ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Ed Harris takes Top villain role in HBOs "Westworld" reboot (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285622)

Third Eye 06-19-2022 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 16340245)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l4t...ab_channel=HBO

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2l4tuNYvPa4" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Westworld’s use of music has been one of my favorite aspects of the show. This version of a NIN song continues that.

listopencil 06-20-2022 07:15 AM

To me the only thing they really have left to do with the show is get to the point where they are putting actual human beings into host bodies. It's the only way to resolve the conflict at the heart of the show. Maybe not, maybe they will surprise me, but that is what I expect.

listopencil 06-24-2022 03:47 PM

First episode in a couple of days. This Sunday.

mr. tegu 06-24-2022 05:58 PM

I gave up on this midway through the second season. Seemed like it was really going off the rails. Which is a shame because I really liked the first season.

listopencil 06-24-2022 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 16346775)
I gave up on this midway through the second season. Seemed like it was really going off the rails. Which is a shame because I really liked the first season.

The first season was outstanding. For me it started going downhill right after the Man In Black reveal. I was hoping for something more complicated than that. I also wanted to see a lot more from inside the park. Everything out in the real world has been bland. Maybe they can pull this off, stick the landing.

Third Eye 07-24-2022 10:34 PM

Alright, I’ll say it, season 4 has been pretty good.

Tribal Warfare 07-25-2022 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 16380172)
Alright, I’ll say it, season 4 has been pretty good.

Eh, doing the Matrix/Skynet shit with the same incongruent timeline for a bait and switch in season one.

staylor26 07-25-2022 06:15 PM

Keep hearing good things about S4, so I'm finally going to finish S3.

TwistedChief 07-25-2022 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 16381159)
Eh, doing the Matrix/Skynet shit with the same incongruent timeline for a bait and switch in season one.

I kinda hate this show.

I'm 2 episodes behind in the latest season and I'm pretty sure I'm only watching it because I've watched everything prior to it.

It's so convoluted and back and forth and just a complete mess of a storyline.

I find new series regularly that are far more enjoyable to watch than this. I really think I give it the benefit of the doubt that much more because it hails from the HBO Sunday Night lineup.

staylor26 07-25-2022 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16381203)
I kinda hate this show.

I'm 2 episodes behind in the latest season and I'm pretty sure I'm only watching it because I've watched everything prior to it.

I find new series regularly that are far more enjoyable to watch than this. I really think I give it the benefit of the doubt that much more because it hails from the HBO Sunday Night lineup.

I'm further behind than you are, but from what I've seen, it's the last 2 episodes that have everybody back on the bandwagon.

I'd be interested to see whether your mind changes after watching them.

listopencil 07-25-2022 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 16381159)

I don't think the show will ever be as good as it was in the first season. I am still watching because I want to see how this gets wrapped up but it isn't even close to as good as it was.

listopencil 07-25-2022 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 16381235)
I'm further behind than you are, but from what I've seen, it's the last 2 episodes that have everybody back on the bandwagon.

I'd be interested to see whether your moms changes after watching them.

Something finally actually happened, that's all. They've spent the entire season so far foreshadowing it.

hometeam 07-25-2022 07:23 PM

After last season i was getting kinda meh on the show, my hopes for this season where pretty muted.

However, its been good AF.

Baby Lee 07-26-2022 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16381203)
I kinda hate this show.

I resigned myself that I pretty much watch for the visuals. The sets and costumes are pretty great, the acting performances are pretty great, and the female leads are quite attractive. . . They were particularly attractive when they were running around everywhere nekkid, but they are quite attractive clothed as well.

But I'm not all that invested in the narrative itself.

BleedingRed 07-27-2022 01:50 PM

Nah this season is ****ing redeeming this show hard. Ed Harris is ****ing acting his old balls off.

Just unbelievable acting this season. Love the plot.

Baby Lee 07-27-2022 02:40 PM

Interesting thought. . . Is Delores scripting the outliers?

Tribal Warfare 07-27-2022 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16384084)
Interesting thought. . . Is Delores scripting the outliers?

She's unaware that she's Neo in the new host utopia, it's very lazy writing .

Teddy is Whiteboy Morphius

BleedingRed 07-28-2022 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 16384150)
She's unaware that she's Neo in the new host utopia, it's very lazy writing .

