PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs game to be broadcast locally on KCTV 5

cmh6476
10-20-2005, 10:16 AM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/10/20/chiefsdolphins_game_moved_to_friday/

This is probably somehwere in one of the threads, but didnt see it as it's own topic ;)

mac58
10-20-2005, 10:18 AM
lets keep this thread to update where else it will be televised i just got off the phone with direct T V they didnt even know about the move yet

Dartgod
10-20-2005, 10:22 AM
I wonder if we'll get the Hi-Def feed now?

dsgreene285
10-20-2005, 10:29 AM
lets keep this thread to update where else it will be televised i just got off the phone with direct T V they didnt even know about the move yet

I just spoke with DirecTV, also. They're telling me that this should not affect coverage. According the the supervisor that I spoke with, when games have been rescheduled in the past, they have simply picked up the local affiliates feed if it's not picked up nationally.

Who does the local broadcasting for preseason games?

Nzoner

At least you'll get a feed,I don't get local programming in the gameroom.

KC Dan
Waaaaaahhhhhh! Crap, I just want to see the game. Looks like a sports bar for me & they may not even get the game. :cuss::banghead:

The Bad Guy
10-20-2005, 10:31 AM
I just spoke with DirecTV, also. They're telling me that this should not affect coverage. According the the supervisor that I spoke with, when games have been rescheduled in the past, they have simply picked up the local affiliates feed if it's not picked up nationally.

Who does the local broadcasting for preseason games?

He's FOS.

The Titans/Fins game last year was tape delayed.

Deberg_1990
10-20-2005, 10:32 AM
This better be LIVE on Direct TV or im gonna go POSTAL!!!

dsgreene285
10-20-2005, 10:33 AM
He's FOS.

The Titans/Fins game last year was tape delayed.

Thanks. I'm calling back!

TRR
10-20-2005, 10:34 AM
I think this game will be televised nationally. I think ESPN or FOX or someone will pick it up, and bump whatever else is on in that time slot.

mac58
10-20-2005, 10:34 AM
i second that going Postal comment. Imight take a quick flight out to Miami

Donger
10-20-2005, 10:36 AM
Is it wrong that I'm getting some perverse pleasure watching everyone in the KC area worry about not seeing the game live on TV?

Dunit35
10-20-2005, 10:37 AM
It best be on in Hays.

mac58
very wrong because were not gonna get it on direct Tv live either.

jiveturkey
I wonder if we'll get the Hi-Def feed now?It will be dumb if we don't. The game time should effect what cameras are taken to the stadium.

If it was supposed to be Hi-def then it should stay Hi-def.

SLAG
10-20-2005, 10:38 AM
I think this game will be televised nationally. I think ESPN or FOX or someone will pick it up, and bump whatever else is on in that time slot.

Its a CBS game

so for it to be national it would have to be CBS

Crush
10-20-2005, 10:39 AM
All I care about is whether or not it will be broadcast live in Springfield.

Iowanian
10-20-2005, 10:39 AM
I sent an email to KGAN(CBS eastern Iowa) to request they show the game. It might help if others in the area do the same.

DTLB58
10-20-2005, 10:41 AM
On the bottm line on the NFL Network it is saying that CBS will air the game (it doesn't say nationally or not) and also states the blackout has been lifted.

DTLB58
10-20-2005, 10:42 AM
I sent an email to KGAN(CBS eastern Iowa) to request they show the game. It might help if others in the area do the same.

I'm on it

Dunit35
AAHHHHHHHHHH.KWCH12 out of wichita says there showing some dumb movie at 6 tomorrow.NNNNNOOOOOOOO

TRR
Its a CBS game

so for it to be national it would have to be CBS

Then I believe CBS will televise it nationally. People will love a Friday Night football game.

CupidStunt
10-20-2005, 10:43 AM
Is it wrong that I'm getting some perverse pleasure watching everyone in the KC area worry about not seeing the game live on TV?

Replace wrong with dumb.

Iowanian
Is Dubuque also a CBS? If so....I'll drop them a line too. I'm thinking I'll make a phone call later also. Football fans can surely make enough noise to get the grease over the old ladies who'll miss "murder she wrote" or whatever else is on friday night.

