Home Mail Chat Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

View Poll Results: What is your stance on aliens?
They come here and the government has some understanding and talks with them, has ships and bodies, and knows something about what they are. 25 16.23%
They come here, and the government investigates sightings and keeps secrets and has evidence but they don't know much. 31 20.13%
They exist and they come here but no one (including government) has any solid physical evidence or shocking secrets. 11 7.14%
They exist and are intelligent and could come here but they don't. 18 11.69%
Intelligent life exists in some form but can't come here because of distance/technology challenges. 54 35.06%
Something exists out there somewhere but it isn't intelligent. 8 5.19%
There are no life forms anywhere else. 7 4.55%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2015, 07:46 PM  
mr. tegu mr. tegu is offline
Forever Royal
 
mr. tegu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Casino cash: $1400
What is your stance on aliens?

I am curious to see where everyone stands on this. Asking about a stance on UFOs could be a different topic with different options so feel to give your thoughts on that as well.
Posts: 14,103
mr. tegu threw an interception on a screen pass.mr. tegu threw an interception on a screen pass.mr. tegu threw an interception on a screen pass.mr. tegu threw an interception on a screen pass.mr. tegu threw an interception on a screen pass.mr. tegu threw an interception on a screen pass.mr. tegu threw an interception on a screen pass.mr. tegu threw an interception on a screen pass.mr. tegu threw an interception on a screen pass.mr. tegu threw an interception on a screen pass.mr. tegu threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 07:14 PM   #121
ThaVirus ThaVirus is offline
I have the power
 
ThaVirus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Casino cash: $62469
Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
My stand.

Bring them on.

That isn't going to do shit. They're allergic to water, dummy. Bonus points if you can lock them in a pantry. I hear they can't open doors.
__________________
"I don't know how to put this...but I'm kind of a big deal"
Posts: 31,042
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 07:47 PM   #122
Lex Luthor Lex Luthor is offline
Supporter
 
Lex Luthor's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Casino cash: $22875
Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
I saw a UFO. Looking out the back, reversed seats, of my parent Torino station wagon. Going down N. Oak Trafficway.

No one will ever convince me differently.
“There’s a fascinating frailty of the human mind that psychologists know all about, called “argument from ignorance.” This is how it goes. Remember what the “U” stands for in “UFO”? You see lights flashing in the sky. You’ve never seen anything like this before and don’t understand what it is. You say, “It’s a UFO!”

The “U” stands for “unidentified.”

But then you say, “I don’t know what it is; it must be aliens from outer space, visiting from another planet.” The issue here is that if you don’t know what something is, your interpretation of it should stop immediately. You don’t then say it must be X or Y or Z. That’s argument from ignorance. It’s common. I’m not blaming anybody; it may relate to our burning need to manufacture answers because we feel uncomfortable about being steeped in ignorance.”


― Neil deGrasse Tyson, Space Chronicles: Facing the Ultimate Frontier
Posts: 12,423
Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 07:50 PM   #123
stevieray stevieray is offline
it's all right if you don't
 
stevieray's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: on The Wall
Casino cash: $34950
Nephilim?

whoo boy.
Posts: 50,313
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 07:52 PM   #124
eDave eDave is offline
Lost
 
eDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Casino cash: $72574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
“There’s a fascinating frailty of the human mind that psychologists know all about, called “argument from ignorance.” This is how it goes. Remember what the “U” stands for in “UFO”? You see lights flashing in the sky. You’ve never seen anything like this before and don’t understand what it is. You say, “It’s a UFO!”

The “U” stands for “unidentified.”

But then you say, “I don’t know what it is; it must be aliens from outer space, visiting from another planet.” The issue here is that if you don’t know what something is, your interpretation of it should stop immediately. You don’t then say it must be X or Y or Z. That’s argument from ignorance. It’s common. I’m not blaming anybody; it may relate to our burning need to manufacture answers because we feel uncomfortable about being steeped in ignorance.”


― Neil deGrasse Tyson, Space Chronicles: Facing the Ultimate Frontier
40 years and nothing has convinced me otherwise. And I am well aware of the psychology you are referencing and it does not apply here.

Also, I'm a sane individual. I think.
Posts: 29,065
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 07:53 PM   #125
Easy 6 Easy 6 is offline
pie is never free
 
Easy 6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the drivers seat
Casino cash: $57875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
“There’s a fascinating frailty of the human mind that psychologists know all about, called “argument from ignorance.” This is how it goes. Remember what the “U” stands for in “UFO”? You see lights flashing in the sky. You’ve never seen anything like this before and don’t understand what it is. You say, “It’s a UFO!”

The “U” stands for “unidentified.”

But then you say, “I don’t know what it is; it must be aliens from outer space, visiting from another planet.” The issue here is that if you don’t know what something is, your interpretation of it should stop immediately. You don’t then say it must be X or Y or Z. That’s argument from ignorance. It’s common. I’m not blaming anybody; it may relate to our burning need to manufacture answers because we feel uncomfortable about being steeped in ignorance.”


― Neil deGrasse Tyson, Space Chronicles: Facing the Ultimate Frontier
Too bad the tv scientists word doesnt trump the director of the CIA, or Chairman of the JCOS.

