View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 02:09 PM   #102
tiptap tiptap is offline
Is this it?
 
tiptap's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Casino cash: $5050
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingRod View Post
"Emphasis added. If you were born in or after April 1985, if you are right now 27 years old or younger, you have never lived through a month that was colder than average. Thatís beyond astonishing."

It is also a stupid thing to say. Just check the weather around the country the winter before last.

US is what 2% of the world's area. So it isn't surprising that the average over an area that small could have fluctuations that could go colder over that area. But the whole of the world average temperature. Include the other 98% and you get the truth of the article.
__________________
Even a superstitious man has certain inalienable rights. He has a right to harbor and indulge his imbecilities as long as he pleases. . . He has a right to argue for them as eloquently as he can, in season and out of season. He has a right to teach them to his children. But certainly he has no right to be protected against the free criticism of those who do not hold them. He has no right to demand that they be treated as sacred. He has no right to preach them without challenge." -H.L. Mencken
Posts: 4,992
tiptap must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tiptap must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tiptap must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tiptap must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tiptap must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tiptap must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tiptap must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tiptap must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tiptap must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tiptap must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tiptap must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote