Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > Media Center

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 08:45 PM  
The Poz The Poz is offline
Enjoyer of things
 
The Poz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Toronto
Casino cash: $11645
Documentary featuring Stoner/Doom Rock



Such Hawks Such Hounds

For the fans of Kyuss, High on Fire, Sleep, Acid King, Sabbath, Monster Magnet, Fu Manchu, Electric Wizard, Saint Vitus and all other Stoner Rock bands. Enjoy.






Last edited by The Poz; 12-29-2013 at 10:58 PM.. Reason: original vid has been taken down
Posts: 2,065
The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 10:43 PM   #271
The Poz The Poz is offline
Enjoyer of things
 
The Poz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Toronto
Casino cash: $11645
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Seeing Bongripper tonight. Windhand tickets went on sale today as well.

I LOVE Bongripper! I think I posted Satan Worshipping Doom a little while back. Looking forward to your review of the show.
Windhand is another good one. I just ordered my Uncle Acid tickets for their show up here in mid Sept.
Posts: 2,065
The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 07:31 AM   #272
KCUnited KCUnited is online now
Play it faster!
 
KCUnited's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chiraq
Casino cash: $24682
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poz View Post
I LOVE Bongripper! I think I posted Satan Worshipping Doom a little while back. Looking forward to your review of the show.
Windhand is another good one. I just ordered my Uncle Acid tickets for their show up here in mid Sept.
The Doom atmosphere was in full effect in Chicago last night. Cold (for June) and rainy, just a miserable, sweatshirt kind of day altogether. They played outdoors as part of an annual neighborhood festival, so it was perfect. People came from all of the city to see their set, but this particular neighborhood consists of early gentrification hipsters and Puerto Ricans, so the mix of people was kind of hilarious. I think an outdoor show favors Bongripper and their 20 minute songs. I can get kind of bored at Doom shows, but their style along with being outdoors and the people watching was pretty great.

As far as Bongripper, I love them as a band. They're like a punk band trolling as a Doom band. They don't really fit in and operate within the metal scene, something I can relate to all of my life. They could hand pick they're label but chose to do everything themselves. I really, really respect that. That Satan Worshipping Doom record is self released and is listed for $80 by someone on Discogs. They're beyond cult status in Chicago. Their 10th anniversary show in Aug sold out quick and now a $10 ticket is selling for $70 on Stubhub. Even they would admit that's laughable.

I saw Windhand in KC in 2014 I think. The show wasn't as great as I was expecting, but it was a midnight start time and everyone seemed pretty wasted. They're playing a smallish bar down the street from me so I'm going to give it another go as I love their studio stuff. I saw the Uncle Acid flyer a week or so ago here in Chicago, but ticket prices are a little steep for me. I'm kind of a cheap ass when it comes to door prices.
Posts: 14,706
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 09:29 AM   #273
The Poz The Poz is offline
Enjoyer of things
 
The Poz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Toronto
Casino cash: $11645
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
The Doom atmosphere was in full effect in Chicago last night. Cold (for June) and rainy, just a miserable, sweatshirt kind of day altogether. They played outdoors as part of an annual neighborhood festival, so it was perfect. People came from all of the city to see their set, but this particular neighborhood consists of early gentrification hipsters and Puerto Ricans, so the mix of people was kind of hilarious. I think an outdoor show favors Bongripper and their 20 minute songs. I can get kind of bored at Doom shows, but their style along with being outdoors and the people watching was pretty great.

As far as Bongripper, I love them as a band. They're like a punk band trolling as a Doom band. They don't really fit in and operate within the metal scene, something I can relate to all of my life. They could hand pick they're label but chose to do everything themselves. I really, really respect that. That Satan Worshipping Doom record is self released and is listed for $80 by someone on Discogs. They're beyond cult status in Chicago. Their 10th anniversary show in Aug sold out quick and now a $10 ticket is selling for $70 on Stubhub. Even they would admit that's laughable.

I saw Windhand in KC in 2014 I think. The show wasn't as great as I was expecting, but it was a midnight start time and everyone seemed pretty wasted. They're playing a smallish bar down the street from me so I'm going to give it another go as I love their studio stuff. I saw the Uncle Acid flyer a week or so ago here in Chicago, but ticket prices are a little steep for me. I'm kind of a cheap ass when it comes to door prices.
"Punk band trolling as a doom band". Love it!

There are a bunch of vids from this show online. Looked amazing! Since they're not signed, I can't imagine I'll see them around my hood (across the border) anytime soon. Hopefully they'll come as close as Buffalo or even Detroit. Theyre really high on the list for bands I need to see.
As for Windhand, they were here in T.O. last year but I missed it. My friend went but was disappointed. He said they weren't on the same page and had to stop twice in the middle of songs. Great studio band but maybe just not made for live performances.
Posts: 2,065
The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 10:11 AM   #274
KCUnited KCUnited is online now
Play it faster!
 
KCUnited's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chiraq
Casino cash: $24682
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poz View Post
"Punk band trolling as a doom band". Love it!

