Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Royal Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2012, 09:43 PM  
Fish Fish is offline
Missing Dick Curl
 
Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $7403
Science is Cool....

This is a repository for all cool scientific discussion and fascination. Scientific facts, theories, and overall cool scientific stuff that you'd like to share with others. Stuff that makes you smile and wonder at the amazing shit going on around us, that most people don't notice.

Post pictures, vidoes, stories, or links. Ask questions. Share science.

This is in support of the Penny 4 NASA project. If you enjoy anything you learned from this thread, consider making a donation and signing the petition.

http://www.penny4nasa.org/

Why should I care?:


Last edited by Fish; 01-07-2013 at 07:55 AM..
Posts: 25,852
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:59 PM   #1561
Fish Fish is offline
Missing Dick Curl
 
Fish's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $7403
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
What about if we upload our brains into computers and think for a verrrrry long time?


(and vote and stuff too)
Robot bodies for everybody! I just want chainsaw hands..

__________________
Posts: 25,852
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:15 PM   #1562
dmahurin dmahurin is offline
Veteran
 
dmahurin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Casino cash: $6110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Robot bodies for everybody! I just want chainsaw hands..
You don't need a robot body for chainsaw hands.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Well there is no way they're taking a QB 1st, I'd be bet my left testicle on that.
Posts: 1,274
dmahurin is too fat/Omaha.dmahurin is too fat/Omaha.dmahurin is too fat/Omaha.dmahurin is too fat/Omaha.dmahurin is too fat/Omaha.dmahurin is too fat/Omaha.dmahurin is too fat/Omaha.dmahurin is too fat/Omaha.dmahurin is too fat/Omaha.dmahurin is too fat/Omaha.dmahurin is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:15 PM   #1563
Easy 6 Easy 6 is offline
ask for it by name
 
Easy 6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the goldilocks zone
Casino cash: $14191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
We don't know. So you cannot really make claims about what there can or cannot be. Infinity is just as impossible to describe as a contained universe.

It's very dangerous to simply attribute things that cannot be presently explained as therefore being acts of God, as if they are forever unknowable. History has unequivocally proven that the more we learn more about the universe, the fewer unknowns there are to be attributed to God. The windows of unknowns have been shrinking considerably, especially in the last few centuries. But one thing has been certain, it's never went the other direction. We have an incredible ways to go in understanding for sure.

Science is not arrogant. It attempts to understand the unexplainable. It's driven by truth and accuracy. You don't have to be mainstream you just have to be proven.

Galileo was punished by the Church. He's a perfect example of making a scientific claim, which in today's times would sound as crazy as saying there's an end to the universe. The Church said he was arrogant for proclaiming to know more than what the Bible said. Turns out he was correct.

Please don't try and turn this into a science bashing battle again. This is the last I'm commenting on this.
I disagree, science IS arrogant, if you don't subscribe to the current theories (and that's just what they are , theories) then you're a kook, so called by many here against the legit scientists I posted about several pages back.

Other legit scientists with differing views, astronauts, air traffic controllers, Air Force, pilots and other military personnel... all either misguided or just plain stupid according to the "Galileo Era" scientists whom opposed them.

Point being, you seem to think that just one school of science has it all down pat, never even considering or even wanting to consider the opinions of other legit scientists... the same kind of stone wall Galileo ran into... disagree with your peers? well you're a heretic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alnorth View Post
well, except there is no God.
I cant prove there is one, but you sure as hell cant prove that there ISNT... so stop it, you generally seem like a decent guy, but don't flat out say "x doesn't exist", because you cant prove it doesn't exist any more than I can prove it does.
Posts: 28,683
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:33 PM   #1564
alnorth alnorth is offline
MVP
 
alnorth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Iowania
Casino cash: $10954
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott free View Post
I disagree, science IS arrogant
Bullcrap. This is the assertion of someone who doesn't know what the hell they are talking about, when describing science.

