Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 09:39 PM  
PunkinDrublic PunkinDrublic is offline
Reign in Bayside!
 
PunkinDrublic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Dallas, Tx
Casino cash: $7029
Lost my job today

This was my first job out of college and I had worked there for about 5 and a half years. I was doing so well in my old department and had even gotten rewarded but then at the end of July I got moved to a department where I was just constantly butting heads with managesment to the point where I was written up a couple of times in September. Try as I might I could not get moved to another department. Needless to say it was one of the most unpleasent work environments I've ever been in. Well around 3 today I get pulled into the VPs office and got canned. It's kind of a relief because I knew I wasn't fitting in very well with the managers I worked under. It was stressing me to the point where it was affecting my life outside of work. At the same time waking up tomorrow and not having a job freaks me out. i worked all through college and immediately found something after graduation. I was already looking for work while I was employed but it's hard to find time to schedule interviews when you are working all the time.

I'm not used to not having a job to go to. I signed up for unemployment already and have a little bit of money put away. I'm confident I'll find work but the uncertainty of when I'll get hired scares the **** out of me. What if most employers aren't hiring until after the holidays? Anyway just curious how some of you guys dealt with temporary unemployment.

Update: Finally Got a new job. I start tomorrow.

Last edited by PunkinDrublic; 01-24-2013 at 05:11 PM..
Posts: 5,860
PunkinDrublic is too fat/Omaha.PunkinDrublic is too fat/Omaha.PunkinDrublic is too fat/Omaha.PunkinDrublic is too fat/Omaha.PunkinDrublic is too fat/Omaha.PunkinDrublic is too fat/Omaha.PunkinDrublic is too fat/Omaha.PunkinDrublic is too fat/Omaha.PunkinDrublic is too fat/Omaha.PunkinDrublic is too fat/Omaha.PunkinDrublic is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:40 AM   #31
rico rico is offline
Tarp that Load.
 
rico's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Da SEI
Casino cash: $11303
I lost my job 3 weeks ago. I had been at the company for 5 and a half years. It was my first job after college graduation as well.

To start, I have a BA in Psychology from a private college and accumulated a mountain of debt attaining it...stupid...stupid...stupid. I didn't make wise decisions back then, I was ****ed up all the time. I discovered very soon that well-paying jobs are difficult to come by with Psych degree. Anyways, I went back to college this semester to pursue an RN degree. I figure this will complement the Psychology degree well. I am intending on eventually becoming a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner. I am in 4 classes this semester and 3 of them are online. The one regular class I have did not conflict with my work schedule. And my numbers and performance at work was pretty good despite being a full time student and being a father of 2 daughters ages 23 months and 5 months.

So about 5 weeks ago, everyone in the company was informed that they had received a 5% pay decrease due to cash flow issues. I was pissed, not only for my sake, but for the employees that I supervise. They were making miniscule amounts of money prior to the company wide pay decrease. And of course, I had to be the bad guy and inform all of these people of the decision...a decision in which some of them thought I made.

As fate would have it, my 5 month old daughter became sick the night I was informed of the 5% pay decrease. She was admitted to the hospital and diagnosed with pertussis. I requested 2 weeks PTO (I had 225 hours racked up) so I could be with my daughter. My supervisor refused to grant it because in the handbook it states that they are not required to grant PTO under any circumstances if it has potential to affect business operations. I took it a step further and filled out a FMLA leave form (which my supervisor/company can not deny or control in any way) and had a doctor sign it. I filled it out for a leave of 3 weeks. According to our handbook/policy, my company is not supposed to contact someone on FMLA leave under any circumstances and it wasn't even an hour before I had my supervisor calling me and basically just whining because she had to perform some of my job tasks. Normally all she does is sit around her office resembling Jabba the Hut (she reminds me of a cross between Jabba the Hut and Bill Lumberg...has the Lumberg voice and way of approaching you), call people on the phone to discuss stupid shit and set up meetings where stupid shit is discussed and the glaring problems that she is blissfully unaware of are neglected. So she was required to do my work for 3 weeks, for in the county I worked in, I was the only Service Coordinator and the regions only auditor. Therefore, nobody was qualified to cover my shit except for her. It was presumably the first time she had been put in a situation at work in which she had little to no control over in a long time...probably 4-5 years. So she called me multiple times per day despite the fact that she wasn't supposed to and I ignored every one of her calls. Man, that felt good. Her voice mails were always concluded by her begging me not to tell anyone that she was trying to contact me, for she knew it was against company policy. She also disclosed many of my clients' names on her voice mails...due to HIPPA (which I audited for the region) she was not supposed to do that either. She was supposed to use their initials when referring to them. She would catch herself doing that and would conclude the voice mail with begging me to delete the voice mails in which she disclosed the clients' names.

Ok, so the 3 weeks were up and I plain and simply did not want to come back to that cesspool. I considered quitting. I had money saved up and had attained by CNA. I figured I could work for low pay as a CNA until I receive my RN. It would give me good experience. It was just...coming to that place was probably the most depressed I had ever been in my life. I had incompetent, cronified superiors, non-dependable staff who called in constantly and worst of all, clients who were 100% dependent on me in terms of every aspect of life....which contradicts the "mission" of the company which is to "empower" individuals with mental illnesses to "recover" so they no longer need to utilize us. Shit, they engraved the mission statements deep inside our craniums, but trained us to contradict the mission statement, for if clients truly did "recover" and no longer needed our services, we lost business. I felt more like an "enabler" of irresponsibility, unaccountability, dependency (on other people), people trying to score more government help than they reasonably "need," etc. Other than my auditing gig, I hated everything I represented in my position in that company. I am too proud of a person to not let these types of things get to me.

So I received a phone call from a co-worker who informed me that the whole program had gone to shit while I was gone (I had SHIT for backup) and that I had all sorts of emotional ruts to dig clients out of and structural ****-ups that took place during my absence which was now my responsibility to fix. On a regular work day, the shit is piled high. However, on this day, mountains of shit were piled on mountains of shit. So I called in. In my 5 and a half years there, this was the 2nd time I had ever called in. I had been sick many times, but worked through it because I didn't want to deal with the accumulation of bullshit when I came back. There was one day in 5 and a half years prior to this day where I was too sick to come in. I followed this by accessing my work email and submitting my two weeks notice.

After my supervisor received the email, she stated that she wanted to meet with me the following day because she had a plan in place in an attempt to work things out. I agreed to meet to listen to what she had to say. They gave me an ultimatum. I could either a.) accept a promotion to Regional Service Coordinator Team Leader on the condition that I drop out of nursing school. This would come with a pay increase that would put me conveniently .02/hr more than what I was making prior to the company wide pay decrease. or b.) stay in nursing school and accept a demotion to CSS staff that would essentially cut my pay in half. I told them to stick both offers up their schemish bungholios. I packed my shit, returned my keys and walked out.

This happened on the 16th and oddly enough, the human resource manager (who I was tight with, I had recently gotten her husband a decent-paying job at a factory where my father is general foreman) somehow talked the core team, which consisted of my supervisor, her supervisor and our billing specialist into paying me until the 29th of October, since that is the date in which was 2 weeks after I gave my 2 weeks notice. Somehow, they agreed to this, so I was paid for doing nothing from the 15th until the 29th of October along with the 3 weeks FMLA prior to the 15th. ****'em. I had 200+ hours of PTO racked up that I never used because I never could because it was never granted because my absence always seemed to "affect business operations." They ate shit with that small portion of the situation and I don't freaking care.

I saved a nice chunk of change prior to this, so I am doing ok for the time being. I want to get some midterm stuff done for school before going full-fledged in terms of prowling for jobs.

My main concern is health insurance. I received a letter from COBRA that stated that in order to continue my current health insurance plan, I had to pay $500 + per month. What can I do in regards to health insurance? There has got to be a cheaper way to be covered. It isn't even a family plan for my fiancee (baby-momma) will not be married until March. Not to mention, all I want covered is Dr. visits and prescription refills. That's it. I'm not worried about anything else. Anyone have any advice?

Sorry in advance for any disorganization... I didn't proofread and didn't intend on rambling about as much as I did.
Posts: 6,385
rico has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.rico has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.rico has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.rico has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.rico has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.rico has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.rico has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.rico has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.rico has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.rico has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.rico has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:51 AM   #32
Simply Red Simply Red is offline
SNR's battery back-up
 
Simply Red's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SO SO DEF HQ's
Casino cash: $22751
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico View Post
I lost my job 3 weeks ago. I had been at the company for 5 and a half years. It was my first job after college graduation as well.

To start, I have a BA in Psychology from a private college and accumulated a mountain of debt attaining it...stupid...stupid...stupid. I didn't make wise decisions back then, I was ****ed up all the time. I discovered very soon that well-paying jobs are difficult to come by with Psych degree. Anyways, I went back to college this semester to pursue an RN degree. I figure this will complement the Psychology degree well. I am intending on eventually becoming a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner. I am in 4 classes this semester and 3 of them are online. The one regular class I have did not conflict with my work schedule. And my numbers and performance at work was pretty good despite being a full time student and being a father of 2 daughters ages 23 months and 5 months.

So about 5 weeks ago, everyone in the company was informed that they had received a 5% pay decrease due to cash flow issues. I was pissed, not only for my sake, but for the employees that I supervise. They were making miniscule amounts of money prior to the company wide pay decrease. And of course, I had to be the bad guy and inform all of these people of the decision...a decision in which some of them thought I made.

As fate would have it, my 5 month old daughter became sick the night I was informed of the 5% pay decrease. She was admitted to the hospital and diagnosed with pertussis. I requested 2 weeks PTO (I had 225 hours racked up) so I could be with my daughter. My supervisor refused to grant it because in the handbook it states that they are not required to grant PTO under any circumstances if it has potential to affect business operations. I took it a step further and filled out a FMLA leave form (which my supervisor/company can not deny or control in any way) and had a doctor sign it. I filled it out for a leave of 3 weeks. According to our handbook/policy, my company is not supposed to contact someone on FMLA leave under any circumstances and it wasn't even an hour before I had my supervisor calling me and basically just whining because she had to perform some of my job tasks. Normally all she does is sit around her office resembling Jabba the Hut (she reminds me of a cross between Jabba the Hut and Bill Lumberg...has the Lumberg voice and way of approaching you), call people on the phone to discuss stupid shit and set up meetings where stupid shit is discussed and the glaring problems that she is blissfully unaware of are neglected. So she was required to do my work for 3 weeks, for in the county I worked in, I was the only Service Coordinator and the regions only auditor. Therefore, nobody was qualified to cover my shit except for her. It was presumably the first time she had been put in a situation at work in which she had little to no control over in a long time...probably 4-5 years. So she called me multiple times per day despite the fact that she wasn't supposed to and I ignored every one of her calls. Man, that felt good. Her voice mails were always concluded by her begging me not to tell anyone that she was trying to contact me, for she knew it was against company policy. She also disclosed many of my clients' names on her voice mails...due to HIPPA (which I audited for the region) she was not supposed to do that either. She was supposed to use their initials when referring to them. She would catch herself doing that and would conclude the voice mail with begging me to delete the voice mails in which she disclosed the clients' names.

