ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs We're fine--trust in Mahomes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319826)

KC_Connection 12-23-2018 11:40 PM

We're fine--trust in Mahomes

Yeah, this defense is a pile of trash like in the Vermeil years. Yeah, Andy Reid's track record in big games in his coaching career is abysmal. Yeah, this team is not playing its best football right now heading into the playoffs like they often did in the Alex Smith era.

But quit drawing comparisons between this team and past Chiefs/Reid teams and quit acting like this team is somehow doomed in January because they lost two close December games to good teams (one to arguably the 2nd best team in the NFL on the final play and another in the toughest road environment in the NFL).

Any of the parallels between the 2018 Chiefs and any past iterations of this franchise should stop once you realize we have a 5000 yd/50 TD quarterback in a league where passing offense is increasingly the only thing that matters. Patrick Mahomes is the best ****ing quarterback in the league and it isn't even close. He's the kind of offensive difference maker that no other team can match (and particularly no other team in the AFC this year) and he has led this team to the most wins in the conference practically by himself.

Sure it sucks that they didn't get it done the last few weeks, but the Chiefs are going to beat Oakland at home next week to get the #1 seed and home advantage. That is WHAT ****ing matters. Not whether they won or lost some December road game to the Seattle ****ing Seahawks. The real season for this team starts in January and that has been obvious for weeks now (and has probably been obvious to the Chiefs themselves too).

Given that home advantage along with the biggest weapon in the league leading them, the Chiefs are going to have as good a chance as anyone at winning a SB this season. Any other team in this league would kill to be in that position right now. Now it may not work out in the end and the defensive flaws may come back to bite us, but this team is almost certainly going to be among eight teams (and one of the best of those eight) in with a shot this year come January 12/13. It's time to stop bitching and moaning about what this team isn't and start appreciating what it is. Put your faith in Mahomes and get on for the ride.

Best22 12-23-2018 11:42 PM

Good point but save this stuff for tomorrow

CPers need time to vent

Eleazar 12-23-2018 11:42 PM

::this is fine dog.jpg::

KC_Connection 12-23-2018 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13984120)
Good point but save this stuff for tomorrow

CPers need time to vent

They can vent in their other irrational bitching threads.

pugsnotdrugs19 12-23-2018 11:46 PM

I see where you’re coming from, and I fully expect HFA, but let’s get real.

No QB can overcome what this defense does to good teams. No one. Not even Mahomes.

The ONLY positive is that HFA might make for some of that home cooking officiating that we seem to see every damn week anymore. But even then, it’s not enough.

If they fired Sutton tomorrow I’d give them a chance.

Why Not? 12-23-2018 11:47 PM

I have absolute faith in Mahomes. I absolutely believe he will put up 30 in our playoff game. And we'll lose anyway.

milkman 12-23-2018 11:48 PM

One player, no matter how great, doesn't win championships by himself.

FloridaMan88 12-23-2018 11:49 PM

Mahomes can’t do much when he’s on the sideline watching Sutton’s defense continuously give up long, 11+ play drives.

In58men 12-23-2018 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 13984171)
One player, no matter how great, doesn't win championships by himself.

I never seen a player like Mahomes, so **** you.

Easy 6 12-23-2018 11:49 PM

MAHOMES SUCKS ASS

DJ's left nut 12-23-2018 11:50 PM

I started to read that and then remembered that I'm a chiefs fan.

Dude... why? What possible reason can you have for convincing yourself it will be different?

Beat the Raiders, lose by 10 at home to whoever we end up playing. You know it's true.

In58men 12-23-2018 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13984181)
MAHOMES SUCKS ASS

I will ****ing fight you and your pets.

MMXcalibur 12-23-2018 11:50 PM

Does Mahomes play defense?

Randallflagg 12-23-2018 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13984174)
Mahomes can’t do much when he’s on the sideline watching Sutton’s defense continuously give up long, 11+ play drives.

Bingo.

KC_Connection 12-23-2018 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13984160)
I see where you’re coming from, and I fully expect HFA, but let’s get real.

No QB can overcome what this defense does to good teams. No one. Not even Mahomes.

The ONLY positive is that HFA might make for some of that home cooking officiating that we seem to see every damn week anymore. But even then, it’s not enough.

If they fired Sutton tomorrow I’d give them a chance.

Bad defenses have won SBs before in the past decade because they had guys named Drew Brees and Peyton Manning leading them. It's not ideal, but there's no reason it couldn't happen again (especially if this team doesn't have to go on the road again and gets some of the home cooking for themselves).