Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 03:13 PM  
DA_T_84 DA_T_84 is offline
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs
 
DA_T_84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: ATX & OPKS
Casino cash: $8878
VARSITY
Cyrus Gray - 6th Round - RB

thoughts?



Posts: 9,758
DA_T_84 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DA_T_84 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DA_T_84 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DA_T_84 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DA_T_84 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DA_T_84 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DA_T_84 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DA_T_84 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DA_T_84 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DA_T_84 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DA_T_84 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:48 PM   #91
DallasChief DallasChief is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Casino cash: $5000
Only four players in Big 12 history have put up 6,000 career all-purpose yards, and Texas A&M RB Cyrus Gray is one of them.
Posts: 80
DallasChief has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #92
Easy 6 Easy 6 is online now
Fear This Man
 
Easy 6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the goldilocks zone
Casino cash: $26677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post

Overview

Gray is a well-rounded back who can block, run and catch the ball out of the backfield. He has great size and has been productive as a pass catcher throughout his career. He is highly elusive in the open field and understands the nuances of short-to-intermediate routes in the passing game. He is ideal for a screen-heavy team, as he has reliable hands and is patient when waiting for plays to develop. He likes to bounce the ball outside, sometimes too quickly, but he is effective when doing so. There are knocks on his game as an inside runner, which will keep him from getting drafted as an every-down back in the NFL. He does, however, bring value as a returner. Although not explosive, he is effective in this role. Look for him to be selected in the middle rounds.
Analysis

Strengths

Gray is a big and athletic back who hits the hole hard and is elusive for a man of his size. He is one of those natural runners who understands when to weave and when to run with power. He has been highly productive and his style of running with power in his legs makes him a reliable short-yardage option early in his career.

Weaknesses

Gray is not a burner and can have slow feet at times. He usually picks his spots, but he can be hesitant in the backfield. Despite his size, he struggles as a pass protector at times. It takes Gray a few steps to reach full speed, and he won't be a threat to take it the distance at the next level.
EXCELLENT! cant wait to watch the highlight reels, but if this report is close to the mark, he's EXACTLY what i had in mind... a good sized, do it all type... exactly.

The only problem i see so far, is that Cassel will never be able to throw the guy a decent ****ing screen pass.
Posts: 30,568
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #93
the Talking Can the Talking Can is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
the Talking Can's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: street
Casino cash: $9237
love this pick
__________________
Clark Hunt: "Thank god for the Dominican pool boy"
Posts: 49,143
the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #94
suds79 suds79 is offline
MVP
 
suds79's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Casino cash: $5111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post

Overview

Gray is a well-rounded back who can block, run and catch the ball out of the backfield. He has great size and has been productive as a pass catcher throughout his career. He is highly elusive in the open field and understands the nuances of short-to-intermediate routes in the passing game. He is ideal for a screen-heavy team, as he has reliable hands and is patient when waiting for plays to develop. He likes to bounce the ball outside, sometimes too quickly, but he is effective when doing so. There are knocks on his game as an inside runner, which will keep him from getting drafted as an every-down back in the NFL. He does, however, bring value as a returner. Although not explosive, he is effective in this role. Look for him to be selected in the middle rounds.
Analysis

Strengths

Gray is a big and athletic back who hits the hole hard and is elusive for a man of his size. He is one of those natural runners who understands when to weave and when to run with power. He has been highly productive and his style of running with power in his legs makes him a reliable short-yardage option early in his career.

Weaknesses

Gray is not a burner and can have slow feet at times. He usually picks his spots, but he can be hesitant in the backfield. Despite his size, he struggles as a pass protector at times. It takes Gray a few steps to reach full speed, and he won't be a threat to take it the distance at the next level.
Am I missing something? Where is the great size? Isn't he around Jamaal Charles size?

Great size to me is 5'10 225 and up.

If you're around 200, 205, I'd prefer you have a little explosion in your game.
Posts: 5,748
suds79 would the whole thing.suds79 would the whole thing.suds79 would the whole thing.suds79 would the whole thing.suds79 would the whole thing.suds79 would the whole thing.suds79 would the whole thing.suds79 would the whole thing.suds79 would the whole thing.suds79 would the whole thing.suds79 would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #95
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
This seems straight forward to me. Stanzi is the solid #2 going into camp. They aren't going to draft someone who isn't going to beat out Brady Quinn at 3rd string.
I think you've got the #2 and #3 reversed. If Stanzi was the clear number 2, they wouldn't have signed BQ and they would have drafted a new developmental guy.
__________________


"I'll see you guys in New York." ISIS Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to US military personnel upon his release from US custody at Camp Bucca in Iraq during Obama's first year in office.
Posts: 75,744
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #96
Easy 6 Easy 6 is online now
Fear This Man
 
Easy 6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the goldilocks zone
Casino cash: $26677
Between this guy & Wylie, does that pretty much spell the end for DMC?

Its kinda hard to see where he fits now.
Posts: 30,568
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #97
KC Tattoo KC Tattoo is offline
SPOT THE PSYCHO
 
KC Tattoo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ks
Casino cash: $11920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satanic Goat View Post
So you sign a RB if he gets hurt again.