Science is, by its very nature, humble. They start out by presuming they do not know a damned thing about anything at all, and only build upon that empty base with things that can either be proven or which is supported by strong evidence. Anything at any time, even things that seem to be strongly supported, can be discarded if later knowledge shows that thing to not be correct.

This is in stark contrast to other things, including religion which starts out by arrogantly presuming their religion is correct, and all the other thousands of religions that primitive man has invented are all incorrect, based on no evidence whatsoever. Rational thought and questioning of dogma is severely discouraged, and in extreme cases, punished.
__________________
<WarMoose> Think about how stupid the average person is. Now realize that half of them are dumber than that.
<Chunda> Why half?
Posts: 27,007
alnorth has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.alnorth has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.alnorth has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.alnorth has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.alnorth has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.alnorth has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.alnorth has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.alnorth has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.alnorth has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.alnorth has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.alnorth has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:35 PM   #1565
hometeam hometeam is offline
Supporter
 
hometeam's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Jefferson City
Casino cash: $7919
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott free View Post
I cant prove there is one, but you sure as hell cant prove that there ISNT... so stop it, you generally seem like a decent guy, but don't flat out say "x doesn't exist", because you cant prove it doesn't exist any more than I can prove it does.

Unicorns exist! You cant prove they dont so they DO! Hooray! (this is not science)


Damn you, again I say, this thread is about SCIENCE!
Posts: 5,633
hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:36 PM   #1566
alnorth alnorth is offline
MVP
 
alnorth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Iowania
Casino cash: $10954
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott free View Post
I cant prove there is one, but you sure as hell cant prove that there ISNT... so stop it
"you cant prove there is no God", has always been a very stupid argument.

If there is a God, I assert that the one true God is the flying spaghetti monster, who blesses us all with his loving noodly appendage. You can't prove that I'm wrong, or that your ridiculous white european God is more valid than my made-up bullcrap, or native american Gods, or any other Gods.
__________________
<WarMoose> Think about how stupid the average person is. Now realize that half of them are dumber than that.
<Chunda> Why half?
Posts: 27,007
alnorth has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.alnorth has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.alnorth has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.alnorth has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.alnorth has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.alnorth has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.alnorth has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.alnorth has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.alnorth has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.alnorth has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.alnorth has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:38 PM   #1567
J Diddy J Diddy is offline
One Groovy Cat
 
J Diddy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Pitt State baby
Casino cash: $7920
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott free View Post
I disagree, science IS arrogant, if you don't subscribe to the current theories (and that's just what they are , theories) then you're a kook, so called by many here against the legit scientists I posted about several pages back.

Other legit scientists with differing views, astronauts, air traffic controllers, Air Force, pilots and other military personnel... all either misguided or just plain stupid according to the "Galileo Era" scientists whom opposed them.

Point being, you seem to think that just one school of science has it all down pat, never even considering or even wanting to consider the opinions of other legit scientists... the same kind of stone wall Galileo ran into... disagree with your peers? well you're a heretic!



I cant prove there is one, but you sure as hell cant prove that there ISNT... so stop it, you generally seem like a decent guy, but don't flat out say "x doesn't exist", because you cant prove it doesn't exist any more than I can prove it does.

LOL, seriously?

One of the steps in the scientific method is to revise your hypothesis as the evidence dictates.
Posts: 29,683
J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:42 PM   #1568
Easy 6 Easy 6 is offline
ask for it by name
 
Easy 6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the goldilocks zone
Casino cash: $14191
Quote:
Originally Posted by alnorth View Post
Bullcrap. This is the assertion of someone who doesn't know what the hell they are talking about, when describing science.

Science is, by its very nature, humble. They start out by presuming they do not know a damned thing about anything at all, and only build upon that empty base with things that can either be proven or which is supported by strong evidence. Anything at any time, even things that seem to be strongly supported, can be discarded if later knowledge shows that thing to not be correct.

