Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 02:26 PM  
Taco John Taco John is offline
12on Paul
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Casino cash: $9931
Democrats then and now...

Posts: 51,241
Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:30 PM   #16
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Bless FSU!
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $22670
[quote=DrunkBassGuitar;9201122]It is an argument because that is exactly how the American medical system works.

Whoosh! The point went over your head. I made an argument for it NOT having to be working that way. It didn't always work that way. That's due to govt interference too.

Quote:
If you don't have insurance, and you go to the ER, you will get treatment.
I already know that. Now see above, again.

Quote:
Or I guess you could have doctors say "I'm sorry you don't have insurance, but I cannot treat you for your (potentially life-threatening) injuries." But there's about a 0% chance of that happening.
You are wrong. No one was turned away before govt got involved. You can get services for half of normal rates if you pay cash even. There are still doctors have and still do relieve some of paying anything.

Your side makes things more expensive.
__________________
“The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the legislature.” ~ James Madison, Father of the Constitution

“We do not believe in aggressive or preventive war. Such war is the weapon of dictators, not of free democratic countries like the United States.”~ Truman, Sept 1, 1950

Last edited by BucEyedPea; 12-11-2012 at 10:37 PM..
Posts: 59,743
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:22 AM   #17
DrunkBassGuitar DrunkBassGuitar is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Omaha! Omaha!
Casino cash: $7753
So instead of universal health insurance, doctors should just sometimes do their work for free?

I suppose someone could go to a charity hospital for their chemotherapy, but it's probably not a good idea.
Posts: 511
DrunkBassGuitar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DrunkBassGuitar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DrunkBassGuitar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DrunkBassGuitar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DrunkBassGuitar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DrunkBassGuitar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DrunkBassGuitar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DrunkBassGuitar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DrunkBassGuitar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DrunkBassGuitar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DrunkBassGuitar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:35 AM   #18
La literatura La literatura is offline
MVP
 
La literatura's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
No one was turned away before govt got involved. There were charity hospitals. Talk to a doctor who worked during that time.
Yes, those existed. They were where people essentially went to die. They didn't have ERs.
Posts: 7,171
La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:57 AM   #19
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $5000
The only flaw I see with that picture is that the 2012 side limits it's scope to "healthcare". We all know that democrats want to force other people to pay for a lot more than just that. In fact, with the exception of national defense, it's hard to think of something they don't want to spend other people's money on.
__________________


"I'll see you guys in New York." ISIS Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to US military personnel upon his release from US custody at Camp Bucca in Iraq during Obama's first year in office.
Posts: 75,744
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:02 AM   #20
A Salt Weapon A Salt Weapon is offline
Veteran
 
A Salt Weapon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Alaska
Casino cash: $8019
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
In fact, with the exception of national defense, it's hard to think of something they don't want to spend other people's money on.
I think my ammo bill should be subsidized.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 1,806
A Salt Weapon is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.A Salt Weapon is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.A Salt Weapon is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.A Salt Weapon is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.A Salt Weapon is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.A Salt Weapon is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.A Salt Weapon is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.A Salt Weapon is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.A Salt Weapon is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.A Salt Weapon is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.A Salt Weapon is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:03 AM   #21
La literatura La literatura is offline
MVP
 
La literatura's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
The only flaw I see with that picture is that the 2012 side limits it's scope to "healthcare". We all know that democrats want to force other people to pay for a lot more than just that. In fact, with the exception of national defense, it's hard to think of something they don't want to spend other people's money on.
Death penalty, oil subsidies, invading countries now.

But yeah, it turns out having a good country does cost money. It's a better alternative than having a bad country.
Posts: 7,171
La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:24 AM   #22
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Bless FSU!
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $22670
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar View Post
So instead of universal health insurance, doctors should just sometimes do their work for free?
Strawman much?

