Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Royal Lounge > Media Center

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2011, 12:57 PM  
keg in kc keg in kc is offline
oxymoron
 
keg in kc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: OP/KC/Whatever
Casino cash: $6962
Doctor Who

Been meaning to start a thread on this for years and never have for some reason. Big fan of both the original (what I've seen/remember of it...) and the rebooted series.

New doctor:


Last edited by keg in kc; 08-04-2013 at 03:25 PM..
Posts: 51,549
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:37 PM   #61
Jawshco Jawshco is offline
Veteran
 
Jawshco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Clovis, CA
Casino cash: $5025
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc rush View Post
I'm having trouble getting into Torchwood. A little Captain Jack goes a long way in my opinion.
Yes it does! I'm glad he hasn't been around Matt's more effeminate version yet. That might be too weird.

Torchwood's season's have been terrible so far, but the new one looks promising. I'll give it a chance.
Posts: 1,080
Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:42 PM   #62
Jawshco Jawshco is offline
Veteran
 
Jawshco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Clovis, CA
Casino cash: $5025
Impossible Astronaut and Day of the Moon should have been shown together. As a whole I liked them, but was initially disappointed with the cluster mess that was the Impossible Astronaut, however- it totally paid off in Day of the Moon. Those two episodes are inseparable, and I don't think they work as stand alones. Of course, many of the original episodes were that way too.

That last ending was fantastic! No clue who that girl is, but the season is off to a great start. Bring on the Pirates!
Posts: 1,080
Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:44 PM   #63
Jawshco Jawshco is offline
Veteran
 
Jawshco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Clovis, CA
Casino cash: $5025
It's tough to judge all the many companions. I like Ace a lot, she's very attractive. I liked Peri, Romana and of course Sara Jane. However, of the modern series, I have to say I like Donna the most. She's not much to look at, but she's hilarious! She's a strong counter point for the zany Doctor 10. Martha was too whiny for me, and Rose was good, but I liked her chemistry better with Eccelson than with Tenant (which got a little mushy for my tastes). Tate is hilarious on her sketch show. She had a sketch Doctor Who with David Tennant that still has my kids quoting, "Do ya' fancy Billy Piper?"


Last edited by Jawshco; 05-02-2011 at 03:39 PM.. Reason: added video
Posts: 1,080
Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:47 PM   #64
Jawshco Jawshco is offline
Veteran
 
Jawshco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Clovis, CA
Casino cash: $5025
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbabyseal View Post
At :36 in the trailer, the 9th/10th Doctor's Tardis is back!

The guy in that clip looks like Rory, but I don't remember Rory having sideburns. David Tennant obviously has sideburns, but that doesn't look like him.

Could it be Paul McGann? I know BBC had WETA make a new Doctor 8 (who only had the single movie pilot in 1996 that never became a series) costume and sonic screwdriver. It looks cool to me. I see no reason why they couldn't tell the story of Doctor 8 and the time war at some point. Besides, McGann wasn't a bad Doctor- he just had a terrible script to work with and the worst villian possible= Eric Roberts as the Master.

mcgann-armageddonexpo-jonpreddle-2

mcgann-armageddonexpo-jonpreddle-3

mcgann-armageddonexpo-1

This new costume is a definite upgrade from his frilly wear in the movie, and is great segue into Doctor Nine's look.
Posts: 1,080
Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:49 PM   #65
Jawshco Jawshco is offline
Veteran
 
Jawshco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Clovis, CA
Casino cash: $5025
The best line in the Impossible Astronaut, "They worshiped you on Easter Island,"

Easter Island Doctor Who
Posts: 1,080
Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #66
Jawshco Jawshco is offline
Veteran
 
Jawshco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Clovis, CA
Casino cash: $5025
the_11_doctors_by_cpd_91-d3ap05m

These are my rankings of the different Doctors that make up Doctor Who. This list does not include Peter Cushing from the American movie, nor Rowan Atkinson from the comedy relief short (which is great by the way).

These are just my favorites in order of the ones I like the least, to the ones I like the most. Feel free to comment and create your own list.

I rate them like this:

11. Doctor 6- (Colin Baker) - He is easily the worst of all the Doctors. He certainly has the most atroicious bright rainbow colored costume, but the worst part is that he's an unlikeble arrogant jerk on the show. His first line when Doctor 5 dies and regnerates into 6 is like spitting in the face of a much better version of the Doctor. I've heard that he did better later on in audio versions of the story, but I did not like him in the TV show at all.

