Home Mail Chat Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > Washington DC and The Holy Land

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2017, 02:06 PM  
Just Passin' By Just Passin' By is offline
In Search of a Life
 
Just Passin' By's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Casino cash: $30624
NYT: Louis C.K. Crossed a Line Into Sexual Misconduct, 5 Women Say

Quote:
...Now, after years of unsubstantiated rumors about Louis C.K. masturbating in front of associates, women are coming forward to describe what they experienced. Even amid the current burst of sexual misconduct accusations against powerful men, the stories about Louis C.K. stand out because he has so few equals in comedy. In the years since the incidents the women describe, he has sold out Madison Square Garden eight times, created an Emmy-winning TV series, and accumulated the clout of a tastemaker and auteur, with the help of a manager who represents some of the biggest names in comedy. And Louis C.K. built a reputation as the unlikely conscience of the comedy scene, by making audiences laugh about hypocrisy ó especially male hypocrisy....
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/09/a...isconduct.html

The Jacobins are learning, first hand (no pun intended), what usually happens to Jacobins.
Posts: 22,029
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 10:53 AM   #61
Rausch Rausch is offline
Angry Drunken Morlock
 
Rausch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Jefferson City, mo., USA
Casino cash: $51762
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
I'm pretty sure he did what is alleged. I just see it as weird. It not assault or forcible the way it is described. Doesn't mean he whens public opinion and he's in a world of press hell.
I love his comedy.

If he's guilty, **** him.

I just want more than half-hearted accusations before I crucify the guy...
__________________
Quote:
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico
I wish I always ended up at gay bars.
Posts: 65,318
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 12:38 PM   #62
AustinChief AustinChief is offline
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $29212
So let's recap one of these accusations...

Two grown ass women went back to his hotel room of their own accord after drinking until the bars closed.

Louis Ck then asks them to watch him jerk off.

He proceeds to jerk off.

They STAY until he finishes.

All pretty weird but in no way shape or form is that misconduct... just creepy.
Posts: 18,356
AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 01:04 PM   #63
blake5676 blake5676 is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $10423
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/10/a...statement.html

Spoiler!


Dude owned it. Good for him, IMO.
Posts: 696
blake5676 would the whole thing.blake5676 would the whole thing.blake5676 would the whole thing.blake5676 would the whole thing.blake5676 would the whole thing.blake5676 would the whole thing.blake5676 would the whole thing.blake5676 would the whole thing.blake5676 would the whole thing.blake5676 would the whole thing.blake5676 would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 01:17 PM   #64
KCUnited KCUnited is online now
Cheating Death
 
KCUnited's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chiraq
Casino cash: $28344
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake5676 View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/10/a...statement.html

Spoiler!


Dude owned it. Good for him, IMO.
Quote:
And I can hardly wrap my head around the scope of hurt I brought on them.
Dude still has it. Masturbating as he typed that.

Last edited by KCUnited; 11-10-2017 at 01:23 PM..
Posts: 19,331
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 01:19 PM   #65
Rausch Rausch is offline
Angry Drunken Morlock
 
Rausch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Jefferson City, mo., USA
Casino cash: $51762
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
So let's recap one of these accusations...

Two grown ass women went back to his hotel room of their own accord after drinking until the bars closed.

Louis Ck then asks them to watch him jerk off.

He proceeds to jerk off.

They STAY until he finishes.

All pretty weird but in no way shape or form is that misconduct... just creepy.
Pretty much.

I mean, it's all weird but...
__________________
Quote:
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico
I wish I always ended up at gay bars.
Posts: 65,318
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 01:37 PM   #66
ClevelandBronco ClevelandBronco is offline
Banned
 
ClevelandBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Casino cash: $19055
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
So let's recap one of these accusations...

Two grown ass women went back to his hotel room of their own accord after drinking until the bars closed.

Louis Ck then asks them to watch him jerk off.

He proceeds to jerk off.

They STAY until he finishes.

