Home Mail Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

View Poll Results: What is your stance on aliens?
They come here and the government has some understanding and talks with them, has ships and bodies, and knows something about what they are. 25 16.23%
They come here, and the government investigates sightings and keeps secrets and has evidence but they don't know much. 31 20.13%
They exist and they come here but no one (including government) has any solid physical evidence or shocking secrets. 11 7.14%
They exist and are intelligent and could come here but they don't. 18 11.69%
Intelligent life exists in some form but can't come here because of distance/technology challenges. 54 35.06%
Something exists out there somewhere but it isn't intelligent. 8 5.19%
There are no life forms anywhere else. 7 4.55%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2015, 07:46 PM  
mr. tegu mr. tegu is offline
Forever Royal
 
mr. tegu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Casino cash: $1400
What is your stance on aliens?

I am curious to see where everyone stands on this. Asking about a stance on UFOs could be a different topic with different options so feel to give your thoughts on that as well.
Posts: 14,979
mr. tegu 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.mr. tegu 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.mr. tegu 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.mr. tegu 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.mr. tegu 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.mr. tegu 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.mr. tegu 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.mr. tegu 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.mr. tegu 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.mr. tegu 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.mr. tegu 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:01 PM   #256
Mrs. Loopner Mrs. Loopner is offline
Starter
 
Mrs. Loopner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NotAllowed2TellStrangers
Casino cash: $6593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lane View Post
And why the **** do people keep thinking UFOs are going to hover a few hundred feet up. That has to be the stupidest idea ever. We can read a license plate from space but these advanced creatures have to hover 500 feet off the ground. Retarded.
Apparently they love anal probing and you'd think they'd be smart enough to stop going in the exit.
Butt maybe they visit because of the wealth of a-holes on this planet and they hover because they're choosy about who's a-hole to probe next.
__________________
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? ~Stephen Wright
Posts: 473
Mrs. Loopner has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mrs. Loopner has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mrs. Loopner has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mrs. Loopner has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mrs. Loopner has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mrs. Loopner has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mrs. Loopner has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mrs. Loopner has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mrs. Loopner has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mrs. Loopner has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mrs. Loopner has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:13 PM   #257
Psyko Tek Psyko Tek is offline
special teams
 
Psyko Tek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Mesa AZ
Casino cash: $15765
OH they are here
and very real
they deflated Tom Brady's balls
__________________
Psyko Tek

The keyboard has been drinking,
Posts: 12,018
Psyko Tek is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Psyko Tek is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Psyko Tek is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Psyko Tek is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Psyko Tek is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Psyko Tek is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Psyko Tek is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Psyko Tek is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Psyko Tek is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Psyko Tek is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Psyko Tek is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:41 PM   #258
Lex Luthor Lex Luthor is offline
Lock him up!
 
Lex Luthor's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Casino cash: $22875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Its pretty hilarious that some people want to slam my "appeal to the authority" of people like the highest military officer in the US, or the head of the CIA... but then they turn right around and quote Neil Tyson as a rebuttal.

If "appeals to authority" are good enough for them, they're good enough for me.
You apparently don't understand what "appeal to authority" means.

To say "Aliens from other planets have visited Earth, and the proof I offer is that these smart guys said so", THAT IS AN APPEAL TO AUTHORITY. You offer no evidence. You offer no logical argument. You say it must be true because these authority figures said so.

When I quote Neil DeGrasse Tyson saying "The U in UFO stands for UNIDENTIFIED" and "Just because you can't identify what it is, that doesn't mean it's SPACE ALIENS", I am NOT saying "It's not true because Neil DeGrasse Tyson says it's not true".

I am saying "Hey, Neil DeGrasse Tyson just made a pretty good point. I find his argument to be convincing, not because Neil DeGrasse Tyson said it, but because it makes logical sense". That is NOT an appeal to authority. That is simply giving proper credit to an idea that I have heard, evaluated, and decided that I agree with.

I could just as easily have omitted any reference to Neil DeGrasse Tyson and my argument wouldn't change one iota. My argument would still be "Just because you can't identify it, that doesn't automatically mean a space alien did it". If you omit your references to high-ranking military officers and the head of the CIA, your argument completely falls apart. There is nothing left.

Do you see the difference?
Posts: 14,261
Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:54 PM   #259
Dave Lane Dave Lane is offline
Space Cadet and Aczabel
 
Dave Lane's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Kansas City, Mo, USA
Casino cash: $43375
VARSITY
__________________
Thanks, Trump for the civics lesson. We are learning so much about impeachment, the 25th Amendment, order of succession, nepotism, separation of powers, 1st Amendment, obstruction of justice, the emoluments clause, Logan Act, conflicts of interest, collusion, sanctions, oligarchs, money laundering and so much more.
Posts: 39,478
Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:02 PM   #260
Lex Luthor Lex Luthor is offline
Lock him up!
 
Lex Luthor's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Casino cash: $22875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lane View Post


So far that's the most convincing evidence for space aliens that anyone has offered up in this thread.
Posts: 14,261
Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:15 PM   #261
Rausch Rausch is offline
Angry Drunken Morlock
 
Rausch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $51762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post


So far that's the most convincing evidence for space aliens that anyone has offered up in this thread.
Unless you see one for yourself. Then it's ok to believe.

