ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Decision to be made on #1 four days before draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271667)

Tombstone RJ 04-01-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9547551)
It's a DEEP class. It's not a top heavy class.

Perfect if you're the Patriots or Niners and drafting at the back ends with a billion middle round picks.

****ing shitty if you're in the top 10.

2009 wasn't even a deep class. At least this one is loaded with good value later on.

Yep, it's deep for defensive line and top heavy for tackles. Just because kc doesn't necessarily need a tackle does not mean this is a weak draft class for tackles. In fact, it's probably the best draft class for tackles since 2008.

Just Passin' By 04-01-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9547649)
Atleast they tried man. You're gona hit on one. We should also trust our front office and coaching staff

Why? How's Reid done on QBs since McNabb?

Look, here are the first round QBs since 2000:

Pennington
Vick
Carr
Harrington
Ramsey
Palmer
Leftwich
Boller
Grossman
Manning
Rivers
Roethlisberger
Losman
A. Smith
Rodgers
Campbell
Young
Leinart
Cutler
Russell
Quinn
Ryan
Flacco
Stafford
Sanchez
Freeman
Bradford
Tebow
Newton
Locker
Gabbert
Ponder
Luck
Griffin
Tannehill
Weeden

That's a whole lot of 'not so much', and a lot less 'nailed it!'.

Should they take G. Smith if they are convinced he's the real deal? Absolutely. But, if they're not sure, that's a different story. Wasting a pick is wasting a pick, regardless of the position taken.

splatbass 04-01-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9547634)
I want to draft a future QB number 1. Geno's the top QB in this draft. Im not working :) to keep his balls clean. I dont want to go another ****ing 30 years not drafting a first round QB

What is your goal? It seems to be that your only goal is to draft a 1st round QB.

Personally my goal is to win a SB, but if drafting a 1st round QB is all you care about more power to you.

O.city 04-01-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9547677)
What is your goal? It seems to be that your only goal is to draft a 1st round QB.

Personally my goal is to win a SB, but if drafting a 1st round QB is all you care about more power to you.

Yet you seem excited we have taken the route that has worked fewer times than the other?

The 1st round is the best place to get a talented QB, which is a good starting point. Because this year might not be the year etc etc, doesn't make that any less true. It just happened to not work out.

Mother****erJones 04-01-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9547672)
Why? How's Reid done on QBs since McNabb?

Look, here are the first round QBs since 2000:

Pennington
Vick
Carr
Harrington
Ramsey
Palmer
Leftwich
Boller
Grossman
Manning
Rivers
Roethlisberger
Losman
A. Smith
Rodgers
Campbell
Young
Leinart
Cutler
Russell
Quinn
Ryan
Flacco
Stafford
Sanchez
Freeman
Bradford
Tebow
Newton
Locker
Gabbert
Ponder
Luck
Griffin
Tannehill
Weeden

That's a whole lot of 'not so much', and a lot less 'nailed it!'.

Should they take G. Smith if they are convinced he's the real deal? Absolutely. But, if they're not sure, that's a different story. Wasting a pick is wasting a pick, regardless of the position taken.

Ya well theres alot of Elite and borderline elite QBs and top 15 QBs in those. 1st round is the best chance to get them. Youre not likely to get a Wilson or Brady later in the draft

Mother****erJones 04-01-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9547677)

My goal is to win a Super Bowl. Tell me the list of QBs the past 15 years who wasnt a first round QB? Not many off the top of my head besides the lucky ass Pats with Brady, you had Brees, Brad Johnson. Everyone else was 1st round and high first round. Atleast teams try. We dont EVEN TRY

O.city 04-01-2013 08:09 PM

Frankly, I dont' give a damn about trying. Just get it right.

Mother****erJones 04-01-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9547696)
Frankly, I dont' give a damn about trying. Just get it right.

I agree but youre more likely to win SBs with 1st round QBs

BossChief 04-01-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9547359)
It's Joeckel. They just say these things to appease fans. "We had to think long and hard about our decision". They are lying. They have known for a while.

Truth.

The only reason Albert wants to be traded is because they want him to move to right tackle.

The only reason they want to move him to right tackle is because they are zeroed in on taking Joeckel and have been since the get go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9547378)
So has bosschief accepted the deal.

Im still waiting on him.

The **** are you talking about?

What deal?

O.city 04-01-2013 08:13 PM

Meh, you're more likely to win SB's with a talented QB. Wherever that may be.

penbrook 04-01-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9547700)
Truth.

The only reason Albert wants to be traded is because they want him to move to right tackle.

The only reason they want to move him to right tackle is because they are zeroed in on taking Joeckel and have been since the get go.

What deal?

Blackmon explain to him the proposed deal..

O.city 04-01-2013 08:16 PM

Wait, we're zeroed in on Joeckel?

B14ckmon 04-01-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9547700)
Truth.

What deal?

We made a bet about whether or not Geno will get traded but I said I would only do it if you got involved so I could hand deliver you $500.

Mother****erJones 04-01-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9547704)
Meh, you're more likely to win SB's with a talented QB. Wherever that may be.

Well easier said than done with 2-7 round QBs. Facts are facts. Only 3 QBs have won the Super Bowl that were 2-7 (brad johnson the exception he was round 9) round QBs

Mother****erJones 04-01-2013 08:20 PM

We very well may have zeroed in on Joeckel. Ill be the never say never guy. I still like the fact that McNabb was taken number 2 in a draft where he was rated, if im not mistaken, the worst of the top QBs taken. Ill keep my slimmer of hope alive. I wont be irate if we dont Geno though. Ill trust this regime