ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *** Official MVP watch thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=334890)

mr. tegu 11-08-2020 03:40 PM

*** Official MVP watch thread***

I think Mahomes is now in the drivers seat for MVP. Wilson opened the week as the favorite but after two more interceptions and a loss Mahomes will likely move in front on the odds.

Rodgers and Brady are also clearly in the conversation. Not sure anyone else is really in play for it at this point. I know Wilson has been the sympathy pick but with all of his turnovers this thing is definitely now Mahomes award to lose.

DRM08 11-08-2020 03:42 PM

Russell is still frontrunner. He's on pace for 56 TD and everyone in the media/voting group wants Russell to get a MVP.

Brady deserves some legit consideration for it. Tampa goes from a terrible team to a pretty dang good one simply by getting rid of the 30 INT QB and sliding Brady in there.

Chieftain 11-08-2020 03:44 PM

Mahomes is clearly #1.
25 TDs, 1 Int = alien numbers for the NFL. Wilson again has proved my repeated point of having a few stinkers every season. That is why the guy has never been a credible MVP candidate.

TribalElder 11-08-2020 03:48 PM

would rather see mahomes repeat as superbowl mvp

keg in kc 11-08-2020 03:52 PM

Mahomes won't repeat anytime soon with anything less than 5000/50. They'll always look somewhere else first, usually for a good story.

Which is fine. We want Superbowl MVP trophies anyway, not league MVP.

DRM08 11-08-2020 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chieftain (Post 15313702)
Mahomes is clearly #1.
25 TDs, 1 Int = alien numbers for the NFL. Wilson again has proved my repeated point of having a few stinkers every season. That is why the guy has never been a credible MVP candidate.

Russ put up 390 yards and 2 more TD's on the board today with 34 points. Most people are not going to blame him for the loss when their defense gave up 44 points. Of course he had 2 turnovers today (fumble & INT) that directly led to 10 points for Buffalo. That game kinda feels similar to the Rams game for Mahomes in 2018, where the defense played poorly AND the QB made some huge mistakes that helped cause the loss.

Russell is still on pace for 56 TD and has an enormous advantage in terms of voter sentiment. Also think Brady has a shot at it due to the huge turnaround we are seeing in Tampa. The voters will be looking for a reason to NOT give it to Mahomes due to all the success he has had the last couple seasons. Just my 2 cents.

pugsnotdrugs19 11-08-2020 03:53 PM

I think Mahomes is certainly worthy but ever since I started noticing the trend of MVPs losing in the playoffs, I haven’t cared as much.

493rd 11-08-2020 03:55 PM

Patty is definitely in the mix at this point and may be the favorite in the minds of many. But it’s a long season and Wilson/Brady/Rodgers have all been great.

Chieftain 11-08-2020 03:55 PM

I want Pat to win both MVPs. Nothing wrong with being a little greedy.

KC Hawks 11-08-2020 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 15313756)
Russ put up 390 yards and 2 more TD's on the board today with 34 points. Most people are not going to blame him for the loss when their defense gave up 44 points. Of course he had 2 turnovers today (fumble & INT) that directly led to 10 points for Buffalo. That game kinda feels similar to the Rams game for Mahomes in 2018, where the defense played poorly AND the QB made some huge mistakes that helped cause the loss.

Russell is still on pace for 56 TD and has an enormous advantage in terms of voter sentiment. Also think Brady has a shot at it due to the huge turnaround we are seeing in Tampa. The voters will be looking for a reason to NOT give it to Mahomes due to all the success he has had the last couple seasons. Just my 2 cents.

Wilson had 4 turnovers.

ChiefsHawk 11-08-2020 04:00 PM

Quote:

From Foxsports RW had 2 ints and 2 fumbles lost today so the 44 the D gave up is on him.

ThaVirus 11-08-2020 04:01 PM

Quote:

This guy's got the right of it.

In case anyone here is unaware, Russell Wilson has never received a single MVP vote, not one. The narrative is very strong to finally give him one. Plus, I mean, he's had a couple stinkers, but he created himself quite a cushion with his first five or six games.

milkshock 11-08-2020 04:03 PM

*** Official MVP watch thread***

I believe Mahomes has a very good chance

Not least because we have apparently almost completely abandoned the running game (which is the right thing to do)

If we get involved in several more shoot outs (raiders, TB, NO) then 5k could be on as well as 45+ TD’s

That and A 14-2 or 15-1 record could seal the deal

carcosa 11-08-2020 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chieftain (Post 15313774)
I want Pat to win both MVPs. Nothing wrong with being a little greedy.

He will win both MVPs!!!

DRM08 11-08-2020 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkshock (Post 15313810)
I believe Mahomes has a very good chance

Not least because we have apparently almost completely abandoned the running game (which is the right thing to do)

The defense playing like shit will help Mahomes put up bigger numbers as well. Feels like we are back in 2018 days again. But I would much rather see Patrick throwing for 200 yards and only 1-2 TD in blowout victories than seeing him put up huge numbers while the team struggles to win. I want the defense to play like they did in the 2nd half of 2019 season.