Because they certainly didnt have any scientists informing their opinions...
Posts: 54,911
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:06 PM   #126
Lex Luthor Lex Luthor is offline
Supporter
 
Lex Luthor's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Casino cash: $22875
Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
40 years and nothing has convinced me otherwise. And I am well aware of the psychology you are referencing and it does not apply here.

Also, I'm a sane individual. I think.
So what exactly was it that you saw that convinced you that it was a spacecraft from an alien planet? How do you differentiate terrestrial technology that you don't understand from extra-terrestrial technology?



.

Last edited by Lex Luthor; 05-31-2015 at 08:13 PM..
Posts: 12,423
Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:10 PM   #127
Lex Luthor Lex Luthor is offline
Supporter
 
Lex Luthor's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Casino cash: $22875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Too bad the tv scientists word doesnt trump the director of the CIA, or Chairman of the JCOS.

Because they certainly didnt have any scientists informing their opinions...
I don't rely on an argument from authority. Apparently you do.

I quoted Neil DeGrasse Tyson because his explanation makes perfect sense. What specific things did the director of the CIA or the Chairman of the JCOS say that you find to be compelling? Or are you just taking their word for it? For that matter, what exactly DID they say? You got a link?
Posts: 12,423
Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:16 PM   #128
Lex Luthor Lex Luthor is offline
Supporter
 
Lex Luthor's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Casino cash: $22875
For eDave and Easy 6:

Posts: 12,423
Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:20 PM   #129
eDave eDave is offline
Lost
 
eDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Casino cash: $72574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
So what exactly was it that you saw that convinced you that it was a spacecraft from an alien planet? How do you differentiate terrestrial technology that you don't understand from extra-terrestrial technology?



.
Understand that I come from an aviation family.

It looked like an airliner contrail, which was my first thought. But it was going the other way and disappearing into the other cloud bank. Then it was gone.

Aliens? Dunno. But I've seen nothing since.
Posts: 29,065
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:29 PM   #130
Rain Man Rain Man is online now
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan
 
Rain Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: My house
Casino cash: $43038
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
40 years and nothing has convinced me otherwise. And I am well aware of the psychology you are referencing and it does not apply here.

Also, I'm a sane individual. I think.

Let's do a quick test. Do you think the Chiefs will win a Super Bowl in your lifetime? If yes, will it involve the use of alien technology or not?
__________________
My ancestors fought giant cave ermines so I could make this post.
Posts: 100,807
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:29 PM   #131
Lex Luthor Lex Luthor is offline
Supporter
 
Lex Luthor's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Casino cash: $22875
Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
I saw a UFO. Looking out the back, reversed seats, of my parent Torino station wagon. Going down N. Oak Trafficway.

No one will ever convince me differently.
If your statement is that you saw something you can't identify, nobody can argue that point.

If your statement is that you saw an alien spacecraft, your argument is not terribly convincing.

That's the whole point of Tyson's quote.
Posts: 12,423
Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:31 PM   #132
eDave eDave is offline
Lost
 
eDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Casino cash: $72574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
If your statement is that you saw something you can't identify, nobody can argue that point.

If your statement is that you saw an alien spacecraft, your argument is not terribly convincing.

That's the whole point of Tyson's quote.
SO WHAT THE **** WAS IT?
Posts: 29,065
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:32 PM   #133
Pablo Pablo is offline
Ultrabanned
 
Pablo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: KCMO
Casino cash: $29456
I saw jesus and Buddha flying an El Camino through the clouds once.

I believe!
Posts: 24,514
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:53 PM   #134
Lex Luthor Lex Luthor is offline
Supporter
 
Lex Luthor's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Casino cash: $22875
Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
SO WHAT THE **** WAS IT?
Do you understand the term "Argument from incredulity"? Saying "What the **** was it" is not a compelling argument that it was a spaceship from outer space. It's not a compelling argument for ANYTHING.

By your own account this incident happened 40 years ago. You were a kid, you were sitting in the back seat of your parents car, and you were looking out the back window. How long did the incident last? How long did you see this thing? An hour? 30 minutes? 10 minutes? 5 seconds? My money is on 5 seconds.

Frankly, people who say they were abducted by aliens and subjected to all sorts of medical tests and anal probes make a stronger case, because if they are telling the truth, something very weird DID happen. You could be telling the complete truth and the answer could be a completely logical explanation.

You should read this article. This person debunked his own UFO sighting 14 years after it happened.
Posts: 12,423
Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:54 PM   #135
eDave eDave is offline
Lost
 
eDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Casino cash: $72574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
Do you understand the term "Argument from incredulity"? Saying "What the **** was it" is not a compelling argument that it was a spaceship from outer space. It's not a compelling argument for ANYTHING.

By your own account this incident happened 40 years ago. You were a kid, you were sitting in the back seat of your parents car, and you were looking out the back window. How long did the incident last? How long did you see this thing? An hour? 30 minutes? 10 minutes? 5 seconds? My money is on 5 seconds.

Frankly, people who say they were abducted by aliens and subjected to all sorts of medical tests and anal probes make a stronger case, because if they are telling the truth, something very weird DID happen. You could be telling the complete truth and the answer could be a completely logical explanation.

You should read this article. This person debunked his own UFO sighting 14 years after it happened.
Leave me alone Jesus freak.
Posts: 29,065
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:04 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
Fort Worth Texas Process Servers
Covering Arlington, Fort Worth, Grand Prairie and surrounding communities.
Tarrant County, Texas and Johnson County, Texas.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.