Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge > Media Center

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2007, 11:31 PM  
irishjayhawk irishjayhawk is offline
Feelin' Alright
 
irishjayhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Casino cash: $5000
Movies

Yeah, so I saw a lot of movies this weekend.

Elizabeth: The Golden Age - Mediocre, at best. Slow and dragged on. Shorten it to 2 hours and it's golden. It's not, so it fails.

Michael Clayton - Amazing. Everything about it is awesome. However, it's VERY complex and mind bending. You have to think, so be prepared. I still feel like I'm missing key details of exactly what happened. Gotta see it again.

Across the Universe - Perfect is one word that comes to mind. It just works. And, contrary to many people I bet, the movie is best viewed sober. Trust me.
Posts: 16,887
irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
 
Old 11-13-2008, 11:03 AM   #1081
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
MVP
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $7705
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan View Post
I heard that too, I'm sure within a few years it will be a punchline on par with Gigli

Why do production companies do this to themselves??

Take for instance, the great instant classic, Disaster Movie. Who green lit that trainwreck?

Who initially thinks these will make money? They made 10 Million less than their budget!
My guess is those flicks are very cheap to make. Plus, they make a ton of money back on DVD even if they flop at the theater.
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 49,765
Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
 
Old 11-13-2008, 01:50 PM   #1082
PhillyChiefFan PhillyChiefFan is offline
Veteran
 
PhillyChiefFan's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Casino cash: $5437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
My guess is those flicks are very cheap to make. Plus, they make a ton of money back on DVD even if they flop at the theater.
True about the DVD. But I read on IMDB that the movie cost 25 Million to make on only made 14 in the theaters.

But your right about the DVD sales, they probably make up for the lost revenue at the movies.
Posts: 3,294
PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
 
Old 11-13-2008, 01:55 PM   #1083
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Band
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan View Post
True about the DVD. But I read on IMDB that the movie cost 25 Million to make on only made 14 in the theaters.

But your right about the DVD sales, they probably make up for the lost revenue at the movies.
DVD sales generate roughly twice the box office gross. In many cases, it's far more (Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery being a prime example).
Posts: 48,886
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 11-13-2008, 02:03 PM
PhillyChiefFan
This message has been deleted by PhillyChiefFan.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:04 PM   #1084
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
MVP
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $7705
I expect The Dark Knight DVD sales to go through the roof in a few weeks.
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 49,765
Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
 
Old 11-13-2008, 02:04 PM   #1085
PhillyChiefFan PhillyChiefFan is offline
Veteran
 
PhillyChiefFan's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Casino cash: $5437
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
DVD sales generate roughly twice the box office gross. In many cases, it's far more (Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery being a prime example).
Guess that's how cult classics start.
Posts: 3,294
PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
 
Old 11-13-2008, 02:05 PM   #1086
PhillyChiefFan PhillyChiefFan is offline
Veteran
 
PhillyChiefFan's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Casino cash: $5437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
I expect The Dark Knight DVD sales to go through the roof in a few weeks.
I'll be buying it, and Iron Man. I don't buy that many movies, but I just really liked both of them.
Posts: 3,294
PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
 
Old 11-13-2008, 02:07 PM   #1087
irishjayhawk irishjayhawk is offline
Feelin' Alright
 
irishjayhawk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan View Post
Guess that's how cult classics start.
It's also why I think you'll start to see television networks greenlight multiple seasons at a time. DVD usually means that a show will catch on post-cancellation. This indicates two things: people will love shows regardless of their "ratings" while they ran and they can make boat loads of money after the run of the show.

I think the television industry has yet to catch on to that.
__________________
"Think about how stupid the average person is. Then remember that half the people in the world are stupider than that." --George Carlin
Posts: 16,887
irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
 
Old 11-13-2008, 02:14 PM   #1088
PhillyChiefFan PhillyChiefFan is offline
Veteran
 
PhillyChiefFan's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Casino cash: $5437
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishjayhawk View Post
It's also why I think you'll start to see television networks greenlight multiple seasons at a time. DVD usually means that a show will catch on post-cancellation. This indicates two things: people will love shows regardless of their "ratings" while they ran and they can make boat loads of money after the run of the show.

