ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Calm the F Down (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319584)

Hoover 12-14-2018 09:37 AM

Calm the F Down

My lord some of you guys are just pathetic little Chicken Littles who believe everything you hear in the media and you let it impact your actual lives.

So take a deep breath and let Uncle Hoover tell you why everything will be alright.

1. I would have loved to win the game last night, tie up the division and secure the bye. It would let us rest players too, which I think could really help us. Yet on the flip side, do you really think its good to let this team coast for three weeks before our first playoff game. I don't.

2. To me the Chargers remind me of previous years Chiefs teams, and we're now the Broncos. Little brother gets the big win they need, but still don't control their own destiny. They need everything to go right to get a bye, and while I understand that they got themselves into that position, let me be honest, its just not going to happen.

3. Before the Chiefs take the field in Seattle, we will basically have won the division. I think the Ravens beat the Chargers. So all this talk about oh my God look at the Chargers. Chiefs are going to be the 5th seed is all going to be BS when we take the field in 10 days.

4. Berry's return, even for only the first half gives us much hope. The defense was much improved with him on the field. He is the on field coach.

Chins up kids, everything is going to be alright.

Hoover

dj56dt58 12-14-2018 09:37 AM

**** You

Reerun_KC 12-14-2018 09:38 AM

Thanks uncle Hoover!

Randallflagg 12-14-2018 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 13961765)
My lord some of you guys are just pathetic little Chicken Littles who believe everything you hear in the media and you let it impact your actual lives.

So take a deep breath and let Uncle Hoover tell you why everything will be alright.

1. I would have loved to win the game last night, tie up the division and secure the bye. It would let us rest players too, which I think could really help us. Yet on the flip side, do you really think its good to let this team coast for three weeks before our first playoff game. I don't.

2. To me the Chargers remind me of previous years Chiefs teams, and we're now the Broncos. Little brother gets the big win they need, but still don't control their own destiny. They need everything to go right to get a bye, and while I understand that they got themselves into that position, let me be honest, its just not going to happen.

3. Before the Chiefs take the field in Seattle, we will basically have won the division. I think the Ravens beat the Chargers. So all this talk about oh my God look at the Chargers. Chiefs are going to be the 5th seed is all going to be BS when we take the field in 10 days.

4. Berry's return, even for only the first half gives us much hope. The defense was much improved with him on the field. He is the on field coach.

Chins up kids, everything is going to be alright.

Hoover

Yeah, no. I've fallen for this crap since the 70s. Sure, Chiefs ARE in the playoffs - GREAT!

End of story. Been there and done that.

Get rid of Sutton and bring in someone who still has FIRE to kick the living shit out of the other guys. Until then - (to coin a popular phrase) "Because Chiefs"

Donger 12-14-2018 09:40 AM

https://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i-...everything.jpg

phisherman 12-14-2018 09:42 AM

A voice of reason, thank you.

kcpasco 12-14-2018 09:43 AM

History of this franchise says otherwise.

CervezaChill 12-14-2018 09:43 AM

Really, we have a generational talent at QB on a rookie contract. This is the best window in the HISTORY of this loser franchise to get a Superbowl win in 50 years.

And you preach patience.

bdj23 12-14-2018 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 13961789)
History of this franchise says otherwise.

This

But I'm done getting mad at this team.

Best22 12-14-2018 09:47 AM

Teams that can run the ball but also have tough defenses are our kryptonite. Only reason we beat Denver is because Keenum is garbage

We matchup better vs. New England because they can’t stop us, or slow us down unlike La and Baltimore

scho63 12-14-2018 09:50 AM

As a fan since 1970, your post Hoover sounds great in theory but history is on the side of us pessimists.

I hope I'm wrong and the Chiefs win the SB and prove us doubters wrong. I'll gladly eat crow.

Ken Bone 12-14-2018 09:53 AM

Everything definitely will not be alright, I’ve watched this shit for over 35 years. I’m sorry but this team is the definition of insanity. They’ve made the playoffs again so that’ll secure some coaches jobs and Sutton won’t be fired. They’ll go one and out in the playoffs again and repeat next year. Because Chiefs

FloridaMan88 12-14-2018 09:54 AM

If the Chiefs didn't lose in literally the exact same way they have lost in their previous epic playoff choke jobs under Andy Reid, I wouldn't be as concerned, but they did.

Also the Chiefs control of their own destiny includes having to beat Seattle, a team that will present a combination of the challenges the Chiefs faced against the Ravens/Chargers.

notorious 12-14-2018 09:56 AM

Berry will probably mask Sutton’s abortions enough to keep him around.

I will be out next year if Sutton is around. We don’t just lose Eric Berry the player when he’s injured, we also lose the best defensive coordinator on the staff.

jimidollar 12-14-2018 09:56 AM

Yeah, calm down dudes. The Chiefs will overcome adversity just like they always have in years past. Oh wait...