ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Any thoughts on the Bears leaving Soldier Field? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338920)

backinblack 09-30-2021 12:37 AM

what story is there to tell I was trying to get in a 19 year old girls pants so I took her out on the town to a couple downtown Chicago bars then a four star hotel room on like the 24th floor overlooking the lake which worked there's really not much else to it.

I mean she liked Malibu coconut rum which despite being underage I gave her damn the law being in her pants mattered more but other than that...

Titty Meat 09-30-2021 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backinblack (Post 15863171)
what story is there to tell I was trying to get in a 19 year old girls pants so I took her out on the town to a couple downtown Chicago bars then a four star hotel room on like the 24th floor overlooking the lake which worked there's really not much else to it.

I mean she liked Malibu coconut rum which despite being underage I gave her damn the law being in her pants mattered more but other than that...

Seems like a lot of money just to get laid. Did you cum?

KCUnited 09-30-2021 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15863001)
I know, it's night and day, but to say that "no one" will go to the 'burbs for an NFL event isn't exactly true.

Of course people will go, my context was people coming from the city which isn't really applicable to KC as the majority of attendance is likely coming in from outside the urban core.

Right now at 6:48 am CDT its an hour and 30 minutes for me to get to Arlington Park via train and depending on how they construct the property, its still a .5 mile walk from the Metra station.

So the location is likely a wash for fans. Better for some, worse for others just like the current location.

Deberg_1990 09-30-2021 05:57 AM

People would go to Death Valley for an NFL game. It’s the NFL.

People with money like the idea of it being closer to them instead of the ‘scary’ inner cities.

KCUnited 09-30-2021 06:32 AM

Soldier Field sits next door to a world class museum, aquarium and a harbor full of million dollar boats.

My property taxes are due today so I'm most definitely not homering for Chicago but **** going to Arlington Heights for anything.

Frazod 09-30-2021 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 15863227)
Soldier Field sits next door to a world class museum, aquarium and a harbor full of million dollar boats.

My property taxes are due today so I'm most definitely not homering for Chicago but **** going to Arlington Heights for anything.

Shedd Aquarium is cool, but the Field Museum is rather boring. As for the million dollar boats, to me they're just another pain in the ass when the bridges in the Loop go up to accommodate them. The pricks shouldn't be able to cause that kind of disruption in the middle of a work day.

Also, Arlington Heights ain't exactly Homer. It's a nice, decent sized city in its own right, with a vibrant downtown area. I'd damned sure rather live there than Chicago.

KCUnited 09-30-2021 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15863402)
Shedd Aquarium is cool, but the Field Museum is rather boring. As for the million dollar boats, to me they're just another pain in the ass when the bridges in the Loop go up to accommodate them. The pricks shouldn't be able to cause that kind of disruption in the middle of a work day.

Also, Arlington Heights ain't exactly Homer. It's a nice, decent sized city in its own right, with a vibrant downtown area. I'd damned sure rather live there than Chicago.

Right, personal preference is just that but its not like Soldier Field is the United Center when it comes to 'scary' inner city arenas.

RealSNR 09-30-2021 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15863209)
People would go to Death Valley for an NFL game. It’s the NFL.

People with money like the idea of it being closer to them instead of the ‘scary’ inner cities.

So why do we need to move the Royals downtown again?

gblowfish 09-30-2021 01:17 PM

I saw the Chiefs play at Soldier Field a couple times before they turned the stadium into a space ship. Last time we walked from our hotel (The Congress) to the stadium. It was a pretty good schlep, but the weather was OK so it wasn't bad. I've had some pretty great times in Chicago. My bachelor party was there.

RealSNR 07-26-2022 08:53 AM

It's already a diseased freak of nature with the UFO-renovation they did to it years ago. May as well go all the way, right?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...d-entice-bears

Quote:

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot revealed three proposals on Monday for renovations to Soldier Field to entice the Bears to remain at their home stadium of the past 50 years.

At the center of the proposal is the construction of a domed stadium, which could cost anywhere from $900 million to $2.2 billion.

Lightfoot laid out three options for construction of a dome:

• The first would fully enclose the stadium by rebuilding both end zones with columns that can support a dome structure.

• The second would require both end zones to be rebuilt with columns to make the stadium dome-ready.

• The third option calls for modifications to make Soldier Field a multipurpose stadium suited to host soccer games while also making it a viable location to accommodate major concerts and a range of events.

Eureka 07-26-2022 09:35 AM

A demo and rebuild seems in order. A stadium like Allegiant in LV would be a good result.