Teddy is Whiteboy Morphius

I think Haloris made her that way because she's come to terms with the fact that only a fresh copy will be able to develop free will.

KC_Lee 08-01-2022 06:47 AM

Anyone tired of Tess Thompson's schtick this season? It's like she's intentionally overacting and trying for some deep and ominous voice. I like her acting and she's been good / great in everything I've seen her in but this season...ugh...I cannot stand her acting.

listopencil 08-10-2022 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 16390083)
Anyone tired of Tess Thompson's schtick this season? It's like she's intentionally overacting and trying for some deep and ominous voice. I like her acting and she's been good / great in everything I've seen her in but this season...ugh...I cannot stand her acting.

Tess Thompson is playing her role in a complicated way. Evan Rachel Wood coached her and Thompson studied Wood's version of Dolores. Thompson even sat and watched Wood act out the Halores scenes from this season to use as a benchmark. Basically Tess Thompson is trying to play Even Rachel Wood playing a broken version of Dolores.

Zebedee DuBois 08-10-2022 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 16383986)
... Ed Harris is ****ing acting his old balls off.....

Really? I would surprised if all his cue card says is "Act menacing" - which he does very well - but it is sort of a one note theme.

I've kept up with this show, but I swear - I fall asleep during a lot of episode. The style of dialog delivery is generally very low key for long periods of time, interrupted by some scenes of violence.

BigRedChief 11-04-2022 05:13 PM

Canceled. No tie it all up ending.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">HBO has switched off <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Westworld?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Westworld</a>.<br><br>The acclaimed sci-fi drama is canceled after its recent fourth season, despite creators hoping for a fifth season to wrap things up: <a href="https://t.co/bhOUElJwBB">https://t.co/bhOUElJwBB</a> <a href="https://t.co/1K1IfjlqFp">pic.twitter.com/1K1IfjlqFp</a></p>&mdash; The Hollywood Reporter (@THR) <a href="https://twitter.com/THR/status/1588621406895738881?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 4, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

listopencil 11-05-2022 12:26 AM

That's too bad, but the show just fell off a cliff compared to its old self.

Bowser 11-05-2022 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 16577335)
That's too bad, but the show just fell off a cliff compared to its old self.

How immediate was that fall? I remember thinking season 1 was some of the best TV ever, and then I got to like episode 3 of season 2 and could feel my interest waning. I "think" I finished that season, but never queued up season 3.

BWillie 11-05-2022 10:15 AM

I stopped watching midway thru season 2. Is this show still any good?

Did watch ep 1 and 2 of peripheral and looked good.

Mephistopheles Janx 11-05-2022 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 16577539)
How immediate was that fall? I remember thinking season 1 was some of the best TV ever, and then I got to like episode 3 of season 2 and could feel my interest waning. I "think" I finished that season, but never queued up season 3.

We never finished season 2 here. The only other show I have soured on so quickly come season 2 was Heroes but that had a lot to do with the writers strike.

listopencil 11-05-2022 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 16577539)

For me it was the William reveal that started the downfall of the show.

TwistedChief 11-05-2022 02:06 PM

I can’t tell you how much I disliked this last season. Completely disjointed. I watched it completely out of obligation rather than enjoyment.

This news is a relief.

KC_Connection 11-05-2022 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16578124)
I can’t tell you how much I disliked this last season. Completely disjointed. I watched it completely out of obligation rather than enjoyment.

This news is a relief.

I couldn't bring myself to even watch S4 this time around. Doubt I ever will at this point.

Every season before that had unfulfilled promise and it just didn't seem to me the writers ever had a clue where they wanted to go with the story and what they wanted to do with the characters.

srvy 11-05-2022 06:33 PM

Went off the rails and became unwatchable. No wrapping that shitshow up.

listopencil 11-05-2022 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 16578586)
Went off the rails and became unwatchable. No wrapping that shitshow up.

Felt like they ****ed around until they had nowhere to go and decided to replay season one because they couldn't think of anything better.

srvy 11-05-2022 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 16578804)
Felt like they ****ed around until they had nowhere to go and decided to replay season one because they couldn't think of anything better.

Exactly

BleedingRed 11-06-2022 06:30 PM

Season three is where they ****ed up IMHO SEASON 2 was fine, hard to follow but hand waved away with a good season 3. Season 3’went ****ing crazy and season 4 followed