Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 08:18 PM  
KcMizzou KcMizzou is offline
Supporter
 
KcMizzou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Parkville MO
Casino cash: $120287826
***The Official MMA Thread***

Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
Posts: 54,685
KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:10 PM   #1246
Pants Pants is offline
Time Keeps On Slipping
 
Pants's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $1374505
__________________
ZootedGranny:

"That's the reason my FFL team name is TrentGreenLeadBlock. When you see this mother****er coming around the corner on a block, put your children to bed and batten down the hatch on your girl's snatch, because the same power that destroys defenders can scar the minds of the youth and simultaneously impregnate any woman within sight, live or on television."
Posts: 23,932
Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:13 PM   #1247
WebGem WebGem is offline
COYS
 
WebGem's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: NYC/Toronto/Mexico
Casino cash: $73290
I can't wait to show my kids my Fedor career DVD set
__________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/bmifsud
Posts: 7,010
WebGem is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.WebGem is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.WebGem is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.WebGem is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.WebGem is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.WebGem is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:23 PM   #1248
Pants Pants is offline
Time Keeps On Slipping
 
Pants's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $1374505
It felt so terrible watching him get hammer-fisted by that ****ing Neanderthal and not being able to do anything because the dude is just simply too big. ****ing stupid, man. **** it.
__________________
ZootedGranny:

"That's the reason my FFL team name is TrentGreenLeadBlock. When you see this mother****er coming around the corner on a block, put your children to bed and batten down the hatch on your girl's snatch, because the same power that destroys defenders can scar the minds of the youth and simultaneously impregnate any woman within sight, live or on television."
Posts: 23,932
Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:22 AM   #1249
Fruit Ninja Fruit Ninja is offline
KCXIV
 
Fruit Ninja's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Central Valley, Cali
Casino cash: $622514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post
It felt so terrible watching him get hammer-fisted by that ****ing Neanderthal and not being able to do anything because the dude is just simply too big. ****ing stupid, man. **** it.
So far from the Fedor fights i have seen, all he does is try t o swing wildly and hope his amazing power lands flush. I havent seen all his fights, maybe about 4-5 of them. I dont see whats so amazing about this dude other then his amazing haymaker power. He got ****ing manhandled. Everyone predicted the same thing with Brock and Cain, but Cain actually know how to do other things besides throw a punch.


I know Brock isnt the best, but he's still a behemoth of a man and can smother you just like this other cat did to Fedor. I just didnt see any ground game at all for Fedor. ONce he was down he was pretty much stuck there.

He got his ****ing ass beat.
Posts: 23,117
Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:10 AM   #1250
CoMoChief CoMoChief is offline
The Revolution Has Begun
 
CoMoChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: KCMO
Casino cash: $145924
Brock would eat Fedor.
Posts: 30,637
CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:10 AM   #1251
BigCatDaddy BigCatDaddy is offline
Kicking Ass and Chewing Bubble
 
BigCatDaddy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: St. Joseph
Casino cash: $1060399
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv View Post
So far from the Fedor fights i have seen, all he does is try t o swing wildly and hope his amazing power lands flush. I havent seen all his fights, maybe about 4-5 of them. I dont see whats so amazing about this dude other then his amazing haymaker power. He got ****ing manhandled. Everyone predicted the same thing with Brock and Cain, but Cain actually know how to do other things besides throw a punch.


I know Brock isnt the best, but he's still a behemoth of a man and can smother you just like this other cat did to Fedor. I just didnt see any ground game at all for Fedor. ONce he was down he was pretty much stuck there.

He got his ****ing ass beat.
Fedor is aged and slipping a bit. Buy guys are so much bigger, faster, stronger and better then they were when Fedor dominated the HW ranks in Pride for so many years, especially in the HW division. Those guys willl always be legends, but MMA is such a young sport the evolving of the fighters is going to happend quite a bit over the next few decades. MMA in the 90's was basically the peach tree basket time period of the NBA.

In the future I'm not sure guys like GSP and Anderson Silva are all that special and if not what an exciting sport it's going to be.
__________________
"I voiced my opinion and announced I was forced to suck my babysitter's son's cock" - Red Guerilla (BlackBob) (Now known as CallMeSquidward).
Posts: 12,168
BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:31 AM   #1252
TheGuardian TheGuardian is offline
MVP
 
TheGuardian's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Casino cash: $74643
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMoChief View Post
Brock would eat Fedor.
You are a ****ing moron and always have been.

