Home Mail Chat Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > Washington DC and The Holy Land

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2017, 08:13 AM  
baitism baitism is offline
MVP
 
baitism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Overland Park, KS
Casino cash: $19651
Michelle Obama's racism bubbles to the surface again

http://www.newsweek.com/michelle-oba...-rhimes-676987

Former first lady Michelle Obama confessed Tuesday that she used to feel embarrassed by the lack of diversity in Congress every year when she attended her husband's State of the Union address.

Watching from the balcony, Obama said she always did a double-take at the divided Congress. One side, she said, was "all men, all white." The other had some women and people of color.


"At the State of the Union address...one side of the room (is) literally gray and white," Obama said in conversation with TV writer/producer Shonda Rhimes at the Pennsylvania Conference for Women. "On the other side of the room there are yellows and blues and whites and greens. Physically, there's a difference in color."

To Obama, the divide symbolized the failure of Congress to truly resemble the nation it serves.

"We should be working actively to mix it up so we're getting a real broad range of perspectives on every issue. Shoot, I would see that in Congress," Obama said.

"I look at that and I go, no wonder. No wonder we struggle, no wonder people don't trust politics," she said, adding that diversity is also an issue in companies across the country. "We're not even noticing what these rooms look like."

Obama isn't wrong. The 115th Congress is the most racially diverse in history, but it's still 81 percent white, according to the Pew Research Center. There are 50 black lawmakers in the chambers, alongside 39 Hispanic members, 15 Asians and 2 Native American politicians.

Congress is also 81 percent male—only 104 women are in the House and Senate. The nation, by comparison, is roughly 50-50 split by gender.

Top businesses aren't doing much better. In the 16 Fortune 500 companies that make their demographic data public, 72 percent of high-ranking officials are white men.



Nice to see the left is more worried about Affirmative Action than having qualified individuals in Congress. Explains how Maxine Waters has a job.
Posts: 7,189
baitism Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.baitism Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.baitism Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.baitism Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.baitism Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.baitism Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.baitism Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.baitism Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.baitism Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.baitism Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.baitism Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 01:49 PM   #91
LaDexter LaDexter is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Jun 2016
Casino cash: $500
The Obama Doctrine:


The only thing that matters is race. Merit does not matter. Truth does not matter. The budget deficit does not matter.

Getting blacks to hate whitey - that matters!!!!!!!!
Posts: 605
LaDexter < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.LaDexter < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.LaDexter < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.LaDexter < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.LaDexter < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.LaDexter < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.LaDexter < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.LaDexter < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.LaDexter < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.LaDexter < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.LaDexter < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 02:59 PM   #92
Pueblo Chieftan Pueblo Chieftan is offline
Bannedfromchoirpractice
 
Pueblo Chieftan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Pueblo,CO
Casino cash: $500
nothing like an entitled white person to tell you your experiences as a person of color do not matter, and that you are just making race relations worse by talking about them. Someone who has literally no clue and who comes from a world where these kinds of problems do not exist.

I watched the whole speech. There is nothing there that is the least bit racist or worth criticizing. Some white Americans are letting their paranoia take them in unhelpful directions. They only wish there was some Angela Davis radical in the White House. The points Michelle Obama makes are not objectionable, they are the truth.
Posts: 1,702
Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 04:24 PM   #93
WhiteWhale WhiteWhale is offline
Bring it on Ahab!
 
WhiteWhale's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Doo-Dah
Casino cash: $15252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblo Chieftan;13132408[b
]nothing like an entitled white person to tell you your experiences as a person of color do not matter, and that you are just making race relations worse by talking about them. [/b]Someone who has literally no clue and who comes from a world where these kinds of problems do not exist.

I watched the whole speech. There is nothing there that is the least bit racist or worth criticizing. Some white Americans are letting their paranoia take them in unhelpful directions. They only wish there was some Angela Davis radical in the White House. The points Michelle Obama makes are not objectionable, they are the truth.
This what is called racial relativism. It's the belief that reality is relative to your race, and that truths are not universal.

This was something the 3rd reich believed in, and was the reason Hitler believed in ethnic homogeneity.

I've lived in neighborhoods that are bad. I've had gun fights in the alley behind my house. Don't tell me what I have and haven't experienced. Raise a white kid in a black neighborhood and tell me about white privilege and racism.

