Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2005, 10:23 PM   Topic Starter
Logical Logical is offline
Screw U if U can't take a joke
 
Logical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $94931
Russ (KCWolfman)

This was going to be a rant, but I have reconsidered.

I will start by making a simple request. I would appreciate it if you will attempt to not interject yourself directly in responding to my posting with others on religion/religious based topics and I will attempt to do the same for you.

I have tried to explain (many times) my belief in God and even to a certain extent that I believe in Christianity (just not that it is the only way a person can get to heaven).

You have chosen to impugn my beliefs and to even (at least I believe) declare that I cannot believe in God.

You are so self-righteous in your statements on religion that I find myself disliking Christians instead of just your statements. I have always made it clear that my dislikes are with organized religions not people being religious. Yet you continually try to make our debates about me disliking most or all things religious. You are one of two people on this BB that have made me feel that way at times (Kotter being the other).

If anything your statements have driven me even further away from religion and made me question whether being a Christian is a good thing given your and Kotter's examples. I do not like that result and I hope that you do not actually desire this result.

Unlike you I will not call you a liar, but I do feel you are less than honest and certainly not what I would consider a good Christian example, if you are not in reality un-Christian in your dealings.

I would like to continue to debate with and against you on other topics. If you are unwilling to do this you have had me on iggy before and I guess that is the second best alternative.
Posts: 31,579
Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 10:27 PM   #2
CHIEF4EVER CHIEF4EVER is offline
Just a man in the 'ghan
 
CHIEF4EVER's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Jalalabad, Afghanistan
Casino cash: $8983
Quote:
I have tried to explain (many times) my belief in God and even to a certain extent that I believe in Christianity (just not that it is the only way a person can get to heaven).
What other way is there? Color me confused...........
__________________
"Igitur qui deciderat pacem, praeparatur bellum" -Flavius Vegetius Renatus
Posts: 13,672
CHIEF4EVER is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CHIEF4EVER is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CHIEF4EVER is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CHIEF4EVER is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 10:31 PM   #3
Logical Logical is offline
Screw U if U can't take a joke
 
Logical's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $94931
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIEF4EVER
What other way is there? Color me confused...........
I really do not want to create a debate on the topic in this thread. If you want to discuss it in another thread I will be happy to do so.
Posts: 31,579
Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 10:39 PM   #4
CHIEF4EVER CHIEF4EVER is offline
Just a man in the 'ghan
 
CHIEF4EVER's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Jalalabad, Afghanistan
Casino cash: $8983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav
I really do not want to create a debate on the topic in this thread. If you want to discuss it in another thread I will be happy to do so.
No problem brother. We will discuss it in another thread of your choosing.
__________________
"Igitur qui deciderat pacem, praeparatur bellum" -Flavius Vegetius Renatus
Posts: 13,672
CHIEF4EVER is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CHIEF4EVER is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CHIEF4EVER is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CHIEF4EVER is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 10:59 PM   #5
Mr. Kotter Mr. Kotter is offline
Lookin' for the answers...
 
Mr. Kotter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Somewhere else
Casino cash: $10932500
Jim, I'm sorry you feel this way. Seriously. I must say though, your indignation over the "self-righteous" attitudes of others is....a bit...well, ironic, shall we say?

You also should consider that one's persona on a discussion board, when conversing with others on controversial and moral topics tends to become more elevated rhetoric and inflamed passion that would be subdued in face-to-face debates of such issues.

I realize some take the bulletin board personas we may project as indicative of personalities....and while they may offer some insight, they can also be caricatures of the real life version. In other words, don't over-analyze us so much...
__________________
Alex Smith will be better than Geno or Cassel, Alex Smith will be better than Geno or Cassel, Alex Smith will be better than Geno or Cassel, Alex Smith will be better than Geno or Cassel...
Posts: 39,996
Mr. Kotter has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 11:09 PM   #6
KC Jones KC Jones is offline
Genious
 
KC Jones's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Colorado
Casino cash: $54281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter
Jim, I'm sorry you feel this way. Seriously. I must say though, your indignation over the "self-righteous" attitudes of others is....a bit...well, ironic, shall we say?

