Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 09:16 AM  
Carlota69 Carlota69 is offline
MVP
 
Carlota69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Casino cash: $5145
Former LAPD officer on rampage in So Cal

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/07/us/lap...html?sr=fbmain




(CNN) -- A former Los Angeles police officer who police say has violently threatened his former colleagues shot at least two officers early Thursday, killing one, sparking a huge manhunt in Southern California, according to authorities.
Christopher Jordan Dorner, 33, is also wanted in a double slaying Sunday in Irvine, California.
The California Highway Patrol issued an alert Thursday morning urging officers in several Southern California counties to be on the lookout for Dorner after the overnight shootings.
Two officers in Riverside were shot, one fatally, police there confirmed to CNN. CNN affiliate KTLA reported another officer was shot in Corona, California.
Irvine police identified Dorner on Wednesday as the suspect in the February 3 deaths of Keith Lawrence and Monica Quan in Irvine.
Dorner also has made violent threats against other Los Angeles police officers, the agency said Wednesday.
"I will bring unconventional and asymmetrical warfare to those in LAPD uniform whether on or off duty," Dorner allegedly wrote in a lengthy letter promising retribution against the department, where he worked from 2005 until 2008. An LAPD source provided the document to CNN.
The letter writer claimed he was terminated for reporting excessive force by a fellow officer, and said his attacks were retribution for his termination, as well as a culture of racism and violence he says continues within the department.
He called the attacks against police "a necessary evil that I do not enjoy but must partake and complete for substantial change to occur within the LAPD and reclaim my name."
Los Angeles police warned people who encounter Dorner not to approach him, saying he is likely "armed and extremely dangerous."
"Our department is implementing all measures possible to ensure the safety of our LAPD personnel, their families and the Los Angeles community, and will continue to do so until Dorner is apprehended and all threats have been abated," police said in a statement.
CNN's Mallory Simon and Deanna Hackney contributed to this report.
Posts: 5,996
Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:25 AM   #1501
listopencil listopencil is online now
sic semper tyrannis
 
listopencil's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In Partibus Infidelium
Casino cash: $13732
Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefer View Post
Yeah, I'm not buying the propane tank idea either. Would be 1 in a million. One of the main factors in gases burning is getting the right gas to air ratio as well as getting that perfect ignition.
The only thing that would keep an expanding cloud of propane from igniting inside a cabin would be rapid dissipation without a heat source.
__________________
"As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind I'd still be in prison."


Posts: 29,145
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:25 AM   #1502
KChiefer KChiefer is offline
Fantastic Planeteer
 
KChiefer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Champaign, IL
Casino cash: $6821
Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
Yeah, that's where Mythbusters was trying to show that the stunt from Casino Royale wouldn't work in real life. That you aren't going to shoot the pistol that Bond used and pierce through a propane tank. A high powered rifle round will though. A full tank will blow out enough propane to flood a room when pierced. I have no idea where the tank was within the structure, or how full it was, or if the guy was even telling the truth when he said that there was one in there. But if the tank was in there, and it was reasonably full, it could have been pierced by weapons that were on scene. There are a number of ways that the resultant cloud of propane could have been ignited at that point. If you "turn your brain on and think about it" as you suggested, it's silly to just assume that the authorities torched Dorner based on one comment made by a passing cop.
Even if it was inside the house(which is abnormal yes?). If we're talking about a room of gas, there would have been an explosion in the room, likely blowing out windows which wouldn't necessary ignite solid materials. Not totally impossible, just so so unlikely. The idea of a tear gas canister starting it seems far more likely imo
Posts: 4,943
KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:35 AM   #1503
listopencil listopencil is online now
sic semper tyrannis
 
listopencil's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In Partibus Infidelium
Casino cash: $13732
Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefer View Post
Even if it was inside the house(which is abnormal yes?). If we're talking about a room of gas, there would have been an explosion in the room, likely blowing out windows which wouldn't necessary ignite solid materials. Not totally impossible, just so so unlikely. The idea of a tear gas canister starting it seems far more likely imo
I would imagine that a large tank would be outside the house, but pretty close to it. Say 5 to 25 yards away maybe. I have no idea how big this tank would be, but the ones we use in this area are freaking huge. Companies send trucks out to refill them so if you are in a remote area you want a pretty big tank. It would actually be more likely to be pierced if it was outside the structure and could have vented for some time. Still, the fire could have been started in a lot of different ways. I'm just pointing out that a container of flammable gas was reportedly associated with the structure.
__________________
"As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind I'd still be in prison."