Nzoner
Just got off the phone with DirecTv and they don't have a focking clue asked me to call back tomorrow.

Dartgod
We are getting it live. It's the non-local people who are worrying. I'm just wondering whether I'll get to see it in Hi-Def or not.

mac58
10-20-2005, 10:44 AM
direct tv still doesnt know if they will show friday or not

Iowanian
10-20-2005, 10:44 AM
Maybe, as a planet group "We" can help each other get the game, by bombarding local affiliates for our members?

recxjake
10-20-2005, 10:46 AM
anyone know if nfl sunday ticket will air it????

Also what is the kgan email, im in iowa city, i will write them

Donger
We are getting it live. It's the non-local people who are worrying. I'm just wondering whether I'll get to see it in Hi-Def or not.

I know. But for a second there, even the local KC folk seemed worried. For those of us not in KC (and without Sunday Ticket), it's what we go through every f*cking game.

Nzoner

So the party is at your place?

Iowanian
10-20-2005, 10:47 AM
kgan@kgan.com

thats the one I used...not sure if its programming.

philfree
10-20-2005, 10:47 AM
Not gonna have it on CBS in Springfield because of the fuggin contractional agreement with College Football :cuss: :cuss: I bet DTV let's me down too :banghead: :cuss: :mad: I don't know if that means sports bars can get it round here or not............How far south does the kctv 5 broadcast go? :hmmm:

PhilFree:arrow:

Dartgod
10-20-2005, 10:48 AM
I know. But for a second there, even the local KC folk seemed worried. For those of us not in KC (and without Sunday Ticket), it's what we go through every f*cking game.
i'll admit, I was momentarily concerned.

shakesthecat
10-20-2005, 10:50 AM

I did the same with KCCI here in Dez Moinez.

Here's the "Contact Us" link on their website if anyone wants to help out.

http://www.kcci.com/station/index.html

Dartgod
10-20-2005, 10:50 AM
So the party is at your place?
Man, I'd love to host a party if I wasn't also getting ready to leave for Vegas very early Saturday morning.

Crush
10-20-2005, 10:52 AM
Not gonna have it on CBS in Springfield because of the fuggin contractional agreement with College Football

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

DaFace
10-20-2005, 10:54 AM
Here's the contact page for those of us who get CBS out of Topeka:

http://www.wibw.com/station/contact

I've emailed the "sports" adress. They don't seem to have one for programming, specifically.

MOhillbilly
10-20-2005, 10:54 AM
Not gonna have it on CBS in Springfield because of the fuggin contractional agreement with College Football :cuss: :cuss: I bet DTV let's me down too :banghead: :cuss: :mad: I don't know if that means sports bars can get it round here or not............How far south does the kctv 5 broadcast go? :hmmm:

its a fri night game why would that be a conflict of intrest for cbs?

PastorMikH
10-20-2005, 10:55 AM
CRAP!!! I just read the link and am editing my post.

THIS SUX!!!! I have to be in OK City the next 2 days and will miss the game AGAIN!!!

I HAVEN'T SEEN A STINKING GAME IN A MONTH THANKS TO THE STUPID FOX STATION HERE AND NOW I'M STUCK WITH NOT GETTING TO SEE THIS ONE BECAUSE OF THE SCHEDULING CHANGE!!!!

:banghead: :cuss: :banghead: :cuss: :banghead: :cuss: :banghead: :cuss: :banghead: :cuss: :banghead: :cuss:

Archie Bunker
10-20-2005, 10:55 AM

:cuss: I am pissed. Any word on the Joplin CBS station from any Joplin area Planeteers?

The Bad Guy
10-20-2005, 10:59 AM
The game isn't going to be on DTV live tomorrow night. It will be tape-delayed. I got this from another message board.

Sunday ticket is a crock of shit. What's the excuse why they can't just pickup the local feed and transmit it to their subscribers who threw down the 200 bones?

Andoverer
10-20-2005, 11:04 AM
If you're in the Wichita area it's time to flood the CBS local affiliate with phone calls and tell them you want to watch the Chiefs game tomorrow night. I just called and "They aren't sure yet" if it will be carried or not.
KWCH's phone number is 838-1212

KChiefs1
10-20-2005, 11:06 AM
people who have NFL Sunday Ticket should be emailing Directv asking why the game won't be shown since it's apart of the Sunday Ticket package.

