ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***College Football 2018 Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317135)

displacedinMN 12-01-2018 09:52 PM

These are long ass games.

displacedinMN 12-01-2018 10:30 PM

OSU not getting in. OK should.

tk13 12-01-2018 10:43 PM

Herbstreit apparently blew up Twitter. I guess he said in his mind Georgia should move up to 3 and Notre Dame should drop to 4 after today.

smithandrew051 12-01-2018 10:59 PM

Probably a safe bet that the playoff will be:

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame
4. Oklahoma

Georgia is a top 4 team IMO, but the committee has never allowed a 2-loss conference champ in...let alone a 2-loss conference runner up.

BryanBusby 12-01-2018 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 13926832)
Herbstreit apparently blew up Twitter. I guess he said in his mind Georgia should move up to 3 and Notre Dame should drop to 4 after today.

As much as I'd like to penalize Notre Dame for their shit, I don't see how you could put a 2 loss team over them.

kccrow 12-02-2018 01:44 AM

Going to be interesting to see what the committee decides because they have to look at what they'd perceive a matchup between Oklahoma and Alabama to be versus Ohio State vs Alabama. I don't think Oklahoma has a defense that can stop Alabama once in that game. Ohio State, 50% of the time, does. I don't know that Oklahoma could hang within 30 points of 'Bama, seriously. I think from a physical standpoint they'd get their shit pushed in. If the committee takes Oklahoma, it's because they think that offense can compete and keep a close game. If they take Ohio State it's because they are going with the team that has a better chance at actually beating Alabama if they play the type of game they played against Michigan.

tk13 12-02-2018 01:45 AM

I had not realized that Iowa State played a makeup game with Drake to round out their schedule today... and Drake almost won. ISU won 27-24 and were trailing in the 3rd quarter.

That might have been the biggest upset in history, Drake is a non-scholarship program playing a power 5 ranked team. Funny thing would be if it knocks Iowa State out of the top 25 and takes a top 25 win away from Oklahoma's resume.

BryanBusby 12-02-2018 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 13927024)
Going to be interesting to see what the committee decides because they have to look at what they'd perceive a matchup between Oklahoma and Alabama to be versus Ohio State vs Alabama. I don't think Oklahoma has a defense that can stop Alabama once in that game. Ohio State, 50% of the time, does. I don't know that Oklahoma could hang within 30 points of 'Bama, seriously. I think from a physical standpoint they'd get their shit pushed in. If the committee takes Oklahoma, it's because they think that offense can compete and keep a close game. If they take Ohio State it's because they are going with the team that has a better chance at actually beating Alabama if they play the type of game they played against Michigan.

Ya but they lost to ****ing Purdue. ****ing Purdue.

Red Dawg 12-02-2018 06:35 AM

My money is on Ohio State. Georgia is out and should be. Sooners defense despite a decent showing against Texas is massively bad. They would play Bama and would routed big. Bama could name their score and hit it.

Sassy Squatch 12-02-2018 06:42 AM

OU lost to ranked Texas by 3 points. OSU got throat****ed by mediocre Purdue to the tune of 29 points. OSU is the odd man out.

PHOG 12-02-2018 08:46 AM

I think its between 2 loss Georgia, which played well vs. Alabama but ultimately blew it (fake punt, really?), and Oklahoma that avenged their 3 point loss to a ranked Texas.

Sassy Squatch 12-02-2018 08:51 AM

Honestly, Georgia should be excluded from the conversation because of that fake punt. Alabama was ****ing lined up to stop that and they just go ahead and run it anyway.

tk13 12-02-2018 11:37 AM

It's Alabama, Clemson, ND and Oklahoma.

Georgia actually got the 5. Sounds like Ohio State wasn't even in the final conversation.

FloridaMan88 12-02-2018 11:58 AM

Georgia and their SEC homer supporters (Paul Finebaum) have nothing to complain about.

They lost two games, they didn't win their conference and one of their losses was by 20 points.

Rams Fan 12-02-2018 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13927671)
Georgia and their SEC homer supporters (Paul Finebaum) have nothing to complain about.

They lost two games, they didn't win their conference and one of their losses was by 20 points.

I don't have any issues with UGA not getting in.

They had their opportunity yesterday and ****ed up.

Auburn should've gotten in if they won last year, though.