ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Carnival Cruise Ship Stranded For 3rd Day - Sewage "Running Down The Walls" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269963)

BlackHelicopters 02-13-2013 04:35 PM

Natural selection and anarchy can work together. Who knew?

EagleRob 02-13-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9399649)
I would be looking for a Personal Injury lawyer right now and I'm not joking.

I had someone bump me in bumper to bumper traffic a few years ago. Maybe doing 1 mph or less.

I had an eye witness that saw this guy do it on purpose. I think the traffic was getting to him.

I went the neck doctor and claimed soft tissue damage which they can't prove or disprove.

The insurance company settled for 120K, 1/3 went to the lawyer.

Make sure you get a lawyer that will do it on a contingency basis, no money out of pocket.

You already have a cause of action.

As Jerry Seinfeld used to say, "Ehhh, that's a shame!". Not even sure hot cheerleader pix can save him this time.

Iowanian 02-13-2013 04:48 PM

With a the W-L record the past couple of seasons, It's almost like Matt Cassel has been the QB for carnival.

If crap has been running down the walls for a few days, it's kind of making me wonder if Pioli is their new GM too.

Monty 02-13-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 9400069)
either that or just shit in the floor so she thinks she's still on vacation.
sec

ROFL

Spott 02-13-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9396813)
Carnival sounds like the Wal Mart of the cruise industry.

It basically is. I've been on 3 cruises with Carnival and they've gotten prorgressively worse, although I've had plenty of fun on all of them. It's more of the party cruise line and is usually the cheaper one to go on. Going as a single guy on the cruises has been a blast. The other cruise lines are a little more family oriented than Carnival.

Monty 02-13-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9400359)
More info Marty

From Carnival
Update on Carnival Triumph February 13, 2013 – 2:30pm EST

We are mobilizing approximately 200 people to be on the ground in Mobile to support the Carnival Triumph’s arrival and guests’ travel home.
We are currently finalizing travel arrangements for guests from Mobile.
Carnival Triumph guests were given the option of boarding buses directly to Galveston or Houston, Texas, or to spend the night in a hotel in New Orleans, where they could rest before flying out on private charters the next day. Carnival will cover all travel related and incidental expenses.
Carnival has reserved and arranged the following: approximately 100 motor coaches; more than 1,500 New Orleans hotel rooms; multiple charter flights from New Orleans to Houston on Friday; and transportation from Houston to the Port of Galveston so that guests may retrieve their cars if they drove to the port.

Appreciate the help. You are a good man. :thumb:

BigRedChief 02-13-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9400295)
we worked out a lot on the "at sea" days.

half of the trip was at ports though, and that was the best part.

Get your hotel room cleaned twice a day, the hotel is mobile and takes you to all these cool places.

BigRedChief 02-13-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9400714)
The other cruise lines are a little more family oriented than Carnival.

I've heard the exact opposite.

EagleRob 02-13-2013 09:30 PM

First cruise was Disney Dream October 2011. About twice as expensive as the same amount of time staying at the Contemporary Resort at WDW for the same amount of time but I found I couldn't relax after doing the lifeboat math. 16 lifeboats holding 150 people each (2400) for a vessel carrying 4000+. This probably goes without saying that its a risk you take but that thought in the back of my mind the whole time was unsettling. Even though I'm a private pilot and an aerospace engineer I still get antsy on commercial airliners - maybe I know too much about the industry.

notorious 02-13-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9401522)
First cruise was Disney Dream October 2011. About twice as expensive as the same amount of time staying at the Contemporary Resort at WDW for the same amount of time but I found I couldn't relax after doing the lifeboat math. 16 lifeboats holding 150 people each (2400) for a vessel carrying 4000+. This probably goes without saying that its a risk you take but that thought in the back of my mind the whole time was unsettling. Even though I'm a private pilot and an aerospace engineer I still get antsy on commercial airliners - maybe I know too much about the industry.

I have around 5k hours flying all over the country and I hate sitting in airliners. Takeoffs are the worst since I know that is the most dangerous part of the flight.

BigRedChief 02-13-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9401522)
I found I couldn't relax after doing the lifeboat math. 16 lifeboats holding 150 people each (2400) for a vessel carrying 4000+.

I'd have no issues pushing the old ladies and kids out of the way to get to safety. I saw how George did it, I got the template.

pkane 02-13-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9399649)
I would be looking for a Personal Injury lawyer right now and I'm not joking.

I had someone bump me in bumper to bumper traffic a few years ago. Maybe doing 1 mph or less.

I had an eye witness that saw this guy do it on purpose. I think the traffic was getting to him.

I went the neck doctor and claimed soft tissue damage which they can't prove or disprove.

The insurance company settled for 120K, 1/3 went to the lawyer.

Make sure you get a lawyer that will do it on a contingency basis, no money out of pocket.

You already have a cause of action.

Seriously? What a piece of shit.

Monty 02-14-2013 09:32 AM

Carnival is now giving another $500 per guest. We'll know why in a few hours.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-14-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9396922)
His wife said "honey let's go on a cruise"
We'll eat buffet shrimp and over-priced booze.
We'll nap in the sun and I'll spit shine your pecker
now the cruise ship is broken in need of a wrecker

The bathrooms not working too well any more
and we sit in our economy cabin, the temp 104
The food is all gone the water dried up
now our stunning vacation turned into 2 girls and 1 cup.

The nude deck disgusting, legs getting hairy
duck dynasty bearded bikini lines scary
Our cell phones are dead, no outgoing calls
At least there is bean dip that runs down the walls?

Always the optimist, the good I will find
to see positive news, even when in a bind.
Should a jelly fish sting ruin our bliss
At least there's no shortage, of medicinal piss.

We could be on a beach in Hawaii
where we tent camp and rough it
but now our cruise ship has turned into
4000 people, 1 bucket.

5 days of romance without showers,
now your cooter is rotten.
This trip....your idea
that won't be forgotten.

ROFL You brilliant bastard.

Monty, I hope things turn out as well as possible.

Rain Man 02-14-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Semen (Post 9402212)
Carnival is now giving another $500 per guest. We'll know why in a few hours.

Maybe there are a lot fewer survivors than they were budgeting for.