Posts: 29,145
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:37 AM   #1504
DJ's left nut DJ's left nut is offline
Gonna take a break for awhile.
 
DJ's left nut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbia, Mo
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
Yeah, that's where Mythbusters was trying to show that the stunt from Casino Royale wouldn't work in real life. That you aren't going to shoot the pistol that Bond used and pierce through a propane tank. A high powered rifle round will though. A full tank will blow out enough propane to flood a room when pierced. I have no idea where the tank was within the structure, or how full it was, or if the guy was even telling the truth when he said that there was one in there. But if the tank was in there, and it was reasonably full, it could have been pierced by weapons that were on scene. There are a number of ways that the resultant cloud of propane could have been ignited at that point. If you "turn your brain on and think about it" as you suggested, it's silly to just assume that the authorities torched Dorner based on one comment made by a passing cop.
Did you watch the video? They fired a high-powered rifle round at it. And a tracer round. The tracer round is going to be more than hot enough to ignite the propane (I forgot they did that before I edited it) but like I said, the fuel/air mixture has to be incredibly precise to ignite. All the high-powered rounds did was puncture the tank and shoot gas into open air, which is going to be far too diluted to ignite at that point.

A bullet is not going to ignite a propane tank. The fuel/air mixture will be way off as soon as the tank is punctured and the vapor escapes into open air. It really would be a 1 in a million occurance.

And if you're giving odds that long, the odds of the LAPD setting the ****er ablaze after saying "Hey, lets burn this building down" are FAR greater than the odds of a bullet igniting the propane or even the a flash/bang grenade lighting the propane fumes.

What probably happened is that the tear gas cannister ignited an inert substance like a couch. What almost, 100% did NOT happen was the propane tank was ignited ignited by stray gunfire.
__________________
If you can't draw a crowd, draw dicks on the wall.

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: AJ Jenkins, WR #13
Posts: 19,563
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:39 AM   #1505
R8RFAN R8RFAN is offline
Molôn Labé
 
R8RFAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: North Carolina
Casino cash: $13239
Has this sonofabitch quit smoking yet?
Posts: 19,465
R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:40 AM   #1506
KILLER_CLOWN KILLER_CLOWN is offline
Be HEALED!!!!!!!
 
KILLER_CLOWN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Fascist State
Casino cash: $9132
Quote:
Originally Posted by R8ers View Post
Has this sonofabitch quit smoking yet?
No but he picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
__________________
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father ... And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

"If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson
Posts: 24,597
KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:41 AM   #1507
R8RFAN R8RFAN is offline
Molôn Labé
 
R8RFAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: North Carolina
Casino cash: $13239
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN View Post
No but he picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
Posts: 19,465
R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:52 AM   #1508
listopencil listopencil is online now
sic semper tyrannis
 
listopencil's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In Partibus Infidelium
Casino cash: $13732
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Did you watch the video? They fired a high-powered rifle round at it. And a tracer round. The tracer round is going to be more than hot enough to ignite the propane (I forgot they did that before I edited it) but like I said, the fuel/air mixture has to be incredibly precise to ignite. All the high-powered rounds did was puncture the tank and shoot gas into open air, which is going to be far too diluted to ignite at that point.

A bullet is not going to ignite a propane tank. The fuel/air mixture will be way off as soon as the tank is punctured and the vapor escapes into open air. It really would be a 1 in a million occurance.

And if you're giving odds that long, the odds of the LAPD setting the ****er ablaze after saying "Hey, lets burn this building down" are FAR greater than the odds of a bullet igniting the propane or even the a flash/bang grenade lighting the propane fumes.

What probably happened is that the tear gas cannister ignited an inert substance like a couch. What almost, 100% did NOT happen was the propane tank was ignited ignited by stray gunfire.

A stray bullet wouldn't have had to ignite the tank. All it would have had to do was pierce it. How long to you think it takes to vent a 500 gallon tank, for instance, through a bullet hole? How far will the gas be ejected before it safely dissipates, and what are the concentration levels at various distances from the hole? Where was the tank relative to the cabin? Or was it even above ground at all? I don't know. I do doubt, however, that Random Joe Cop was in charge of the entire operation and happened to be near an open mic when he decided to burn down the cabin two hours before it happened.
__________________
"As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind I'd still be in prison."


