Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Royal Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 04:56 AM  
pr_capone pr_capone is offline
** *- -- -- *
 
pr_capone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aguadilla
Casino cash: $6618
DHS places and order for 7k select-fire rifles for personal defense

On 7 June 2012, the Department of Homeland security drew up a proposal to purchase 7k select-fire rifles in a 5.56x45mm caliber. In that proposal, the rifles are described as follows:

"DHS and its components have a requirement for a 5.56x45mm NATO, select-fire firearm suitable for personal defense use in close quarters and/or when maximum concealment is required." (Section C(PDW)ver 7.pdf - available in the below link)

Suitable for personal defense in close quarters or maximum concealment, eh? Sounds like a kind of situation one might encounter in their own home and faced with an intruder.

It seems as if in the eyes of the government these are select-fire personal defense tools in the hands of one of their agents. In the hands of a good law abiding citizens they are semi-automatic assault rifle mass killing machines.

Link:

https://www.fbo.gov/?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=d791b6aa0fd9d3d8833b2efa08300033&tab=core&_cview=0


Posts: 18,375
pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:26 AM   #91
petegz28 petegz28 is offline
Supporter
 
petegz28's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Olathe, Ks
Casino cash: $12497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
I have no idea what the future holds.
Exactly. Which makes the rest of your argument moot.
__________________
Posts: 66,731
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:26 AM   #92
Direckshun Direckshun is online now
Black for Palestine
 
Direckshun's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Springpatch
Casino cash: $12946
By the way, I'm not talking about repealing the 2nd amendment, as Fish implied in post #87.

I just see no need for semiautomatics.

Pete's defense is "well you never know, there could be numerous criminals, armed to the teeth, storming my house looking to kill. Also, the police don't exist and the sky rains bananas."
__________________
Posts: 45,114
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:27 AM   #93
Direckshun Direckshun is online now
Black for Palestine
 
Direckshun's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Springpatch
Casino cash: $12946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
If silly hyperbola is your goal... yes....
I'm extending the argument -- if we need semiautos on our bedside stands because something virtually inconceivable could happen, I see no reason why that can't extend to grenade launchers.
__________________
Posts: 45,114
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:27 AM   #94
Direckshun Direckshun is online now
Black for Palestine
 
Direckshun's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Springpatch
Casino cash: $12946
Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Exactly. Which makes the rest of your argument moot.
But there's no need to arm yourself to the teeth in the off chance that an absurdly inconceivable event will occur.

Any more than you'll need carry cyanide pills with you if/when you go on a ship cruise in the off, off, off case you're overtaken by brutal pirates.
__________________
Posts: 45,114
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:30 AM   #95
petegz28 petegz28 is offline
Supporter
 
petegz28's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Olathe, Ks
Casino cash: $12497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
By the way, I'm not talking about repealing the 2nd amendment, as Fish implied in post #87.

I just see no need for semiautomatics.

Pete's defense is "well you never know, there could be numerous criminals, armed to the teeth, storming my house looking to kill. Also, the police don't exist and the sky rains bananas."
You knwo, you're right. 3 guys break into my house and I will:

A: ask them to stand still so I can use 2 bullets each on them
B: dial 911 and ask them to wait patiently while the Police take 30 minutes to get ehre


You don't see a need for sem-auto's because you are ignorant to firearms which you have demonstarted multiple times.
__________________
Posts: 66,731
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:32 AM   #96
Fish Fish is offline
Missing Dick Curl
 
Fish's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $8350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
By the way, I'm not talking about repealing the 2nd amendment, as Fish implied in post #87.

I just see no need for semiautomatics.

Pete's defense is "well you never know, there could be numerous criminals, armed to the teeth, storming my house looking to kill. Also, the police don't exist and the sky rains bananas."
It's nobody's responsibility to prove to you the need for semiautos.
__________________
Posts: 25,938
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:32 AM   #97
petegz28 petegz28 is offline
Supporter
 
petegz28's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Olathe, Ks
Casino cash: $12497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
But there's no need to arm yourself to the teeth in the off chance that an absurdly inconceivable event will occur.

