ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

NewChief 02-28-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8404606)
lots of open cuts and wounds not to pick up the zombie infection.

I'm pretty sure an explanation for that will be revealed.

Deberg_1990 02-28-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8404606)
lots of open cuts and wounds not to pick up the zombie infection.

If the rumors are true, they are all already infected and you only turn Zombie when you die. Doesnt matter how you die.

blaise 02-28-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8404624)
I'm pretty sure an explanation for that will be revealed.

Yeah, it seems like it was almost intentional, with all the cuts. When you consider Shane's comment about no bites on the guards, it seemed to all be done as foreshadowing.

Chiefnj2 02-28-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8404628)
If the rumors are true, they are all already infected and you only turn Zombie when you die. Doesnt matter how you die.

If you get bit and don't die, you turn into a zombie. That also doesn't explain all the dead bodies in the cars that they found in season 1.

I don't think the explanation will hold water. Oh well.

frankotank 02-28-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8403990)
Wonder if he'll make a change, or if he'll revert back to his old ways. Also, wonder how he'll react when he hears about the stupid shit Andrea pulled.

in the preview for next week Shane's talking about taking leadership from Rick. seems like same ole same ole...

frankotank 02-28-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8404216)
Someone threw an idea out there that I don't think we've ever seen in any zombie film or show.

Just to toss this out there we're assuming everyone is infected and you rise from the dead no matter how you die.

What happens if Lori's baby dies? I mean she's all stressed out and getting into car crashes and shit. Does it turn into a zombie and eat it's way out? That has to cross some kind of line that nobody on TV would be willing to cross right?

maybe I'm misunderstanding you. I had mentioned that IMO in most (OK maybe many? certainly not all) zombie movies if you die, not matter how, you come back. you aren't saying that is the idea we've never seen in a zombie show are you? even in the original they start clawing thier way out of the grave in scene one.
man that baby scene in the Ving Rhames movie....holt shit!

NewChief 02-28-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8404639)
If you get bit and don't die, you turn into a zombie. That also doesn't explain all the dead bodies in the cars that they found in season 1.

I don't think the explanation will hold water. Oh well.

I read an interview where they talked about all the dead bodies in the car. The writer basically said, "We have an internally consistent logic to all of this that will be revealed as the plot progresses."

frankotank 02-28-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8404485)
Just thinking of that horrible ending makes me so ****in' mad.

The real ending to I am legend is brilliant. That was hollywood garbage they tossed together after test audiences hated the original (and far more awesome) ending. Grrrrrr.

OK....what IS the real ending?? I wanna know!

by the way...the movie ending of The Mist left me wanting to smash something. that is NOT how the book ends. stupid stupid stupid ending. just ****ing AWEFUL! you should be ashamed S King.

blaise 02-28-2012 08:59 AM

It seems like the zombies are decomposing, so I would think if you could wait them out for a few years they would start just breaking down to the point of being immobile.

NewChief 02-28-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8404670)
It seems like the zombies are decomposing, so I would think if you could wait them out for a few years they would start just breaking down to the point of being immobile.

Right. Unless anytime someone dies, bitten by a zombie or not, they turn into a zombie. That would make for a situation where there are constantly fresh zombies (though the living population is so depleted at this point, there will be far fewer than at the outbreak). They also said that explains why some zombies are more mobile and aggressive. The more decomposed ones are the crawlers and such. The fresher ones are the ones that can move pretty quick and swarm.

WhiteWhale 02-28-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8404650)
maybe I'm misunderstanding you. I had mentioned that IMO in most (OK maybe many? certainly not all) zombie movies if you die, not matter how, you come back. you aren't saying that is the idea we've never seen in a zombie show are you? even in the original they start clawing thier way out of the grave in scene one.
man that baby scene in the Ving Rhames movie....holt shit!

No, I'm talking about a mostly developed fetus eating it's way out of a pregnant mother. I hadn't seen the movie that was discussed.

WhiteWhale 02-28-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8404669)
OK....what IS the real ending?? I wanna know!

by the way...the movie ending of The Mist left me wanting to smash something. that is NOT how the book ends. stupid stupid stupid ending. just ****ing AWEFUL! you should be ashamed S King.

They followed the ending from the Novel.

Spoiler!

NewChief 02-28-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8404710)
They followed the ending from the Novel.

Spoiler!

Wow. I never knew that, and I pride myself on knowing that kind of geeky shit. That's a much, much better ending.

Deberg_1990 02-28-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8404676)
Right. Unless anytime someone dies, bitten by a zombie or not, they turn into a zombie. That would make for a situation where there are constantly fresh zombies (though the living population is so depleted at this point, there will be far fewer than at the outbreak).

If thats the case then Shane/Andrea, Glen/Maggie need to get to work and help repopulate.

Huffmeister 02-28-2012 10:07 AM

So what was the significance of the lone zombie in the field? Was Shane relating to it, thinking that he needed to be on his own? That point went over my head.

Also, the first time we saw the zombie in the field was when they were driving out to drop the guy off. So when driving away from the farm, the field was on the passenger side, with the zombie walking in the direction they were traveling. Then later, they're headed toward the farm, but the field is still on the passenger side, with the zombie walking in the direction that they're traveling.

I'm sure it's a fluke, but just something I noticed.