You also should consider that one's persona on a discussion board, when conversing with others on controversial and moral topics tends to become more elevated rhetoric and inflamed passion that would be subdued in face-to-face debates of such issues.

I realize some take the bulletin board personas we may project as indicative of personalities....and while they may offer some insight, they can also be caricatures of the real life version. In other words, don't over-analyze us so much...
So you're not really a jewish school teacher that returned to his impoverished childhood bronx neighborhood to help the local kids escape?


I feel so cheated right now.
__________________
re-sign: to sign again
resign: to withdraw from employment
Posts: 5,322
KC Jones must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KC Jones must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KC Jones must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KC Jones must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KC Jones must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KC Jones must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KC Jones must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KC Jones must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KC Jones must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KC Jones must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KC Jones must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 11:21 PM   #7
Logical Logical is offline
Screw U if U can't take a joke
 
Logical's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $94931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter
Jim, I'm sorry you feel this way. Seriously. I must say though, your indignation over the "self-righteous" attitudes of others is....a bit...well, ironic, shall we say?

You also should consider that one's persona on a discussion board, when conversing with others on controversial and moral topics tends to become more elevated rhetoric and inflamed passion that would be subdued in face-to-face debates of such issues.

I realize some take the bulletin board personas we may project as indicative of personalities....and while they may offer some insight, they can also be caricatures of the real life version. In other words, don't over-analyze us so much...
I am arrogant no question, it is hard to honestly assess oneself, but I do not view myself as self-righteous (but I consider that classification reserved to morality and religious issues) at least on religious issues. Perhaps in my desire for tolerance I might be viewed as hard-core, but to be self-righteous would it not need to be an issue that you have a personal stake in?

I am very much like my BB persona in real life (I think you would find that in talking to Big Daddy, Phil, Austinchief and Endo all who have talked to me in person for enough time to get to know me) so I guess I expect it of others. It certainly is true for Phil, Brad(Rausch), Tim (Frazod), Stevieray, Endo and Big Daddy. Perhaps you take on another personality when you are on the BB, if so I am sorry to hear it. I prefer people who are real whether dealing one on one or communicating via a non-face to face methodology. Though I have never met Russ in person unlike you I have never gotten the impression he tries to act any different on the BB than he would in real life. Your mulitiple personality thing is the reason I might have suspected with you, however I had always given you the benefit of the doubt when you posted under your prime BB username.
Posts: 31,579
Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 11:40 PM   #8
KCWolfman KCWolfman is offline
Fall down 7 times, get up 8
 
KCWolfman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $9182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav

I would like to continue to debate with and against you on other topics. If you are unwilling to do this you have had me on iggy before and I guess that is the second best alternative.
I am sure in your own little mind it is the "second best alternative". As you don't control my keyboard or ignore options, I would recommend you utilize the function instead of requesting I do so if you don't have the willpower to not respond.

Obviously, from your statement above, you consider yourself on a different plateau than others here. You have been shown several errors of your posts over the last couple of days and your ego is bruised - get over it, or put me on ignore. I am not adapting my responses to please any individual on this board.
Posts: 15,465
KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 11:43 PM   #9
Nightfyre Nightfyre is offline
MVP
 
Nightfyre's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Helena, MT
Casino cash: $88247
[SELFRIGHTEOUS]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCWolfman
I am sure in your own little mind it is the "second best alternative". As you don't control my keyboard or ignore options, I would recommend you utilize the function instead of requesting I do so if you don't have the willpower to not respond.

