ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life 75th Anniversary of D-Day. The greatest generation saves us from the Nazi's. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=323282)

BigRedChief 06-06-2019 07:42 AM

75th Anniversary of D-Day. The greatest generation saves us from the Nazi's.

At the time, we still could have lost the war, It was not decided. If this landing failed.... we could have ended up with Nazis controlling part of the world. These 18-20 year old kids who have never left their hometown out of the hills of Kentucky, plains of Kansas etc. saved us and the whole world from the Nazi's. A debt of remembrance is forever due.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fQ7IKM-jiJI" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Aspengc8 06-06-2019 07:49 AM

Not to discredit the bravery of these great men but Hitler's military decisions losing the war had a large impact- much more than the D-day landing. Their tanks and planes were much better than anything the US & British had, he was dumb and stretched them thin with the North African campaign and pushing into Russia too early. Would be crazy if his generals assassinated him and made better military decisions. I lost my grandfather during that campaign (B24 navigator)- big salute to everyone involved in that war.

gblowfish 06-06-2019 09:22 AM

Somebody's been playing Axis and Allies too long...

rabblerouser 06-06-2019 09:24 AM

The UN unNazied the woild!!

Dunit35 06-06-2019 09:29 AM

Coolest trip I’ve ever taken was visiting Normandy last year. So many sites and museums. We traveled with a WWII veteran. He landed in Normandy on the second week.

Prison Bitch 06-06-2019 09:37 AM

The war was lost for Germany way before June 6 1944. Come on.

Prison Bitch 06-06-2019 09:48 AM

ROFL
ROFL
ROFL
ROFL

https://www.kansascity.com/news/loca...s/FREE_640/vet

Cheater5 06-06-2019 09:55 AM

And the turn of this thread is the reason why CP sucks a fat baby's d i c k sometimes.

kgrund 06-06-2019 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 14296476)
The war was lost for Germany way before June 6 1944. Come on.

The D-Day invasion not only saved Western Europe from the oppression of the Germans, but also saved Western Europe from Stalin and the Red Army. Your "technical turning point" of when the Germans may of lost WWII does not diminish the importance the invasion had on the war and post WWII Europe.

Bowser 06-06-2019 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheater5 (Post 14296500)
And the turn of this thread is the reason why CP sucks a fat baby's d i c k sometimes.

I see you've never met Prison Bitch before. He's great at parties, too.

Donger 06-06-2019 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrund (Post 14296503)
The D-Day invasion not only saved Western Europe from the oppression of the Germans, but also saved Western Europe from Stalin and the Red Army. Your "technical turning point" of when the Germans may of lost WWII does not diminish the importance the invasion had on the war and post WWII Europe.

You are dealing with a person who claimed that we saved the Brits. His grasp on history is as tenuous as his grip on decency.

Donger 06-06-2019 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14296507)
I see you've never met Prison Bitch before. He's great at parties, too.

LMAO

BigRedChief 06-06-2019 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheater5 (Post 14296500)

yeah WTF:hmmm:

Prison Bitch 06-06-2019 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrund (Post 14296503)

Germany lost the war 2-2-43 when Paulus signed the surrender papers at Stalingrad. That was the point I was trying to make. US hastened their demise by a year or two by lending at Normandy but had they never landed, Germany still loses.

Amnorix 06-06-2019 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14296326)
At the time, we still could have lost the war, It was not decided. If this landing failed.... we could have ended up with Nazis controlling part of the world. These 18-20 year old kids who have never left their hometown out of the hills of Kentucky, plains of Kansas etc. saved us and the whole world from the Nazi's. A debt of remembrance is forever due.

It takes absolutely NOTHING away from our brave troops and our efforts throughout that long way when I say that this is not really accurate.