Home Mail Chat Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > Media Center

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2018, 02:16 PM  
Direckshun Direckshun is offline
Make America Great Again
 
Direckshun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Springpatch
Casino cash: $33532
James Gunn fired from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.

Bunch of old tweets surfaced after some conservative activist outed some of his tweets from 2009-2012 making gross pedophilia jokes. Gunn hates President Trump's guts, so he was targeted by the group.

Somebody else here can post the tweets, as I'm on my phone, but mostly it reads like mindless stupidity, but yeah -- they were totally made in public on Twitter and Gunn works (worked) for Disney now, so.

I've got mixed feelings, but it's hard to argue that Gunn didn't deserve the ax, even though it's going to hurt the quality of one of the best movie properties out there.
Posts: 54,233
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 02:37 PM   #91
Rausch Rausch is offline
Angry Drunken Morlock
 
Rausch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $51762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme View Post
On the one hand, people should shut the **** up on twitter. The glorious thing about the internet is that you can be anonymous. If you want to say stupid shit in full view of the public and it gets you in trouble, well that's kinda your own fault, dumbass.
Yup.

If I ever entertained the idea of public office my posts on CP alone would end that journey before it ever began.

We all do stupid things when we're young. It's a part of growing up. The problem is when you put that whole journey on the internet it may as well have happened yesterday. It's a point that's nearly impossible to get across to young people today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme View Post
On the other hand, the social media lynch mob is completely out of hand. Papa John's dude gets fired, Roseanne, fired, Gunn, fired, we could probably list 20 more semi-famous people fired or had their careers ruined without putting much effort into it. For stupid shit. To quote Hunt for Red October - This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it.
There's a difference between an isolated comment/post/tweet and THOUSANDS of jokes about pedophilia. I'm not saying a person's life should be ruined but I think it's reasonable to see why he shouldn't be making children's movies.
__________________
Quote:
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico
I wish I always ended up at gay bars.
Posts: 68,662
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:42 PM   #92
Spott Spott is online now
I ♥ Boobs
 
Spott's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Casino cash: $5231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Bautista aint messin around........



Over the weekend, Dave Bautista weighed in (yet again) on the dire situation facing the production of Marvel's Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 3: following the termination of James Gunn, the project is now in desperate need of a director, and Disney may even need to push the film's start date back until they find someone who wants the job (you can read more about that right here).

We already knew the rest of the Guardians cast wasn't thrilled about this situation, but Bautista has seemed ... well, he's certainly been the most outspoken member of the group.


Dave Bautista

@DaveBautista
I will do what Im legally obligated to do but @Guardians without @JamesGunn is not what I signed up for. GOTG w/o @JamesGunn just isn’t GOTG. Its also pretty nauseating to work for someone who’d empower a smear campaign by fascists #cybernazis . That’s just how I feel

Elias Eliot
@eliaseliot
@DaveBautista Love your support for @JamesGunn. Do you have any plans or response if Disney doesn’t reinstate him for GotG3?

6:13 PM - Aug 5, 2018
51.5K
13.7K people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Now, in a new interview with ShortList, Bautista has doubled-down on his displeasure with the studio, and says that if they aren't planning to use James Gunn's script for Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 3, well ... they might need to hire themselves a new Drax.

Here's the quote:

“Nobody’s defending his tweets, but this was a smear campaign on a good man. I spoke to Chris Pratt the day after it happened and he’s a bit religious so he wanted time to pray and figure it out, but I was more like: **** this. This is bullshit. James is one of the kindest, most decent people I’ve met.

“Where I’m at right now is that if [Marvel] don’t use that script, then I’m going to ask them to release me from my contract, cut me out or recast me. I’d be doing James a disservice if I didn’t.”


https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2018/08...-script-isnt-u
So it sounds like Drax and Starlord are going to survive Avengers 4.
Posts: 12,548
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 04:11 PM   #93
Just Passin' By Just Passin' By is offline
In Search of a Life
 
Just Passin' By's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Casino cash: $30624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme View Post
On the one hand, people should shut the **** up on twitter. The glorious thing about the internet is that you can be anonymous. If you want to say stupid shit in full view of the public and it gets you in trouble, well that's kinda your own fault, dumbass.

