Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 11:50 AM  
Bump Bump is offline
DMVP
 
Bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Casino cash: $61225
Neighborhood watch captain shoots innocent black youth and doesn't even get arrested

http://news.yahoo.com/family-florida...044537742.html




ORLANDO, Florida (Reuters) - The family of a 17-year-old African-American boy shot to death last month in his gated Florida community by a white Neighborhood Watch captain wants to see the captain arrested, the family's lawyer said on Wednesday.

Trayvon Martin was shot dead after he took a break from watching NBA All-Star game television coverage to walk 10 minutes to a convenience store to buy snacks including Skittles candy requested by his 13-year-old brother, Chad, the family's lawyer Ben Crump said.

"He was a good kid," Crump said in an interview, adding that the family would issue a call for the Watch captain's arrest at a news conference on Thursday. "On his way home, a Neighborhood Watch loose cannon shot and killed him."

[Related: Fla. teen avoids deportation]

Trayvon, who lived in Miami with his mother, had been visiting his father and stepmother in a gated townhome community called The Retreat at Twin Lakes in Sanford, 20 miles north of Orlando.

As Trayvon returned to the townhome, Sanford police received a 911 call reporting a suspicious person.

Although names are blacked out on the police report, Crump and media reports at the time of the shooting identified the caller as George Zimmerman who is listed in the community's newsletter as the Neighborhood Watch captain.

Without waiting for police to arrive, Crump said, Zimmerman confronted Trayvon, who was on the sidewalk near his home. By the time police got there, Trayvon was dead of a single gunshot to the chest.

"What do the police find in his pocket? Skittles," Crump said. "A can of Arizona ice tea in his jacket pocket and Skittles in his front pocket for his brother Chad."

Zimmerman could not be reached for comment on Wednesday evening at a phone number listed for him on the community's newsletter.

Crump said the family was concerned that police might decide to consider the shooting as self defense, and that police have ignored the family's request for a copy of the original 911 call, which they think will shed light on the incidents.

"If the 911 protocol across the country held to form here, they told him not to get involved. He disobeyed that order," said Ryan Julison, a spokesman for the family.

"He (Zimmerman) didn't have to get out of his car," said Crump, who has prepared a public records lawsuit to file on Thursday if the family doesn't get the 911 tape. "If he never gets out of his car, there is no reason for self-defense. Trayvon only has skittles. He has the gun."

Since Trayvon, a high school junior who wanted to be a pilot, was black and Zimmerman is white, Crump said race is "the 600 pound elephant in the room."

"Why is this kid suspicious in the first place? I think a stereotype must have been placed on the kid," Crump said.

(Editing By Cynthia Johnston and Peter Bohan)

Last edited by Bump; 07-12-2013 at 11:19 PM..
Posts: 11,752
Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #271
bevischief bevischief is online now
....
 
bevischief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Dakota
Casino cash: $1018282734
Why the hell is the neighbor hood watch armed?
__________________
Posts: 23,568
bevischief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.bevischief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.bevischief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.bevischief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.bevischief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.bevischief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.bevischief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.bevischief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.bevischief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.bevischief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.bevischief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #272
carlos3652 carlos3652 is offline
El Diablo
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Casino cash: $27333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguy View Post
So you're assuming he didn't say that ?
He could have. I'm not assuming anything other than poor judgement used by both of them.
Posts: 4,223
carlos3652 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.carlos3652 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.carlos3652 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.carlos3652 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.carlos3652 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.carlos3652 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.carlos3652 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.carlos3652 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.carlos3652 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.carlos3652 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.carlos3652 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #273
Thatguy Thatguy is offline
I BRAUGHT THE BOOZE
 
Thatguy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: KU VILLE
Casino cash: $33577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna View Post
What's up guy!? It's cool how you don't like my way of thinking when I'm taking the deceased's side. But that doesn't matter right? Because you think I should act a certain way because we are the same race. OOOOOK bro. Again this thread should be over because the deceased was 17 and the murderer is 25. You let a ****ing 17 yr old kid beat the crap out of you? Or do you all think that since he's black, he's by default 6'3" 170. So the white guy didn't stand a chance. **** that, and **** anyone trying to make up some bullshit scenario where he isn't a murderer. If this guy doesn't get thrown in prison, Obama will be all over this shit, count on that!
I just like giving you shit. I dont really dislike you. ( dap ) I will chill out on the name calling. I apologize and sorry for the pm...(dap) cool ?
__________________
2011 CHIEFSPLANT NOOB OF THE YEAR...OFFICIAL LIKE A MOTHER****ER, AND I DARE YOU TO SAY DIFFERENT
Posts: 2,538
Thatguy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThatguy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThatguy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThatguy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThatguy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThatguy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThatguy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThatguy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThatguy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThatguy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThatguy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #274
pr_capone pr_capone is offline
** *- -- -- *
 
pr_capone's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aguadilla
Casino cash: $162955093
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
The guy has a brother named Chad, how hard could he be?
half brother?
Posts: 18,345
pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:25 PM   #275
Al Bundy Al Bundy is online now
Damnit Peg
 
Al Bundy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $111872
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos3652 View Post
Well he had a bloody nose and grass stains - there is a reason he wasn't arrested yet, his statement made sense at the time of the incident.
I would almost bet the shooter pulled the gun first, other kid didn't want to get shot because he feared for his life and thought he might be fighting for his life.
__________________

Posts: 12,114
Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:25 PM   #276
carlos3652 carlos3652 is offline
El Diablo
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Casino cash: $27333
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstater View Post
Since when is a bloody nose a reason to shoot someone?

