Home Mail Chat Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Lonewolf Ed Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2017, 02:02 PM  
pugsnotdrugs19 pugsnotdrugs19 is offline
Patrick Mahomes II Advocate
 
pugsnotdrugs19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Casino cash: $9525
Chiefs focused on Mahomes, McCaffrey, and Cunningham in RD1

SEE POST #11 FIRST

... the word in the Chiefs building is that they would like to trade up for QB Patrick Mahomes or RB Christian McCaffrey in the first round. If this falls through, he said they like ILB Zach Cunningham a lot as well.

Last edited by pugsnotdrugs19; 04-18-2017 at 05:54 PM..
Posts: 4,667
pugsnotdrugs19 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.pugsnotdrugs19 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.pugsnotdrugs19 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.pugsnotdrugs19 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.pugsnotdrugs19 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.pugsnotdrugs19 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.pugsnotdrugs19 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.pugsnotdrugs19 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.pugsnotdrugs19 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.pugsnotdrugs19 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.pugsnotdrugs19 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:02 PM   #61
DJ's left nut DJ's left nut is offline
Still Dicking Bimbos At Home
 
DJ's left nut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbia, Mo
Casino cash: $19199
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Zach Cunningham is a need pick. I can think of 5 players off the top of my head that would be far better picks.

He's not a first rd player
I disagree...in part.

I think he IS a first round player, but he'd also be a need pick if acquiring him necessitated any kind of trade up.

He gets knocked because he's a little unique as a player; really weird tackler. His form leaves a lot to be desired but he's not a conventional drag tackler either. He's a 'roll' tackler for lack of a better way of putting it. He locks on and rolls guys over. He's actually damn effective.

But yeah, it looks funny. And while his athleticism doesn't leap off the page, people forget to consider how his reach impacts what he can get to. He's not as quick as Foster but where Foster gains a step running, Cunningham gets that right back by having go go gadget arms.

He's a different kind of player so people don't know what to think about him. Personally I think he'll be a damn good player that will go around pick 45 at the latest and could easily get up into the mid-20s.
__________________
"If there's a god, he's laughing at us.....and our football team..."
Posts: 28,537
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:07 PM   #62
Kiimosabi Kiimosabi is offline
Veteran
 
Kiimosabi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Studio City, CA
Casino cash: $8842
I just watched the complete highlights for McCaffrey, Fournette and Cook.

I don't know man, they say he runs a 4.5 but McCaffrey seems a LOT slower or at least less quick than these guys. If Cook's shoulders are okay I'd be all about him.

That said, draft Mahomes.
Posts: 1,519
Kiimosabi 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKiimosabi 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKiimosabi 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKiimosabi 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKiimosabi 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKiimosabi 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKiimosabi 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKiimosabi 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKiimosabi 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKiimosabi 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKiimosabi 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:09 PM   #63
Mr. Laz Mr. Laz is offline
Don't Tease Me
 
Mr. Laz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: KS
Casino cash: $1047137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy View Post
No he isn't but he's one of the reasons Andy calls so many. Weak arm and can't see wide open playmakers behind the defense for scores. Alex is that limited and has been proven to be over and over again on game tape break downs.
If Alex Smith was limiting Reid's playcalling so much then why haven't we been looking to replace him? We've only been selecting middle-round QB's that just fall into the 'taking a shot' category.

Makes no sense

If Andy Reid was so limited by his QB then why have we passed on viable QB in the draft. No trading up needed, they were sitting right there. Why not push the development of the guys we did draft instead of signing a veteran #2 each year. Why didn't Reid just switch to Foles permanently if Alex Smith could never run the offense the way Reid wanted because of physical limitations?

Makes no ****ing sense
__________________
Posts: 95,630
Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:10 PM   #64
penchief penchief is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Feb 2003
Casino cash: $5386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz View Post
Mahomes makes no sense to me for the Chiefs

He is the exact opposite of what the Chiefs' offense is about.

Reid going to change his offense almost completely?

Mahomes is a spread-them-out-playaction-pass type offense, not WCO dink and dunk

McCaffrey would be a perfect fit for the Chiefs
You may be right about Mahomes but one thing stood out to me on the few highlight videos I watched. Based on everything I was hearing about his arm I was expecting to see a barrage of long balls. But what stood out to me was that he threw a lot of check downs. I thought to myself that I could see why Andy was interested. He seemed like he could play Reid's offense but with the added dimension of being able to sling it deep.
Posts: 14,578
penchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.penchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.penchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.penchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.penchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.penchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.penchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.penchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.penchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.penchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.penchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:12 PM   #65
-King- -King- is offline
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓
 
-King-'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Casino cash: $35843
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I disagree...in part.