Obviously, from your statement above, you consider yourself on a different plateau than others here. You have been shown several errors of your posts over the last couple of days and your ego is bruised - get over it, or put me on ignore. I am not adapting my responses to please any individual on this board.
[/SELFRIGHTEOUS]
Posts: 15,834
Nightfyre has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Nightfyre has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Nightfyre has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Nightfyre has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Nightfyre has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Nightfyre has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Nightfyre has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Nightfyre has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Nightfyre has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Nightfyre has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Nightfyre has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 11:44 PM   #10
KCWolfman KCWolfman is offline
Fall down 7 times, get up 8
 
KCWolfman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $9182
There was some valuable input from someone who resorts to "you are ignorant" every time they are proven wrong.
Posts: 15,465
KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 11:45 PM   #11
Pants Pants is offline
Time Keeps On Slipping
 
Pants's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $1374505
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCWolfman
There was some valuable input from someone who resorts to "you are ignorant" every time they are proven wrong.
Yeah, but this time he was right...
__________________
ZootedGranny:

"That's the reason my FFL team name is TrentGreenLeadBlock. When you see this mother****er coming around the corner on a block, put your children to bed and batten down the hatch on your girl's snatch, because the same power that destroys defenders can scar the minds of the youth and simultaneously impregnate any woman within sight, live or on television."
Posts: 23,932
Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 11:46 PM   #12
KCWolfman KCWolfman is offline
Fall down 7 times, get up 8
 
KCWolfman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $9182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metrolike
Yeah, but this time he was right...
Darnit, the liberal contingent is mad again.

Obviously you missed the irony in my statement to Nightfyre.
Posts: 15,465
KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 11:47 PM   #13
Logical Logical is offline
Screw U if U can't take a joke
 
Logical's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $94931
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCWolfman
I am sure in your own little mind it is the "second best alternative". As you don't control my keyboard or ignore options, I would recommend you utilize the function instead of requesting I do so if you don't have the willpower to not respond.

Obviously, from your statement above, you consider yourself on a different plateau than others here. You have been shown several errors of your posts over the last couple of days and your ego is bruised - get over it, or put me on ignore. I am not adapting my responses to please any individual on this board.
My ego is not bruised not even close. You have lost several arguments the last couple of days and did not have the integrity to admit it.. Frankly you are not worthy of being on the other side of a debate with me because you cannot admit you are wrong. I have admitted being wrong plenty of times on this BB and to you as well. I am however absolutely not a iiar and don't consider your integrity worthy without calling you out and at least asking you to avoid the topic. I have never had to do the chickenshit thing and put you on iggy like you did me in the past so don't tell me to get over it. I was only suggesting it as an alternate in the event you did not feel you had the willpower to accept my first suggestion. Frankly I doubt you have the integrity to honor my first request, I hope you suprise me.
Posts: 31,579
Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 11:51 PM   #14
KCWolfman KCWolfman is offline
Fall down 7 times, get up 8
 
KCWolfman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $9182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav
My ego is not bruised not even close. You have lost several arguments the last couple of days and did not have the integrity to admit it.. Frankly you are not worthy of being on the other side of a debate with me because you cannot admit you are wrong. I have admitted being wrong plenty of times on this BB and to you as well. I am however absolutely not a iiar and don't consider your integrity worthy without calling you out and at least asking you to avoid the topic. I have never had to do the chickenshit thing and put you on iggy like you did me in the past so don't tell me to get over it. I was only suggesting it as an alternate in the event you did not feel you had the willpower to accept my first suggestion. Frankly I doubt you have the integrity to honor my first request, I hope you suprise me.
"Russ, I don't like what you have to say, so you should put me on ignore if you are going to keep saying it."

Yeah, Jim, that makes sense. Sack up
Posts: 15,465
KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 11:54 PM   #15
Logical Logical is offline
Screw U if U can't take a joke
 
Logical's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $94931
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCWolfman
"Russ, I don't like what you have to say, so you should put me on ignore if you are going to keep saying it."

Yeah, Jim, that makes sense. Sack up
Like I said no integrity. What I actually initially asked:
Quote:
I will start by making a simple request. I would appreciate it if you will attempt to not interject yourself directly in responding to my posting with others on religion/religious based topics and I will attempt to do the same for you.
Nothing about iggy in that statement.
Posts: 31,579
Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.