Home Mail Chat Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > Media Center

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2017, 02:23 PM  
keg in kc keg in kc is offline
oxymoron
 
keg in kc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: OP/KC/Whatever
Casino cash: $26399
Avengers: Infinity War

(Thinking we've abused the Civil War thread enough...)

Posts: 55,955
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 01:37 AM   #706
MephistophelesJanx MephistophelesJanx is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Jan 2017
Casino cash: $500
Quote:
Originally Posted by banecat View Post
I was talking with a friend that I hadn't since this came out. So we went over it. I brought up that if Cap goes who should take up the shield. He was like why does someone have to pick up that mantle. Now I ask why does anyone have to take up that mantle?
To go along with the comic book continuity?

If anyone picks up the mantle of Captain America immediately... it will likely either be Bucky or Falcon. If they let the character be for a while then he will likely be brought back via reboot.
Posts: 782
MephistophelesJanx has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.MephistophelesJanx has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.MephistophelesJanx has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.MephistophelesJanx has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.MephistophelesJanx has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.MephistophelesJanx has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.MephistophelesJanx has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.MephistophelesJanx has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.MephistophelesJanx has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.MephistophelesJanx has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.MephistophelesJanx has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 02:33 AM   #707
banecat banecat is offline
Warped Nihilist
 
banecat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: WI, MO, WA, TX, now KS
Casino cash: $500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx View Post
To go along with the comic book continuity?

If anyone picks up the mantle of Captain America immediately... it will likely either be Bucky or Falcon. If they let the character be for a while then he will likely be brought back via reboot.
Didn't know that. But they needed, or will need to do a lot to keep the comic continuity
Posts: 3,104
banecat has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.banecat has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.banecat has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.banecat has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.banecat has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.banecat has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.banecat has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.banecat has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.banecat has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.banecat has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.banecat has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 09:33 PM   #708
Buehler445 Buehler445 is offline
Supporter
 
Buehler445's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Scott City KS
Casino cash: $44834
Finally saw it yesterday. They need to stop releasing this shit when I have fieldwork to do!

It was good. It was really good to see everybody on screen. They did a great job of managing it all.

Holland’s performance as he was fading away hit hard. That was really really good filmmaking. I watched an emergency awesome video where he made an interesting connection. He said his first scene on the film was his Spidey sense standing up his hair and before he started fading away he said he didn’t feel so good whereas everybody else it just happened. His Spidey sense told him something bad was going to happen before it did. Quality shit there.

Problem is though, as soon as he faded away I thought “Nope. They’re getting them all back”. It took me out of it. It’s not the movie or the writings fault. It’s mine. But it happened.
Posts: 37,663
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:08 AM   #709
BigRichard BigRichard is offline
Buddy Christ is a Chiefs fan
 
BigRichard's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Casino cash: $19646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Finally saw it yesterday. They need to stop releasing this shit when I have fieldwork to do!

It was good. It was really good to see everybody on screen. They did a great job of managing it all.

Holland’s performance as he was fading away hit hard. That was really really good filmmaking. I watched an emergency awesome video where he made an interesting connection. He said his first scene on the film was his Spidey sense standing up his hair and before he started fading away he said he didn’t feel so good whereas everybody else it just happened. His Spidey sense told him something bad was going to happen before it did. Quality shit there.

Problem is though, as soon as he faded away I thought “Nope. They’re getting them all back”. It took me out of it. It’s not the movie or the writings fault. It’s mine. But it happened.
That was the only thing, I thought maybe this was the way they would get rid of the older guys that they needed to get rid of. I believe the Black Panther was the third guy to go and I said, nope, they are all or most coming back.

But then again, you have to look at this as one big movie and the second one is just the second half of it. Most movies the bad guy wins at some point and you know the good guys are going to come out on top at some point, you just don't know how.
__________________
"You know, they lay down with their ugly wives in front of their ugly children and just look at their loser lives and then they look at me and say, "I CAN'T PROCESS IT!" Well, no, and you never will. Stop trying. Just sit back and enjoy the show .... You know?"