This is in stark contrast to other things, including religion which starts out by arrogantly presuming their religion is correct, and all the other thousands of religions that primitive man has invented are all incorrect, based on no evidence whatsoever. Rational thought and questioning of dogma is severely discouraged, and in extreme cases, punished.
All of "science" starts out humble, lol... shove that bullcrap back up your outhole.

Don't believe anything besides current understanding until the day you die, go ahead, its a tiresome argument trying to get human beings to understand that they do not have all of the answers to lifes mysteries... not even our smartest minds.

Good night and God bless.
Posts: 28,683
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:46 PM   #1569
Easy 6 Easy 6 is offline
ask for it by name
 
Easy 6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the goldilocks zone
Casino cash: $14191
This thread is actually fun once I made a conscious effort to get past the scorn... pile it on, boys... knock yourselves out.

Glad you guys are so confident and smart, God bless.
Posts: 28,683
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:47 PM   #1570
hometeam hometeam is offline
Supporter
 
hometeam's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Jefferson City
Casino cash: $7919
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott free View Post
All of "science" starts out humble, lol... shove that bullcrap back up your outhole.

Don't believe anything besides current understanding until the day you die, go ahead, its a tiresome argument trying to get human beings to understand that they do not have all of the answers to lifes mysteries... not even our smartest minds.

Good night and God bless.
That's just.. not right. :/

You are saying you cant get humans to understand they dont have the answer to lifes mystery, at the same time while asserting that you have the answer.

This thread is about science. Not god damn fairy tales. Now gtfo.
Posts: 5,633
hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:49 PM   #1571
J Diddy J Diddy is offline
One Groovy Cat
 
J Diddy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Pitt State baby
Casino cash: $7920
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott free View Post
This thread is actually fun once I made a conscious effort to get past the scorn... pile it on, boys... knock yourselves out.

Glad you guys are so confident and smart, God bless.
At no point did I assert confidence or intelligence. I said the nature of science is to take us where the evidence points.

With all due respect, sir, it would seem like you came in here with an agenda despite any evidence to the contrary.
Posts: 29,683
J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:49 PM   #1572
Buzz Buzz is offline
This Kool-Aid Tastes Funny
 
Buzz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Blue Springs, MO
Casino cash: $6674
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott free View Post
All of "science" starts out humble, lol... shove that bullcrap back up your outhole.

Don't believe anything besides current understanding until the day you die, go ahead, its a tiresome argument trying to get human beings to understand that they do not have all of the answers to lifes mysteries... not even our smartest minds.

Good night and God bless.
People don't want too see it because we all seek our own understanding.
Posts: 1,734
Buzz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Buzz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Buzz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Buzz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Buzz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Buzz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Buzz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Buzz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Buzz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Buzz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Buzz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:50 PM   #1573
Easy 6 Easy 6 is offline
ask for it by name
 
Easy 6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the goldilocks zone
Casino cash: $14191
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
That's just.. not right. :/

You are saying you cant get humans to understand they dont have the answer to lifes mystery, at the same time while asserting that you have the answer.

This thread is about science. Not god damn fairy tales. Now gtfo.
Never once said I have every answer, just tired of hearing from people who think they do... go sell a car to some unsuspecting schmuck and stop telling me what to do.
Posts: 28,683
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:52 PM   #1574
Easy 6 Easy 6 is offline
ask for it by name
 
Easy 6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the goldilocks zone
Casino cash: $14191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Bull View Post
At no point did I assert confidence or intelligence. I said the nature of science is to take us where the evidence points.

With all due respect, sir, it would seem like you came in here with an agenda despite any evidence to the contrary.
You would be wrong, Nels.

Only tired of everyone else' agenda, not presenting mine as the only one.
Posts: 28,683
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:55 PM   #1575
hometeam hometeam is offline
Supporter
 
hometeam's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Jefferson City
Casino cash: $7919
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott free View Post
Never once said I have every answer, just tired of hearing from people who think they do... go sell a car to some unsuspecting schmuck and stop telling me what to do.
I would rather sell a car to a suspecting schmuck. They are always your best customer. Because science.
Posts: 5,633
hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:47 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.