What you said just now is actually more objectionable than what she said. Experiences are anecdotal, and we don't determine truth from anecdotes.
Posts: 7,839
WhiteWhale 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.WhiteWhale 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.WhiteWhale 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.WhiteWhale 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.WhiteWhale 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.WhiteWhale 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.WhiteWhale 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.WhiteWhale 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.WhiteWhale 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.WhiteWhale 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.WhiteWhale 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 04:39 PM   #94
Pueblo Chieftan Pueblo Chieftan is offline
Bannedfromchoirpractice
 
Pueblo Chieftan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Pueblo,CO
Casino cash: $500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post
This what is called racial relativism. It's the belief that reality is relative to your race, and that truths are not universal.

This was something the 3rd reich believed in, and was the reason Hitler believed in ethnic homogeneity.

I've lived in neighborhoods that are bad. I've had gun fights in the alley behind my house. Don't tell me what I have and haven't experienced. Raise a white kid in a black neighborhood and tell me about white privilege and racism.

What you said just now is actually more objectionable than what she said. Experiences are anecdotal, and we don't determine truth from anecdotes.
What exactly is the point of this comment? Are you suggesting that for black people to recount their experience of racism is itself racist against white people? Please.
Posts: 1,702
Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:18 PM   #95
GloryDayz GloryDayz is offline
45, 46, 47....
 
GloryDayz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FEMA-Free Zone
Casino cash: $87480
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaDexter View Post
The Obama Doctrine:


The only thing that matters is race. Merit does not matter. Truth does not matter. The budget deficit does not matter.

Getting blacks to hate whitey - that matters!!!!!!!!
All liberals see is color. They have to see color in order to hate on the colors that aren't theirs.
__________________
URANIUM ONE!!!
Posts: 59,728
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:06 PM   #96
Pueblo Chieftan Pueblo Chieftan is offline
Bannedfromchoirpractice
 
Pueblo Chieftan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Pueblo,CO
Casino cash: $500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
All liberals see is color. They have to see color in order to hate on the colors that aren't theirs.
Can anyone really expect either race to not notice the race of the other? Only in a dream world. Noticing another person's race is just observation. Deciding to treat the other person as if they are an inferior human being because of their race is the problem.
Posts: 1,702
Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:21 PM   #97
GloryDayz GloryDayz is offline
45, 46, 47....
 
GloryDayz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FEMA-Free Zone
Casino cash: $87480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblo Chieftan View Post
Can anyone really expect either race to not notice the race of the other? Only in a dream world. Noticing another person's race is just observation. Deciding to treat the other person as if they are an inferior human being because of their race is the problem.
Yep, and "inferior" is both subjective and a tough topic relative to justice being blind.
__________________
URANIUM ONE!!!
Posts: 59,728
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:59 PM   #98
Pueblo Chieftan Pueblo Chieftan is offline
Bannedfromchoirpractice
 
Pueblo Chieftan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Pueblo,CO
Casino cash: $500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
What do you call it, if you don't like a group of people because you don't like their values and think yours are superior.
Bigotry.
Posts: 1,702
Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:07 PM   #99
Pueblo Chieftan Pueblo Chieftan is offline
Bannedfromchoirpractice
 
Pueblo Chieftan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Pueblo,CO
Casino cash: $500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Yep, and "inferior" is both subjective and a tough topic relative to justice being blind.
I think the main problem is that before the civil rights movement racists could vent their hate safe in the knowledge that it was publicly acceptable and also expected in the South. However it is now socially unacceptable to give voice to their inner hate so they have to find more oblique ways of criticising black people and letting the bile spill out.
Posts: 1,702
Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:38 PM   #100
GloryDayz GloryDayz is offline
45, 46, 47....
 
GloryDayz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FEMA-Free Zone
Casino cash: $87480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblo Chieftan View Post
I think the main problem is that before the civil rights movement racists could vent their hate safe in the knowledge that it was publicly acceptable and also expected in the South. However it is now socially unacceptable to give voice to their inner hate so they have to find more oblique ways of criticising black people and letting the bile spill out.
I don't think many are being honest or open these days. Look no farther than Michelle Obama! Clearly she's racist. And if you don't believe that after reading her comments, you're nuts. She's a white hating piece of shit.
__________________
URANIUM ONE!!!
Posts: 59,728
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:44 PM   #101
Pueblo Chieftan Pueblo Chieftan is offline
Bannedfromchoirpractice
 
Pueblo Chieftan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Pueblo,CO
Casino cash: $500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
I don't think many are being honest or open these days. Look no farther than Michelle Obama! Clearly she's racist. And if you don't believe that after reading her comments, you're nuts. She's a white hating piece of shit.
Alas, land of freedom! I just read the full speech the former First Lady had in TU. Well, it is strong. Indeed.
But call it racist is sooo silly. Who can be so short sighted to miss the point? She is adressing a black comunity, a black audience in a black university. In Alabama! So? But if you read it without focusing on the words "black" and "african", this is a tremendous inspiring speech! For everybody! For all Staters and, to a greatest extend, to every living human being on this rocky planet. She talks about freedom, dreams, expectations. About playng our part in the society we live in regardless of what people around us may think. Only those with their eyes, ears (and brains) shut can miss such a bright speech.Well Done, Mrs. Obama. Well done indeed.
Posts: 1,702
Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:46 PM   #102
GloryDayz GloryDayz is offline
45, 46, 47....
 
