Home Mail Chat Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2018, 07:06 PM  
TRR TRR is offline
The Priest and I
 
TRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: CO
Casino cash: $5285
Chiefs sign free agent CB David Amerson

1 year deal per Terez Paylor.

Discuss...
Posts: 6,826
TRR has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 11:43 AM   #121
pugsnotdrugs19 pugsnotdrugs19 is offline
Patrick Mahomes II Advocate
 
pugsnotdrugs19's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2013
Casino cash: $9547
I’m really excited to see who else we can add to the secondary this offseason. I want our group to have some serious swagger. Talented secondaries like Seattle’s and Jacksonville’s always play like they’re invincible, they have that aggressive mindset and seem hungry to dominate.

We’ve got some of the key pieces in place to put a group together like that. Need a couple more though.
Posts: 12,766
pugsnotdrugs19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.pugsnotdrugs19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.pugsnotdrugs19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.pugsnotdrugs19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.pugsnotdrugs19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.pugsnotdrugs19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.pugsnotdrugs19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.pugsnotdrugs19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.pugsnotdrugs19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.pugsnotdrugs19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.pugsnotdrugs19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:08 PM   #122
Chief Northman Chief Northman is offline
Veteran
 
Chief Northman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Canada
Casino cash: $990
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
I’m really excited to see who else we can add to the secondary this offseason. I want our group to have some serious swagger. Talented secondaries like Seattle’s and Jacksonville’s always play like they’re invincible, they have that aggressive mindset and seem hungry to dominate.

We’ve got some of the key pieces in place to put a group together like that. Need a couple more though.
I think Safety may be the first pick for the Chiefs.

If you can get one of Watts/Allen/White or even Elliott, you can get a starter opposite Berry with some swagger to their game. Watts is who I’d target as he fills Parker’s role arguably better than the others. Great man coverage guy whether free or locked up on a receiver. Solid tackler with great instincts.
Elliott might be the most versatile, White the most physical. Allen is great at blitzing and excels in zone.
Posts: 3,716
Chief Northman is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chief Northman is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chief Northman is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chief Northman is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chief Northman is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chief Northman is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chief Northman is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chief Northman is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chief Northman is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chief Northman is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chief Northman is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:24 PM   #123
pugsnotdrugs19 pugsnotdrugs19 is offline
Patrick Mahomes II Advocate
 
pugsnotdrugs19's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2013
Casino cash: $9547
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Yep

They need a few dl and Olb signings like this before the draft and we’re good.

I’m really on the trey burton bandwagon at this moment
Burton is primed to get overpaid, although I do think he is a good player. I bet he gets $6-7M per year.

The question is, will Harris be the same guy we saw with Mahomes against Denver? Because we can work with that guy. But if he is going to be the normal version of himself... we can do better.
Posts: 12,766
pugsnotdrugs19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.pugsnotdrugs19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.pugsnotdrugs19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.pugsnotdrugs19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.pugsnotdrugs19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.pugsnotdrugs19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.pugsnotdrugs19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.pugsnotdrugs19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.pugsnotdrugs19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.pugsnotdrugs19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.pugsnotdrugs19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:28 PM   #124
jdubya jdubya is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Casino cash: $5125
Local Raider fans near me tell me KC better have a good "burn ward" nearby lol. On a serious note, Amerson isn`t bad but just hasn`t seen the field much due to constant injuries, prone to concussions, etc. His first year with the Raiders he looked great and then went downhill the next 2 seasons so we will see.
Posts: 263
jdubya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jdubya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jdubya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jdubya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jdubya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jdubya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jdubya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jdubya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jdubya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jdubya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jdubya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:36 PM   #125
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Wounding Vaginas Since 2000
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Hollywood
Casino cash: $54848
I don’t think Amerson has a shot in hell of being on the field on 1st and 2nd downs unless there’s an injury.

He’s a depth signing, not a starter signing.

