ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Article: Chiefs Most Likely Landing Spot for Foles (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269947)

BossChief 02-12-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9396858)
Oh, I'm not anti-Foles.

I just don't see the logic in spending draft picks on the guy unless you're bringing him in to be THE starter.

And at that point, I have to be asking myself "WHY"?

I just can't think of a good reason to bring Foles here when we're sitting on the #1 overall pick.

Draft a backup in the 3rd this year.

That's a little silly. Don't ya think?

Foles was drafted by Andy Reid already and has a year of experience in his system and a half a year of playing experience, too.

I'd have no problem sending them a 4th and a late rounder for him if he is even available and Reid thinks its worth it.

In this league, you NEED 2 qbs.

htismaqe 02-12-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9397042)
That's a little silly. Don't ya think?

Foles was drafted by Andy Reid already and has a year of experience in his system and a half a year of playing experience, too.

I'd have no problem sending them a 4th and a late rounder for him if he is even available and Reid thinks its worth it.

In this league, you NEED 2 qbs.

Again, you're saying 4th or later.

Everything I'm seeing is SECOND or THIRD.

htismaqe 02-12-2013 04:10 PM

Look, if they want to trade a 6th for Foles, I'm all for it. But we all know that's not a realistic scenario.

This isn't Madden.

RealSNR 02-12-2013 04:11 PM

Redskins used a 4th on their backup.

We would use our high 2nd or 3rd? For a guy that WAS a 4th rounder?

Idiocy.

htismaqe 02-12-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9397063)

We would use a 2nd or a 3rd? For a guy that WAS a 4th rounder?

Idiocy.

Yet we can't draft Geno at #1 because it's not good "value".

BossChief 02-12-2013 04:14 PM

If Reid wants Foles as competition/backup ...I'd have no problem sending our top pick in the third for him.

We need to get this QB situation FIXED...as I said, if it takes our first overall AND our third rounder to fix our quarterback position, so be it.

IMO, we should just sign a solid vet and draft Geno...go to camp with Stanzi, Geno and a vet...but I wouldn't be pissed if all three of our quarterbacks were young and talented.

Andy Reid has shown the ability to take kids with talent and get them to play well or trade themfor premium picks AND players.

BossChief 02-12-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9397063)

We would use our high 2nd or 3rd? For a guy that WAS a 4th rounder?

Idiocy.

Foles was taken in the mid third.

Psyko Tek 02-12-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9395954)
Cassel straight up?

screw THAT
cassel
winston
tj
and maybe dorsey

htismaqe 02-12-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9397072)
If Reid wants Foles as competition/backup ...I'd have no problem sending our top pick in the third for him.

We need to get this QB situation FIXED...as I said, if it takes our first overall AND our third rounder to fix our quarterback position, so be it.

IMO, we should just sign a solid vet and draft Geno...go to camp with Stanzi, Geno and a vet...but I wouldn't be pissed if all three of our quarterbacks were young and talented.

Andy Reid has shown the ability to take kids with talent and get them to play well or trade themfor premium picks AND players.

The thing is, none of those scenarios you mentioned REQUIRE us to give up picks for Foles.

A guy like Foles is going to cost more than he's worth - see Matt Flynn.

ChiefsCountry 02-12-2013 04:20 PM

3rd round picks don't win Super Bowls. Draft one in the first.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief 02-12-2013 04:22 PM

Re-sign Bowe, Colquit, Dorsey and Albert. Try bringing Tyson Jackson back on a 1 year deal.

Sign Wilson, Canty, a vet QB and Barnett in free agency

Draft Geno in the first, a starting corner in the second and a good defensive linemen in the third.

Rain Man 02-12-2013 04:25 PM

You would think that a guy named Foles would be a good fit for the Colts.

BossChief 02-12-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9397100)
The thing is, none of those scenarios you mentioned REQUIRE us to give up picks for Foles.

A guy like Foles is going to cost more than he's worth - see Matt Flynn.

Foles has talent...there was a time when he was in the conversation for being a top ten pick and fell to the mid 3rd.

Flynn was a 7th rounder.

Question: we have all this trust in Andy Reid, right?

Well,Andy Reid thought it was good enough value in the third to take Foles, even though he had just given Vick a 100 million dollar contract.

I'm not saying they SHOULD trade for him, just that I wouldn't be pissed if they did.

htismaqe 02-12-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9397127)
Foles has talent...there was a time when he was in the conversation for being a top ten pick and fell to the mid 3rd.

Flynn was a 7th rounder.

Question: we have all this trust in Andy Reid, right?

Well,Andy Reid thought it was good enough value in the third to take Foles, even though he had just given Vick a 100 million dollar contract.

I'm not saying they SHOULD trade for him, just that I wouldn't be pissed if they did.

Taking Foles in the 3rd after signing Vick is the exact OPPOSITE of the situation we have here, though...

I'm not suggesting I'll be pissed if they bring in Foles (unless they give up a high pick for him, which is just a ****ing waste) but it's certainly going to shake my confidence in Reid a bit. It just reeks of one of those moves coaches make to be comfortable and safe.

In the end, I just don't see any reason to bring him in. There are a myriad of better options out there.

Literally.

No reason.

BossChief 02-12-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9397144)
Taking Foles in the 3rd after signing Vick is the exact OPPOSITE of the situation we have here, though...

I'm not suggesting I'll be pissed if they bring in Foles (unless they give up a high pick for him, which is just a ****ing waste) but it's certainly going to shake my confidence in Reid a bit. It just reeks of one of those moves coaches make to be comfortable and safe.

In the end, I just don't see any reason to bring him in. There are a myriad of better options out there.

Literally.

No reason.

Reasons it would make sense to trade a mid round pick for Foles:

1) Andy Reid liked him enough to draft him in the third round, even though he had just committed to Vick with a 100 million dollars.

2) he just turned 24 and has the tools.

3) experience in the exact system we run and the skill set to run it.

Lets not act like Foles looked like trash....he played well for a rookie.