GloryDayz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FEMA-Free Zone
Casino cash: $87480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblo Chieftan View Post
Alas, land of freedom! I just read the full speech the former First Lady had in TU. Well, it is strong. Indeed.
But call it racist is sooo silly. Who can be so short sighted to miss the point? She is adressing a black comunity, a black audience in a black university. In Alabama! So? But if you read it without focusing on the words "black" and "african", this is a tremendous inspiring speech! For everybody! For all Staters and, to a greatest extend, to every living human being on this rocky planet. She talks about freedom, dreams, expectations. About playng our part in the society we live in regardless of what people around us may think. Only those with their eyes, ears (and brains) shut can miss such a bright speech.Well Done, Mrs. Obama. Well done indeed.
So when a white person speaks at a white college, in they can say racist shit?

She's a piece of shit, a shit stain on the wall of a college shitter, and she's race baiting.
__________________
URANIUM ONE!!!
Posts: 59,728
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:57 PM   #103
Pueblo Chieftan Pueblo Chieftan is offline
Bannedfromchoirpractice
 
Pueblo Chieftan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Pueblo,CO
Casino cash: $500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
So when a white person speaks at a white college, in they can say racist shit?

She's a piece of shit, a shit stain on the wall of a college shitter, and she's race baiting.
One of my deepest wishes is that people can learn to listen, with humility and open hearts, before jumping in with their own judgements and need to assert their own issues. I am reminded, again, of the importance of simply hearing and acknowledging another's struggles - as we each have our unique challenges and pains. Well done Michelle Obama for speaking out some truths of her own experience that has clearly resonated with the daily experiences of many black Americans, especially women. I only wish people could listen rather than attack. Listen, and you can learn. Attack, and you learn nothing, and miss an opportunity to grow your humanity.
Posts: 1,702
Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:07 PM   #104
GloryDayz GloryDayz is offline
45, 46, 47....
 
GloryDayz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FEMA-Free Zone
Casino cash: $87480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblo Chieftan View Post
One of my deepest wishes is that people can learn to listen, with humility and open hearts, before jumping in with their own judgements and need to assert their own issues. I am reminded, again, of the importance of simply hearing and acknowledging another's struggles - as we each have our unique challenges and pains. Well done Michelle Obama for speaking out some truths of her own experience that has clearly resonated with the daily experiences of many black Americans, especially women. I only wish people could listen rather than attack. Listen, and you can learn. Attack, and you learn nothing, and miss an opportunity to grow your humanity.
Just stop, we're way passed that. You want truths? How many white men have been "not selected" because of affirmative action?
__________________
URANIUM ONE!!!
Posts: 59,728
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:19 PM   #105
Pueblo Chieftan Pueblo Chieftan is offline
Bannedfromchoirpractice
 
Pueblo Chieftan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Pueblo,CO
Casino cash: $500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Just stop, we're way passed that. You want truths? How many white men have been "not selected" because of affirmative action?
Why? They are indicative of the voice of certain segments of the population. I think it is useful to read or hear what they are saying, if only because it's difficult to challenge ignorance we're unaware of.

My theory is that people find it i possible to acknowledge their privilege - white privilege, male privilege, whatever - because to do so would open the question of whether their success in life was actually due to their own merits. If they allow the possibility that large numbers of other people are discriminated against, they might be forced to confront the fact that they have enjoyed unfairly favourable treatment.

I'm a white male. I've had a pretty successful career. I think I was pretty good at what I did. But I have absolutely no doubt that had I been black, or a woman, or a black woman, I would have had much more difficulty in being appointed to the positions I gained. In other words, any successes I had were at least in part attributable to dumb luck, and there may well have been more able and deservng candidates out there who were excluded because they weren't "one of us".

I'm prepared to acknowledge that. Many people aren't.
Posts: 1,702
Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Pueblo Chieftan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:07 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
Fort Worth Texas Process Servers
Covering Arlington, Fort Worth, Grand Prairie and surrounding communities.
Tarrant County, Texas and Johnson County, Texas.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.