ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Future is Now (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318978)

A8bil 11-20-2018 02:14 AM

The Future is Now

Lots of angst over that loss, but my strong takeaway from that game is that we just saw the next decade of the NFL and in my view, it looks good. That was a great game. You can't get to all over the defenses. The rules have been changed to favor a good passing offense and tonights game showed what it looks like. That was a great game by two great QBs. Both defenses left an impact on the game as well. If the league can put on more games like this, it will be in good shape.

KChiefs1 11-20-2018 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A8bil (Post 13905798)
Lots of angst over that loss, but my strong takeaway from that game is that we just saw the next decade of the NFL and in my view, it looks good. That was a great game. You can't get to all over the defenses. The rules have been changed to favor a good passing offense and tonights game showed what it looks like. That was a great game by two great QBs. Both defenses left an impact on the game as well. If the league can put on more games like this, it will be in good shape.

Good post but I think Mahomes plays for 15-20 more years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baby Lee 11-20-2018 02:23 AM

What is going to justify future star defensive contracts? The wages of humiliation?

UK_Chief 11-20-2018 02:35 AM

Disagree to be honest. Yes it was a fun game to watch but every week? I like watching balanced games with good O and D. Otherwise just watch basketball or college ball

Hammock Parties 11-20-2018 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13905804)
What is going to justify future star defensive contracts? The wages of humiliation?

Same thing that has always justified it. Big plays.

Sacks, fumbles, interceptions.

Guys like Rodney Harrison aren't going to get paid anymore, though.

A8bil 11-20-2018 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UK_Chief (Post 13905807)
Disagree to be honest. Yes it was a fun game to watch but every week? I like watching balanced games with good O and D. Otherwise just watch basketball or college ball

It wont be every week...great QBs will be able to torch defenses, but there will always be only a handful of great QBs. You just saw 2. Defenses continue to get better in terms of adjusting to the rules favoring passing. Premiums will be placed on impact pass rushers and hybrid LBs/safeties who can cover and provide run support. The average weekly game will be more competitive as the defenses will pick apart weaker QBs. It was unreal tonight how you knew that with each score, both Goff and Mahomes could drive the offense down to score. That is not usual...and it was cool.

Sannyasi 11-20-2018 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A8bil (Post 13905811)
It wont be every week...great QBs will be able to torch defenses, but there will always be only a handful of great QBs. You just saw 2. Defenses continue to get better in terms of adjusting to the rules favoring passing. Premiums will be placed on impact pass rushers and hybrid LBs/safeties who can cover and provide run support. The average weekly game will be more competitive as the defenses will pick apart weaker QBs. It was unreal tonight how you knew that with each score, both Goff and Mahomes could drive the offense down to score. That is not usual...and it was cool.

Yeah I still feel like defenses are going to adjust... that maybe offenses will still keep a slight advantage but that 54-51 games aren't going to ever become the new "normal." I could be wrong though.