I think the television industry has yet to catch on to that.
I have noticed that even in shows that I had long forgotten and had no desire to watch again, I saw Full House on the shelves at Best Buy. I just can't believe that there are THAT many people out there that would purchase all seasons of Full House.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the DVD sales part of the reason for the return of Family Guy though??
Posts: 3,294
PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.PhillyChiefFan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
 
Old 11-13-2008, 02:16 PM   #1089
irishjayhawk irishjayhawk is offline
Feelin' Alright
 
irishjayhawk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan View Post
I have noticed that even in shows that I had long forgotten and had no desire to watch again, I saw Full House on the shelves at Best Buy. I just can't believe that there are THAT many people out there that would purchase all seasons of Full House.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the DVD sales part of the reason for the return of Family Guy though??
Yes. It's also why Arrested Development's movie, if it ever happens, as well as a Veronica Mars movie, will kill at the box office. It's thanks to the DVDs. Because the networks cancelled both.

DVDs make it extremely obvious to people if a network is dumb. Just take AD, VM, Firefly, and countless others. They weren't viewed as mistakes by the station until the dvds were released.
__________________
"Think about how stupid the average person is. Then remember that half the people in the world are stupider than that." --George Carlin
Posts: 16,887
irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
 
Old 11-15-2008, 05:51 PM   #1090
OnTheWarpath58 OnTheWarpath58 is offline
37 FOREVER
 
OnTheWarpath58's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $5960
I ran a search of the thread, but it came back with no responses...

Has anyone seen Transsiberian?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800241/

92% at Rotten Tomatoes, I picked it up at Blockbuster tonight to watch with the wife over some Chinese food.

Anyone?
Posts: 49,766
OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 11-16-2008, 11:51 AM   #1091
mikeyis4dcats. mikeyis4dcats. is offline
Scarlett Johansson's boytoy
 
mikeyis4dcats.'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Casino cash: $5971
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 View Post
I ran a search of the thread, but it came back with no responses...

Has anyone seen Transsiberian?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800241/

92% at Rotten Tomatoes, I picked it up at Blockbuster tonight to watch with the wife over some Chinese food.

Anyone?
saw it last week, but i was a bit underwhelmed given the RT score
Posts: 9,646
mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
 
Old 11-16-2008, 06:25 PM   #1092
Miles Miles is offline
MVP
 
Miles's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Casino cash: $7252
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 View Post
I ran a search of the thread, but it came back with no responses...

Has anyone seen Transsiberian?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800241/

92% at Rotten Tomatoes, I picked it up at Blockbuster tonight to watch with the wife over some Chinese food.

Anyone?
I watched it a few days ago and thought it was a pretty solid thriller. Well worth a watch.
Posts: 12,284
Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
 
Old 11-18-2008, 12:48 PM   #1093
Sure-Oz Sure-Oz is offline
Stay positive, don't give up
 
Sure-Oz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Kansas City, MO
Casino cash: $5782
Anyone buy Wall-E or Tropic Thunder on Blu-Ray today?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
Sure-Oz could ****ing track anyone in the country via Twitter. Dude makes me scared to leave the house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
.
Sure-Oz in this mother****er. Resident Tweet master and maligned Royals fan.
Posts: 40,203
Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
 
Old 11-18-2008, 01:15 PM   #1094
Fried Meat Ball! Fried Meat Ball! is offline
Cast Iron Jedi
 
Fried Meat Ball!'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Casino cash: $6867
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go-Oz View Post
Anyone buy Wall-E or Tropic Thunder on Blu-Ray today?
I'll probably pick up Wall*E on BluRay before I head home. Will rent Tropic Thunder.
Posts: 23,226
Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 11-18-2008, 01:17 PM   #1095
Sure-Oz Sure-Oz is offline
Stay positive, don't give up
 
Sure-Oz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Kansas City, MO
Casino cash: $5782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
I'll probably pick up Wall*E on BluRay before I head home. Will rent Tropic Thunder.
There is a 2 disc and 3 disc version for bluray of Wall-E.

I got the 2 disc its $26.99 at best buy, the 3 disc is $29.99 and comes iwth a digital copy too.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
Sure-Oz could ****ing track anyone in the country via Twitter. Dude makes me scared to leave the house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
.
Sure-Oz in this mother****er. Resident Tweet master and maligned Royals fan.
Posts: 40,203
Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.