Dartgod
10-20-2005, 11:09 AM
If you're in the Wichita area it's time to flood the CBS local affiliate with phone calls and tell them you want to watch the Chiefs game tomorrow night. I just called and "They aren't sure yet" if it will be carried or not.
KWCH's phone number is 838-1212
I fired off an email to their programming department.

lgoering@kwch.com

|Zach|
10-20-2005, 11:12 AM
I emailed KOLR in Springfield.

chiefqueen
10-20-2005, 11:12 AM

I've emailed the "sports" adress. They don't seem to have one for programming, specifically.

Topeka can get Channel 5 with a good antenna. I know I lived the 5 years pre-cable.

Dartgod
10-20-2005, 11:13 AM

I sent an email requesting this.

Archie F. Swin
10-20-2005, 11:14 AM
The game starts at 6 central...most affiliates will be doing local news then

Dartgod
10-20-2005, 11:16 AM
I did the same with KCCI here in Dez Moinez.

Here's the "Contact Us" link on their website if anyone wants to help out.

http://www.kcci.com/station/index.html
Done...

KChiefsQT
I fired off an email to their programming department.

lgoering@kwch.com

they aren't showing it. I just ripped directtv a new one. ****ing morons.

Iowanian
I think ESPN is the best hope for the Fan, outside KC.

MadMax
10-20-2005, 11:17 AM
I emailed KOLR in Springfield.

What's the address??? Damn I really don't wanna miss the game. :mad: :deevee:

Gaz
10-20-2005, 11:18 AM

That is the toll-free number for KWCH [Wichita].

Some of you out-of-towners do us a favor and call in. Tell them “Gaz wants to see the Chiefs on Friday.”

The call is free and it will only take a minute of your time. Come on...do us a favor.

xoxo~
Gaz
Harnessing the vast, under-utilized power of the Planet.

|Zach|
10-20-2005, 11:18 AM
What's the address??? Damn I really don't wanna miss the game. :mad: :deevee:
dwasson@kolr10.com

NewChief
10-20-2005, 11:20 AM
I think ESPN is the best hope for the Fan, outside KC.

Yeah. No way CBS is going to pre-empt such fabulous programming as "Ghost Whisperer" for NFL football. Shitheads.

chiefqueen
The game starts at 6 central...most affiliates will be doing local news then
You don't how much stress I'll have over the next 30 hours deciding if I'll watch the game or get caught up on what the criminal element did during the day by watching the news. I'm sure this decision will keep me awake all night tonight.

:hmmm:

Archie F. Swin
hows about listening on the radio or online stream?

KChiefsQT
10-20-2005, 11:21 AM
wheres skip when we need em?

Dartgod
10-20-2005, 11:22 AM

Some of you out-of-towners do us a favor and call in. Tell them “Gaz wants to see the Chiefs on Friday.”

The call is free and it will only take a minute of your time. Come on...do us a favor.

xoxo~
Gaz

Or you can send an email to their programming dept, like I did.

lgoering@kwch.com

phinz_fan
10-20-2005, 11:25 AM
Tonight when all you Chiefs fans lay your heads on your pillows be sure to say a little prayer to thank God for hurricane Wilma saving your favorite team from getting another big fat "L" on their schedule this weekend...

Amen.

RINGLEADER
10-20-2005, 11:27 AM
Tonight when all you Chiefs fans lay your heads on your pillows be sure to say a little prayer to thank God for hurricane Wilma saving your favorite team from getting another big fat "L" on their schedule this weekend...

Amen.

WTF?

RINGLEADER
10-20-2005, 11:28 AM
My only hope is that KTLA shows it out here in Los Angeles...they showed the preseason game, maybe they'll show this...of course maybe they will pre-empt the evening news, that would be nice...

KChiefsQT
10-20-2005, 11:28 AM

Amen.

what are you trying to say? Your puss team is forfeiting or what?

phinz_fan
10-20-2005, 11:31 AM
what are you trying to say? Your puss team is forfeiting or what?

