ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Can someone please explain the challenge? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318975)

Buehler445 11-20-2018 12:09 AM

Can someone please explain the challenge?

I get it was a tipped ball and that negated the penalty but my understanding was that you couldn’t challenge penalties and they couldn’t be overturned.

I mean I’ll take it after the raping they put on us, but what the hell happened?

Side note: who else likes Angry Andy? I laughed my ass off when he told Goff to get bent. ROFL

Coach 11-20-2018 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13905520)
I get it was a tipped ball and that negated the penalty but my understanding was that you couldn’t challenge penalties and they couldn’t be overturned.

I mean I’ll take it after the raping they put on us, but what the hell happened?

Side note: who else likes Angry Andy? I laughed my ass off when he told Goff to get bent. ROFL

Didn't challenge the penalty itself. They challenged that the ball was tipped prior to the penalty. Since it was tipped, there cannot be PI/Holding.

-King- 11-20-2018 12:10 AM

He didn't challenge the penalty. He changed that the pass was tipped which you can do apparently.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rain Man 11-20-2018 12:12 AM

Yeah, I wondered about that. I didn't know you could file a challenge that would result in picking up a flag. But maybe that's because the penalty is not a judgment call in this case. If the ball is tipped, it's clearly not a penalty unless you're Jeff Triplette just making up rules as you go along.

MVChiefFan 11-20-2018 12:12 AM

Same. I liked that it happened, but I had no idea you could challenge a penalty. And YES, I liked to died when Andy gave that douche the business!

Buehler445 11-20-2018 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 13905526)
Didn't challenge the penalty itself. They challenged that the ball was tipped prior to the penalty. Since it was tipped, there cannot be PI/Holding.

I don’t know. It’s just weird as shit. What you’re saying makes sense, but I thought they couldn’t overturn penalties.

It should have never come to that. Everybody on the planet knew it was tipped and it was a hogshit call. But damn. I wish we could get blind ass penalties turned over more often.

New World Order 11-20-2018 12:15 AM

I want to see more of 'Angry Andy'

MVChiefFan 11-20-2018 12:16 AM

Yeah, but essentially you’re still challenging the penalty. Because, had there been no penalty, it wouldn’t have made a difference whether the ball was tipped or not.

007 11-20-2018 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 13905558)
I want to see more of 'Angry Andy'

I would like to see that side of him every week. Him always remaining silent drives me nuts.

Coach 11-20-2018 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13905552)
I don’t know. It’s just weird as shit. What you’re saying makes sense, but I thought they couldn’t overturn penalties.

It should have never come to that. Everybody on the planet knew it was tipped and it was a hogshit call. But damn. I wish we could get blind ass penalties turned over more often.

If it isn't a Personal Foul/Unsportsmanlike penalty, it can be nullified, I believe. Then again, this is the NFL, so who the hell really knows?

Coach 11-20-2018 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 13905574)
Yeah, but essentially you’re still challenging the penalty. Because, had there been no penalty, it wouldn’t have made a difference whether the ball was tipped or not.

He wasn't challenging the penalty itself. He was challenging the play. Since it was tipped, there could be no PI/Holding because it's a free-for-all.

Rain Man 11-20-2018 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 13905606)
If it isn't a Personal Foul/Unsportsmanlike penalty, it can be nullified, I believe. Then again, this is the NFL, so who the hell really knows?

So could we have challenged the punt return where our guy touched the Ram in the back as he was diving? I don't think so.

I feel like it's got something to do with not being a judgment call. Most penalties are judgment calls, but this penalty had a very clear requirement (non-tipped ball) that was very clearly not met.

Coach 11-20-2018 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13905647)
So could we have challenged the punt return where our guy touched the Ram in the back as he was diving? I don't think so.

I feel like it's got something to do with not being a judgment call. Most penalties are judgment calls, but this penalty had a very clear requirement (non-tipped ball) that was very clearly not met.

Unfortunately, you can't challenge the penalty itself (the block in the back, which was very weak call). I would be in favor of challenging penalties, but I also understand the risks of that, as it would extend the game much longer. And I don't see the NFL wants to even go there anyways.

Like baseball, there is a need an electronic strike zone (in my opinion) because like the strike zone, penalties in the NFL is very subjective. There were a lot of offensive line holding calls that would have met the criteria (for both teams), that did not get called.

MatriculatingHank 11-20-2018 02:13 AM

ROFLCan someone post a GIF of Andy shutting Goff's pie hole??

KChiefs1 11-20-2018 02:18 AM

Angry Andy is the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk