Home Mail Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > World Champion Royals Lounge > Media Center

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2015, 10:19 AM  
MatriculatingHank MatriculatingHank is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Casino cash: $14958
Def Leppard 2015 CD

It SUCKS! nuff said.
You've been warned
Posts: 486
MatriculatingHank would the whole thing.MatriculatingHank would the whole thing.MatriculatingHank would the whole thing.MatriculatingHank would the whole thing.MatriculatingHank would the whole thing.MatriculatingHank would the whole thing.MatriculatingHank would the whole thing.MatriculatingHank would the whole thing.MatriculatingHank would the whole thing.MatriculatingHank would the whole thing.MatriculatingHank would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 03:00 PM   #2
Bowser Bowser is offline
walking on sunshine
 
Bowser's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In Transition
Casino cash: $31323
Lol. The guys on satellite have been pimping this disc up, saying the music was going in "new directions". Bit of a caution flag there.
Posts: 58,364
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 07:22 PM   #3
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Brofessor
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $54848
They self-produced so I expected a disaster.

Plus, Pete Willis, who was responsible for most of their early hits was kicked out of the band before the release of Pyromania and Steve Clark, who wrote a bunch of riffs for Hysteria, died at age 30 from alcohol abuse.

The bottom line is that doing a new album just gives them an excuse to tour and further pad their bank accounts.
Posts: 60,772
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 11:18 AM   #4
Brock Brock is offline
Say hello to my little friend
 
Brock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Larryville
Casino cash: $28522
Nobody wants to hear this shit
Posts: 47,329
Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 01:03 PM   #5
Bowser Bowser is offline
walking on sunshine
 
Bowser's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In Transition
Casino cash: $31323
Def Leppard and Queensryche are much alike in that regard - their stuff not only stopped being good after a certain point, but the newer stuff is just crap. Def Leppard has way more commercial success and recognition than Queensryche ever did, but they really are mirror images - everything after Hysteria (which you could argue was a sell out album and be correct) for DL and everything after Empire for QR was just bad. Both of their early catalogues are quality.

That said, Queensryche (the new version with Todd LaTorre) is coming to Knuckleheads in February, and the word is they do a ton of their early stuff with him. I think I may check that out.
Posts: 58,364
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 01:10 PM   #6
stevieray stevieray is offline
oh my
 
stevieray's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Not here
Casino cash: $34950
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Steve Clark, who wrote a bunch of riffs for Hysteria,
...and damn good riffs at that.

"Get it Steve"
Posts: 41,909
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 01:12 PM   #7
stevieray stevieray is offline
oh my
 
stevieray's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Not here
Casino cash: $34950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Def Leppard and Queensryche are much alike in that regard - their stuff not only stopped being good after a certain point, but the newer stuff is just crap. Def Leppard has way more commercial success and recognition than Queensryche ever did, but they really are mirror images - everything after Hysteria (which you could argue was a sell out album and be correct) for DL and everything after Empire for QR was just bad. Both of their early catalogues are quality.

That said, Queensryche (the new version with Todd LaTorre) is coming to Knuckleheads in February, and the word is they do a ton of their early stuff with him. I think I may check that out.
I'll be at that show. Saw the Empire tour with Ozzy in Denver in the early 90's
Posts: 41,909
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 02:22 PM   #8
Bowser Bowser is offline
walking on sunshine
 
Bowser's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In Transition
Casino cash: $31323
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
I'll be at that show. Saw the Empire tour with Ozzy in Denver in the early 90's
Nice! To see Ozzy still (kind of) in his prime and 'Ryche for Empire would have been a fantastic show! Have you heard LaTorre sing yet? It's creepy how he nails Geoff Tate, particularly their older songs...
Posts: 58,364
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 02:23 PM   #9
Bowser Bowser is offline
walking on sunshine
 
Bowser's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In Transition
Casino cash: $31323
And sorry to hijack the Def Leppard hate, Matriculating! Thanks for the heads up, though. Hadn't heard any of their new songs, now I won't bother to go out of my way.
Posts: 58,364
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 03:09 PM   #10
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $34554
I did like some of their post heyday stuff like Adrenalize, Euphoria and X which were in the 90s and early 2000s.

I haven't heard much after that.

I hated Slang which was in the mid 90s.


https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Def_Leppard_discography
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 53,989
Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 04:11 PM   #11
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Brofessor
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $54848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
And sorry to hijack the Def Leppard hate, Matriculating! Thanks for the heads up, though. Hadn't heard any of their new songs, now I won't bother to go out of my way.
The new songs sound pretty much exactly as expected. The first single sounds like a mash up of several songs on Hysteria.

For the record, I don't dislike DL. I really dug their first two records because they just outright rocked. They were teenagers then, too.

But everything changed with Pyromania and even more so with Hysteria. It would take months, if not weeks to record Hysteria in 2015 but it took years to make in the 80's due to technology.

I didn't "get" it in the 80's and didn't really like the album but have realized in the past decade that it's an awesome technical achievement and sounded like no other record ever produced, before or since.

Unfortunately, their new music sounds like it's trying too hard to be Hysteria, which is impossible, especially considering Steve Clark is no longer with us and Mutt Lange had nothing to do with the creation of this album.
Posts: 60,772
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 04:22 PM   #12
BigMeatballDave BigMeatballDave is offline
GBM 8-12-15
 
BigMeatballDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Dayton, Oh.
Casino cash: $52254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
I did like some of their post heyday stuff like Adrenalize, Euphoria and X which were in the 90s and early 2000s.

I haven't heard much after that.

I hated Slang which was in the mid 90s.


https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Def_Leppard_discography
I loved Slang, but I'm a huge DL fan. Nothing good since X though.
__________________
2015 Adopt-a-Chief: Tamba Hali
Posts: 59,884
BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 04:38 PM   #13
BigMeatballDave BigMeatballDave is offline
GBM 8-12-15
 
BigMeatballDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Dayton, Oh.
Casino cash: $52254
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
They self-produced so I expected a disaster.

Plus, Pete Willis, who was responsible for most of their early hits was kicked out of the band before the release of Pyromania and Steve Clark, who wrote a bunch of riffs for Hysteria, died at age 30 from alcohol abuse.

The bottom line is that doing a new album just gives them an excuse to tour and further pad their bank accounts.
Pyromania and Hysteria were my favorites back then. I was 17 when Hysteria was released. They are very near and dear.
__________________
2015 Adopt-a-Chief: Tamba Hali
Posts: 59,884
BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 04:48 PM   #14
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $34554
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
T Mutt Lange had nothing to do with the creation of this album.
Thats too bad. His work with them was awesome.

Its funny, i thought his work with Shania Twain sounded alot like The 80s Def Leppard stuff. Just with a little more twang.
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 53,989
Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 04:53 PM   #15
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Brofessor
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $54848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Thats too bad. His work with them was awesome.

Its funny, i thought his work with Shania Twain sounded alot like The 80s Def Leppard stuff. Just with a little more twang.
It was produced to sound exactly like the Def Leppard music.

He was an integral part of their career, writing, producing and even signing background vocals on their records (same with Shania).

He's an uber talented guy.
Posts: 60,772
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:12 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.