All pretty weird but in no way shape or form is that misconduct... just creepy.
It's clearly misconduct. Fortunately, even Louis is capable of understanding that much.
__________________
"Faith and reason are like two wings on which the human spirit rises to the contemplation of truth ..."
Ė Pope Saint John Paul II
Posts: 23,874
ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 01:48 PM   #67
AustinChief AustinChief is offline
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $29212
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco View Post
It's clearly misconduct. Fortunately, even Louis is capable of understanding that much.
How so? I want a clear explanation of how these poor powerless/voiceless women were abused by him in the hotel room instance. Calling it misconduct is ridiculous.
Posts: 18,356
AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 02:28 PM   #68
Hoopsdoc Hoopsdoc is offline
Servant of God
 
Hoopsdoc's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Caretaker, Overlook Hotel
Casino cash: $19905
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake5676 View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/10/a...statement.html

Spoiler!


Dude owned it. Good for him, IMO.
I love Louis CK and I'm glad to see this.

Funniest dude I've ever seen.
__________________
Quote:
And as for you, brothers and sisters, never tire of doing what is right.2 Thess 3:13
Quote:
"Back out on that road again,
Turn this beast into the wind,
There are those who break and bend,
I'm the other kind. I'm the other kind.
Steve Earle, The Other Kind.
Posts: 3,807
Hoopsdoc is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Hoopsdoc is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Hoopsdoc is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Hoopsdoc is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Hoopsdoc is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Hoopsdoc is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Hoopsdoc is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Hoopsdoc is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Hoopsdoc is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Hoopsdoc is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Hoopsdoc is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 02:30 PM   #69
vailpass vailpass is offline
Certified Organic & Free Range
 
vailpass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Casino cash: $24344
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
Dude, I am far from a Louis CK fan... I also think his probably nuts. Just trying to figure out what mindset he was in after partying all night with 2 girls and them agreeing to go to his hotel room. I just don't see where he broke the law. As I said before, if they were forced to stay in his hotel room, then that is wrong. However, from what I've read they were not. The lady also could of hung up the phone when she thought she heard what she was hearing, and he asked the one lady if he could do it and she said no and that was it...

Not somebody I admire, or go see, but not illegal. That was the point.
Yep. It's weird. That's it. People running around with their hair on fire because the current media climate in this country is set to trigger on any little thing.
__________________
These are the times that try men's souls.
The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will in this crisis shrink from the service of his country, but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.
Thomas Paine
Posts: 48,261
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 02:31 PM   #70
vailpass vailpass is offline
Certified Organic & Free Range
 
vailpass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Casino cash: $24344
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
How so? I want a clear explanation of how these poor powerless/voiceless women were abused by him in the hotel room instance. Calling it misconduct is ridiculous.
^
__________________
These are the times that try men's souls.
The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will in this crisis shrink from the service of his country, but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.
Thomas Paine
Posts: 48,261
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 02:35 PM   #71
ClevelandBronco ClevelandBronco is offline
Banned
 
ClevelandBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Casino cash: $19055
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
How so? I want a clear explanation of how these poor powerless/voiceless women were abused by him in the hotel room instance. Calling it misconduct is ridiculous.
Please raise no children.

And if you want a clear explanation of why this is misconduct, read Louis's words, not mine.
__________________
"Faith and reason are like two wings on which the human spirit rises to the contemplation of truth ..."
Ė Pope Saint John Paul II
Posts: 23,874
ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:10 PM   #72
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Wounding Vaginas Since 2000
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Hollywood
Casino cash: $54848
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
I'm pretty sure he did what is alleged. I just see it as weird. It not assault or forcible the way it is described. Doesn't mean he whens public opinion and he's in a world of press hell.
Nope

"I want to address the stories told to the New York Times by five women named Abby, Rebecca, Dana, Julia who felt able to name themselves and one who did not," C.K. wrote in a statement released by his publicist, Lewis Kay.