10. Doctor 1 (William Hartnell)- This was the first doctor, and while it's amazing how many great things started with the old original, the show was boring to me at times when the stayed mostly in Earth's past rather than traveling space. As for the Doctor, I found him creepy. He was like a grumpy old galactic kiddnapper who treats his companions like prisoners rather than friends. He was often forgetful and curmudgeonly. The concept was genius, but this version of the Doctor wasn't for me.

9. Doctor 7- ( Sylvester McCoy)- This Doctor was the short fat one with the question mark umbrella (he kinda looks like a mix between the Penquin and the Riddler from Batman). This was a very professorial Doctor with a wry and dry sense of humor. He was probably the most aloof of all the Doctors, and his young female companion Ace was the main character of the show (somewhat like how Rose was in Series 1), but that's not a bad thing since Ace is one of my favorite DW companions. He wasn't the most entertaining Doctor, but not the worst. The creativity of the DW stories had dried up so much that it would be ten years before we'd see another Doctor Who after this one.

8. Doctor Two- (Patrick Troughten)- this was the first quirky Doctor. He had his little flute-recorder thing and odd sense of sarcastic humor. He was also the first 'bumbling' Doctor, and seems to be an inspiration for Doctors 4 & 11. However, this Doctor actually seemed like a silly hobo that gets lucky now and again and doesn't have the charm of 4 & 11. In the movies, "The 3 Doctors" and "The 5 Doctors," (where we get to see multiple versions of the Doctors interacting) he's definitely one of the most entertaining of the bunch-even if his role is relegated to being the comic foil.

7. Doctor Five- (Peter Davison)- this is the sort of stiff Cricket team looking Doctor. This Doctor is known mostly for the odd celery that he wore on his lapel. It was a bit of eccentricty that worked well for this character, despite his somewhat bland take on the Doctor. The stories for him were good, especially the last episode. From this point forward all these Doctors are ones that I consider to be favorites.

6. Doctor Eight- (Paul McGann)- he had a horrible script in the 1996 movie, and an even worse villain in Eric Robert's take on the Master. To his credit he had the coolest version of the TARDIS and did the best with what he had. I really hope McGann gets another shot at the character, but without all the half-human nonsense this time. The time war would be a great story to tell.

5. Doctor 9- (Christopher Eccleson)- Nine is all out Action Hero. He's not funny per se, but he does have a bit of Mad hatter type of mischievousness to him that I like. He's a fearless space cowboy. He's not as likeable as most Doctors are, but apperently it's number 9 that experienced the Time War (my assumption that it must have been Doctor's 8 & 9) and saw his world destroyed along with all the other members of his race (including Romana who traveled w/ Doctor 4). So I think that accounts for Nine's scarred nature.

4. Doctor 3- (Jon Pertwee)- Doctor 3 dressed flamboyantly, loved his cool car and had a sneaky child-like humor that Matt Smith seems emulate. He could be both commanding as he led the UNIT army, and unassuming as he pretended to play the fool when it served him. Unfortunately some of his stories were a bit boring because he was stuck on Earth for awhile as a punishment from the Time Lords. This is probably the most charming versions of the Doctor to date.

3. Doctor 11- (Matt Smith)- he's the silly bumbling type of Doctor that acts like child at times, but can also play the role with a serious sage-like quality. Kind of a quirkier version of Yoda. That's if Yoda loved bow ties, silly hats, and eating fish sticks with custard. He has the potential of being the funniest and possibly most entertaining of the Doctors. However, I think at times he's a bit bi-polar. He can be a bit jerky (as in The Beast Below) and then turn back into the silly Doctor the next second. I don't know if the split-personality is intentional or due to uneven writing, but I hope they iron that out soon. He's off to a great start this season.

2. Doctor 4 - (Tom Baker)- he's the adventurous Doctor that has a funny curiosity about him. He loves that insane scarf (knitted by Lady Socrates), talks to his robot dog, and always seems like a genius hiding in the guise of a silly Hobo. His stories were some of the best and most inventive episodes in the history of Doctor Who, featuring the writing of Douglas Adams and even having a cameo by John Cleese. I honestly, feel almost sacrilegious not putting him as number one, because if anyone is the definitive Doctor Who it IS Tom Baker, but I wasn't around in his era, and therefore he isn't the Doctor that I caught onto first.

