ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the Patriots (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318008)

htismaqe 10-07-2018 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13798788)
Gronk has one good game this year, and one TD.

He's no Kelce.

I'm telling you all, this team is ripe for slaughter.

The middle of this defense is softer than a Tempur Pedic, sorry. Doesn't mean the Patriots win but I fully expect another 42-35 style game...

Basileus777 10-07-2018 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13798784)
The pass rush actually didn't fall off when Houston was out. If Ford plays and the line shows up again, they'll be fine even without Houston.

The real issue is whether or not they can do enough to keep Gronk from winning the game single-handedly.

The Jags in a blowout needing to pass every play is a bit different than the Patriots short passing and running game. They are built to attack what our defense is worst at defending.

I'm more scared of James White than Gronk really. Gronk has looked slow this year, he's not in his prime.

Hammock Parties 10-07-2018 10:48 PM

These guys are all dialed in. They're winning a playoff game this year. I'm telling you...they're on a ****ing mission. Mahomes has done something to that locker room.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...219637075.html

Quote:

Even as Reid waved off questions about the difference this time around, that was a consistent theme among Chiefs players after the game. Their consciousness of that reveals some telling self-knowledge.

“I think (expecting more now) has a lot to do with years past,” Kelce said. “Guys feeling sick of kind of the ups and downs, rollercoasters, being able to take what happened last year and fix it.

“And sure enough the finishing (of) games, finishing week-in, week-out, finishing practices, overall the finish mindset has been huge in terms of what Coach Reid has emphasized.”

Punter Dustin Colquitt, the longest-tenured Chiefs, nods when you ask him about what’s different and calls it a “hyper-focus” around the team that he compares to a watch, with “all those little gears going in place.” Center Mitch Morse said, “I think we have our heads on our shoulders,” meaning in terms of perspective and what it might take from here to make this count for something to remember.

“We’re definitely happy with where we are,” he added, “but no one’s comfortable with where we are.”

chiefscafan 10-07-2018 10:52 PM

9 days injuries at home pats should win but if we pull win off watch out!

carcosa 10-07-2018 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 13798820)
9 days injuries at home pats should win but if we pull win off watch out!

Pats shouldn't and won't win

Best22 10-07-2018 11:13 PM

We were missing Houston, Ford, Jones, and 2 safeties

No wonder Bortles moved the ball so well

That being said, they need to get better, but this was a huge win for us

Coach 10-07-2018 11:15 PM

Chiefs need to bracket Gronk, and defend the middle, and take their chances against Josh Gordon and force Brady to throw outside the hashes.

TwistedChief 10-08-2018 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13798760)
They beat us in 2015, but we spanked that ass in 2014 and 2017.

I don't think they were better last year, and they're worse this year.

Jason Avant was our clutch receiver in that game. Let that sink in.

MMXcalibur 10-08-2018 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13798812)
These guys are all dialed in. They're winning a playoff game this year. I'm telling you...they're on a ****ing mission. Mahomes has done something to that locker room.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...219637075.html

BFD, win 3 of those in a row and then get back to me.
We got that "playoff win" monkey off our back a few years back in Houston, regardless of what you want to say about Brian Hoyer.

New World Order 10-08-2018 03:01 AM

31-27 Chiefs

St. Patty's Fire 10-08-2018 04:35 AM

Thannon Tharpe trying to say the Pats are better than us because we gave up 400 yards to Bortles (even though we had 4 ints and he threw it 65 times).

You heard it here first folks. Media still wants to give us no respect.

Hammock Parties 10-08-2018 05:31 AM

The Patriots gave up THIRTY ONE POINTS and 376 yards and 4 TD to Bortles and the Jaguars.

Bortles threw it 45 times and the Pats had ZERO sacks, which speaks to their pass rush vs ours.

Against that same defense they had barely 300 yards.

**** off, media.

Mecca 10-08-2018 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDONsey (Post 13798922)
Thannon Tharpe trying to say the Pats are better than us because we gave up 400 yards to Bortles (even though we had 4 ints and he threw it 65 times).

You heard it here first folks. Media still wants to give us no respect.

It's Shannon Sharpe...there are going to be former players who frankly don't like the Chiefs, he's one of them.

BigRedChief 10-08-2018 06:38 AM

Vegas says the Pats are -3.5 to win the game. Based upon Brady shredding our defense at home.

pugsnotdrugs19 10-08-2018 06:39 AM

NE doesn’t have one pass rusher that’s as good as our 3rd guy.