Wow.

???? Are you trapped in a cave underground or something?

There is a Cat 4 hurricane headed towards Florida - there will be no game this weekend.

Read the news sometime k?

KChiefsQT
10-20-2005, 11:32 AM
Wow.

???? Are you trapped in a cave uderground or something?

There is a Cat 4 hurricane headed towards Florida - there will be no game this weekend.

you're a fuggin idiot. trapped in a cage.. fuggin fin fan. The game has been MOVED to tomorrow you dipshit.

KChiefsQT
10-20-2005, 11:33 AM
Wow.

???? Are you trapped in a cave underground or something?

I have another idea... about an hour before landfall jump in a canoe and try riding some waves. idiot.

Lzen
10-20-2005, 11:34 AM

I called the number and left a message. Haven't heard anything back as of yet, though.

Dunit35
10-20-2005, 11:36 AM
Just called KWCH Wichita and they said they are not showing cause NFL wont let them or something. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :banghead: :banghead:

phinz_fan
10-20-2005, 11:37 AM
I have another idea... about an hour before landfall jump in a canoe and try riding some waves. idiot.

Are you about to cry? idiot.

You sound like you are so upset you are about to cry. idiot.

I am pleased the game is still on - that just means the Chiefs get to lose yet ANOTHER game in Florida. idiot.

Lzen
10-20-2005, 11:39 AM
Topeka can get Channel 5 with a good antenna. I know I lived the 5 years pre-cable.

Screw that. I lived with rabbit ears for a few years and I was so glad to get cable (and now Dish Network). I better be able to watch it on the local CBS or I'm gonna be pissed.

Andoverer
10-20-2005, 11:39 AM

I am please the game is still on - that just means the Chiefs get to lose yet ANOTHER game in Florida. idiot.

It's obvious who the idiot is. idiot.

phinz_fan
10-20-2005, 11:41 AM
It's obvious who the idiot is. idiot.

Yes.

It certainly is.

Nice vocabulary by the way.

KChiefsQT
10-20-2005, 11:41 AM

I am please the game is still on - that just means the Chiefs get to lose yet ANOTHER game in Florida. idiot.

Maybe if you'd open your eyes and read THE thread... or the LOUNGE page you would have known all along that the game has been moved to tomorrow and we wouldn't have to deal with your stupidity... I mean come on.... what did you think was gonna happen... they just call the game off completely?? Now, that would definiitely make you one of the biggest, uneducated moron I have ever met. AND no.... I don't cry or even get in a huff when stupid people talk shit. I can go head to head my brother. Anyways, have fun riding those waves.

Lzen
10-20-2005, 11:42 AM
Yeah. No way CBS is going to pre-empt such fabulous programming as "Ghost Whisperer" for NFL football. Shitheads.

No kidding. :shake:

phinz_fan
10-20-2005, 11:45 AM
Maybe if you'd open your eyes and read THE thread... or the LOUNGE page you would have known all along that the game has been moved to tomorrow and we wouldn't have to deal with your stupidity... I mean come on.... what did you think was gonna happen... they just call the game off completely?? Now, that would definiitely make you one of the biggest, uneducated moron I have ever met. AND no.... I don't cry or even get in a huff when stupid people talk shit. I can go head to head my brother. Anyways, have fun riding those waves.

lol...

You are cracking me UP!

I didn't get the news when I came in because I'm not here to read what you losers are talking about. Only homo's like you would get there news from this weak forum.

I'm here to get you pissed off and tell you how Miami is going to shut down your overrated offense.

Enjoy!

KChiefsQT
10-20-2005, 11:46 AM
lol...

You are cracking me UP!

go kick some rocks.

phinz_fan
10-20-2005, 11:50 AM
go kick some rocks.

I'd rather stay here and make you cry some more!

The Bad Guy
10-20-2005, 11:57 AM
lol...

You are cracking me UP!

I didn't get the news when I came in because I'm not here to read what you losers are talking about. Only homo's like you would get there news from this weak forum.

I'm here to get you pissed off and tell you how Miami is going to shut down your overrated offense.

Enjoy!

Just like you shut down the Bucs offense last week?

