ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs SCHEFTER- Crennel to Chiefs Imminent (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=221244)

OnTheWarpath15 01-06-2010 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 6417345)
LMAO

Jesus.

I wish Hamas and OTWP would take a break again...

We hire two of the most qualified assistants on the market and all they can do is rant about how stupid Pioli is...

Haley isn't qualified enough, Pioli doesn't know squat, Weis weighs too much, Crennel never coached anything he just road Belichick's coattails...

on and on and on and on

We get it...you guys hate Pioli...we know, we get it...

Go soil some other NFL board...or go be Falcons fans...you seem to sure like that GM an awful lot.

Can you ****ing read, douchebag?

I'm all for the hire of Weis.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...is#post6415945

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6415945)
FTR, if in fact this happens, and it all but seems like a formality at this point, I think Weis is a good get. This time around, I think they actually got the best guy for the job.

Crennel, OTOH?

Not so much.

The attention whore swings and misses, again.

Chiefaholic 01-06-2010 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6416698)
Well, I never would have switched to the 3-4, because Glenn Dorsey is a much better player than Tyson Jackson will ever be.

But, if he abso-****ing-lutely had to stay with the 3-4, I'd want us to move away from this two-gap bend-but-don't-break bullshit, and get a guy that runs an attacking scheme, so that we can at least force mistakes and turnovers to mask the lack of talent.

I'd like to see us take a look at Reggie Herring. He has experience in a 3-4 and 4-3 defense. Also Mike Pettine of the Jets or our own Greg Manusky.

One of my favorite ex-Chiefs that never quite made it to a quality starting role. But, he was one hell of a special teamer who wasn't afraid to deliver the big hit and fight for the ball on bottom of the pile.

DaFace 01-06-2010 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 6417170)
Big Red Chief thinks it's going to happen, so I'm going to assume that it's going to happen.

Oh, I have no doubt that there's been some communication there. What I doubt is that it's a done deal.

luv 01-06-2010 11:12 PM

I haven't read through the thread. What happened to the Jets?

Pushead2 01-06-2010 11:16 PM

I'm glad we're at least trying....love it or hate these two tubs can coach...on their sides of the ball..not as a HC

Hammock Parties 01-06-2010 11:18 PM

Schefter once said Pioli would never be a Chief.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 6417365)
Last I checked, less than half the league ran the 3-4. Your shot at landing the type of player you're looking for is about the same as it is in the 4-3.

:facepalm:

Brock 01-06-2010 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6417677)
Schefter once said Pioli would never be a Chief.

But he also said Shanahan would never coach the Chiefs.

xbarretx 01-06-2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 6416482)
Either way does it matter?

If Crennel is a hire, at least we have someone that actually coaches the 34.

Pendergast never did. He's a 43 guy.

words of wisdom :clap:

end of thread.

KC kid 01-06-2010 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 6417722)

one person vs the field is always a good bet

Hammock Parties 01-06-2010 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 6417722)

That's because he has a direct line to Shanahan.

I wouldn't trust him on any Patriots-related garbage.

Brock 01-06-2010 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC kid (Post 6417737)
one person vs the field is always a good bet

I guess WIPE bet wrong on that one.

TigerPig 01-06-2010 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefaholic (Post 6417580)
One of my favorite ex-Chiefs that never quite made it to a quality starting role. But, he was one hell of a special teamer who wasn't afraid to deliver the big hit and fight for the ball on bottom of the pile.

This was my opinion of Maslowski. Guy was a monster on special teams, but he should have never been more than that.

What I never get is how a team will hire a guy great for special teams, when he does really good move him up to the d, and then when he doesn't do as well they just flat out release him. Uh, why don't you just try and put him back where he was kicking ass?

xbarretx 01-06-2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 6417641)
Oh, I have no doubt that there's been some communication there. What I doubt is that it's a done deal.

Hey I'll tell you what you can get a good look at a butchers a$$ by sticking you head up there, but wouldn't you rather take his word for it.

No I mean you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a butchers a$$ but then no it's gotta be your bull.

ILChief 01-06-2010 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 6417058)
This sounds more like Adam is speculating than him actually having inside info.

I don't know why we care what Adam thinks. This guy has the real info:
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/76/768038.jpg