On the other hand, the social media lynch mob is completely out of hand. Papa John's dude gets fired, Roseanne, fired, Gunn, fired, we could probably list 20 more semi-famous people fired or had their careers ruined without putting much effort into it. For stupid shit. To quote Hunt for Red October - This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it.
This should have been easy from day one. If it's not done on work time, and it's not work related, it's not work's business.

But the left decided that free speech meant anything-but-free speech (and the right had been guilty of it from time to time even before the 'modern' era of this crap, so neither party is completely on the side of the angels with this), so here we are.

Last edited by Just Passin' By; 08-08-2018 at 04:19 PM..
Posts: 26,815
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 04:26 PM   #94
WhiteWhale WhiteWhale is offline
Bring it on Ahab!
 
WhiteWhale's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Doo-Dah
Casino cash: $15252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
I'm curious why you used the term trolling to describe Gunn's activities and hate mob to describe his repercussions.
For that matter, your calculus in using the term retribution instead of repercussion might be interesting as well.
These are pedantic questions that do nothing to address the issue of hyper sensitive pussies getting people fired for jokes on the internet. I used different words to prevent redundancy. It's normal. Gunn isn't innocent regarding whipping up hate mobs. I don't feel bad for HIM, I'm just sick of he disgusting hypocrisy and lack of any moral standard on this issue from all sides.

As for why I use retribution, the answer is obvious. It's a more accurate descriptor.

As far as I'm concerned i"m one of the only ****ing people around here who's consistent on this.

Don't fire people for jokes. Who they support politically doesn't alter my values as much as it does the rest. I'm against it. I don't feel bad for gunn as an individual. I just think you guys on both sides are making entertainment boring as **** all to win political points which serve NO ****ING PURPOSE other than self satisfaction.

I don't believe in gerrymandering my values. Never have. I'm a free speech advocate, not a "free speech for me, but not for thee" advocate. This is exactly why I said the worst thing the left can do is punt the issue of free speech to the right, because the right doesn't really value it. It's just a convenience for them now because the left is so openly against it and it's an easy win, but they'll abandon it overnight if that becomes the most beneficial path.

Last edited by WhiteWhale; 08-08-2018 at 04:36 PM..
Posts: 11,033
WhiteWhale has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.WhiteWhale has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.WhiteWhale has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.WhiteWhale has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.WhiteWhale has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.WhiteWhale has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.WhiteWhale has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.WhiteWhale has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.WhiteWhale has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.WhiteWhale has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.WhiteWhale has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 05:39 PM   #95
Baby Lee Baby Lee is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $58698
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post
These are pedantic questions that do nothing to address the issue of hyper sensitive pussies getting people fired for jokes on the internet. I used different words to prevent redundancy. It's normal. Gunn isn't innocent regarding whipping up hate mobs. I don't feel bad for HIM, I'm just sick of he disgusting hypocrisy and lack of any moral standard on this issue from all sides.

As for why I use retribution, the answer is obvious. It's a more accurate descriptor.

As far as I'm concerned i"m one of the only ****ing people around here who's consistent on this.

Don't fire people for jokes. Who they support politically doesn't alter my values as much as it does the rest. I'm against it. I don't feel bad for gunn as an individual. I just think you guys on both sides are making entertainment boring as **** all to win political points which serve NO ****ING PURPOSE other than self satisfaction.

I don't believe in gerrymandering my values. Never have. I'm a free speech advocate, not a "free speech for me, but not for thee" advocate. This is exactly why I said the worst thing the left can do is punt the issue of free speech to the right, because the right doesn't really value it. It's just a convenience for them now because the left is so openly against it and it's an easy win, but they'll abandon it overnight if that becomes the most beneficial path.
Well THAT was a tad more inflammatory, misguided and self-aggrandizing than I I expected. But you do you.

In the abstract, I agree that people are too sensitive. But I disagree that being sanguine about how Gunn is treated is 'abandoning a priniciple.'