Your team is an NFL laughingstock. Run back to your shitty forum that bans people for no reason, jerkoff.

Lzen
10-20-2005, 12:01 PM
lol...

You are cracking me UP!

Enjoy!

Beep beep beep.........

What's that sound?
It's the sound of you backing up. Nice try. You made a fool of yourself and now you're trying to brush it aside.

ROFL

KChiefsQT
10-20-2005, 12:02 PM
lol...

You are cracking me UP!

Enjoy!

One... I am not a homo... I am a female and prefer men over other ladies.
Two... Bitches like u make ur fan base look like a bunch of fairies.
Three... If you think this is A WEAK FORUM I can show you the exit door.

You see we have this nice feature called "IGNORE" which allows us to "ignore" fudge packers like yourself. *POOF* you're gone.

cmh6476
10-20-2005, 12:11 PM

xoxo~
Gaz

I just called, and the dumb broad on the phone said they couldnt have it because CBS doesnt have it.

I said, CBS does have it, KC is broadcasting on CBS!

She said yeah, but it's something with the NFL and they will only let Kansas City and Topeka!

But give me some rep for calling anyways :)

Clint in Wichita
10-20-2005, 12:21 PM
I just called, and the dumb broad on the phone said they couldnt have it because CBS doesnt have it.

I said, CBS does have it, KC is broadcasting on CBS!

She said yeah, but it's something with the NFL and they will only let Kansas City and Topeka!

But give me some rep for calling anyways :)

I just received a return e-mail from KWCH:

We would like to but the NFL won't let us.

No B.S....that was the entire response.

I fuggin hate it.

Dartgod
10-20-2005, 12:33 PM
I just received a return e-mail from KWCH:

No B.S....that was the entire response.

I fuggin hate it.
Yep, I got the same response from them.

Every other station I emailed replied with this answer:

Per the NFL's policy, only stations in the Miami and Kansas City area will be allowed to show the game.

It seems to me that given the unusual cricumstances, the NFL would make and exception.

cmh6476
10-20-2005, 12:34 PM
maybe we need to start bombarding the nfl offices then...

KChiefsQT
10-20-2005, 12:36 PM
maybe we need to start bombarding the nfl offices then...

please do. I have called them once already will continue throughout the day. See anyother post in the Lounge with their 10-digit phone number.

CrazyHorse
10-20-2005, 12:47 PM
lol...

You are cracking me UP!

Enjoy!

So in essence, you are saying that you are here to pick on the weak?

Is that an insult to us......or you? Why show up here insulting yourself? Thanks for the heads up, numbnuts.

Miami fans....I love you retards.

Hoover
10-20-2005, 12:51 PM
Bad News in Des Moines...

Dear Craig:

CBS has just advised us that they are unable to offer KCCI the Kansas
City/Miami game on Friday night. Per the NFL's policy, only stations
in
the Miami and Kansas City area will be allowed to show the game.

Thanks for writing.

Sincerely,

Sue Knudson
KCCI Programming

mlyonsd
10-20-2005, 12:55 PM
Bad News in Des Moines...

Dear Craig:

CBS has just advised us that they are unable to offer KCCI the Kansas
City/Miami game on Friday night. Per the NFL's policy, only stations
in
the Miami and Kansas City area will be allowed to show the game.

Thanks for writing.

Sincerely,

Sue Knudson
KCCI Programming

Same thing in Sioux Falls. We're all screwed except for those shmucks that actually live in KC.

ROYC75
10-20-2005, 01:01 PM
No game for me, DTV said so. They gave me a $ 20.00 credit for 6 months because I was pissed off and threatened to drop them.

Local markets only........

journeyscarab
10-20-2005, 01:04 PM
One... I am not a homo... I am a female and prefer men over other ladies.
Two... Bitches like u make ur fan base look like a bunch of fairies.
Three... If you think this is A WEAK FORUM I can show you the exit door.

You see we have this nice feature called "IGNORE" which allows us to "ignore" fudge packers like yourself. *POOF* you're gone.

Props to kchiefsqt. Nicely done. ;)

Hoover
10-20-2005, 01:10 PM
AM 1040 WHO will have the game in Iowa, so at least I can listen to it.

