Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Hall of Classics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2006, 10:07 AM  
Clint in Wichita Clint in Wichita is offline
Veteran
 
Clint in Wichita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $5000
Online flirting

Is online flirting, when you know your S.O. disapproves, OK because you "are only flirting online and not in the real world"?

My opinion (surprise, surprise) is that it's not OK, period. It's said to be OK because it's not face-to-face, and online it's just fun and games.

I call bull****. People meet online friends in person all the time. They even meet their future spouses online. The "it's only online" argument is bogus.

I would also imagine that many of those who feel it's OK would be less than eager to have their own S.O.s discover their activity.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Clint in Wichita; 01-23-2006 at 03:25 PM..
Posts: 4,458
Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:26 PM   #91
BIG_DADDY BIG_DADDY is offline
THE RED MENACE
 
BIG_DADDY's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: San Mateo, CA 94401
Casino cash: $5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint in Wichita
No, I'm saying her sexuality is not related to the topic at hand.
Of course it is. You post a subject everyone knows is personal and keep it from being so even though it involves members of the board. Then you want to speak in vague generalities.

1. It isn't appropriate (what isn't appropriate? What's going over the line?)
2. Her sexuality doesn't matter (of course it does flirting is all about sexuality)
3. Your barking up the wrong tree. (how so?)
4. Men just want to **** women that flirt with them (Funny I thought men just want to **** all good looking women I didn't know flirtation was a prerequesite.

If you have a good looking women it comes down to a matter of trust as multiple guys are trying to hit that every day. Other than that it is kind of hard to seriously address you when you keep hiding under the covers trying not to expose yourself on the subject.
__________________
Posts: 29,633
BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:30 PM   #92
Clint in Wichita Clint in Wichita is offline
Veteran
 
Clint in Wichita's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY
Of course it is. You post a subject everyone knows is personal and keep it from being so even though it involves members of the board. Then you want to speak in vague generalities.

1. It isn't appropriate (what isn't appropriate? What's going over the line?)
2. Her sexuality doesn't matter (of course it does flirting is all about sexuality)
3. Your barking up the wrong tree. (how so?)
4. Men just want to **** women that flirt with them (Funny I thought men just want to **** all good looking women I didn't know flirtation was a prerequesite.

If you have a good looking women it comes down to a matter of trust as multiple guys are trying to hit that every day. Other than that it is kind of hard to seriously address you when you keep hiding under the covers trying not to expose yourself on the subject.
My original post just asked for the others' opinions on online flirting.

I don't know why any of my personal information would be relevant.
__________________
I think they should hand out fudge at communion...so you can have the body of Christ with or without nuts.
Posts: 4,458
Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:24 PM   #93
BIG_DADDY BIG_DADDY is offline
THE RED MENACE
 
BIG_DADDY's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: San Mateo, CA 94401
Casino cash: $5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint in Wichita
My original post just asked for the others' opinions on online flirting.

I don't know why any of my personal information would be relevant.
Because it's the only thing that is relevant and is why you posted this thread and everybody knows it. You want to make it a non-personal issue to feel more comfortable OK. Bottom line is the woman who has a man upset because she flirts online owns him and she knows it. The problem isn't the computer or the guys online either. The problem comes down to being owned and the women becoming board with her relationship because of it. The chase is over she already has his papers. Where is the excitement there? Many guys don't know this but ask a woman and if she is honest will tell you this is the absolute truth. In a relationship it is the womans job to take control of the relationship and it is the mans job to make sure that never takes place. The reason for this is if she ever takes control and he lets her she loses attraction BIG TIME. Women want what they can't have or a least something that still remains a challenge. She may still stay in the relationship but it's not a relationship worth having IMO. The question isn't whether you personally think it is right or wrong. The question is what are you going to do about it? Bitching to all your buddies on the BB she posts on isn't going to do it rest assured. That is a total wussy move and if there is anything in the world more unattractive to a woman than being a wussyman I don't know what it is. Maybe some guy that smells funny or something. I could tell you what to do but you probably wouldn't listen, you never have before.
__________________
Posts: 29,633
BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:27 PM   #94
Katipan Katipan is offline
MER
 
