ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****The Kareem Hunt Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307438)

TRR 04-29-2017 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12848215)
How is his balance and ability to make guys miss not pretty outstanding? Ball security also.

Agreed. Hunt is anything but 'blah'. Great balance, great feet, and extremely good vision. His lower body is as strong as any back in the draft, and he is smooth in the passing game (400+ yards receiving last year). He really impressed me at the Senior Bowl. I also like the fact that he showed he can play at 208 (Senior Bowl) or 225 (Sr. Year playing weight). As Dorsey said, his ideal playing weight is probably somewhere in between.

Kareem Hunt will be a fun one to watch in Reid's offense over the next several years. Trust me.

jspchief 04-29-2017 09:20 AM

Post Charles Syndrome

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RunKC 04-29-2017 09:28 AM

I think this pick has a lot to do with Knile Davis. He's basically the polar opposite of him.

Davis didn't have a lick of elusiveness, balance, vision or ball security and Hunt literally excels at all of those things.

I'm okay with it even if he's a few steps slower than Davis.

LoneWolf 04-29-2017 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12847708)
PFF College Football @PFF_College

RB Kareem Hunt, #SeniorBowl

"Forced more missed tackles than any RB in country w/98. Great balance. Can contribute in pass game" @PFF_Steve

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12847711)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">RB Kareem Hunt, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SeniorBowl?src=hash">#SeniorBowl</a><br><br>&quot;Forced more missed tackles than any RB in country w/98. Great balance. Can contribute in pass game&quot; <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_Steve">@PFF_Steve</a> <a href="https://t.co/3OppYJdF1I">pic.twitter.com/3OppYJdF1I</a></p>&mdash; PFF College Football (@PFF_College) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/825080748436774913">January 27, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 12847967)
"Forced more missed tackles than any RB in country w/98. Great balance. Can contribute in pass game" @PFF_Steve

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12848189)
Found this:

According to Pro Football Focus, Hunt was “one of the most elusive running backs in this draft class.” He forced 98 missed tackles last season, which was second-most in the nation

By "found this", did you mean you read the ****ing thread? Stick to jerking of hogs. You have proven your football takes suck.

NJChiefsFan 04-29-2017 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12848146)
Didn't realize we gave up our 2 4ths for this slow midget.

That hurts !

Gotta trust dorsey on this.

I'd think we would have been better off giving our 3rd and both 4's to get Mixon.

The Chiefs gave up a 4 and 7, not two 4s.

Chiefshrink 04-29-2017 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 12848078)
Wow, I wasn't sold on Hunt when I saw his 40 time, but I was after I saw the vids. You can see by the way he runs that speed isn't what it's all about. The way he's able to make small subtle moves, and yet it totally screws up the defenders pursuit to him is amazing.

I've been trying to think of an NFL comparison, but the only name that comes to mind is Marcus Allen. Mostly because of his vision and his toughness.

Giovanni Bernard is who I liken him to but tougher runner than Bernard.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 04-29-2017 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 12847765)
Frank Gore? If he's got that in him, he'll last a long time in this league.

I was thinking the same in terms of his stride. He's not a burner but he'll move the chains. In terms of dual threat ability this kid looks natural at it

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-29-2017 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 12848266)
By "found this", did you mean you read the ****ing thread? Stick to jerking of hogs. You have proven your football takes suck.

No, I read it over at the Chiefs site so relayed it here. I don't thumb through all the pages of every thread. Also go **** yourself you worthless bitch !

BossChief 04-29-2017 09:48 AM

Dorsey has been the best drafter of the last 3-4 years and it's very exciting to see him make moves to identify specific players and to move up to get his favorite players to draft.

1) he thinks Pat Mahomes is a rare talent that doesn't come around often.
2) he compares tagggopassgwaratea to Justin Tuck
3) he says Hunt is the best RB outside the group of 3-4 elite backs...pretty good fit.

DJ's left nut 04-29-2017 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12848296)
Dorsey has been the best drafter of the last 3-4 years and it's very exciting to see him make moves to identify specific players and to move up to get his favorite players to draft.

1) he thinks Pat Mahomes is a rare talent that doesn't come around often.
2) he compares tagggopassgwaratea to Justin Tuck
3) he says Hunt is the best RB outside the group of 3-4 elite backs...pretty good fit.

So he says that Hunt is the 5th best RB in this class.

And he gave up a 3rd and 4th for him.

I'm supposed to be happy about that?

Well at least he'll make the team so there's some progress. And for third rounders, 'steady contributor' is a fair expectation. I suspect Hunt will manage that. I just don't see the upside here that some do.

O.city 04-29-2017 10:07 AM

Kind of reminds me of the rb from the skins

Warrick 04-29-2017 10:09 AM

I like the Marshawn Lynch comparisons.

LoneWolf 04-29-2017 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12848279)
No, I read it over at the Chiefs site so relayed it here. I don't thumb through all the pages of every thread. Also go **** yourself you worthless bitch !

Johnny Football!!! ROFL

DJ's left nut 04-29-2017 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12848237)
He looked like the same exact guy at the Senior Bowl, so I think that's bullshit.

His teammates also improved at the senior bowl.

I see a slightly undersized north-south runner who lacks starting RB speed. He does have good balance but I don't think it will matter as much when larger, faster, more polished people are hitting him.

I just don't see skills that are going to translate well because he lacks the physical tools to put them to their best use. He has a great foundation to build a RB on. The problem is all you got is a 1700 sq. foot single story slab. The foundation; vision and balance - isn't gonna get us much IMO. He'll get what is blocked, may occasionally make someone miss and if he finds himself in space he'll get run down within about 15 yards.

I don't see what makes him an appreciably better player than West.

I like Dorsey's first two picks but I ain't compelled to like everything he does. I don't like this pick.

staylor26 04-29-2017 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12848379)
His teammates also improved at the senior bowl.

I see a slightly undersized north-south runner who lacks starting RB speed. He does have good balance but I don't think it will matter as much when larger, faster, more polished people are hitting him.

I just don't see skills that are going to translate well because he lacks the physical tools to put them to their best use. He has a great foundation to build a RB on. The problem is all you got is a 1700 sq. foot single story slab. The foundation; vision and balance - isn't gonna get us much IMO. He'll get what is blocked, may occasionally make someone miss and if he finds himself in space he'll get run down within about 15 yards.

I don't see what makes him an appreciably better player than West.

I like Dorsey's first two picks but I ain't compelled to like everything he does. I don't like this pick.

Ageee to disagree. I don't think you have to like the pick, just debating!