There are a bunch of vids from this show online. Looked amazing! Since they're not signed, I can't imagine I'll see them around my hood (across the border) anytime soon. Hopefully they'll come as close as Buffalo or even Detroit. Theyre really high on the list for bands I need to see.
As for Windhand, they were here in T.O. last year but I missed it. My friend went but was disappointed. He said they weren't on the same page and had to stop twice in the middle of songs. Great studio band but maybe just not made for live performances.
I think they play some Euro fests so you never know. Looks like SoCal and Arizona this summer. I've heard they all have regular jobs so I think they hit the road in small batches. As fans, probably the biggest threat to unsigned bands, that have been playing for a decade, is how long will they keep doing it before getting on with their lives.
Posts: 14,706
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 01:23 PM   #275
The Poz The Poz is offline
Enjoyer of things
 
The Poz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Toronto
Casino cash: $11645
Acid King's first U.S. tour since 2006.
Of course, they're not crossing the border. But, I see they're playing in KC on Halloween night! My thinking was, hey, let's see if the Chiefs are playing at home that weekend. I was just about to look up flights when I saw that we're home to the Lions the very next day!!! Then, the letdown. That game is in London England. Bastards.

Posts: 2,065
The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 01:47 PM   #276
The Poz The Poz is offline
Enjoyer of things
 
The Poz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Toronto
Casino cash: $11645
The DOOM charts mid year breakdown.

http://doomcharts.com/2015/07/08/doo...reakdown-2015/

Interesting list. Plenty of bands to check out.
Posts: 2,065
The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:37 AM   #277
Molitoth Molitoth is offline
Chiefs Rubberneck
 
Molitoth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Casino cash: $22365
Dunno how much Doom is on this gig, but here is for you KC peeps.

Fuzz & Fire - Midwest Stoner & Doom Festival

Posts: 12,887
Molitoth threw an interception on a screen pass.Molitoth threw an interception on a screen pass.Molitoth threw an interception on a screen pass.Molitoth threw an interception on a screen pass.Molitoth threw an interception on a screen pass.Molitoth threw an interception on a screen pass.Molitoth threw an interception on a screen pass.Molitoth threw an interception on a screen pass.Molitoth threw an interception on a screen pass.Molitoth threw an interception on a screen pass.Molitoth threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:48 AM   #278
KCUnited KCUnited is online now
Play it faster!
 
KCUnited's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chiraq
Casino cash: $24682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth View Post
Dunno how much Doom is on this gig, but here is for you KC peeps.

Fuzz & Fire - Midwest Stoner & Doom Festival

I went to this last summer and it was pretty lame from a turnout standpoint, but it was at Aftershock. It will probably do better in Independence. As far as the lineup, Keef Mountain are my boys, 2 piece, real deal stoner/doom. The new Bummer record is fun and they're cool dudes.

Posts: 14,706
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 08:10 AM   #279
Molitoth Molitoth is offline
Chiefs Rubberneck
 
Molitoth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Casino cash: $22365
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
I went to this last summer and it was pretty lame from a turnout standpoint, but it was at Aftershock. It will probably do better in Independence. As far as the lineup, Keef Mountain are my boys, 2 piece, real deal stoner/doom. The new Bummer record is fun and they're cool dudes.
I figured. It seems the lineup is much better this year, because you know... my band is on it.

No really, I dig all these bands.
I've never been to "The Scene" so it could be a bust, who knows.
Posts: 12,887
Molitoth threw an interception on a screen pass.Molitoth threw an interception on a screen pass.Molitoth threw an interception on a screen pass.Molitoth threw an interception on a screen pass.Molitoth threw an interception on a screen pass.Molitoth threw an interception on a screen pass.Molitoth threw an interception on a screen pass.Molitoth threw an interception on a screen pass.Molitoth threw an interception on a screen pass.Molitoth threw an interception on a screen pass.Molitoth threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 08:25 AM   #280
KCUnited KCUnited is online now
Play it faster!
 
KCUnited's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chiraq
Casino cash: $24682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth View Post
I figured. It seems the lineup is much better this year, because you know... my band is on it.

No really, I dig all these bands.
I've never been to "The Scene" so it could be a bust, who knows.
That's cool that you guys are on this. If I was still in KC, I'd go for sure. Bummer should bring some party people. I've never been to The Scene either, so who knows. KC is weird about venue perceptions. Some people are just too cool for anything outside of Midtown.
Posts: 14,706
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:03 AM   #281
The Poz The Poz is offline
Enjoyer of things
 
The Poz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Toronto
Casino cash: $11645



Posts: 2,065
The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 04:34 PM   #282
Chromatic Chromatic is offline
Starter
 
Chromatic's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Earth
Casino cash: $15095
Sooo good. Check these guys out.

NSFW album title

Spoiler!


Posts: 385
Chromatic would the whole thing.Chromatic would the whole thing.Chromatic would the whole thing.Chromatic would the whole thing.Chromatic would the whole thing.Chromatic would the whole thing.Chromatic would the whole thing.Chromatic would the whole thing.Chromatic would the whole thing.Chromatic would the whole thing.Chromatic would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:22 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.