"These stories are true," he admitted. "At the time, I said to myself that what I did was okay because I never showed a woman my (penis) without asking first, which is also true. But what I learned later in life, too late, is that when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your (penis) isnít a question. Itís a predicament for them. The power I had over these women is that they admired me. And I wielded that power irresponsibly."

Louie's official statement (as released by his PR agent):

"I have been remorseful of my actions. And I've tried to learn from them. And run from them. Now Iím aware of the extent of the impact of my actions. I learned yesterday the extent to which I left these women who admired me feeling badly about themselves and cautious around other men who would never have put them in that position.

I also took advantage of the fact that I was widely admired in my and their community, which disabled them from sharing their story and brought hardship to them when they tried because people who look up to me didn't want to hear it. I didn't think that I was doing any of that because my position allowed me not to think about it. There is nothing about this that I forgive myself for. And I have to reconcile it with who I am. Which is nothing compared to the task I left them with.

I wish I had reacted to their admiration of me by being a good example to them as a man and given them some guidance as a comedian, including because I admired their work.

The hardest regret to live with is what you've done to hurt someone else. And I can hardly wrap my head around the scope of hurt I brought on them. Iíd be remiss to exclude the hurt that Iíve brought on people who I work with and have worked with whose professional and personal lives have been impacted by all of this, including projects currently in production: the cast and crew of Better Things, Baskets, The Cops, One Mississippi, and I Love You, Daddy. I deeply regret that this has brought negative attention to my manager Dave Becky who only tried to mediate a situation that I caused. Iíve brought anguish and hardship to the people at FX who have given me so much: The Orchard who took a chance on my movie, and every other entity that has bet on me through the years.

Iíve brought pain to my family, my friends, my children and their mother.

I have spent my long and lucky career talking and saying anything I want. I will now step back and take a long time to listen. Thank you for reading."
Posts: 77,349
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:11 PM   #73
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Wounding Vaginas Since 2000
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Hollywood
Casino cash: $54848
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
How so? I want a clear explanation of how these poor powerless/voiceless women were abused by him in the hotel room instance. Calling it misconduct is ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
^
From Louie himself:

"At the time, I said to myself that what I did was okay because I never showed a woman my (penis) without asking first, which is also true. But what I learned later in life, too late, is that when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your (penis) isnít a question. Itís a predicament for them. The power I had over these women is that they admired me. And I wielded that power irresponsibly."
Posts: 77,349
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:14 PM   #74
Hoopsdoc Hoopsdoc is offline
Servant of God
 
Hoopsdoc's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Caretaker, Overlook Hotel
Casino cash: $19905
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
From Louie himself:

"At the time, I said to myself that what I did was okay because I never showed a woman my (penis) without asking first, which is also true. But what I learned later in life, too late, is that when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your (penis) isnít a question. Itís a predicament for them. The power I had over these women is that they admired me. And I wielded that power irresponsibly."
Yeah, you can't say Louis hasn't faced up to this.
__________________
Quote:
And as for you, brothers and sisters, never tire of doing what is right.2 Thess 3:13
Quote:
"Back out on that road again,
Turn this beast into the wind,
There are those who break and bend,
I'm the other kind. I'm the other kind.
Steve Earle, The Other Kind.
Posts: 3,807
Hoopsdoc is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Hoopsdoc is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Hoopsdoc is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Hoopsdoc is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Hoopsdoc is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Hoopsdoc is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Hoopsdoc is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Hoopsdoc is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Hoopsdoc is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Hoopsdoc is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Hoopsdoc is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:20 PM   #75
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Wounding Vaginas Since 2000
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Hollywood
Casino cash: $54848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Yeah, you can't say Louis hasn't faced up to this.
He had no choice. There were too many people on record confirming these incidents.

Hopefully, there aren't any more.
Posts: 77,349
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:32 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
Fort Worth Texas Process Servers
Covering Arlington, Fort Worth, Grand Prairie and surrounding communities.
Tarrant County, Texas and Johnson County, Texas.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.