Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 12:52 PM  
htismaqe htismaqe is offline
What? What?
 
htismaqe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Chiefsplanet
Casino cash: $8834
Dads with young daughters...

My 9-year old is obsessed with Taylor Swift. It's my fault, I have encouraged her to play the guitar (yes, she's the one I started the thread about a while back).

Last year, I took my oldest daughter to a Chiefs game for her birthday. I spent around $250 for 3 tickets.

It was my time to make it right, so I spent an almost IDENTICAL amount per ticket as I spent on the game and bought 3 tickets to Taylor Swift in concert.

I am almost certain that I will have to go. ABSOLUTELY not my type of music.

But I can't wait to tell her!
Posts: 61,900
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #91
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $14120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
Yeah....it tends to be like that.

My daughter wanted to watch Adventure Time......and I won't let her.
Yea, Adventure Time was one i was trying to think of that we banned.
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 50,692
Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #92
Molitoth Molitoth is offline
Chiefs Rubberneck
 
Molitoth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Casino cash: $11887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
Yeah....it tends to be like that.

My daughter wanted to watch Adventure Time......and I won't let her.
My daughter just turned two. I doubt she understands anything that is going on in these shows, but enjoys the bright colors and goofy characters.

I hope I'm right anyway and not molding her into something I shouldn't be.
Posts: 12,066
Molitoth threw an interception on a screen pass.Molitoth threw an interception on a screen pass.Molitoth threw an interception on a screen pass.Molitoth threw an interception on a screen pass.Molitoth threw an interception on a screen pass.Molitoth threw an interception on a screen pass.Molitoth threw an interception on a screen pass.Molitoth threw an interception on a screen pass.Molitoth threw an interception on a screen pass.Molitoth threw an interception on a screen pass.Molitoth threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #93
Pestilence Pestilence is online now
Want a ride?
 
Pestilence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nor-Cal
Casino cash: $16561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth View Post
My daughter just turned two. I doubt she understands anything that is going on in these shows, but enjoys the bright colors and goofy characters.

I hope I'm right anyway and not molding her into something I shouldn't be.
My daughters are two as well. They pay more attention when an animal shows up in one of the episodes. If they start acting like the kids on the show.....it's going off.
Posts: 45,733
Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #94
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $14120
The one i truly enjoy with my son is Aquabats on the HUB. Great show....sort of a throwback to live action Sat morning shows from the 70s and 80s.
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 50,692
Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #95
Mr. Flopnuts Mr. Flopnuts is offline
Alex Christ is here to save us
 
Mr. Flopnuts's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Spread the good word!
Casino cash: $10073469
Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
My 9-year old is obsessed with Taylor Swift. It's my fault, I have encouraged her to play the guitar (yes, she's the one I started the thread about a while back).

Last year, I took my oldest daughter to a Chiefs game for her birthday. I spent around $250 for 3 tickets.

It was my time to make it right, so I spent an almost IDENTICAL amount per ticket as I spent on the game and bought 3 tickets to Taylor Swift in concert.

I am almost certain that I will have to go. ABSOLUTELY not my type of music.

But I can't wait to tell her!
I LOVE Taylor Swift. Don't think she's super hot, and don't really like her music. I love her because she actually writes her own music, and walked away from the first label that signed her because she didn't like the direction they wanted her to go with her music. They wanted her to sing other people's music and stop writing. She's incredible in my book.
Posts: 47,230
Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #96
Mr. Laz Mr. Laz is offline
Don't Tease Me
 
Mr. Laz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: KS
Casino cash: $1016268
you're wrapped around her little finger, get used to it.

much worst thing in life to be ...
Posts: 83,416
Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:24 PM   #97
htismaqe htismaqe is offline
What? What?
 
htismaqe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Chiefsplanet
Casino cash: $8834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts View Post
I LOVE Taylor Swift. Don't think she's super hot, and don't really like her music. I love her because she actually writes her own music, and walked away from the first label that signed her because she didn't like the direction they wanted her to go with her music. They wanted her to sing other people's music and stop writing. She's incredible in my book.
Now see, that's something I can respect despite that fact that her music doesn't appeal to me at all.
Posts: 61,900
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #98
htismaqe htismaqe is offline
What? What?
 
htismaqe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Chiefsplanet
Casino cash: $8834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz View Post
you're wrapped around her little finger, get used to it.

much worst thing in life to be ...
Yep.
Posts: 61,900
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #99
bevischief bevischief is offline
....
 
bevischief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Dakota
Casino cash: $8576
VARSITY
At least it's not the Back Street Boys...
__________________
Posts: 24,499
bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #100
Mosbonian Mosbonian is offline
On Hiatus
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
20 years from now, she'll laugh as she remembers how she drug you to a Taylor Swift concert against your will, and how she loves you that much more for it.

Props for being a kick ass dad.
This!

My daughter is 17 now...sometimes when we are just sitting and watching a TV program together or just sitting around talking, she loves to bring up what we did together when she was 8-10. And when I see the sparkle in her eyes talking about all the fun she had back then and how she loves me for how I went to all those "silly little girl things" it makes everything worth it. I once took my daughter to an American Girl store....stood with her as she pretty much looked at everything they sold for almost every doll they make.

Now....we talk about music (we share the same musical interests), baseball (Lord help her she is a Yank-me fan) and peruse Listverse together. And occasionally she will whisper...."Dad, you are such a dork"...and smile

Not to hijack this thread, but for those guys whose daughters are all grown and moved away....do you occasionally get out the old albums and look at the pictures just to smile at the memories?
Posts: 8,612
Mosbonian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mosbonian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mosbonian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mosbonian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mosbonian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mosbonian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mosbonian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mosbonian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mosbonian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mosbonian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mosbonian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:48 PM   #101
Mr. Flopnuts Mr. Flopnuts is offline
Alex Christ is here to save us
 
Mr. Flopnuts's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Spread the good word!
Casino cash: $10073469
Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Now see, that's something I can respect despite that fact that her music doesn't appeal to me at all.
Seriously. She's one of the few pop star/celebs out there right now I would trust my children to look up too. She's a whore, but she doesn't publicize it. She writes songs about them.
Posts: 47,230
Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:49 PM   #102
bevischief bevischief is offline
....
 
bevischief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Dakota
Casino cash: $8576
VARSITY
It could be Barney live...
__________________
Posts: 24,499
bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:54 PM   #103
htismaqe htismaqe is offline
What? What?
 
htismaqe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Chiefsplanet
Casino cash: $8834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
This!

My daughter is 17 now...sometimes when we are just sitting and watching a TV program together or just sitting around talking, she loves to bring up what we did together when she was 8-10. And when I see the sparkle in her eyes talking about all the fun she had back then and how she loves me for how I went to all those "silly little girl things" it makes everything worth it. I once took my daughter to an American Girl store....stood with her as she pretty much looked at everything they sold for almost every doll they make.

Now....we talk about music (we share the same musical interests), baseball (Lord help her she is a Yank-me fan) and peruse Listverse together. And occasionally she will whisper...."Dad, you are such a dork"...and smile

Not to hijack this thread, but for those guys whose daughters are all grown and moved away....do you occasionally get out the old albums and look at the pictures just to smile at the memories?
I've let my kids paint my toenails, braid my hair, I seriously just don't give a shit about stuff like that.

It's fun and they love it.
Posts: 61,900
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:56 PM   #104
Pestilence Pestilence is online now
Want a ride?
 
Pestilence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nor-Cal
Casino cash: $16561
Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
I've let my kids paint my toenails, braid my hair, I seriously just don't give a shit about stuff like that.

It's fun and they love it.
Hippie.
Posts: 45,733
Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:57 PM   #105
Mosbonian Mosbonian is offline
On Hiatus
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $115
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevischief View Post
It could be Barney live...
There were a couple of those I had to attend too...Barney in the early days. Plus all the Disney on Ice and Disney Characters shows.

Oh....and I had to deal with early Pokemon and Yugi-Oh cartoons and trading cards.

And Barbies....she had way too many. You know you're a Dad when you go to take your Team to lunch and the girls sitting in the back seat are chuckling at the Barbies in the back seat that your daughter left there when you dropped her off at the Pre-School.
Posts: 8,612
Mosbonian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mosbonian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mosbonian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mosbonian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mosbonian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mosbonian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mosbonian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mosbonian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mosbonian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mosbonian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mosbonian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:55 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.