I have the principle that people are too sensitive about a lot of things. But I also acknowledge that these sensitive people wield a lot of power and aren't going anywhere.

More importantly [for me, let me know if you disagree, . . . or even CONSIDERED] in the case of Gunn, this principle of against societal hypersenstivity comes up hard against another principle I have that people who are active in imposing rules must exist in the world they create, even when it doesn't go well for them.

I'm not abandoning the principle of free expression because Gunn is liberal, or because he's a vocal opponent of any particular thing or other that I support. I'm superceding that principle of free expression with the principle of living in the world you create because Gunn has been vocal in the excommunication and dispossession of people IN HIS VERY PROFESSION who say things that offend him EVEN IF THEY'RE JOKING.

I know plenty of entertainers who have said even MORE twisted stuff than Gunn, and I haven't said a thing . . . because they AREN"T HYPOCRITES about offensive speech. They're not leading the charge to create this environment you hate.

I don't know, maybe you're oblivious to how involved Gunn has been in shaming entertainers who go off reservation. Or maybe you know and don't care.

I still fully support free expression. But to make a living as an entertainer/creative is still a privilege. And it's a privilege with a queue of motivated and talented people a mile long right outside the door to replace the discarded. So I'm marginally less passionate about the free expression of an individual who has already been handsomely rewarded and chooses to devote so much of his time and power trying to shove nonconformists out of the boat, . . when that culture comes back and bites them in the ass.

And the purpose isn't simple retribution. As a hypothetical, suppose you and I shared identical levels of passion and devotion to free expression. And further suppose we are similarly outraged at the scandalmongering and shaming that drives people out of creative pursuits.

My hope in holding those who impose these restrictions to the standards they set is that they will one day be less judgmental if people they like [or people they are] suffer a bit from their own stifling environment. This incident with Gunn is an opportunity to alter perspectives.

What is your hope in letting the instigators escape their self-created repercussions? Your own self-satisfied adherence to principle? A MOVIE? What does your approach do to actually move towards societal realization of your precious principles?

Last edited by Baby Lee; 08-08-2018 at 06:37 PM..
Posts: 74,007
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:05 PM   #96
Baby Lee Baby Lee is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $58698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
I know plenty of entertainers who have said even MORE twisted stuff than Gunn, and I haven't said a thing . . . because they AREN"T HYPOCRITES about offensive speech. They're not leading the charge to create this environment you hate.
And if you need specificity, . . and I can go all night with examples.

The closest to the Gunn situation are, in my estimation Judd Apatow and Michael Ian Black.

Both shame and exile, and both have said some corrosive stuff in their history. But I'm not storming the Bastille over them. In MIB's case, I feel a little sorry for him because, even though he's a smarmy douche, he's also relatively harmless and hasn't garnered the highest accolades and powers that others might have. OTOH, I probably wouldn't shed TOO many tears if I learned either of them lost out on a role or project or two. Not that either are likely to, either.

Another near them is Whedon. Though his problems are more in his misogyny than his depravity of humor.

Somewhat at a remove I'd put the likes of Harmon/Roiland, who have some truly vile stuff that they once generated in the name of humor. They're partially unstable semi-geniuses who have already suffered in their way for their crassness [Harmon has been fired many times from things he's been integral to or even foundational, and Roiland is nowhere near as famous as he should be. But you sense they know how ****ed up their mental processes and senses of humor are and, while they are vociferously judgmental in the politcal realm are not exclusionary in the creative realm.
Posts: 74,007
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 07:43 PM   #97
DaFace DaFace is offline
Kind of a mod
 
DaFace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Donkey Land
Casino cash: $26984
This is a lot of stuff that "sources said," so take it with a grain of salt, but apparently:
  1. Gunn may still make $10m from the film because he didn't breach his contract. (The "offense" happened long before the contract was signed.)
  2. He may be released from all Disney obligations immediately due to the situation, which means...
  3. He could possibly go to another studio pretty much immediately, and a number of them have already called about trying to get him on board. That said...
  4. There are also rumors Disney could even have him back again in the future after the dust settles.
It would be kind of hilarious if he gets $10m from Disney to go to DC and actually fix some of their damn awful movies.
Posts: 37,587
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:14 AM   #98
Rausch Rausch is offline
Angry Drunken Morlock
 
Rausch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $51762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
And if you need specificity, . . and I can go all night with examples.

