ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Would you Trade LJ Sneed for Justin Jefferson (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352623)

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-05-2024 12:25 AM

Would you Trade LJ Sneed for Justin Jefferson

Straight up

Best corner on the market for the best WR on the market

Jefferson may command a 30mil price while I believe Sneeds tag is around 19 mil

Both teams move their player out of the conference

ptlyon 03-05-2024 12:27 AM

Larry Johnson retired years ago

BWillie 03-05-2024 12:29 AM

Chiefsplanet hates good WRs

Bump 03-05-2024 12:33 AM

well yeah

New World Order 03-05-2024 12:33 AM

Yash

FloridaMan88 03-05-2024 12:35 AM

Yes, but no way Minnesota does that trade.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-05-2024 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17428306)
Yes, but no way Minnesota does that trade.

Sneed would shut down Jefferson so they'd be getting the better end of the deal and Minnesota historically loves Defensive players

ChiefsFanatic 03-05-2024 12:44 AM

I would, but it would be hard. If we had a second receiver on the team who was better than Watson and about as good as Rice, I would have to think about it a lot. I would still do it, though.

But, I think it's easier to find good DBs that work within a given defensive system, than it is to find wide receivers like Jefferson.

Bump 03-05-2024 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 17428314)
I would, but it would be hard. If we had a second receiver on the team who was better than Watson and about as good as Rice, I would have to think about it a lot. I would still do it, though.

But, I think it's easier to find good DBs that work within a given defensive system, than it is to find wide receivers like Jefferson.

finding a lockdown corner like Sneed is hard. But that is still a position that is quite replaceable on the Chiefs. It seems every DB we have can play good to elite football.

jd1020 03-05-2024 01:07 AM

Nope.

We just won a Superbowl with absolute dog shit at WR. Jefferson is great, but with that greatness comes a steep price tag. If Sneed is for sure getting traded, then I'll take the picks over a player a year away from commanding a 30M salary.

Nickhead 03-05-2024 01:08 AM

**** no, cause money and shit!

Chief Pagan 03-05-2024 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 17428324)
Nope.

We just won a Superbowl with absolute dog shit at WR. Jefferson is great, but with that greatness comes a steep price tag. If Sneed is for sure getting traded, then I'll take the picks over a player a year away from commanding a 30M salary.

Well yea, but do you trust the rest of the team to stay at the same level?

Signing JJ for that amount, and not signing Jones.

And in this unrealistic hypothetical, only giving up Sneed.

D gets worse, but they don't have absolute dog shit at WR and I'm not convinced that the D isn't going to get some worse even if Jones gets his third contract with KC.

Yea, I would do that*.

*If the outline of JJ's contract was worked out before the trade in order to avoid a holdout.

Chargem 03-05-2024 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 17428299)
Straight up

Best corner on the market for the best WR on the market

Jefferson may command a 30mil price while I believe Sneeds tag is around 19 mil

Both teams move their player out of the conference

In isolation, sure I would but that trade is massively in the Chiefs favour. Jefferson is probably worth around a Tyreek level trade, multiple picks including a 1st. There is no way Sneed is.

But if the Chiefs actually did this, they also lose Jones as well as Sneed.

Lose Jones and Sneed, get Jefferson.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-05-2024 02:25 AM

We played the Vikings and Sneed allowed Jefferson 3 catches for 24 yards. I want both.

TwistedChief 03-05-2024 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 17428324)
Nope.

Yes, because even if you didn’t want to give Jefferson a bigger deal, you could then turn around and trade him for a 1. Whereas Sneed in isolation is definitely not getting you back that.

Jefferson’s value on the open market is worth a fair bit more than Sneed’s, so the answer is, obviously.