Any more than you'll need carry cyanide pills with you if/when you go on a ship cruise in the off, off, off case you're overtaken by brutal pirates.
Again, it's not for you to decide what I need to defend myself and my family. You worry about you and let me worry about me.
__________________
Posts: 66,731
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:33 AM   #98
Fish Fish is offline
Missing Dick Curl
 
Fish's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $8350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
I'm extending the argument -- if we need semiautos on our bedside stands because something virtually inconceivable could happen, I see no reason why that can't extend to grenade launchers.
You're "Extending the argument" because talking about the argument in non-hyperbolic terms fails to provide any support for your opinion.
__________________
Posts: 25,938
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:35 AM   #99
Direckshun Direckshun is online now
Black for Palestine
 
Direckshun's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Springpatch
Casino cash: $12946
Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
You knwo, you're right. 3 guys break into my house and I will:

A: ask them to stand still so I can use 2 bullets each on them
B: dial 911 and ask them to wait patiently while the Police take 30 minutes to get ehre
Less than 10 minutes, actually. And KC's is one of the slowest in the country.

You're just concocting absurd situations as justification for stocking yourself to the teeth with guns.

That's pretty much the definition of paranoid.
__________________
Posts: 45,114
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:36 AM   #100
Direckshun Direckshun is online now
Black for Palestine
 
Direckshun's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Springpatch
Casino cash: $12946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
You're "Extending the argument" because talking about the argument in non-hyperbolic terms fails to provide any support for your opinion.
I don't see any conceivable difference between a semiauto and a grenade launcher in this scenario. Please delineate the material difference as to make my comparison obsolete.
__________________
Posts: 45,114
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:37 AM   #101
Direckshun Direckshun is online now
Black for Palestine
 
Direckshun's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Springpatch
Casino cash: $12946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
It's nobody's responsibility to prove to you the need for semiautos.
I disagree.

If we're talking about instruments that make indiscriminate killing incredibly easy to achieve, we do need to justify their usage and/or legality.
__________________
Posts: 45,114
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:37 AM   #102
petegz28 petegz28 is offline
Supporter
 
petegz28's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Olathe, Ks
Casino cash: $12497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
Less than 10 minutes, actually. And KC's is one of the slowest in the country.

You're just concocting absurd situations as justification for stocking yourself to the teeth with guns.

That's pretty much the definition of paranoid.
You're right. Home invasions never happen. Let alone by multiple people who are armed.
__________________
Posts: 66,731
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:43 AM   #103
Fish Fish is offline
Missing Dick Curl
 
Fish's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $8350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
I don't see any conceivable difference between a semiauto and a grenade launcher in this scenario.
Then you're either ignorant or attempting to be ignorant.
__________________
Posts: 25,938
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:43 AM   #104
KC Dan KC Dan is offline
Red, White & Blue for the U.S.
 
KC Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: The Great Northwest now..
Casino cash: $6457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
I disagree.

If we're talking about instruments that make indiscriminate killing incredibly easy to achieve, we do need to justify their usage and/or legality.
No, no we don't

"the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"
__________________
"And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there" - George Harrison
Posts: 5,835
KC Dan would the whole thing.KC Dan would the whole thing.KC Dan would the whole thing.KC Dan would the whole thing.KC Dan would the whole thing.KC Dan would the whole thing.KC Dan would the whole thing.KC Dan would the whole thing.KC Dan would the whole thing.KC Dan would the whole thing.KC Dan would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:44 AM   #105
Direckshun Direckshun is online now
Black for Palestine
 
Direckshun's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Springpatch
Casino cash: $12946
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Dan View Post
No, no we don't

"the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"
Nonsense. We can regulate gun ownership.
__________________
Posts: 45,114
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:01 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.