The closest to the Gunn situation are, in my estimation Judd Apatow and Michael Ian Black.

Both shame and exile, and both have said some corrosive stuff in their history. But I'm not storming the Bastille over them. In MIB's case, I feel a little sorry for him because, even though he's a smarmy douche, he's also relatively harmless and hasn't garnered the highest accolades and powers that others might have. OTOH, I probably wouldn't shed TOO many tears if I learned either of them lost out on a role or project or two. Not that either are likely to, either.

Another near them is Whedon. Though his problems are more in his misogyny than his depravity of humor.

Somewhat at a remove I'd put the likes of Harmon/Roiland, who have some truly vile stuff that they once generated in the name of humor. They're partially unstable semi-geniuses who have already suffered in their way for their crassness [Harmon has been fired many times from things he's been integral to or even foundational, and Roiland is nowhere near as famous as he should be. But you sense they know how ****ed up their mental processes and senses of humor are and, while they are vociferously judgmental in the politcal realm are not exclusionary in the creative realm.
When Bryan Singer goes without notice all the above seems shallow.

And as long as people put politics first (you did it so it's fair for me to!) and things like freedom of speech and forgiveness second this will just get worse.

For both sides...
__________________
Quote:
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico
I wish I always ended up at gay bars.
Posts: 68,662
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:26 AM   #99
DJ's left nut DJ's left nut is offline
Still Dicking Bimbos At Home
 
DJ's left nut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbia, Mo
Casino cash: $19199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
When Bryan Singer goes without notice all the above seems shallow.

And as long as people put politics first (you did it so it's fair for me to!) and things like freedom of speech and forgiveness second this will just get worse.

For both sides...
I guess the way I see the 'retaliatory' strikes is as a sort of mutually assured destruction, or at least as a harbinger of it.

Look - I'm not going to try to stay completely neutral here. I absolutely think the progressive left started this shit and they are the most frequent drivers of it. But if the right does nothing but stand idly by and get attacked, the left will never back off it. You can logically, neutrally point out its chilling effect on humor, speech, education - everything all day - they won't care. It's blood in the water for them and the social media mob/affirmation is an aphrodisiac.

The only way the left stops punching here is if enough of them get hit back. If they then realize that this shit has an opportunity to truly scorch the earth and make things unnecessarily uncomfortable for everyone, the fight's just gonna be one-sided; conservatives getting punched in the mouth.

It's not a "you did it so I get to do it" thing - it's a "how 'bout you guys see how this is going to hurt YOU as well so NEITHER of us will do it anymore" kind of thing.

These mobs suck. They suck when they happen to conservative pundits, liberal directors, athletes, professors, whatever. They ****ing suck and I want them to stop from ALL sides. But the right trying to sit there and stay above the fray just made them the only folks getting barbecued. If they want this approach to stop, they have to show the other side the possible consequences.

"He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue..."
__________________
"If there's a god, he's laughing at us.....and our football team..."

"When you look at something through rose colored glasses, all the red flags just look like flags."
Posts: 32,982
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:44 AM   #100
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $19337
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I guess the way I see the 'retaliatory' strikes is as a sort of mutually assured destruction, or at least as a harbinger of it.

Look - I'm not going to try to stay completely neutral here. I absolutely think the progressive left started this shit and they are the most frequent drivers of it. But if the right does nothing but stand idly by and get attacked, the left will never back off it. You can logically, neutrally point out its chilling effect on humor, speech, education - everything all day - they won't care. It's blood in the water for them and the social media mob/affirmation is an aphrodisiac.

The only way the left stops punching here is if enough of them get hit back. If they then realize that this shit has an opportunity to truly scorch the earth and make things unnecessarily uncomfortable for everyone, the fight's just gonna be one-sided; conservatives getting punched in the mouth.