Ok, so the 3 weeks were up and I plain and simply did not want to come back to that cesspool. I considered quitting. I had money saved up and had attained by CNA. I figured I could work for low pay as a CNA until I receive my RN. It would give me good experience. It was just...coming to that place was probably the most depressed I had ever been in my life. I had incompetent, cronified superiors, non-dependable staff who called in constantly and worst of all, clients who were 100% dependent on me in terms of every aspect of life....which contradicts the "mission" of the company which is to "empower" individuals with mental illnesses to "recover" so they no longer need to utilize us. Shit, they engraved the mission statements deep inside our craniums, but trained us to contradict the mission statement, for if clients truly did "recover" and no longer needed our services, we lost business. I felt more like an "enabler" of irresponsibility, unaccountability, dependency (on other people), people trying to score more government help than they reasonably "need," etc. Other than my auditing gig, I hated everything I represented in my position in that company. I am too proud of a person to not let these types of things get to me.

So I received a phone call from a co-worker who informed me that the whole program had gone to shit while I was gone (I had SHIT for backup) and that I had all sorts of emotional ruts to dig clients out of and structural ****-ups that took place during my absence which was now my responsibility to fix. On a regular work day, the shit is piled high. However, on this day, mountains of shit were piled on mountains of shit. So I called in. In my 5 and a half years there, this was the 2nd time I had ever called in. I had been sick many times, but worked through it because I didn't want to deal with the accumulation of bullshit when I came back. There was one day in 5 and a half years prior to this day where I was too sick to come in. I followed this by accessing my work email and submitting my two weeks notice.

After my supervisor received the email, she stated that she wanted to meet with me the following day because she had a plan in place in an attempt to work things out. I agreed to meet to listen to what she had to say. They gave me an ultimatum. I could either a.) accept a promotion to Regional Service Coordinator Team Leader on the condition that I drop out of nursing school. This would come with a pay increase that would put me conveniently .02/hr more than what I was making prior to the company wide pay decrease. or b.) stay in nursing school and accept a demotion to CSS staff that would essentially cut my pay in half. I told them to stick both offers up their schemish bungholios. I packed my shit, returned my keys and walked out.

This happened on the 16th and oddly enough, the human resource manager (who I was tight with, I had recently gotten her husband a decent-paying job at a factory where my father is general foreman) somehow talked the core team, which consisted of my supervisor, her supervisor and our billing specialist into paying me until the 29th of October, since that is the date in which was 2 weeks after I gave my 2 weeks notice. Somehow, they agreed to this, so I was paid for doing nothing from the 15th until the 29th of October along with the 3 weeks FMLA prior to the 15th. ****'em. I had 200+ hours of PTO racked up that I never used because I never could because it was never granted because my absence always seemed to "affect business operations." They ate shit with that small portion of the situation and I don't freaking care.

I saved a nice chunk of change prior to this, so I am doing ok for the time being. I want to get some midterm stuff done for school before going full-fledged in terms of prowling for jobs.

My main concern is health insurance. I received a letter from COBRA that stated that in order to continue my current health insurance plan, I had to pay $500 + per month. What can I do in regards to health insurance? There has got to be a cheaper way to be covered. It isn't even a family plan for my fiancee (baby-momma) will not be married until March. Not to mention, all I want covered is Dr. visits and prescription refills. That's it. I'm not worried about anything else. Anyone have any advice?

Sorry in advance for any disorganization... I didn't proofread and didn't intend on rambling about as much as I did.

Sorry buddy, got to be tough in Iowa w/ the sparse population.

I wish you the best Rico
__________________
I don't forget anything - remember that.
Posts: 43,016
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:57 AM   #33
ChiefsNow ChiefsNow is offline
Post Draft free agents WINNING
 
ChiefsNow's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Missoula, Montana
Casino cash: $9968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Sorry to hear that man.
I'm used to it. I've already got a line on a job in Missoula working on firefighting planes. Emailed the resume. Should hear something tomorrow.


Get to say I lost my job on the day Obama got re elected.
__________________
Posted via Slingshot using Rocks
Posts: 5,317
ChiefsNow is too fat/Omaha.ChiefsNow is too fat/Omaha.ChiefsNow is too fat/Omaha.ChiefsNow is too fat/Omaha.ChiefsNow is too fat/Omaha.ChiefsNow is too fat/Omaha.ChiefsNow is too fat/Omaha.ChiefsNow is too fat/Omaha.ChiefsNow is too fat/Omaha.ChiefsNow is too fat/Omaha.ChiefsNow is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:45 AM   #34
rico rico is offline
Tarp that Load.
 
rico's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Da SEI
Casino cash: $11303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
Sorry buddy, got to be tough in Iowa w/ the sparse population.