1. Doctor 10 (David Tennent)- he's the fun, clever, charismatic Doctor who seems part Mad Scientist and part action Hero. Always entertaining. He's the coolest of the Doctors for sure. Some complain that he's like the Ace Ventura of Doctors, but he was also the Doctor for some of my favorite stories and he highered the level of what it meant to be the Doctor. Tennant's acting chops were also spot on. He could be both believeably intense without seeming jerky and bi-polar like Matt Smith. He was charming and funny, and from the very first moment he arrived on screen in his Arthur Dent robe to battle a hideous alien in a sword fight to the death (with a wink to both Star Wars and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy), I knew I'd like him. It's unfortunate that the set of "specials" that he was in during the end of his tenure did not live up to the episodes of any of the seasons he was in. His finale and death were especially disappointing. That wasn't Tennant's fault, I think the RTD era writers had lost their creative steam. However, his "half-Time Lord," clone still lives in the alternate reality with Rose and could return to future episodes.

Last edited by Jawshco; 05-03-2011 at 02:05 AM..
Posts: 1,080
Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:45 PM   #67
Jawshco Jawshco is offline
Veteran
 
Jawshco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Clovis, CA
Casino cash: $5025
Rowan Atkinson as Doctor 9 in the "Curse of the Fatal Death," hilarious!

Posts: 1,080
Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:28 PM   #68
vailpass vailpass is offline
Yah Mules!
 
vailpass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Casino cash: $10021
Anybody watch the "Doctor Who Comes To America" hour special? Pretty cool how-its-made stuff.
Posts: 37,280
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:41 PM   #69
AZORChiefFan AZORChiefFan is offline
New and shiny.
 
AZORChiefFan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Portland, OR
Casino cash: $6195
I downloaded the 2010 Doctor Who Prom it's pretty cool and I wish I could've been there. Here's a link to the description: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who_Prom_(2010)

I too am excited to see who the little girl at the end of the episode turns out to be. First thought is River Song in some form or another but that seems to easy or maybe I just haven't thought it through enough.
Posts: 9,965
AZORChiefFan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.AZORChiefFan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.AZORChiefFan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.AZORChiefFan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.AZORChiefFan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.AZORChiefFan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.AZORChiefFan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.AZORChiefFan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.AZORChiefFan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.AZORChiefFan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.AZORChiefFan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:13 PM   #70
deadbabyseal deadbabyseal is offline
Starter
 
deadbabyseal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Casino cash: $2575
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZChiefFan View Post

I too am excited to see who the little girl at the end of the episode turns out to be. First thought is River Song in some form or another but that seems to easy or maybe I just haven't thought it through enough.
I think the little girl is River, and I think Rory and Amy are her parents. Of course I could be completely wrong.
__________________

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you.
Posts: 333
deadbabyseal 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellideadbabyseal 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellideadbabyseal 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellideadbabyseal 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellideadbabyseal 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellideadbabyseal 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellideadbabyseal 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellideadbabyseal 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellideadbabyseal 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellideadbabyseal 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellideadbabyseal 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:50 AM   #71
Jawshco Jawshco is offline
Veteran
 
Jawshco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Clovis, CA
Casino cash: $5025
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbabyseal View Post
I think the little girl is River, and I think Rory and Amy are her parents. Of course I could be completely wrong.
It's an interesting theory that the show seems to hint at, but I think that's the red herring. We only know she's a timelord and shared a picture with Amy Pond, and was abducted by a Space Suit that later kills the Doctor. Given that info, it can't be Amy and Rory's child because neither are Time Lords. It's somewhat unlikely to be River, because she's from the distant future and is traveling in opposite directions from the doctor, which I assume wouldn't be a problem is she were a Time Lord.

I have two theories- 1. It's the return of Jenny, the Doctor's daughter; 2. It's the return of Romana. Although, I've heard the books say Romana is dead for good, we never see the Time war on screen and have no way of knowing if Romana is truly dead. She's a Time Lord and former companion to the Doctor, so it would be interesting.

I think River will be the Wife to an older version of this Doctor, but she'll be a young lady in the distant future- Jim the Fish times when the Doctor is 1100 years old, and River is in her 20's. The girl in the 60's is too young to be the River of the Future. But you never know with that wibbly wobbly, timey, whimey stuff.
Posts: 1,080
Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:12 AM   #72
keg in kc keg in kc is offline
oxymoron
 
keg in kc's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: OP/KC/Whatever
Casino cash: $6962
Prequel to the next episode...



Trailers...