It's not a "you did it so I get to do it" thing - it's a "how 'bout you guys see how this is going to hurt YOU as well so NEITHER of us will do it anymore" kind of thing.

These mobs suck. They suck when they happen to conservative pundits, liberal directors, athletes, professors, whatever. They ****ing suck and I want them to stop from ALL sides. But the right trying to sit there and stay above the fray just made them the only folks getting barbecued. If they want this approach to stop, they have to show the other side the possible consequences.

"He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue..."
This is the rationale for a Trump presidency in a nutshell, IMO.
__________________


“Boy, you all want power. God, I hope you never get it.” - Lindsay Graham
Posts: 97,697
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:45 AM   #101
Baby Lee Baby Lee is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $58698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
When Bryan Singer goes without notice all the above seems shallow.

And as long as people put politics first (you did it so it's fair for me to!) and things like freedom of speech and forgiveness second this will just get worse.

For both sides...
Again, and DJLN goes into more specificity than I do, I'm trying hard to keep it out of politics and in psychology/sociology.

I'm a Skinnerian. It's a psychological perspective more than a political leaning. But I believe that people respond inexorably to punishment and reward.

So the key is to be very specific about what you reward and punish and why.

That's why I don't support censoring or punishing people who have different political views, but I do support punishing people who create punitive social environments they themselves are not living up to.
Posts: 74,007
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:47 AM   #102
Baby Lee Baby Lee is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $58698
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
This is the rationale for a Trump presidency in a nutshell, IMO.
Not sure that it's simply the rationale, so much as its a concise summation of a segment of his appeal.

It may seem a bit of a chicken/egg thing, I think there is a difference between the electorate saying 'I demand an attack dog' and Trump saying 'I'll be an attack dog' and the electorate responding 'sounds appealing.'
Posts: 74,007
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:49 AM   #103
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $19337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Not sure that it's simply the rationale, so much as its a concise summation of a segment of his appeal.
Ok, I'll buy that.
__________________


“Boy, you all want power. God, I hope you never get it.” - Lindsay Graham
Posts: 97,697
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:57 AM   #104
Baby Lee Baby Lee is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $58698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
When Bryan Singer goes without notice all the above seems shallow.
Need to expand on this. I did not purposefully omit Singer. As I said, I can tick off countless examples, but just picked a couple for illustrative purposes.

A couple confounding variables in the Singer matter.

First, for all the depths of depravity whispered about his actions, he's been astounding in his ability to keep a lid on it and marginalization of the accusers. The accuser who recanted was a big deal, taking a lot of heat off. But in time Spacey may prove as big a deal, if he finds himself cornered and in danger, rather than simply ostracized.

He's a ticking time bomb, but there's been an absence of smoke/fire/gun. . . . hard evidence.

Second, separate and apart from the question of whether he is guilty of what is whispered about him, he has kept a low profile far away from the cesspool of judgment. It's probably a self-preservation move. But he's largely content to make movies and **** teenage boys in his pool.
Posts: 74,007
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 06:15 PM   #105
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
In Search of a Life
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $34554
Disney might reinstate Gunn


EXCLUSIVE: Might there be a glimmer of hope for change of heart in the quick banishment of Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn from the Magic Kingdom? Nobody is talking about it, but sources said that back channel conversations are taking place between Marvel Studios and Disney. Sources said the Marvel contingent is trying to persuade Disney to explore a compromise that might bring Gunn back into the fold for Guardians 3, something that clearly would be best for the franchise. There is no clash or strong arming here. I’m told it’s a discussion that comes in the wake of the whole cast declaring their loyalty to Gunn, whose abrupt exit has put a thriving film franchise in a rocky place. One would have to label this 11th hour approach to be a long shot, but the community is talking about it.

https://deadline.com/2018/08/james-g...pt-1202443199/
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 58,119
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:55 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
Fort Worth Texas Process Servers
Covering Arlington, Fort Worth, Grand Prairie and surrounding communities.
Tarrant County, Texas and Johnson County, Texas.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.