Hell, he may not even make the 53.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Geno taught me something, and that's not to get too high on guys like Mahomes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Also Trubisky completely soured me during his Bowl game. Do not want. As for Mahomes, i would be shocked if a good QB ever came out of that school. The best TTU QB of all time (in NFL terms) is Billy Joe ****ing Tolliver.

One thing about Kizer: I think Notre Dame was so much of a shitshow, overrated program that he could have some untapped potential in a more stable environment. I like his talent the most out of all these guys.
Posts: 80,888
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:38 PM   #126
Easy 6 Easy 6 is offline
pie is never free
 
Easy 6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the drivers seat
Casino cash: $57875
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubya View Post
Local Raider fans near me tell me KC better have a good "burn ward" nearby lol. On a serious note, Amerson isn`t bad but just hasn`t seen the field much due to constant injuries, prone to concussions, etc. His first year with the Raiders he looked great and then went downhill the next 2 seasons so we will see.
Meh, Del Rio runs a shitty ship and always has... Amerson is far from the only player who regressed on his watch
Posts: 58,990
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:39 PM   #127
pugsnotdrugs19 pugsnotdrugs19 is offline
Patrick Mahomes II Advocate
 
pugsnotdrugs19's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2013
Casino cash: $9547
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I don’t think Amerson has a shot in hell of being on the field on 1st and 2nd downs unless there’s an injury.

He’s a depth signing, not a starter signing.

Hell, he may not even make the 53.
Well I would assume he makes it if we are for sure on the hook for $2.25M, but I’d say he’s competing with Nelson to start in nickel packages at best. At least we aren’t on the hook for anything after this season. If it doesn’t work out, no big deal. Solid depth corner.
Posts: 12,766
pugsnotdrugs19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.pugsnotdrugs19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.pugsnotdrugs19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.pugsnotdrugs19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.pugsnotdrugs19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.pugsnotdrugs19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.pugsnotdrugs19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.pugsnotdrugs19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.pugsnotdrugs19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.pugsnotdrugs19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.pugsnotdrugs19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:42 PM   #128
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Wounding Vaginas Since 2000
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Hollywood
Casino cash: $54848
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
Burton is primed to get overpaid, although I do think he is a good player. I bet he gets $6-7M per year.
Paying $6-7 million for a tight end, especially since they're paying $9.96 million to Kelce, is a luxury that the Chiefs just can't afford.

They signed Jace Amaro to a Futures Deal and I'd like to see them sign Crockett Gilmore to a one year deal. It's a roll of the dice but if either guy can stay healthy, the Tight End position would be loaded going into 2018.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Geno taught me something, and that's not to get too high on guys like Mahomes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Also Trubisky completely soured me during his Bowl game. Do not want. As for Mahomes, i would be shocked if a good QB ever came out of that school. The best TTU QB of all time (in NFL terms) is Billy Joe ****ing Tolliver.

One thing about Kizer: I think Notre Dame was so much of a shitshow, overrated program that he could have some untapped potential in a more stable environment. I like his talent the most out of all these guys.
Posts: 80,888
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:43 PM   #129
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Wounding Vaginas Since 2000
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Hollywood
Casino cash: $54848
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
Well I would assume he makes it if we are for sure on the hook for $2.25M, but I’d say he’s competing with Nelson to start in nickel packages at best. At least we aren’t on the hook for anything after this season. If it doesn’t work out, no big deal. Solid depth corner.
Have full contract details been released?

I understand that his base is $2.25, with escalators up to $6 million, but as long as there's no guaranteed money (and I'd be surprised if it was anything other than $100k or so), the Chiefs could release him without any cap hit.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Geno taught me something, and that's not to get too high on guys like Mahomes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Also Trubisky completely soured me during his Bowl game. Do not want. As for Mahomes, i would be shocked if a good QB ever came out of that school. The best TTU QB of all time (in NFL terms) is Billy Joe ****ing Tolliver.