Frosty
10-20-2005, 01:17 PM
No game for me, DTV said so. They gave me a $ 20.00 credit for 6 months because I was pissed off and threatened to drop them.

If you can receive a game on a local channel, DTV will blackout that game on the Ticket.

The local KC affiliate apparently will be showing the game, which means the Ticket game will be blacked out. So then, what is the point of showing the Sunday Ticket game only in KC?

ROYC75
10-20-2005, 01:20 PM
If you can receive a game on a local channel, DTV will blackout that game on the Ticket.

The local KC affiliate apparently will be showing the game, which means the Ticket game will be blacked out. So then, what is the point of showing the Sunday Ticket game only in KC?

Beats the f*ck out of me ,Batman. I live in Kentucky and I want to watch the damn game......... LIVE !

ArrowheadHawk
10-20-2005, 01:24 PM
this is retarded wouldn't they want people to fugin watch cbs

Lzen
10-20-2005, 01:34 PM
Chad,
Yes... 6 PM kick-off.

Mark Ewing

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 12:37 PM
To: ewing@wibw.com
Cc: feedback@wibw.com
Subject: Chiefs/Fish game

I was wondering if you guys knew anything yet on whether your station will be able to broadcast the Chiefs vs. Dolphins game that was moved to Friday at 6pm. I think it should definitely be shown over the regular programming.

DaFace
10-20-2005, 01:35 PM
FYI - Topeka IS going to be showing the game.

We'll be showing the Chiefs at 6 PM show.

Mark Ewing
WIBW-TV 13

Good luck to everyone outside of KC/Topeka!

DaFace
10-20-2005, 01:36 PM
Chad,
Yes... 6 PM kick-off.

Mark Ewing

You beat me to it!

the Talking Can
10-20-2005, 01:39 PM
I can't believe they wouldn't include Wichita in the deal.

Morons.

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
10-20-2005, 01:45 PM
i was just reading the story on espn about the game being moved and there was this qoute
"NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said broadcast and television details were being worked out."

Hopefully something will be worked out where they will show it nationally.

Lzen
10-20-2005, 01:47 PM
You beat me to it!

Yes, I'm happy. Too bad for Wichita, though. That's stupid.

runnercyclist
10-20-2005, 01:48 PM

DTv just told me it will be shown on Friday at 7 here in Pittsburgh????

KChiefsQT
10-20-2005, 01:50 PM
i was just reading the story on espn about the game being moved and there was this qoute
"NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said broadcast and television details were being worked out."

I would like to think that they will be able to. Crossing my fingers... gonna wait to hear word tonight.

KCJake
10-20-2005, 01:51 PM

Damn, I hope they work something out. I don't remember the last time I missed a game. 9 or 10 years probably.

morphius
10-20-2005, 02:11 PM
Sometimes its really hard to understand the NFL, I guess they have so many damn lawyers working for them that they can no longer function normally.

NewChief
10-20-2005, 02:14 PM
Here's what I got from my local CBS affiliate:

No. CBS is only making available to:

KC, Topeka, Miami, West Palm and Ft. Myers - NFL Primary and secondary
markets only.

Van Comer
President and General Manager
KFSM
318 North 13th Street
Fort Smith, AR., 72901
Phone (479) 783-3131
Fax (479) 783-3295

Iowanian
10-20-2005, 02:14 PM
my reply from KGAN was "the nfl contract..blah blah blah....fug you"

My reply to the programming director was short.
"
Boooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

Iowanian
10-20-2005, 02:15 PM
We can Only hope that ESPN pulls out a golden ticket.

philfree
10-20-2005, 02:24 PM
No. CBS is only making available to

KC, Topeka, Miami, West Palm and Ft. Myers - NFL Primary and secondary
markets only.:

So Springfield isn't a secondary affiliate? This is BS.......why can't they just make up an affidavit for this one game on this date and broadcast the GDmn game all over the country. This is stupid :cuss: I have been an NFL Fan since I was a boy and I support the NFL by buying officially licensed merchandise. Lot's of it! And now I can't watch my team because of what appears to be a general lack of effort by the NFL :cuss: They could get the game out there if they really wanted to.......