I wish you the best Rico
Thanks dude.
Posts: 6,385
rico has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.rico has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.rico has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.rico has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.rico has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.rico has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.rico has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.rico has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.rico has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.rico has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.rico has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:01 AM   #35
FAX FAX is offline
testing ... 1, 2, 3
 
FAX's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Tennessee
Casino cash: $5000
Sorry to hear about your misfortune, Mr. PunkinDrublic.

But it sounds like this is going to be a net positive for you. The most important thing you can do right now is focus on self-improvement ... health, education, art, whatever ...

It's sounds crazy I know, but life events like this seem to be highly purposeful ... if, that is, you take advantage of them. What seems like a step backward today into a world of uncertainty is probably simply a way to free your mind and attitude in preparation of something far better. That's why it's so important to stay focused on your goals even in the face of perceived adversity.

Good luck, man.

FAX
Posts: 37,639
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:36 AM   #36
Dave Lane Dave Lane is offline
Space Cadet and Aczabel
 
Dave Lane's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Kansas City, Mo, USA
Casino cash: $13779
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna View Post
Somebody gets re-elected and you lose your job. This country is in good hands. IT'S A JOKE! **** OFF!

Sorry man. Do you know if you have options at this point?
He didn't get laid off he got fired. Dumbass comment.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris616 View Post
High Tech is Sorcery and the people who are really powerful are literally telling people to commit crimes using the psychic interspace created by the WWW and Wireless. They are controlling peoples actions like drones . The two things are deeply intertwined. The more man's brain interfaces with machines the creepier it gets. They use brains separate from a human body in a supercomputer and you have The Image of the Beast. The military has been doing this since the 50s
Posts: 25,063
Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:10 AM   #37
Pushead2 Pushead2 is offline
**** off
 
Pushead2's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New York
Casino cash: $6883
Hang in there bud!! Being unemployed is very worrisome and tough.
__________________
"Just make sure you mention my name in the top brackets. And make sure they mention your name as the top - insert vulgar language that Chiefsplanet doesn't like even though it's a harmless lyric -....."
Posts: 4,377
Pushead2 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pushead2 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pushead2 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pushead2 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pushead2 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pushead2 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pushead2 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pushead2 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pushead2 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pushead2 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pushead2 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:14 AM   #38
loochy loochy is offline
That's what she said.
 
loochy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TECKSIS
Casino cash: $9358
So what do you or what can you do? I live in the area and I work at a VERY large company with many opportunities. Maybe I can help you find something.
__________________
Please note that any racist, sexist, or otherwise outrageous opinions expressed in this post have been made for comedic or trolling purposes only and are not the actual opinions of loochy or any affiliated entities. Reader discretion is advised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut View Post
yeah i may be a retard but I'll be the one banging your girlfriend when you're out with your friends.
Posts: 19,103
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:17 AM   #39
R8RFAN R8RFAN is offline
Molôn Labé
 
R8RFAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: North Carolina
Casino cash: $11963
Sorry dude, Just go get your 99 weeks and start looking
Posts: 19,357
R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.R8RFAN has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:40 AM   #40
GloryDayz GloryDayz is online now
Good luck KC Chiefs...
 
GloryDayz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lee's Summit, MO
Casino cash: $26595
Good luck in you job search. Suffice it to say, when you break through and have a better job, I hope you can look back on this and realize you're better off. I know bad management, I deal with it every day. I know know spineless leadership, I'm subject to it daily. I know weak people, they hide behind bad and incomplete decisions and solutions and claim they're forward thinking. Trust me, in this day and age, weak leadership is more pervasive than ever.

Good luck man....