Katipan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Colorado
Casino cash: $5445
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY
The problem comes down to being owned and the women becoming board with her relationship because of it. The chase is over she already has his papers. Where is the excitement there? Many guys don't know this but ask a woman and if she is honest will tell you this is the absolute truth. In a relationship it is the womans job to take control of the relationship and it is the mans job to make sure that never takes place. The reason for this is if she ever takes control and he lets her she loses attraction BIG TIME. Women want what they can't have or a least something that still remains a challenge. She may still stay in the relationship but it's not a relationship worth having IMO.
It's so sickeningly true.

I don't know why men date us.
__________________
"I'd rather you hate me for everything I am.
Than have you love me for something that I can't."
Posts: 11,429
Katipan is too fat/Omaha.Katipan is too fat/Omaha.Katipan is too fat/Omaha.Katipan is too fat/Omaha.Katipan is too fat/Omaha.Katipan is too fat/Omaha.Katipan is too fat/Omaha.Katipan is too fat/Omaha.Katipan is too fat/Omaha.Katipan is too fat/Omaha.Katipan is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:29 PM   #95
Fruit Ninja Fruit Ninja is offline
KCXIV
 
Fruit Ninja's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Central Valley, Cali
Casino cash: $5602
Its wrong if your with a significant other, becuase that shit can turn out to be much much more then just internet flirting.

Its not a bad thing one of my best friends is a chick i have met from a chat room back in like 1996. She comes down to visit every so often. Hell, once she brought her friend with her, and me and her friend hooked up nd ated for a while, before i ****ed it all up. Should have kept her, she was so damn nice. Oh well, mistakes people make. lol
Posts: 23,191
Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:33 PM   #96
ENDelt260 ENDelt260 is offline
Let's all go down to...
 
ENDelt260's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: 92107
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mer
It's so sickeningly true.

I don't know why men date us.
It's easier than fetching my own beers from the fridge.
__________________
Posts: 59,095
ENDelt260 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ENDelt260 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ENDelt260 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ENDelt260 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ENDelt260 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ENDelt260 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ENDelt260 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ENDelt260 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:35 PM   #97
Lurch Lurch is offline
You rang?
 
Lurch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Greenbriar, USA
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mer
It's so sickeningly true.

I don't know why men date us.
Two words: Keegle excercises

They keep us coming back.
__________________
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -- Benjamin Franklin
Posts: 1,538
Lurch is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Lurch is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Lurch is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Lurch is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Lurch is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Lurch is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:36 PM   #98
Iowanian Iowanian is offline
Besides, big day tomorrow
 
Iowanian's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Utopia
Casino cash: $5619
There is a simple answer to your query, Mer.

Its because while women have half the brains....they have ALL the cooter.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC native View Post
I said I'm an expert dickrider.
Posts: 49,707
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:38 PM   #99
Inspector Inspector is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: K.C.
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mer
Dear Lord.

I don't even care if my man flirts with the waitress bringing our beer. Much less some lonely girl on the internet.
I think I love you.

Oh wait, is that flirting???
Posts: 6,387
Inspector has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Inspector has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Inspector has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Inspector has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Inspector has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Inspector has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Inspector has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Inspector has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Inspector has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Inspector has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Inspector has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:39 PM   #100
scooter scooter is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
An argument isn't just contradiction. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition. Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes.
If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another five minutes.
__________________
--
scooter
Posts: 472
scooter is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.scooter is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:40 PM   #101
Clint in Wichita Clint in Wichita is offline
Veteran
 
