|04-09-2013, 11:30 AM|
Join Date: Dec 2004
Casino cash: $6264
BBQ Cookoff and Auction - Participants Needed
First off, if this is deemed spam, please delete - I hope being a long time member and knowing some of you personally even though I don't post much, is enough to not get in trouble - plus its for charity and a good cause.
PM me if interested - Ill give you more details, again, thanks and sorry if this was a bad idea...
My church is looking for BBQ cookoff participants and knowing there are various posters on here that do a really good job of that, i thought Id try to post this here"
When: April 20th, 2013 (3pm-7pm)
Where: Living Hope Church
175th & Ridgeview, Olathe, KS
Bridge of Hope
Team Xtreme is a group of 15 volunteers who will be going to the Dominican Republic. They will be building a facility named Senda Infantil that will provide vocational training, elementary education, meals, and medical care for 400 homeless children ages 3 to 17 in San Juan. Funds raised at this event will go to provide building materials for this facility.
BBQ Contest Rules
1. $25.00 Entry Fee
2. 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place Trophies
3. The meat you prepare will be be donated to Fundraiser for the Senda Infantil Project. (Donation receipt available upon request)
4. No alcohol or tobacco products on premises.
5. No digging at site
6. All teams are required to have a bucket of water with bleach or other effective sterilizing agent located in their team cooking area.
7. No electricity will be available. Small portable generators are allowed.
8. Water availability is limited and will require participants to carry water to designated area.
9. For a complete list of rules please pre register by emailing your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
10. A minimum of 10 lbs of meat is to be provided for
The Event if you choose to just go and eat:
• Sample some delicious barbecue - $2 per sandwich from the vendor of your choice (beginning at 4:15 pm).
• Free children’s activities include blow-ups, face painting, clowns and games.
• Benefit Auction includes antiques, sports memorabilia, tickets, creative theme baskets, and gifts certificates for goods and services. Auction begins at 5:00 pm.