Brock would cower like the little pussy pillowbitergot bitch that he is once he got hit. Just like he did against Cain and Carwin.

God damn you're a ****ing moron.
Posts: 7,481
TheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:34 AM   #1253
TheGuardian TheGuardian is offline
MVP
 
TheGuardian's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Casino cash: $74643
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv View Post
So far from the Fedor fights i have seen, all he does is try t o swing wildly and hope his amazing power lands flush. I havent seen all his fights, maybe about 4-5 of them. I dont see whats so amazing about this dude other then his amazing haymaker power. He got ****ing manhandled. Everyone predicted the same thing with Brock and Cain, but Cain actually know how to do other things besides throw a punch.


I know Brock isnt the best, but he's still a behemoth of a man and can smother you just like this other cat did to Fedor. I just didnt see any ground game at all for Fedor. ONce he was down he was pretty much stuck there.

He got his ****ing ass beat.
Fedor is also 34 and has fought wars. Everyone starts to slip at some point and more than anything he is declining.

Second, the guy that just beat Fedor is a BJJ black belt. Not a wrestler. Fedor's two losses have come against BJJ guys, not wrestlers.

Brock Lesnar is a joke. He guy is a pussy that can't take a hit and runs like a bitch, literally, when he gets hit. Fedor would stlil own his ass easily. The guy that just beat Fedor is a top notch ground game guy. He wasn't simply laying on Fedor if you actually understand what you are watching.
Posts: 7,481
TheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:40 AM   #1254
BigCatDaddy BigCatDaddy is offline
Kicking Ass and Chewing Bubble
 
BigCatDaddy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: St. Joseph
Casino cash: $1060399
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuardian View Post
Fedor is also 34 and has fought wars. Everyone starts to slip at some point and more than anything he is declining.

Second, the guy that just beat Fedor is a BJJ black belt. Not a wrestler. Fedor's two losses have come against BJJ guys, not wrestlers.

Brock Lesnar is a joke. He guy is a pussy that can't take a hit and runs like a bitch, literally, when he gets hit. Fedor would stlil own his ass easily. The guy that just beat Fedor is a top notch ground game guy. He wasn't simply laying on Fedor if you actually understand what you are watching.
With the size of Silva's melon, due to that disease, I'm not sure that guy can be put to sleep either. That's almost not fair.
__________________
"I voiced my opinion and announced I was forced to suck my babysitter's son's cock" - Red Guerilla (BlackBob) (Now known as CallMeSquidward).
Posts: 12,168
BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:47 AM   #1255
RNR RNR is offline
Anybody got a light?
 
RNR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Close to the big pond~
Casino cash: $35523
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuardian View Post
Fedor is also 34 and has fought wars. Everyone starts to slip at some point and more than anything he is declining.

Second, the guy that just beat Fedor is a BJJ black belt. Not a wrestler. Fedor's two losses have come against BJJ guys, not wrestlers.

Brock Lesnar is a joke. He guy is a pussy that can't take a hit and runs like a bitch, literally, when he gets hit. Fedor would stlil own his ass easily. The guy that just beat Fedor is a top notch ground game guy. He wasn't simply laying on Fedor if you actually understand what you are watching.
I gave you a hard time because I thought you just had a hate for Lesnar. After seeing his last fight he was blowing air in the first round. You were right he was way overrated~
__________________

"If its true that our species is alone in the universe, then Id have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little"
George Carlin~
Posts: 23,971
RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:54 AM   #1256
TheGuardian TheGuardian is offline
MVP
 
TheGuardian's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Casino cash: $74643
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
With the size of Silva's melon, due to that disease, I'm not sure that guy can be put to sleep either. That's almost not fair.
No kidding! Fedor hit him with shots that have put a lot of guys to sleep and just, nothing.

I think the Reem will do it though if he gets past WErdum.


Quote:
I gave you a hard time because I thought you just had a hate for Lesnar. After seeing his last fight he was blowing air in the first round. You were right he was way overrated~
I had no reason to hate on Brock other than the fact that people were jumping up and down on his dick when the guy had beaten tomato cans and done nothing but lay on top of them to do it. You could see that his stand up was atrocious and that his whole game plan was just built around bullying. When his shoot was stuffed, as it was by Carwin and Cain, he literally had nothing to go back to. As 1 dimensional of a fighter as a guy could be. Shoulda been easy for people with a trained fighting eye to spot.