Hillis and Gray is quality depth behind Charles. We don't need to carry 4.
It's going be funny watching McCluster make plays this season. @ YOU.
Posts: 21,723
KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #98
KC Tattoo KC Tattoo is offline
SPOT THE PSYCHO
 
KC Tattoo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ks
Casino cash: $11920
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott free View Post
Between this guy & Wylie, does that pretty much spell the end for DMC?

Its kinda hard to see where he fits now.
McCluster will fit in just fine, if anything this adds good work competition for him prove the ney sayers wrong. I am looking forward to McCluster on the field and busting some moves. McCluster is fun to watch. I also look forward to see what Cyrus Gray has to offer but his time may come later as he won't get much playing time with Crennel wanting rookies to earn there spots.
Posts: 21,723
KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:36 PM   #99
ChiefsNow ChiefsNow is offline
Post Draft free agents WINNING
 
ChiefsNow's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Missoula, Montana
Casino cash: $10395
Good draft.
__________________
Posted via Slingshot using Rocks
Posts: 5,373
ChiefsNow is too fat/Omaha.ChiefsNow is too fat/Omaha.ChiefsNow is too fat/Omaha.ChiefsNow is too fat/Omaha.ChiefsNow is too fat/Omaha.ChiefsNow is too fat/Omaha.ChiefsNow is too fat/Omaha.ChiefsNow is too fat/Omaha.ChiefsNow is too fat/Omaha.ChiefsNow is too fat/Omaha.ChiefsNow is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:46 PM   #100
Easy 6 Easy 6 is online now
Fear This Man
 
Easy 6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the goldilocks zone
Casino cash: $26677
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo View Post
McCluster will fit in just fine, if anything this adds good work competition for him prove the ney sayers wrong. I am looking forward to McCluster on the field and busting some moves. McCluster is fun to watch. I also look forward to see what Cyrus Gray has to offer but his time may come later as he won't get much playing time with Crennel wanting rookies to earn there spots.
Eh, i'm still not sold on where he fits now.

As a Pioli second rounder i think he'll still get his fair shots in camp, but his competition has taken a quantum leap this year, both at rb & whatever/slash kinda receiver.

He may not make it past the summer at this point, imo... but i honestly do think he might yet be a great fit somewhere, he's a late bloomer.
Posts: 30,568
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:50 PM   #101
Three7s Three7s is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Casino cash: $10665
Quote:
Originally Posted by suds79 View Post
Am I missing something? Where is the great size? Isn't he around Jamaal Charles size?

Great size to me is 5'10 225 and up.

If you're around 200, 205, I'd prefer you have a little explosion in your game.
I heard that he ran a 4.45. Not a burner, but he's not Lendale White either.
__________________
E:\AlexGordon1-1.jpg
Posts: 4,256
Three7s Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Three7s Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Three7s Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Three7s Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Three7s Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Three7s Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Three7s Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Three7s Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Three7s Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Three7s Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Three7s Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:13 PM   #102
Fruit Ninja Fruit Ninja is offline
KCXIV
 
Fruit Ninja's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Central Valley, Cali
Casino cash: $15019
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott free View Post
Eh, i'm still not sold on where he fits now.

As a Pioli second rounder i think he'll still get his fair shots in camp, but his competition has taken a quantum leap this year, both at rb & whatever/slash kinda receiver.

He may not make it past the summer at this point, imo... but i honestly do think he might yet be a great fit somewhere, he's a late bloomer.
He's probably just camp fodder. Another runner in case Charles has a set back or anything. Jamaal isnt going to get alot of reps in TC. Then maybe he's off to the practice squad if we dont suffer any injuries.
Posts: 24,627
Fruit Ninja wants to die in a aids tree fire.Fruit Ninja wants to die in a aids tree fire.Fruit Ninja wants to die in a aids tree fire.Fruit Ninja wants to die in a aids tree fire.Fruit Ninja wants to die in a aids tree fire.Fruit Ninja wants to die in a aids tree fire.Fruit Ninja wants to die in a aids tree fire.Fruit Ninja wants to die in a aids tree fire.Fruit Ninja wants to die in a aids tree fire.Fruit Ninja wants to die in a aids tree fire.Fruit Ninja wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:16 PM   #103
O.city O.city is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
O.city's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Casino cash: $18137
I think he was talking about McCluster.
Posts: 31,386
O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #104
Strongside Strongside is offline
Damn, we're in a tight spot.
 
Strongside's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: KC
Casino cash: $12866
Cyrus the Virus.
Posts: 8,949
Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:52 PM   #105
Easy 6 Easy 6 is online now
Fear This Man
 
Easy 6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the goldilocks zone
Casino cash: $26677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja View Post
He's probably just camp fodder. Another runner in case Charles has a set back or anything. Jamaal isnt going to get alot of reps in TC. Then maybe he's off to the practice squad if we dont suffer any injuries.
Yup, whatever it takes to ease Jamaal along.

Gotta keep the Ferrari outta the ditch.
Posts: 30,568
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:26 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.