I think he IS a first round player, but he'd also be a need pick if acquiring him necessitated any kind of trade up.

He gets knocked because he's a little unique as a player; really weird tackler. His form leaves a lot to be desired but he's not a conventional drag tackler either. He's a 'roll' tackler for lack of a better way of putting it. He locks on and rolls guys over. He's actually damn effective.

But yeah, it looks funny. And while his athleticism doesn't leap off the page, people forget to consider how his reach impacts what he can get to. He's not as quick as Foster but where Foster gains a step running, Cunningham gets that right back by having go go gadget arms.

He's a different kind of player so people don't know what to think about him. Personally I think he'll be a damn good player that will go around pick 45 at the latest and could easily get up into the mid-20s.
I just watched his highlight video. Holy arm tackles Batman! I don't think that will work in the NFL especially not on short yard situations.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 46,109
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:12 PM   #66
Kiimosabi Kiimosabi is offline
Veteran
 
Kiimosabi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Studio City, CA
Casino cash: $8842
The "cons" on Mahomes are all footwork and the offense he played in. So with bad footwork he's extremely accurate in all throws. If he gets better footwork he gets more accurate.

I fail to see how that's a problem. Then there's the offense he played in. Well he took snaps from center in practice and played a quick read system. That's...actually what Reid runs.

Why should we be worried about Mahomes again? He has a cannon, is ballsy and his footwork is not a concern. This seems like a no-brainer. He also seems dedicated and focused.
Posts: 1,519
Kiimosabi 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKiimosabi 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKiimosabi 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKiimosabi 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKiimosabi 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKiimosabi 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKiimosabi 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKiimosabi 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKiimosabi 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKiimosabi 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKiimosabi 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:15 PM   #67
DJ's left nut DJ's left nut is offline
Still Dicking Bimbos At Home
 
DJ's left nut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbia, Mo
Casino cash: $19199
Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
I just watched his highlight video. Holy arm tackles Batman! I don't think that will work in the NFL especially not on short yard situations.
Posted via Mobile Device
He does arm tackle, yes.

If you know that going in, though - watch how he does it. It's not a drag tackle and he's not a guy that EVER gets run through because his arms are so damn long that he can still wrap.

He's a weird, weird prospect. I like him, but I can certainly understand why some don't. I just take some umbrage with the idea that he's Ramik Wilson picking around the pile or Donnie Edwards getting carried 5 yards past first contact. What he does, he does on purpose and not because he's tentative. He's a willing tackler, he just appears to have always gotten great results with this odd technique of his so he still uses it.
__________________
"If there's a god, he's laughing at us.....and our football team..."
Posts: 28,537
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:16 PM   #68
DJ's left nut DJ's left nut is offline
Still Dicking Bimbos At Home
 
DJ's left nut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbia, Mo
Casino cash: $19199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
Why should we be worried about Mahomes again? He has a cannon, is ballsy and his footwork is not a concern. This seems like a no-brainer. He also seems dedicated and focused.
We shouldn't be.

Which is exactly why we won't get a shot at him unless it costs us an arm and a leg to move up. Some team will see exactly what you're describing and use a pick in the top 15ish to grab him.
__________________
"If there's a god, he's laughing at us.....and our football team..."
Posts: 28,537
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:17 PM   #69
Bewbies Bewbies is offline
Ith Fuhtbawl Time
 
Bewbies's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Casino cash: $15704
If we couldn't get a QB I'd be down for Mccaffrey. That guy is a stud.
Posts: 7,605
Bewbies is too fat/Omaha.Bewbies is too fat/Omaha.Bewbies is too fat/Omaha.Bewbies is too fat/Omaha.Bewbies is too fat/Omaha.Bewbies is too fat/Omaha.Bewbies is too fat/Omaha.Bewbies is too fat/Omaha.Bewbies is too fat/Omaha.Bewbies is too fat/Omaha.Bewbies is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:17 PM   #70
Mr. Laz Mr. Laz is offline
Don't Tease Me
 
Mr. Laz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: KS
Casino cash: $1047137
Quote:
Originally Posted by penchief View Post
You may be right about Mahomes but one thing stood out to me on the few highlight videos I watched. Based on everything I was hearing about his arm I was expecting to see a barrage of long balls. But what stood out to me was that he threw a lot of check downs. I thought to myself that I could see why Andy was interested. He seemed like he could play Reid's offense but with the added dimension of being able to sling it deep.
Maybe Reid does want to add the long ball but that's not what a traditional WCO is about. All the big plays from the WCO are supposed to come from YAC.