Posts: 29,145
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:00 AM   #1509
KChiefer KChiefer is offline
Fantastic Planeteer
 
KChiefer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Champaign, IL
Casino cash: $6821
Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
A stray bullet wouldn't have had to ignite the tank. All it would have had to do was pierce it. How long to you think it takes to vent a 500 gallon tank, for instance, through a bullet hole? How far will the gas be ejected before it safely dissipates, and what are the concentration levels at various distances from the hole? Where was the tank relative to the cabin? Or was it even above ground at all? I don't know. I do doubt, however, that Random Joe Cop was in charge of the entire operation and happened to be near an open mic when he decided to burn down the cabin two hours before it happened.
If they would've have ignited the perfect gas/air mix of a 500 gallon tank even with the choppers being far away, they likely would have seen in.

Yeah as far as the "burn it down" it's possible in the early moments that was someone's idea and if there was a gas can nearby they may have thrown it on the cabin, but I too doubt they ever intentionally went forward with that plan. Also as others said "burn it" could have been jargon for gassing the cabin.

Anyways, I'm seeing that news reports are saying they do have remains found again. Dunno if that's just an echo from before though.
Posts: 4,943
KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:00 AM   #1510
R8RFAN R8RFAN is offline
Molôn Labé
 
R8RFAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: North Carolina
Casino cash: $13239
That tear gas went into the window, he lit the ammo on fire and shot himself in the head.
Posts: 19,465
R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:05 AM   #1511
KChiefer KChiefer is offline
Fantastic Planeteer
 
KChiefer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Champaign, IL
Casino cash: $6821
Quote:
Originally Posted by R8ers View Post
That tear gas went into the window, he lit the ammo on fire and shot himself in the head.
Far more probable than a propane explosion or them going KKK on him.
Posts: 4,943
KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:07 AM   #1512
listopencil listopencil is online now
sic semper tyrannis
 
listopencil's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In Partibus Infidelium
Casino cash: $13732
Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefer View Post
If they would've have ignited the perfect gas/air mix of a 500 gallon tank even with the choppers being far away, they likely would have seen in.

Yeah as far as the "burn it down" it's possible in the early moments that was someone's idea and if there was a gas can nearby they may have thrown it on the cabin, but I too doubt they ever intentionally went forward with that plan. Also as others said "burn it" could have been jargon for gassing the cabin.

Anyways, I'm seeing that news reports are saying they do have remains found again. Dunno if that's just an echo from before though.
Sure. We really don't know what happened yet. We might never know exactly what happened even with all of the police giving accurate reports to the best of their ability. It would be quite the mind**** for the cops if it turns out not to actually be him, wouldn't it?
__________________
"As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind I'd still be in prison."


Posts: 29,145
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:13 AM   #1513
KChiefer KChiefer is offline
Fantastic Planeteer
 
KChiefer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Champaign, IL
Casino cash: $6821
Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
Sure. We really don't know what happened yet. We might never know exactly what happened even with all of the police giving accurate reports to the best of their ability. It would be quite the mind**** for the cops if it turns out not to actually be him, wouldn't it?
Yes, but assuming they did really have a shootout with someone, it's safe to say it's him. This guy may be elusive, but escaping that just seems unfathomable. There are also reports that they had contact with him via phone in the waning hours/moments.
Posts: 4,943
KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:16 AM   #1514
listopencil listopencil is online now
sic semper tyrannis
 
listopencil's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In Partibus Infidelium
Casino cash: $13732
Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefer View Post
Yes, but assuming they did really have a shootout with someone, it's safe to say it's him. This guy may be elusive, but escaping that just seems unfathomable. There are also reports that they had contact with him via phone in the waning hours/moments.
I'd love to read those transcripts. Could be some epic insane ranting going on.
__________________
"As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind I'd still be in prison."


Posts: 29,145
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:22 AM   #1515
KChiefer KChiefer is offline
Fantastic Planeteer
 
KChiefer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Champaign, IL
Casino cash: $6821
Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
I'd love to read those transcripts. Could be some epic insane ranting going on.
Whatever he said, it probably didn't feel as epic as he thought it would. Good.
Posts: 4,943
KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:53 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.