ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****Official 2011 ChiefsPlanet Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242250)

Mr. Flopnuts 03-05-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 7468468)
Titans have a few major needs defensive tackle being one of them and Fairley is still on the board. I was hoping Doomy would pick Newton so I wouldn't have to make this decision because the Titans badly need a QB. Newton has a lot of tools and even though I think the guy is an asshole......

With the 8th pick in the Chiefsplanet Mock Draft Titans Select QB Cam Newton

Not that it matters, but I sure figured we'd be on the same page for this pick. I don't think Cam is going to be a franchise QB. I would've taken your boy Prince had it been me picking here. Great need for TN, and awesome value. Time will tell though.

KurtCobain 03-05-2011 02:58 PM

I don't see why not Ponder at eight. It's not that bad of a reach and like you said, he won't be there next time you're up. So you take him. Newton isn't a guy you want leading your team. Ponder is.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-05-2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 7468709)
I don't see why not Ponder at eight. It's not that bad of a reach and like you said, he won't be there next time you're up. So you take him. Newton isn't a guy you want leading your team. Ponder is.

Because I would've drafted Jake Locker in the 2nd and listened to everyone laugh at me. :D

DeezNutz 03-05-2011 03:04 PM

Titans take the QB who draws a lot of comparisons to the one they just dumped, after he dumped on them. Irony.

Not saying it's the wrong pick, but this is probably the one team who is scared as hell of having to make that selection.

RealSNR 03-05-2011 03:14 PM

Vikings need a QB. Does it have to be between those two? Ugh.

Titty Meat 03-05-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 7468652)
Not that it matters, but I sure figured we'd be on the same page for this pick. I don't think Cam is going to be a franchise QB. I would've taken your boy Prince had it been me picking here. Great need for TN, and awesome value. Time will tell though.

I thought about Prince too he was option #3. However I don't think he'd help the team win right away and like I said I felt if I didn't draft a QB now I likely wouldn't get one by the time I picked in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Titty Meat 03-05-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7468737)
Titans take the QB who draws a lot of comparisons to the one they just dumped, after he dumped on them. Irony.

Not saying it's the wrong pick, but this is probably the one team who is scared as hell of having to make that selection.

If I recall Young was somewhat lazy and suicidal. Newton is more Jim Jones than the village followers so I think he'll be ok in that aspect. The only thing that could lead to his downfall is his cockiness. I think he's a better passer than Young was and you can't go into the season with Rusty Smith as your QB. Yea it was a ballsy pick Chiefsplanet should love me for picking a QB :)

OnTheWarpath15 03-05-2011 03:47 PM

CC PM'd me his pick this morning, and I just walked back in the door.

The Cowboys select:

Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska

Marco Polo has been PM'd.

KurtCobain 03-05-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 7468902)
CC PM'd me his pick this morning, and I just walked back in the door.

The Cowboys select:

Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska

Marco Polo has been PM'd.

Typical.

DeezNutz 03-05-2011 03:53 PM

I think the next pick is clear for Washington, and the Rat would probably JIHP if the draft fell this way.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-05-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 7468821)
I thought about Prince too he was option #3. However I don't think he'd help the team win right away and like I said I felt if I didn't draft a QB now I likely wouldn't get one by the time I picked in the 2nd or 3rd round.

If you're sold on Cam being a franchise QB, this was a money pick.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-05-2011 10:53 PM

Sorry, I haven't been able to check in over the last 30 hours. Nonetheless, I'm back and good to go.

Marco Polo 03-06-2011 09:05 AM

Brian Orakpo was the only Washington player to record more than 2.5 sacks in 2010. The Redskins select North Carolina DE/OLB Robert Quinn.

doomy3 03-06-2011 11:42 AM

This has to be the slowest start to the CP mock draft since its inception, right?

OnTheWarpath15 03-06-2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 7469991)
This has to be the slowest start to the CP mock draft since its inception, right?

I think we should blame the assclowns running it.

:p