Quote:
I suppose someone could go to a charity hospital for their chemotherapy, but it's probably not a good idea.
What is good or bad is an opinion. The fact remains, that no one was turned away before. The very idea that such hi technology exists for things like cancer is because of the free market. We'd still be using older tech if the govt controlled all of it. Healthcare in the Soviet Union sucked. That's where you're taking us.
__________________
“The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the legislature.” ~ James Madison, Father of the Constitution

“We do not believe in aggressive or preventive war. Such war is the weapon of dictators, not of free democratic countries like the United States.”~ Truman, Sept 1, 1950
Posts: 59,743
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #23
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Literature View Post
Death penalty, oil subsidies, invading countries now.

But yeah, it turns out having a good country does cost money. It's a better alternative than having a bad country.
When are democrats going to decide that it's worth paying an fair/equal share out of their own pockets for this good country you're referencing?
__________________


"I'll see you guys in New York." ISIS Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to US military personnel upon his release from US custody at Camp Bucca in Iraq during Obama's first year in office.
Posts: 75,744
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #24
La literatura La literatura is offline
MVP
 
La literatura's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
When are democrats going to decide that it's worth paying an fair/equal share out of their own pockets for this good country you're referencing?
Like Obama, Buffet, Elizabeth Warren, and countless others who advocate for raising their own tax rate? Or do you mean, when will low income people start paying their fair share?
Posts: 7,171
La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:53 AM   #25
mikey23545 mikey23545 is online now
MVP
 
mikey23545's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $10515
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
When are democrats going to decide that it's worth paying an fair/equal share out of their own pockets for this good country you're referencing?
Well, now you're just being ridiculous.
Posts: 12,246
mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #26
CoMoChief CoMoChief is offline
The Revolution Has Begun
 
CoMoChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: KCMO
Casino cash: $10680
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoman69 View Post
Just let them die, huh
Why should it be my (or anyone elses for that matter) responsiblility to pay for someone's elses healthcare?

Do you wanna pay for my groceries...because I need food to eat.

Can I send you the bill?
__________________
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: RT Donald Stephenson #79
Posts: 31,201
CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #27
La literatura La literatura is offline
MVP
 
La literatura's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMoChief View Post
Why should it be my (or anyone elses for that matter) responsiblility to pay for someone's elses healthcare?

Do you wanna pay for my groceries...because I need food to eat.

Can I send you the bill?
Because hospitals have an ethical (not to mention legal) duty to treat people, unlike the nonexistent ethical/legal duty for grocers to give out food. Because of that duty, society has said, "Look, we're not going to shortcut hospitals because of that. Let's spread the cost instead of having the provider eat it up. Otherwise, the provider might try to throw away that ethical duty."
Posts: 7,171
La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #28
CoMoChief CoMoChief is offline
The Revolution Has Begun
 
CoMoChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: KCMO
Casino cash: $10680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Literature View Post
Because hospitals have an ethical (not to mention legal) duty to treat people, unlike the nonexistent ethical/legal duty for grocers to give out food. Because of that duty, society has said, "Look, we're not going to shortcut hospitals because of that. Let's spread the cost instead of having the provider eat it up. Otherwise, the provider might try to throw away that ethical duty."
nothing is for free.
__________________
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: RT Donald Stephenson #79
Posts: 31,201
CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #29
La literatura La literatura is offline
MVP
 
La literatura's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMoChief View Post
nothing is for free.
There you go. Just like living in the US as an adult.
Posts: 7,171
La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #30
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Literature View Post
Like Obama, Buffet, Elizabeth Warren, and countless others who advocate for raising their own tax rate? Or do you mean, when will low income people start paying their fair share?
They're not countless, they're a distinct minority in your party. I'm talking about the vast majority, including all the low income people who aren't paying their fair/equal share.
__________________


"I'll see you guys in New York." ISIS Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to US military personnel upon his release from US custody at Camp Bucca in Iraq during Obama's first year in office.
Posts: 75,744
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:39 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.