Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 04:39 PM  
Coach Coach is offline
Play ball!
 
Coach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $5410
Bought a new car

2013 Dodge Charger R/T AWD 5.7L Hemi.





Posts: 36,074
Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:30 AM   #31
Buehler445 Buehler445 is offline
Supporter
 
Buehler445's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Scott City KS
Casino cash: $5335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
This is true and I have considered that route. The problem that I am having was, my old car was still worth a lot of value, (trade-in) and I also checked the increase of insurance and what not.

Basically, it's around the neighborhood of $300 a month, so it's not too terribly bad. I also made sure that I still have enough revenue after all the bills are paid off (including the car payment), and I'm still sitting pretty good.
Good on you buddy. It's a pretty sweet looking car.

I'm not trying to tell you how to handle your business, but I don't amortize the loans for more than 3 years on vehicles. I did it one time, and if I hadn't put so much down it would have been really easy to get upside down on it. And at that point it is kind of a vicious cycle, if you try to trade. Newer cars just lose too much value in 5 years.

JMO. Some guys set it up longer and pay extra principle. That's fine, I just don't ever get around to it, and the rates are much more favorable (right now) in the 3 year notes, that it wasn't worth it.

The other thing is that the interest rates are so low, that on my wifes car (no trade in) I didn't put much down and kept the money. It was going to cost us like $200 to keep our $6,000. My payments are pretty high, but if I've got the cash to use if I need it for the car or something else.
Posts: 21,372
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #32
mikeyis4dcats. mikeyis4dcats. is offline
Scarlett Johansson's boytoy
 
mikeyis4dcats.'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Casino cash: $5137
you just got a new car last year didn't you? or were you still driving the truck?
__________________
Originally Posted by KC_Connection
I am a pillowbiter.

Posts: 9,575
mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #33
Coach Coach is offline
Play ball!
 
Coach's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $5410
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
NICE.

curious, why the four door?
Well, I would have gone for a Challenger (2 door) but the sticking point that I'd like to have is the AWD, and unfortunately, the Challengers don't make AWD.
__________________

Posts: 36,074
Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #34
Coach Coach is offline
Play ball!
 
Coach's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $5410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Good on you buddy. It's a pretty sweet looking car.

I'm not trying to tell you how to handle your business, but I don't amortize the loans for more than 3 years on vehicles. I did it one time, and if I hadn't put so much down it would have been really easy to get upside down on it. And at that point it is kind of a vicious cycle, if you try to trade. Newer cars just lose too much value in 5 years.

JMO. Some guys set it up longer and pay extra principle. That's fine, I just don't ever get around to it, and the rates are much more favorable (right now) in the 3 year notes, that it wasn't worth it.

The other thing is that the interest rates are so low, that on my wifes car (no trade in) I didn't put much down and kept the money. It was going to cost us like $200 to keep our $6,000. My payments are pretty high, but if I've got the cash to use if I need it for the car or something else.
Yeah, and since it's $300 a month, I'm going to be paying off $400 anyways, to pay it off a little faster. Plus, if all things goes well without any issues until 2014 tax return, I plan on using that refund to pay a good chunk of the car payment as well.

Of course, we can't predict the future, but at least we can try to prepare for it as the best we can.
__________________

Posts: 36,074
Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:25 PM   #35
Coach Coach is offline
Play ball!
 
Coach's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $5410
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. View Post
you just got a new car last year didn't you? or were you still driving the truck?
It wasn't new, it was used.
__________________

Posts: 36,074
Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:37 PM   #36
mikeyis4dcats. mikeyis4dcats. is offline
Scarlett Johansson's boytoy
 
mikeyis4dcats.'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Casino cash: $5137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
It wasn't new, it was used.
yeah, I meant "new"...
__________________
Originally Posted by KC_Connection
I am a pillowbiter.

Posts: 9,575
mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:57 PM   #37
Coach Coach is offline
Play ball!
 
Coach's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $5410
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. View Post
yeah, I meant "new"...
Yeah, well it was new, but it wasn't what I really wanted, since a person made me "settle" less for what I really wanted, and since it's no longer my problem anymore, I'm not going to settle anymore.

So I'm going to do whatever I damn want, whenever I please, and not a damn thing will stop it. I work hard for the things that I want.
__________________

Posts: 36,074
Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #38
mikeyis4dcats. mikeyis4dcats. is offline
Scarlett Johansson's boytoy
 
mikeyis4dcats.'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Casino cash: $5137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
Yeah, well it was new, but it wasn't what I really wanted, since a person made me "settle" less for what I really wanted, and since it's no longer my problem anymore, I'm not going to settle anymore.

So I'm going to do whatever I damn want, whenever I please, and not a damn thing will stop it. I work hard for the things that I want.
I wondered how that was going, guess that answers that.

__________________
Originally Posted by KC_Connection
I am a pillowbiter.

Posts: 9,575
mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.