Even if you've spent most of your life belittling and ridiculing those who've said they've witnessed one...
__________________
Quote:
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico
I wish I always ended up at gay bars.
Posts: 69,492
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:04 AM   #262
Fish Fish is offline
Entropy happens
 
Fish's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $29019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
Unless you see one for yourself. Then it's ok to believe.

Even if you've spent most of your life belittling and ridiculing those who've said they've witnessed one...
I was out raccoon hunting one night, and saw something that I was completely convinced was alien. Several lights moving slowly. I knew it wasn't any manmade airplane/blimp/helicopter. I witnessed something, and I was convinced it was from another planet.

Until I found out otherwise, and found out that I had mistakenly misidentified it. But up until the point I was shown the truth, I was 100% convinced it was extraterrestrial. My eyewitness account was completely wrong. It turned out to be a manmade spacecraft breaking up in the atmosphere.

Had I not found out days later about the truth, I would still to this day believe I saw something alien. Eyewitness accounts are terribly unreliable. Even your own.....
__________________
Posts: 37,833
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:05 AM   #263
loochy loochy is offline
DELETE! DELETE! DELETE!
 
loochy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TECKSIS
Casino cash: $30852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lane View Post
so why does that UFO mean aliens?
__________________
You are my obsolete mule. I am broken brilliance.

Aaah Brother Nero, I knew you'd come!

Posts: 31,948
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:06 AM   #264
loochy loochy is offline
DELETE! DELETE! DELETE!
 
loochy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TECKSIS
Casino cash: $30852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
I was out raccoon hunting one night, and saw something that I was completely convinced was alien. Several lights moving slowly. I knew it wasn't any manmade airplane/blimp/helicopter. I witnessed something, and I was convinced it was from another planet.

Until I found out otherwise, and found out that I had mistakenly misidentified it. But up until the point I was shown the truth, I was 100% convinced it was extraterrestrial. My eyewitness account was completely wrong. It turned out to be a manmade spacecraft breaking up in the atmosphere.

Had I not found out days later about the truth, I would still to this day believe I saw something alien. Eyewitness accounts are terribly unreliable. Even your own.....
Nope, it was definitely aliens. The breaking up spacecraft story was planted by the government.
__________________
You are my obsolete mule. I am broken brilliance.

Aaah Brother Nero, I knew you'd come!

Posts: 31,948
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:35 AM   #265
ptlyon ptlyon is offline
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough
 

Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Sioux City, IA
Casino cash: $10023929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lane View Post
And why the **** do people keep thinking UFOs are going to hover a few hundred feet up. That has to be the stupidest idea ever. We can read a license plate from space but these advanced creatures have to hover 500 feet off the ground. Retarded.
How else are they going to get close enough to capture Rain Man for anal probing?
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Advertise here: $19.99 a month
Posts: 21,068
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:42 AM   #266
loochy loochy is offline
DELETE! DELETE! DELETE!
 
loochy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TECKSIS
Casino cash: $30852
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
How else are they going to get close enough to capture Rain Man for anal probing?
Maybe by paying him $5.
__________________
You are my obsolete mule. I am broken brilliance.

Aaah Brother Nero, I knew you'd come!

Posts: 31,948
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:48 AM   #267
Fish Fish is offline
Entropy happens
 
Fish's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $29019
Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
Maybe by paying him $5.
WTF he told me $10.
__________________
Posts: 37,833
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:14 AM   #268
kcxiv kcxiv is online now
In Search of a Life
 
kcxiv's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Central Valley, Cali
Casino cash: $28096
the more and more i watch documentaries, the less and less i believe. Do i think there is other life in our universe? absolutely, but i'm not sure they have made it to earth. I could be wrong, who knows.
Posts: 28,187
kcxiv is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kcxiv is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kcxiv is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kcxiv is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kcxiv is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kcxiv is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kcxiv is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kcxiv is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kcxiv is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kcxiv is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kcxiv is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 10:11 AM   #269
Beef Supreme Beef Supreme is offline
MVP
 
Beef Supreme's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Casino cash: $19660
My stance on aliens?

How about the Creed stance. Or maybe one of these.

Posts: 8,732
Beef Supreme has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Beef Supreme has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Beef Supreme has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Beef Supreme has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Beef Supreme has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Beef Supreme has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Beef Supreme has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Beef Supreme has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Beef Supreme has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Beef Supreme has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Beef Supreme has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 11:47 AM   #270
Lex Luthor Lex Luthor is offline
Lock him up!
 
Lex Luthor's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Casino cash: $22875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
Unless you see one for yourself. Then it's ok to believe.

Even if you've spent most of your life belittling and ridiculing those who've said they've witnessed one...
If I ever see a light in the sky and immediately start claiming that it's definitive proof that we have been visited by aliens from another planet, feel free to belittle me and ridicule me all you want. I would deserve it.

Now if somebody were to report seeing something MORE than a light in the sky, that would be a different matter altogether. If somebody said "Hey, I saw the spaceship! I saw the aliens!", it's an entirely different conversation. Then it would be all about details and credibility, not leaping to a fantastic and far-fetched conclusion.
Posts: 14,261
Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:29 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
Fort Worth Texas Process Servers
Covering Arlington, Fort Worth, Grand Prairie and surrounding communities.
Tarrant County, Texas and Johnson County, Texas.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.