Only 2 facts we know in this: Guy walking home, guy gets shot.
I didnt say it was, there is reasonable doubt - thats all im saying. Im not defending anyone.
Posts: 4,223
carlos3652 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.carlos3652 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.carlos3652 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.carlos3652 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.carlos3652 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.carlos3652 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.carlos3652 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.carlos3652 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.carlos3652 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.carlos3652 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.carlos3652 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:25 PM   #277
blaise blaise is online now
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Plano, TX
Casino cash: $9657403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguy View Post
When I run across people on the internet who I think are "imbeciles" I generally ignore them. Why do you feel the need to follow me around and insult me ? I don't agree with me that's cool, but don't be a child about it.
Dude, you're the spaz that started like 3 threads about me in DC and used to post all kinds of garbage like, "SHOTGUN IN YOUR MOUTH! DO IT! DO IT!" to people. What are you talking about, don't be a child?
You post the same moronic stuff over and over. "White people= racist". Then some bullcrap about people hating Obama. You're a moron.
Like someone said, if you want to spaz the place up with some Obama crap take it to DC.
Posts: 19,472
blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:26 PM   #278
carlos3652 carlos3652 is offline
El Diablo
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Casino cash: $27333
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF Knight View Post
I would almost bet the shooter pulled the gun first, other kid didn't want to get shot because he feared for his life and thought he might be fighting for his life.
Again, we cant assume anything as there is no proof. Who knows what happened. The only story we will hear is the guy thats still alive..
Posts: 4,223
carlos3652 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.carlos3652 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.carlos3652 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.carlos3652 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.carlos3652 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.carlos3652 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.carlos3652 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.carlos3652 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.carlos3652 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.carlos3652 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.carlos3652 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #279
Al Bundy Al Bundy is online now
Damnit Peg
 
Al Bundy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $111872
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos3652 View Post
Again, we cant assume anything as there is no proof. Who knows what happened. The only story we will hear is the guy thats still alive..
Exactly... I guess the shooter will get away with it.
__________________

Posts: 12,114
Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #280
Lurk Lurk is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Casino cash: $3242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguy View Post
Yeah......because two hot heads pulling over and arguing is just like some NHW stopping some random kid because he is black and in the "wrong neighborhood."
My point was the end result, dipshit. If the kid attacked the man, whatever the cause, and if the man reacted by pulling his gun and shooting because he feared for his life....

Don't know the whole story obviously so there are a lot of ifs.
Posts: 47
Lurk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Lurk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Lurk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Lurk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Lurk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Lurk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #281
Setsuna Setsuna is offline
Ronin
 
Setsuna's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Gator Country
Casino cash: $138972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguy View Post
I just like giving you shit. I dont really dislike you. ( dap ) I will chill out on the name calling. I apologize and sorry for the pm...(dap) cool ?
Lose the dap and we'll call it a truce.
__________________
RESOLVE
Posts: 10,007
Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #282
Fish Fish is online now
Missing Dick Curl
 
Fish's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $2113560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguy View Post
Because some folks think Obama being president means the end of racism. So of course this wasn't a racist guy overacting to a black kid , because Obama is in office....the black kid had to of done something...bottom line..its Obama`s fault
... yeah... when he got elected, me and all my friends got together for a big "No More Racism Y'all" party. There was much laughing and partying, because ending racism was the very first thing that every person thought of.. There was even a black guy at the party. However, he wasn't drinking because he was serving food. But still, we were all having a great unracist time celebrating equality.
__________________
Posts: 24,605
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #283
Lbedrock1 Lbedrock1 is offline
Iron Giant
 
Lbedrock1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Conyers, Ga
Casino cash: $10733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
As a matter of fact, they do. Gated communities are typically private property.
You are wrong they have a right to call the police not to acost people unless they own the whole nieghborhood or the kid was own the part he owned. He did not own the whole nieghborhood.
__________________
Posts: 555
Lbedrock1 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLbedrock1 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLbedrock1 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLbedrock1 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLbedrock1 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLbedrock1 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLbedrock1 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLbedrock1 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLbedrock1 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLbedrock1 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLbedrock1 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #284
pr_capone pr_capone is offline
** *- -- -- *
 
pr_capone's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aguadilla
Casino cash: $162955093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
My point was the end result, dipshit. If the kid attacked the man, whatever the cause, and if the man reacted by pulling his gun and shooting because he feared for his life....

Don't know the whole story obviously so there are a lot of ifs.
I love it when Lurk posts.

It is like getting a little present.
Posts: 18,345
pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #285
kstater kstater is offline
Custom User Title
 
kstater's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Casino cash: $10475519
I hate to argue this. But, if a white kid was walking down the street, got shot dead by a black guy asking him who he was, would the black guy be still free if his story was he feared for his life?
Posts: 32,604
kstater is too fat/Omaha.kstater is too fat/Omaha.kstater is too fat/Omaha.kstater is too fat/Omaha.kstater is too fat/Omaha.kstater is too fat/Omaha.kstater is too fat/Omaha.kstater is too fat/Omaha.kstater is too fat/Omaha.kstater is too fat/Omaha.kstater is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.