Posts: 51,549
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:20 PM   #73
Valiant Valiant is offline
Valiant 'The Thread Killer'
 
Valiant's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawshco View Post
the_11_doctors_by_cpd_91-d3ap05m

These are my rankings of the different Doctors that make up Doctor Who. This list does not include Peter Cushing from the American movie, nor Rowan Atkinson from the comedy relief short (which is great by the way).

These are just my favorites in order of the ones I like the least, to the ones I like the most. Feel free to comment and create your own list.

I rate them like this:

11. Doctor 6- (Colin Baker) - He is easily the worst of all the Doctors. He certainly has the most atroicious bright rainbow colored costume, but the worst part is that he's an unlikeble arrogant jerk on the show. His first line when Doctor 5 dies and regnerates into 6 is like spitting in the face of a much better version of the Doctor. I've heard that he did better later on in audio versions of the story, but I did not like him in the TV show at all.

10. Doctor 1 (William Hartnell)- This was the first doctor, and while it's amazing how many great things started with the old original, the show was boring to me at times when the stayed mostly in Earth's past rather than traveling space. As for the Doctor, I found him creepy. He was like a grumpy old galactic kiddnapper who treats his companions like prisoners rather than friends. He was often forgetful and curmudgeonly. The concept was genius, but this version of the Doctor wasn't for me.

9. Doctor 7- ( Sylvester McCoy)- This Doctor was the short fat one with the question mark umbrella (he kinda looks like a mix between the Penquin and the Riddler from Batman). This was a very professorial Doctor with a wry and dry sense of humor. He was probably the most aloof of all the Doctors, and his young female companion Ace was the main character of the show (somewhat like how Rose was in Series 1), but that's not a bad thing since Ace is one of my favorite DW companions. He wasn't the most entertaining Doctor, but not the worst. The creativity of the DW stories had dried up so much that it would be ten years before we'd see another Doctor Who after this one.

8. Doctor Two- (Patrick Troughten)- this was the first quirky Doctor. He had his little flute-recorder thing and odd sense of sarcastic humor. He was also the first 'bumbling' Doctor, and seems to be an inspiration for Doctors 4 & 11. However, this Doctor actually seemed like a silly hobo that gets lucky now and again and doesn't have the charm of 4 & 11. In the movies, "The 3 Doctors" and "The 5 Doctors," (where we get to see multiple versions of the Doctors interacting) he's definitely one of the most entertaining of the bunch-even if his role is relegated to being the comic foil.

7. Doctor Five- (Peter Davison)- this is the sort of stiff Cricket team looking Doctor. This Doctor is known mostly for the odd celery that he wore on his lapel. It was a bit of eccentricty that worked well for this character, despite his somewhat bland take on the Doctor. The stories for him were good, especially the last episode. From this point forward all these Doctors are ones that I consider to be favorites.

6. Doctor Eight- (Paul McGann)- he had a horrible script in the 1996 movie, and an even worse villain in Eric Robert's take on the Master. To his credit he had the coolest version of the TARDIS and did the best with what he had. I really hope McGann gets another shot at the character, but without all the half-human nonsense this time. The time war would be a great story to tell.

5. Doctor 9- (Christopher Eccleson)- Nine is all out Action Hero. He's not funny per se, but he does have a bit of Mad hatter type of mischievousness to him that I like. He's a fearless space cowboy. He's not as likeable as most Doctors are, but apperently it's number 9 that experienced the Time War (my assumption that it must have been Doctor's 8 & 9) and saw his world destroyed along with all the other members of his race (including Romana who traveled w/ Doctor 4). So I think that accounts for Nine's scarred nature.

4. Doctor 3- (Jon Pertwee)- Doctor 3 dressed flamboyantly, loved his cool car and had a sneaky child-like humor that Matt Smith seems emulate. He could be both commanding as he led the UNIT army, and unassuming as he pretended to play the fool when it served him. Unfortunately some of his stories were a bit boring because he was stuck on Earth for awhile as a punishment from the Time Lords. This is probably the most charming versions of the Doctor to date.

3. Doctor 11- (Matt Smith)- he's the silly bumbling type of Doctor that acts like child at times, but can also play the role with a serious sage-like quality. Kind of a quirkier version of Yoda. That's if Yoda loved bow ties, silly hats, and eating fish sticks with custard. He has the potential of being the funniest and possibly most entertaining of the Doctors. However, I think at times he's a bit bi-polar. He can be a bit jerky (as in The Beast Below) and then turn back into the silly Doctor the next second. I don't know if the split-personality is intentional or due to uneven writing, but I hope they iron that out soon. He's off to a great start this season.