But o wait, I'm the "fake" MMA guy so I know nothing. (that's not at you btw).
Posts: 7,481
TheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:03 AM   #1257
RNR RNR is offline
Anybody got a light?
 
RNR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Close to the big pond~
Casino cash: $35523
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuardian View Post
I had no reason to hate on Brock other than the fact that people were jumping up and down on his dick when the guy had beaten tomato cans and done nothing but lay on top of them to do it. You could see that his stand up was atrocious and that his whole game plan was just built around bullying. When his shoot was stuffed, as it was by Carwin and Cain, he literally had nothing to go back to. As 1 dimensional of a fighter as a guy could be. Shoulda been easy for people with a trained fighting eye to spot.

But o wait, I'm the "fake" MMA guy so I know nothing. (that's not at you btw).
I am still new to MMA and I have yet to see any MMA fighter with great stand up. I wrestled and boxed and did some kick boxing. It was a very raw version of what these guys are doing now. Lesnar seemed very quick for a guy his size and I thought he might get away with bulldoging until his stand up developed. It has become clear I missed my judgement on him~
__________________

"If its true that our species is alone in the universe, then Id have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little"
George Carlin~
Posts: 23,971
RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:07 AM   #1258
CoMoChief CoMoChief is offline
The Revolution Has Begun
 
CoMoChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: KCMO
Casino cash: $145924
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuardian View Post
You are a ****ing moron and always have been.

Brock would cower like the little pussy pillowbitergot bitch that he is once he got hit. Just like he did against Cain and Carwin.

God damn you're a ****ing moron.
Brock defended himself against Carwin...came back...and won. We've all seen fighters get badly beaten a LOT worse than what Carwin did to Lesnar in the first rd of UFC116.

Not saying he won't lose to Cain again....Cain is a great fighter....Brock should beat Dos Santos though if he can get it to the ground.

But Fedor sucks now....thats obvious. The fighters are just simply bigger, stronger, more athletic and just overall better now.
Posts: 30,637
CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:11 AM   #1259
TheGuardian TheGuardian is offline
MVP
 
TheGuardian's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Casino cash: $74643
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider View Post
I am still new to MMA and I have yet to see any MMA fighter with great stand up. I wrestled and boxed and did some kick boxing. It was a very raw version of what these guys are doing now. Lesnar seemed very quick for a guy his size and I thought he might get away with bulldoging until his stand up developed. It has become clear I missed my judgement on him~
Well great stand up in MMA might look different than what you think it might. Because a stand up guy still has to be aware of the shoot, so he can't just stand straight up and bang. Second, guys are generally a combination of boxing and kickboxing so they sort of develop their own style of stand up with those disciplines.

But there are tons of guys with great stand up so maybe you need to just watch more. Rampage, Shogun, A. Silva, etc. It's a shame that Arlovski just can't take a punch anymore because in his prime his hands were unreal. Fun to watch because for a 245 pound guy he was super fast with his strikes and very technically proficient.

Poor Andrei. Dude has to retire. 4 losses and all with him getting his ass beat.
Posts: 7,481
TheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTheGuardian 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:19 AM   #1260
RNR RNR is offline
Anybody got a light?
 
RNR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Close to the big pond~
Casino cash: $35523
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuardian View Post
Well great stand up in MMA might look different than what you think it might. Because a stand up guy still has to be aware of the shoot, so he can't just stand straight up and bang. Second, guys are generally a combination of boxing and kickboxing so they sort of develop their own style of stand up with those disciplines.

But there are tons of guys with great stand up so maybe you need to just watch more. Rampage, Shogun, A. Silva, etc. It's a shame that Arlovski just can't take a punch anymore because in his prime his hands were unreal. Fun to watch because for a 245 pound guy he was super fast with his strikes and very technically proficient.

Poor Andrei. Dude has to retire. 4 losses and all with him getting his ass beat.
I understand it is different and maybe I am used to watching boxers who only defend against fists. I am amazed there are not people killed in MMA. They put pillows on boxers hands for a reason. Men still get killed from time to time~
__________________

"If its true that our species is alone in the universe, then Id have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little"
George Carlin~
Posts: 23,971
RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.