Dink and dunk the defense to death, have a QB that can hit the 3rd and 6 pass for a 1st down every single time. The WCO is death by a 1000 cuts, not bombs away. You want accuracy,timing and consistency, not arm strength. Andy Reid gets scared whenever we turn the ball over. He is not a guy who wants a QB that throws for 400+yrds with 5tds and 2ints. He wants 250 yrds with 2-3tds and 0 ints.

Reid is about being safe and conservative ... let the other team lose the game for you

Mahomes is about attack,attack,attack until the defense just gives up.

__________________
Posts: 95,630
Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:22 PM   #71
penchief penchief is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Feb 2003
Casino cash: $5386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz View Post
Maybe Reid does want to add the long ball but that's not what a traditional WCO is about. All the big plays from the WCO are supposed to come from YAC.

Dink and dunk the defense to death, have a QB that can hit the 3rd and 6 pass for a 1st down every single time. The WCO is death by a 1000 cuts, not bombs away. You want accuracy,timing and consistency, not arm strength. Andy Reid gets scared whenever we turn the ball over. He is not a guy who wants a QB that throws for 400+yrds with 5tds and 2ints. He wants 250 yrds with 2-3tds and 0 ints.

Reid is about being safe and conservative ... let the other team lose the game for you

Mahomes is about attack,attack,attack until the defense just gives up.

You're probably right but it struck me that Mahomes threw a lot of those passes you describe. A lot more of the shorter timing passes and check downs than I was expecting to see. And maybe that is what Reid sees. Maybe the long ball is just a bonus.
Posts: 14,578
penchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.penchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.penchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.penchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.penchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.penchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.penchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.penchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.penchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.penchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.penchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:23 PM   #72
-King- -King- is offline
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓
 
-King-'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Casino cash: $35843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
The "cons" on Mahomes are all footwork and the offense he played in. So with bad footwork he's extremely accurate in all throws. If he gets better footwork he gets more accurate.

I fail to see how that's a problem. Then there's the offense he played in. Well he took snaps from center in practice and played a quick read system. That's...actually what Reid runs.

Why should we be worried about Mahomes again? He has a cannon, is ballsy and his footwork is not a concern. This seems like a no-brainer. He also seems dedicated and focused.
Having bad fundamentals can work in lower levels playing against lesser players but the higher you go the more they can be exploited. He played in a system it's easy to look accurate and where he exploited terrible defenses for a lot of yards. The majority of the air raid QBs have completion percentages of 65% and over, it's not because they're all the most accurate QBs ever, it's because of the system.

His mechanics are what worries me the most. It's not hard to see Mahomes in a Blake Bortles type situation where he's in his 4th year in the league and still working on his mechanics.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 46,109
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:23 PM   #73
MahiMike MahiMike is offline
He's Mahomie!
 
MahiMike's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Jax, FL
Casino cash: $18537
I'm in the minority on McCaffrey. I think he's perfect for Andy's offense. That said, I would only want to move up for a QB.
__________________
We got our own Russell Wilson!
Posts: 11,168
MahiMike is too fat/Omaha.MahiMike is too fat/Omaha.MahiMike is too fat/Omaha.MahiMike is too fat/Omaha.MahiMike is too fat/Omaha.MahiMike is too fat/Omaha.MahiMike is too fat/Omaha.MahiMike is too fat/Omaha.MahiMike is too fat/Omaha.MahiMike is too fat/Omaha.MahiMike is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:23 PM   #74
kc79 kc79 is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Casino cash: $15297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz View Post
If Alex Smith was limiting Reid's playcalling so much then why haven't we been looking to replace him? We've only been selecting middle-round QB's that just fall into the 'taking a shot' category.

Makes no sense

If Andy Reid was so limited by his QB then why have we passed on viable QB in the draft. No trading up needed, they were sitting right there. Why not push the development of the guys we did draft instead of signing a veteran #2 each year. Why didn't Reid just switch to Foles permanently if Alex Smith could never run the offense the way Reid wanted because of physical limitations?

Makes no ****ing sense
Who are those viable QB's we passes on?
Posts: 196
kc79 is not part of the Right 53.kc79 is not part of the Right 53.kc79 is not part of the Right 53.kc79 is not part of the Right 53.kc79 is not part of the Right 53.kc79 is not part of the Right 53.kc79 is not part of the Right 53.kc79 is not part of the Right 53.kc79 is not part of the Right 53.kc79 is not part of the Right 53.kc79 is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:24 PM   #75
Hammock Parties Hammock Parties is offline
game manager a filthy animal
 
Hammock Parties's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Casino cash: $577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz View Post
All the big plays from the WCO are supposed to come from YAC.


Posts: 184,335
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:18 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
Arlington Texas Process Servers
Arlington Texas Process Servers
Covering Arlington, Fort Worth, Grand Prairie and surrounding communities.
Tarrant County, Texas and Johnson County, Texas.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.