Carlos Irwin Estevez
Posts: 5,936
BigRichard is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BigRichard is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BigRichard is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BigRichard is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BigRichard is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BigRichard is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BigRichard is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BigRichard is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BigRichard is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BigRichard is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BigRichard is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:31 AM   #710
Buehler445 Buehler445 is offline
Supporter
 
Buehler445's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Scott City KS
Casino cash: $44834
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRichard View Post
That was the only thing, I thought maybe this was the way they would get rid of the older guys that they needed to get rid of. I believe the Black Panther was the third guy to go and I said, nope, they are all or most coming back.

But then again, you have to look at this as one big movie and the second one is just the second half of it. Most movies the bad guy wins at some point and you know the good guys are going to come out on top at some point, you just don't know how.
Right. And I’m trying not to let it adversely affect my view of the movie. It’s my fault not marvel.
Posts: 37,663
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:34 AM   #711
Superturtle Superturtle is online now
The man you could post like.
 
Superturtle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Casino cash: $19755
I need more Dr. Strange vs Thanos. That was awesome.
Posts: 11,881
Superturtle 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Superturtle 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Superturtle 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Superturtle 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Superturtle 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Superturtle 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Superturtle 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Superturtle 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Superturtle 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Superturtle 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Superturtle 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:48 AM   #712
BigRedChief BigRedChief is online now
Has a particular set of skills
 
BigRedChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: On the water
Casino cash: $39727
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRichard View Post
That was the only thing, I thought maybe this was the way they would get rid of the older guys that they needed to get rid of. I believe the Black Panther was the third guy to go and I said, nope, they are all or most coming back.

But then again, you have to look at this as one big movie and the second one is just the second half of it. Most movies the bad guy wins at some point and you know the good guys are going to come out on top at some point, you just don't know how.
They already have contracts and or announced release dates for GotGIII, SpideyII with Holland, Black PantherII etc. they are not fooling anyone. Some may "really" die in AV4 but to make it seem that they all just died in AV3, who's going to buy that.
__________________
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
/Oscar Wilde
Posts: 61,659
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:10 AM   #713
Swanman Swanman is offline
It's a league game, Dude
 
Swanman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Itasca, IL
Casino cash: $17454
Quote:
Originally Posted by crayzkirk View Post
Finally saw this... had to be the longest ending credit crawl in history. Nice how Disney made sure they didn't drop an F-bomb at the end. I was left with mostly being sad at how it ended and Thanos is really short sighted in his solutions...
In one review, a guy brought up a good point. If the gauntlet allows you to do anything, why couldn't Thanos make there be more than enough food and lower birth rates to control populations? Well, because it would mean there is no movie, but it's a funny way to look at it.

I liked the comic book motivation more, when he was trying to impress Death.
Posts: 4,447
Swanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:09 AM   #714
Buehler445 Buehler445 is offline
Supporter
 
Buehler445's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Scott City KS
Casino cash: $44834
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
They already have contracts and or announced release dates for GotGIII, SpideyII with Holland, Black PantherII etc. they are not fooling anyone. Some may "really" die in AV4 but to make it seem that they all just died in AV3, who's going to buy that.
Well, like I said that’s our fault, not necessarily the film’s. We are all ****ing nerds and dive into everything we can about these films.

I think they know they’re not fooling all of us but the film independent of the media coverage shouldn’t be judged on account of it.
Posts: 37,663
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:47 AM   #715
DaFace DaFace is offline
Kind of a mod
 
DaFace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Donkey Land
Casino cash: $26984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Well, like I said that’s our fault, not necessarily the film’s. We are all ****ing nerds and dive into everything we can about these films.

I think they know they’re not fooling all of us but the film independent of the media coverage shouldn’t be judged on account of it.
Eh, I wouldn't think most people would believe that Black Panther is dead right after introducing him regardless of their awareness of future plans.

