ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Brett Veach prioritizing re-signing Chris Jones, L'Jarius Sneed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352215)

philfree 02-25-2024 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 17417389)
He is likely to be released and I’m sure would love to end his career on a favorite. He won’t command big $ at his age, but is still a really good WR with a skill set that should translate to this offense flawlessly and compliments Rice nearly perfectly. He also went to college at Kansas State.

And his daddy played for the Chiefs and Kansas State as well.

Nirvana58 02-25-2024 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 17417391)
Tyler Lockett is exactly the kind of guy we should want. He’s not too expensive. He runs proper routes, catches the damn ball instead of dropping it, and he has very good awareness on the field as we saw with his improvised plays with Russell Wilson.

Sign Lockett and another reliable free agent receiver.

Draft a wide receiver in the first. Unless a franchise LT falls perfectly to us. Draft another one in the 4th.

Then Super Bowls

O.city 02-27-2024 08:45 AM

There's some smoke out there that Sneed ends up in Philly. They've got pick 22/50/53.

I'd take 50 begrudgingly for Sneed in a tag and trade I think.

Go Royals 02-27-2024 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17418818)
There's some smoke out there that Sneed ends up in Philly. They've got pick 22/50/53.

Gotta get more than that I think. Ramsey fetched a whole hell of a lot more when he first got traded to the Rams

pugsnotdrugs19 02-27-2024 08:56 AM

I'd need more than pick 50 I think. At least in overall value.

If that's the pick, I need another 4 or something.

Skyy God 02-27-2024 08:59 AM

Quote:

Or 50 and 53.

https://lastwordonsports.com/nfl/202...les-instagram/

Wisconsin_Chief 02-27-2024 09:01 AM

Quote:

Did you see his Tweet? It's a little worrisome, seems like his agent might already have something lined up with them. Just hope we aren't going to let him walk without tagging and trading. That would be insane.

pugsnotdrugs19 02-27-2024 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 17418833)
Did you see his Tweet? It's a little worrisome, seems like his agent might already have something lined up with them. Just hope we aren't going to let him walk without tagging and trading. That would be insane.

There's no way he just walks. And if they are trading him, that gives me a ton of confidence that we keep Chris.

RunKC 02-27-2024 09:10 AM

I'd take 50 and 137 (4th). Could use that 4th to move up to 46 per the draft chart.

pugsnotdrugs19 02-27-2024 09:12 AM

Yeah that's not bad.

The key factoid none of us have info on is that knee. Easy to forget after an incredible year that he missed all of training camp. If there's any real cause for concern there, a trade makes a ton of sense.

DJ's left nut 02-27-2024 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R Clark (Post 17417315)
So what is Lockett going to cost?

I'd guess in the $4-6 million range but you never really know what this 'found money' is going to do for the lower/middle class free agents.

I don't think he'll have to settle for the vet minimum now that an extra $400 million in cap space has hit the market. Now all teams won't have the cash spending budget to use that, but many will.

Even if you figure another $250 million in the market in cash spending, that's going to really help the guys at the bottom/middle. I think it takes a few guys like Lockett who may have had to settle for vet minimum deals and opens it up for them to get more than that.

Remember that Locket is eligible for the 4 year veterans salary benefit in Seattle. A $3.2 million deal would count for something like $1.8 million on their cap next season. So I think about $4 million is the absolute floor to pry him out of there unless he's ring-chasing.

DJ's left nut 02-27-2024 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17417281)
I'm fine with cutting MVS and replacing him with Mooney, bringing back most of the same depth guys and using a top 64 pick on one.

Rice
Mooney
Rookie
Hardman
Watson
Ross

If they keep 7 it will be the winner of Skyy, Remigio and other fringe guys in camp

Gimme McMillan with a 2nd and an OT in the first and I'm gonna be pretty damn happy with that offseason. Especially if we end up with a solid developmental TE or OG in the 3rd or 4th.

DJ's left nut 02-27-2024 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 17418833)

We aren't in the open tampering period yet.

Buuuuuut, I do wonder if the teams can't give each other permission to speak regarding a contract extension in the event trade terms are reached. So if it means anything (and the odds overwhelmingly suggest it doesn't), then it would mean that we've probably reached an agreement in principle on a tag/trade and he's come to an agreement with Philly.

If that's the case, we'd know in a matter of hours. It would leak by the end of the day today.

staylor26 02-27-2024 09:27 AM

What tweet?

smithandrew051 02-27-2024 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17418869)
What tweet?

I think it was an Instagram post actually. It was just an emoji of an Eagle.

I don’t read much into it. He’s used that emoji a lot.