ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****OFFICIAL 2017 Saccopoo NFL Mock Draft Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306604)

RealSNR 04-18-2017 04:18 PM

PM sent

We all wait with bated breath to see which training camp scrub will be fake selected by KC!

BossChief 04-18-2017 05:48 PM

The Kansas City Chiefs select Austin Rehkow, punter/kicker, Idaho

This is definetly an outside the box type of pick I'm comfortable making at the tail end of the whole draft.

This kid is a damn good punter that had a really nice average over the last 3 years (almost as good as Colquitt) and here comes the fun part...

He was 26/29 on FGs last year, so he would fill both kicker and punter spots.

That alone would save KC 6m in cap space this year and it would also open up an extra roster spot to carry an extra player they would otherwise have to cut.

So, I think it's worth the move to save 6m and have an extra roster spot.

Hand this kid to Toub and lets roll.

CleveSteve 04-18-2017 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12829062)
There was a guy maybe two years ago who organized a preference-choice system of UDFAs following our mock. It seemed like a lot of work, but it was kind of interesting.

I think the problem was a lot of it was based on luck, since your ability to select your guy came down to whether or not you played the market correctly. If you really wanted an undrafted kicker, and your team didn't have a first dibs spot, you'd have to rank the kicker above some really good players that you would prefer to have instead of the kicker.

Also, not everybody submitted a list, so some teams got UDFAs while others just had nothing. And some guys had UDFAs that everybody had already picked, so they ended up with like, one guy

Yeah it kind of stinks unless most people submit a list...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...A#post11438052

Marco Polo 04-18-2017 10:02 PM

The Dallas Cowboys select Austin Carr, WR, Northwestern.

Marco Polo 04-18-2017 10:05 PM

Here is a look at the Bills draft:

1.10 Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
2.44 Teez Tabor, CB, Florida
3.75 Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama
5.156 Chad Hansen, WR, California
5.171 Erik Magnuson, OT, Michigan
6.198 CJ Beathard, QB, Iowa

Rain Man 04-18-2017 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 12830237)
The Dallas Cowboys select Austin Carr, WR, Northwestern.

Please tell me that his middle name is Healey.

Marco Polo 04-18-2017 10:08 PM

Here's the Cowboys draft. They have too many lower end picks and will need to make some moves since most of these guys won't make the roster.

1.28 Derek Barnett, DE/OLB, Tennessee
2.60 Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan
3.92 Dede Westbrook, WR, Oklahoma
4.133 George Kittle, TE, Iowa
6.211 Matt Milano, LB, Boston College
7.228 Jessamen Dunker, OG, Tennessee State
7.246 Austin Carr, WR, Northwestern

Titty Meat 04-18-2017 10:19 PM

Homer pick here but I think this guy is an NFL tight end just played with an absolute shit QB.

New York Jets Select: Cethan Carter,TE,Nebraska

RealSNR 04-18-2017 10:29 PM

Somebody's going to take this shrimp midget. I don't think it will be Pittsburgh, but it would be interesting to see Todd try to fit this little shrimp into the offense on 3rd down. He seemed to love bullshit like this with McCluster and others, so I don't see why he wouldn't have a good time on this.

He might weigh 175, but it's a HEAVY 175...

Pittsburgh selects Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State

RealSNR 04-18-2017 10:39 PM

Pittsburgh's draft:

1.30. Carl Lawson, DE/OLB, Auburn
2.62. Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland
3.94. Jalen Myrick, CB, Minnesota
3.105. Davon Godchaux, DT, LSU
4.135. Taywan Taylor, WR, Western Kentucky
5.173. Connor Harris, ILB, Lindenwood
6.213. Avery Moss, DE/OLB, Youngstown State
7.248. Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State

Yuck. I didn't win any drafts with this one. I'm pretty sour on my first two picks, really liked what I did in the 3rd and 4th rounds, and I thought I finished strong on some players that have real potential to stick on an NFL roster instead of get washed out.

I don't know what I was thinking with the Lawson pick. I had my eyes set on Barnett and Watt so freakin hard that I convinced myself Lawson was an okay 2nd prize to one of them, but man, he's looking like a pretty big reach now. And while Adam Shaheen has potential to be a really great pro, I don't think taking him in the 2nd round is going to give me all of the value I thought I could get out of him.

At least my crap draft came at the expense of a douchebag team.

O.city 04-19-2017 07:45 AM

Thanks for helping me out there at the end guys. Things are calming down now around herr, but sick kids are scary.

Thanks to all.

DJ's left nut 04-19-2017 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12830284)
Somebody's going to take this shrimp midget. I don't think it will be Pittsburgh, but it would be interesting to see Todd try to fit this little shrimp into the offense on 3rd down. He seemed to love bullshit like this with McCluster and others, so I don't see why he wouldn't have a good time on this.

He might weigh 175, but it's a HEAVY 175...

Pittsburgh selects Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State

I 'bout grabbed Pumphrey for Denver but had already taken Williams and see him as almost exclusively a 3rd down back.

It's a nice pick this late; he'll make a team and provide a little value in a RB rotation somewhere, IMO.

Rain Man 04-19-2017 09:33 AM

With their last pick, I hope Denver takes Simone Biles, Olympic gymnast. I bet her three-cone time is really good.

I see her as a viable alternative to Pumphrey, too.

Hoover 04-19-2017 12:54 PM

With the 249th pick, the Atlanta Falcons select, Montae Nicholson, S, Michigan State

31. Atlanta - Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan
63. Atlanta - Montravius Adams, DT, Auburn
95. Atlanta - Ethan Pocic, C, LSU
136. Atlanta - Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson
174. Atlanta - Fred Ross, WR, Mississippi State
249. Atlanta - Montae Nicholson, S, Michigan State

Pretty happy with the draft for Atlanta, I especially think the defensive players could all contribute in a major way very quickly.

TambaBerry 04-19-2017 12:59 PM

Detroit Lions Select Cameron Tom C Southern Mississippi