Clint in Wichita's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY
Because it's the only thing that is relevant and is why you posted this thread and everybody knows it. You want to make it a non-personal issue to feel more comfortable OK. Bottom line is the woman who has a man upset because she flirts online owns him and she knows it. The problem isn't the computer or the guys online either. The problem comes down to being owned and the women becoming board with her relationship because of it. The chase is over she already has his papers. Where is the excitement there? Many guys don't know this but ask a woman and if she is honest will tell you this is the absolute truth. In a relationship it is the womans job to take control of the relationship and it is the mans job to make sure that never takes place. The reason for this is if she ever takes control and he lets her she loses attraction BIG TIME. Women want what they can't have or a least something that still remains a challenge. She may still stay in the relationship but it's not a relationship worth having IMO. The question isn't whether you personally think it is right or wrong. The question is what are you going to do about it? Bitching to all your buddies on the BB she posts on isn't going to do it rest assured. That is a total wussy move and if there is anything in the world more unattractive to a woman than being a wussyman I don't know what it is. Maybe some guy that smells funny or something. I could tell you what to do but you probably wouldn't listen, you never have before.
Women (men too) who need a "chase" simply need to grow up.

BTW, I never did get your opinion on online flirting...
__________________
I think they should hand out fudge at communion...so you can have the body of Christ with or without nuts.
Posts: 4,458
Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:43 PM   #102
Lurch Lurch is offline
You rang?
 
Lurch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Greenbriar, USA
Casino cash: $5000
Is this your way of telling us to leave Red alone? If so, just come out and say, "Guys, I don't appreciate ya'all messing with Red." That would be preferable to beating around the bush about it. Of course, that would likely only increase the "flirting," heh.
__________________
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -- Benjamin Franklin
Posts: 1,538
Lurch is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Lurch is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Lurch is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Lurch is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Lurch is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Lurch is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:45 PM   #103
Clint in Wichita Clint in Wichita is offline
Veteran
 
Clint in Wichita's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch
Is this your way of telling us to leave Red alone? If so, just come out and say, "Guys, I don't appreciate ya'all messing with Red." That would be preferable to beating around the bush about it.

Not at all.

If that's what I wanted to say, believe me, I'd say it.
__________________
I think they should hand out fudge at communion...so you can have the body of Christ with or without nuts.
Posts: 4,458
Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:48 PM   #104
BIG_DADDY BIG_DADDY is offline
THE RED MENACE
 
BIG_DADDY's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: San Mateo, CA 94401
Casino cash: $5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mer
It's so sickeningly true.

I don't know why men date us.
I don't know what I'm talking about though just ask Clint. You will find him bitching on a sports BB about his wifes flirting behavior.

No matter how much a man loves his women he has to be ready to leave that relationship rather than lose control at any time if he wants it to be a good one. It's not like women I have been with over the years have not crossed the line. Instead of bitching about it to her and having a fight and acting all jealous thereby losing all power in the relationship I chose to go another direction, exactly the opposite of what you would expect. Without getting jealous at all I just told her I thought she should hook up with that guy. I told her how hot he was and said I would want to **** him if I was a woman and left it at that. I gotta tell you it worked wonderfully. "I love you. I want to be with you. Stop it that's not funny" type of reactions followed by the hug that announces to whoever the other guy is that she has no intention of wandering.
__________________
Posts: 29,633
BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BIG_DADDY is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:51 PM   #105
Clint in Wichita Clint in Wichita is offline
Veteran
 
Clint in Wichita's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY
I don't know what I'm talking about though just ask Clint. You will find him bitching on a sports BB about his wifes flirting behavior.

No matter how much a man loves his women he has to be ready to leave that relationship rather than lose control at any time if he wants it to be a good one. It's not like women I have been with over the years have not crossed the line. Instead of bitching about it to her and having a fight and acting all jealous thereby losing all power in the relationship I chose to go another direction, exactly the opposite of what you would expect. Without getting jealous at all I just told her I thought she should hook up with that guy. I told her how hot he was and said I would want to **** him if I was a woman and left it at that. I gotta tell you it worked wonderfully. "I love you. I want to be with you. Stop it that's not funny" type of reactions followed by the hug that announces to whoever the other guy is that she has no intention of wandering.

So, she fed you a line like, "I love you, I want to be with you" and you ate it up.

Who's the bitch again?
__________________
I think they should hand out fudge at communion...so you can have the body of Christ with or without nuts.
Posts: 4,458
Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.