One thing about Kizer: I think Notre Dame was so much of a shitshow, overrated program that he could have some untapped potential in a more stable environment. I like his talent the most out of all these guys.
Posts: 80,888
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:51 PM   #130
All In All In is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Sep 2017
Casino cash: $500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
Thats true

Good luck to Phillip in the future also. Sometimes its just not a fit for whatever reason. He definitely has talent
Yes thanks!
Posts: 252
All In must have mowed badgirl's lawn.All In must have mowed badgirl's lawn.All In must have mowed badgirl's lawn.All In must have mowed badgirl's lawn.All In must have mowed badgirl's lawn.All In must have mowed badgirl's lawn.All In must have mowed badgirl's lawn.All In must have mowed badgirl's lawn.All In must have mowed badgirl's lawn.All In must have mowed badgirl's lawn.All In must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:51 PM   #131
gblowfish gblowfish is offline
Be Kind To Your Pets
 
gblowfish's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Glorious Independence, MO
Casino cash: $10036278
VARSITY
I was wondering what Phil's mom thought about all this. See that she checked in.
Posts: 35,373
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:58 PM   #132
Chief Northman Chief Northman is offline
Veteran
 
Chief Northman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Canada
Casino cash: $990
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Paying $6-7 million for a tight end, especially since they're paying $9.96 million to Kelce, is a luxury that the Chiefs just can't afford.

They signed Jace Amaro to a Futures Deal and I'd like to see them sign Crockett Gilmore to a one year deal. It's a roll of the dice but if either guy can stay healthy, the Tight End position would be loaded going into 2018.
No guarantee Harris gets let go. Andy uses him well. The problem is he cannot become a #1 if Kelce goes down. I can’t see Amaro making the roster. He is too one dimensional. The draft could bear a #2 TE option for the Chiefs that could develop into a #1b option if they want to invest in a guy early.
Stoedert and Hurst are likely out of range, but Gesicki or Fumagalli have a chance to be productive, solid pros.
Posts: 3,716
Chief Northman is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chief Northman is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chief Northman is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chief Northman is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chief Northman is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chief Northman is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chief Northman is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chief Northman is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chief Northman is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chief Northman is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chief Northman is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 01:01 PM   #133
O.city O.city is offline
In Search of a Life
 
O.city's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Casino cash: $54164
Yeah burton would be a bit of a luxury but it would make that spot a huge strength as he could play a lot of spots
Posts: 54,523
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 01:05 PM   #134
Shaid Shaid is offline
Supporter
 
Shaid's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Casino cash: $15883
Quote:
Originally Posted by nychief View Post
Sean smith wasn't a roll of the dice.
He was underperforming and he overperformed while here under contract. We cut bait at the perfect time. I think the Sean Smith comparison is a very good one IF we have him play to the bump and run strength that a guy like this should play at. I assume that's the plan. If it's just to play off coverage, then it's a stupid signing.
__________________
Posts: 4,326
Shaid has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Shaid has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Shaid has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Shaid has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Shaid has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Shaid has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Shaid has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Shaid has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Shaid has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Shaid has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Shaid has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 01:26 PM   #135
RunKC RunKC is offline
#BerryStrong
 
RunKC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Casino cash: $29711
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Have full contract details been released?

I understand that his base is $2.25, with escalators up to $6 million, but as long as there's no guaranteed money (and I'd be surprised if it was anything other than $100k or so), the Chiefs could release him without any cap hit.
TE is one of the deepest positions in this draft. I would love to get one in the mid rounds.
__________________
Andy will find a way to **** this up

Mahomes stat prediction: 30 TD’s/14 INT’s/4,200 yards
Posts: 23,774
RunKC has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.RunKC has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.RunKC has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.RunKC has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.RunKC has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.RunKC has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.RunKC has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.RunKC has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.RunKC has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.RunKC has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.RunKC has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:01 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
Fort Worth Texas Process Servers
Covering Arlington, Fort Worth, Grand Prairie and surrounding communities.
Tarrant County, Texas and Johnson County, Texas.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.