Go Chiefs (next year!)...
Posts: 24,881
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:04 AM   #41
Marcellus Marcellus is offline
Save Chief's Planet
 
Marcellus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In denial.
Casino cash: $13897
Quote:
Originally Posted by R8ers View Post
Sorry dude, Just go get your 99 weeks and start looking
Horrible ****ing advice.

Go get a job, any job even if it is not in the field you want to end up in. It looks much better to a perspective employer if you are working somewhere rather than sitting on your unemployment benefits.

Its much easier to find a job when you have a job. Trust me. Dont milk the unemployment or the gap in your employment is going to look worse and worse.

I know what I am talking about on this.
Posts: 21,104
Marcellus has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Marcellus has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Marcellus has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Marcellus has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Marcellus has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Marcellus has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Marcellus has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Marcellus has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Marcellus has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Marcellus has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Marcellus has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:04 AM   #42
theelusiveeightrop theelusiveeightrop is offline
Spiraling down the Drain
 
theelusiveeightrop's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dante's Ninth Circle
Casino cash: $11323
Very sorry. Good luck and Prayers to you.
__________________
"We're both part of the same hypocrisy, Senator, but never think it applies to my family."

2014 Adopt a Chief - Travis Kelce #87
Posts: 20,275
theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:04 AM   #43
Mr. Flopnuts Mr. Flopnuts is offline
Alex Christ is here to save us
 
Mr. Flopnuts's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Spread the good word!
Casino cash: $10073724
Quote:
Originally Posted by R8ers View Post
Sorry dude, Just go get your 99 weeks and start looking
Those days are long past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Good luck in you job search. Suffice it to say, when you break through and have a better job, I hope you can look back on this and realize you're better off. I know bad management, I deal with it every day. I know know spineless leadership, I'm subject to it daily. I know weak people, they hide behind bad and incomplete decisions and solutions and claim they're forward thinking. Trust me, in this day and age, weak leadership is more pervasive than ever.

Good luck man....

Go Chiefs (next year!)...
You know, I see this a lot, and as a guy who's been on both sides of the fence let me say something without you personally taking offense to it, because it's not directed at you.

People tend to overvalue their own worth, and undervalue the worth of others they work with. It's a natural thing for people to do, and is a part of the human condition of me first. No one is invaluable. There is always someone who can do what you do, and often times are willing to do it cheaper. That's not to say that your statement is invalid. Of course it's valid. But you hear a million times more people saying this, versus what can I do to better this company, and my role in it? How can I make my bosses job easier?

And I'll be honest, the ones who do the latter, tend to move up and become those "ineffective poor leaders" that everyone else talks about.

Again, not directed at you Glorydayz, just a general observation.
__________________
Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit, and knowing you're shit.
Posts: 47,276
Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:09 AM   #44
Hog Farmer Hog Farmer is offline
Good Donkey = Dead Donkey
 
Hog Farmer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2001
Casino cash: $10619
I've never been unemployed in my life. The main reason is you have to know when to kiss ass and you have to know when to kick ass. Timing is everything.
Posts: 15,744
Hog Farmer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hog Farmer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hog Farmer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hog Farmer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hog Farmer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hog Farmer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hog Farmer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hog Farmer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hog Farmer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hog Farmer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hog Farmer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:18 AM   #45
loochy loochy is offline
That's what she said.
 
loochy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TECKSIS
Casino cash: $9358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer View Post
I've never been unemployed in my life. The main reason is you have to know when to kiss ass and you have to know when to kick ass. Timing is everything.
This. Even if someone is a butthole, you can't butt heads with bosses or leadership. You'll lose every single time.
__________________
Please note that any racist, sexist, or otherwise outrageous opinions expressed in this post have been made for comedic or trolling purposes only and are not the actual opinions of loochy or any affiliated entities. Reader discretion is advised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut View Post
yeah i may be a retard but I'll be the one banging your girlfriend when you're out with your friends.
Posts: 19,103
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:50 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.