2. Doctor 4 - (Tom Baker)- he's the adventurous Doctor that has a funny curiosity about him. He loves that insane scarf (knitted by Lady Socrates), talks to his robot dog, and always seems like a genius hiding in the guise of a silly Hobo. His stories were some of the best and most inventive episodes in the history of Doctor Who, featuring the writing of Douglas Adams and even having a cameo by John Cleese. I honestly, feel almost sacrilegious not putting him as number one, because if anyone is the definitive Doctor Who it IS Tom Baker, but I wasn't around in his era, and therefore he isn't the Doctor that I caught onto first.

1. Doctor 10 (David Tennent)- he's the fun, clever, charismatic Doctor who seems part Mad Scientist and part action Hero. Always entertaining. He's the coolest of the Doctors for sure. Some complain that he's like the Ace Ventura of Doctors, but he was also the Doctor for some of my favorite stories and he highered the level of what it meant to be the Doctor. Tennant's acting chops were also spot on. He could be both believeably intense without seeming jerky and bi-polar like Matt Smith. He was charming and funny, and from the very first moment he arrived on screen in his Arthur Dent robe to battle a hideous alien in a sword fight to the death (with a wink to both Star Wars and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy), I knew I'd like him. It's unfortunate that the set of "specials" that he was in during the end of his tenure did not live up to the episodes of any of the seasons he was in. His finale and death were especially disappointing. That wasn't Tennant's fault, I think the RTD era writers had lost their creative steam. However, his "half-Time Lord," clone still lives in the alternate reality with Rose and could return to future episodes.
I don't know. None of the world remembers tennants exploits except the doctor and song so far. There is a possibility but I think they did it so the fans can move on and create more memorable characters.
Posts: 15,179
Valiant is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Valiant is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Valiant is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Valiant is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Valiant is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Valiant is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Valiant is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Valiant is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Valiant is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Valiant is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Valiant is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:25 PM   #74
Valiant Valiant is offline
Valiant 'The Thread Killer'
 
Valiant's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawshco View Post
It's an interesting theory that the show seems to hint at, but I think that's the red herring. We only know she's a timelord and shared a picture with Amy Pond, and was abducted by a Space Suit that later kills the Doctor. Given that info, it can't be Amy and Rory's child because neither are Time Lords. It's somewhat unlikely to be River, because she's from the distant future and is traveling in opposite directions from the doctor, which I assume wouldn't be a problem is she were a Time Lord.

I have two theories- 1. It's the return of Jenny, the Doctor's daughter; 2. It's the return of Romana. Although, I've heard the books say Romana is dead for good, we never see the Time war on screen and have no way of knowing if Romana is truly dead. She's a Time Lord and former companion to the Doctor, so it would be interesting.

I think River will be the Wife to an older version of this Doctor, but she'll be a young lady in the distant future- Jim the Fish times when the Doctor is 1100 years old, and River is in her 20's. The girl in the 60's is too young to be the River of the Future. But you never know with that wibbly wobbly, timey, whimey stuff.
I think the timeline got messedup between the doctor and song. The kid is theirs, but she does not remember it or it did not happen to her, but a different her. Rory and amy are godparents. And the astronaught is the doctor or song.

My theory anyway.
Posts: 15,179
Valiant is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Valiant is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Valiant is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Valiant is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Valiant is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Valiant is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Valiant is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Valiant is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Valiant is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Valiant is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Valiant is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:42 AM   #75
Jawshco Jawshco is offline
Veteran
 
Jawshco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Clovis, CA
Casino cash: $5025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
I think the timeline got messedup between the doctor and song. The kid is theirs, but she does not remember it or it did not happen to her, but a different her. Rory and amy are godparents. And the astronaught is the doctor or song.

My theory anyway.
The God Parent thing makes sense in terms of the Amy Pond picture, but I still think she's the Doctor's Daughter from series 4. But, in the past aliens have tried to kill the doctor to steal his regeneration power. Could this girl in the Space Suit have stolen the power to regenerate rather than being an actual time Lord. Plus, she does look a little like Amy Pond. Another thing to think about- why did seeing the Silence have the morning sickness effect on only River and Amy. That has to be related somehow. Either that or the Moff, is loading up on red herrings.

I hope this series doesn't continue down the "Lost" storytelling path. Answering questions with questions all season could become dull. I
Know this week's episode is a one parter that doesn't answer any questions from last week. So far, the Black Spot is getting terrible reviews.
Posts: 1,080
Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jawshco must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:54 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.