Though I agree that the knowledge that some characters will certainly be back took a bit away from the emotional impact of the ending, I have to think that the creative team knew that's how it would land and were fine with it. These are superhero films after all - they don't want to be TOO depressing.

Last edited by DaFace; 05-21-2018 at 10:01 AM..
Posts: 36,834
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:44 AM   #716
Bowser Bowser is offline
Eff an A, Cotton
 
Bowser's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: KC North
Casino cash: $230000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Eh, I wouldn't think most people would believe that Black Panther is dead right after introducing him regardless of their awareness of future plans.

Though I agree that the knowledge that some characters will certainly be back took a bit away from the emotional impact of the ending, I have to think that the creative team knew that's how it would land and were fine with it. These are superhero films after all - they don't want to be TOO depressing.
Posts: 70,533
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:21 AM   #717
Rausch Rausch is offline
Angry Drunken Morlock
 
Rausch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $51762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Well, like I said that’s our fault, not necessarily the film’s. We are all ****ing nerds and dive into everything we can about these films.

I think they know they’re not fooling all of us but the film independent of the media coverage shouldn’t be judged on account of it.
This film was based off an almost 30 year old comic storyline.

SPOILERS - they aren't going to murder their cinematic universe (cash cow.)
__________________
Quote:
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico
I wish I always ended up at gay bars.
Posts: 68,262
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 06:16 PM   #718
beach tribe beach tribe is offline
Keep doubting J MFing Houston
 
beach tribe's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2007
Location: ft.lauderdale
Casino cash: $24136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanman View Post
In one review, a guy brought up a good point. If the gauntlet allows you to do anything, why couldn't Thanos make there be more than enough food and lower birth rates to control populations? Well, because it would mean there is no movie, but it's a funny way to look at it.

I liked the comic book motivation more, when he was trying to impress Death.
That's simple:

1)He came to the conclusion that genocidal population control was the only solution to Titans problem long before he ever set out to obtain the gauntlet.

2) he needed to see the results of this cut in population to confirm to himself and whoever may have questioned the idea, that it was the answer to the problem at the time, and would have worked.
Posts: 21,366
beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 06:20 PM   #719
DaFace DaFace is offline
Kind of a mod
 
DaFace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Donkey Land
Casino cash: $26984
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach tribe View Post
That's simple:

1)He came to the conclusion that genocidal population control was the only solution to Titans problem long before he ever set out to obtain the gauntlet.

2) he needed to see the results of this cut in population to confirm to himself and whoever may have questioned the idea, that it was the answer to the problem at the time, and would have worked.
And

3) It's a comic book movie. They're not exactly 100% logical. As another example, the Wakandans have super-advanced technology and badass rhinos that are trained in combat. But for an alien invasion? Let's just end out foot soldiers for hand-to-hand combat.
Posts: 36,834
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 07:03 PM   #720
Tribal Warfare Tribal Warfare is offline
The Boom Boom Room
 
Tribal Warfare's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Far Beyond Comprehension
Casino cash: $22627
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
And

3) It's a comic book movie. They're not exactly 100% logical. As another example, the Wakandans have super-advanced technology and badass rhinos that are trained in combat. But for an alien invasion? Let's just end out foot soldiers for hand-to-hand combat.
Russo Bros ripped off Matthew Vaughn's Kingsman plot
__________________
Posts: 32,371
Tribal Warfare has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Tribal Warfare has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Tribal Warfare has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Tribal Warfare has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Tribal Warfare has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Tribal Warfare has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Tribal Warfare has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Tribal Warfare has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Tribal Warfare has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Tribal Warfare has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Tribal Warfare has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:32 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
Fort Worth Texas Process Servers
Covering Arlington, Fort Worth, Grand Prairie and surrounding communities.
Tarrant County, Texas and Johnson County, Texas.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.