ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2018 Royals Repository *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314771)

BigCatDaddy 06-10-2018 03:29 PM

This Keller kid was a good pick up.

KCUnited 06-10-2018 03:59 PM

Just tuned in. How many games has Moose played 1st this season?

CasselGotPeedOn 06-10-2018 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 13588259)

Bout tree fiddy

tk13 06-10-2018 04:34 PM

Treinen is so nasty. Guy throws almost 100 and it's moving all over the place.

KChiefs1 06-10-2018 04:38 PM

Successful road trip.

Only the O’s have a worst record now.

WhawhaWhat 06-10-2018 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 13588259)

BWillie 06-10-2018 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 13587864)
Matias’ power display is legitimate and real.

He’s still very young for that level and needs development, but his ability to punish the Baseball is rare. He absolutely needs to make progress with his K rate.

He’s one of many encouraging performances, though. Lee is having a strong campaign in an awful hitters environment. Mondesi and Staumont are having the starts you’d like to see in Omaha.

Pratto is hitting for more power with less average than expected but still good.

And then there’s MJ Melendez, who is exceeding all expectations. He’s showing nearly as much power as Matias, but with plus defense at a key defensive position and better K rate and average.

He’s my no 1 prospect.

Can you tell me why Pratto plays 1B? By all accounts he is above-average athlete, can throw 90 mph, and is decent with the glove. Seems like a completely waste of talent letting him rot at 1B. Kind of like Eric Hosmer. It was always maddening to me that Eric Hosmer was always relegated to 1B. Even more strange someone gave him as big of a contract to a FIRST BASEMAN. GM's still haven't learned.

Chiefspants 06-10-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13588370)
Can you tell me why Pratto plays 1B? By all accounts he is above-average athlete, can throw 90 mph, and is decent with the glove. Seems like a completely waste of talent letting him rot at 1B. Kind of like Eric Hosmer. It was always maddening to me that Eric Hosmer was always relegated to 1B. Even more strange someone gave him as big of a contract to a FIRST BASEMAN. GM's still haven't learned.

Have you seen pictures of Hos when he was 12-14? There was a reason he was slated at first when he was young.

tk13 06-10-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Hosmer is left handed so you couldn't put him at any other infield position. And if you remember they actually did play him in RF on occasion early in his career so Billy Butler could play 1B in interleague. I don't think they thought very highly of his defense out there.

BWillie 06-10-2018 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 13588384)
Hosmer is left handed so you couldn't put him at any other infield position. And if you remember they actually did play him in RF on occasion early in his career so Billy Butler could play 1B in interleague. I don't think they thought very highly of his defense out there.

Yeah, because he basically borderline pouted that he had to play it. And had a mental block that he just wasn't an outfielder. 1B is where you put the fat guy or the aging slugger. Not an athletic dude with a cannon.

Chiefspants 06-10-2018 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13588390)
Yeah, because he basically borderline pouted that he had to play it. And had a mental block that he just wasn't an outfielder. 1B is where you put the fat guy or the aging slugger. Not an athletic dude with a cannon.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BR0b6aFCAAAwKEA.jpg:large

duncan_idaho 06-11-2018 05:18 AM

Quote:

He plays 1B because he’s left-handed and doesn’t have great foot speed. His speed is average at best, though he does have great instincts, which help his baserunning play up.

I think he’s more capable in the OF than Hosmer was, based on reports, but he’s never going to be more than average out there (and maybe below).

Prison Bitch 06-11-2018 06:46 AM

Lost 6/7 on the swing

They're so pathetic

duncan_idaho 06-11-2018 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13588724)
Lost 6/7 on the swing

They're so pathetic

This is a good thing.

I didn’t think they would be this bad, but if you’re going to be bad, be really bad. It’s an unintentional tank (I think?) but it’s still a tank job.

Fansy the Famous Bard 06-11-2018 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 13588725)
This is a good thing.

I didn’t think they would be this bad, but if you’re going to be bad, be really bad. It’s an unintentional tank (I think?) but it’s still a tank job.

Continue unloading peeps!