ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Superstar QB and it's effect on a roster? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317400)

BlackOp 09-12-2018 03:23 PM

Superstar QB and it's effect on a roster?

It might be a bit premature to label PM a "superstar"...but I'm really curious about his presence and the compounding psychological effect in the locker room. Does this lead a team to be more focused because they have hope?

Both Manning and Brady had the ability to motivate their teammates... and get them to believe what they were doing was going to be successful. When Rodgers returned to the Bears game...you saw it.

Mahomes seems to have a bit of the "I'm going to kick your ass" in him.

Last year...when KC started to slide, it seemed like nobody had that mentality. They just looked stale and uninspired. Like it was expected... It was one the biggest changes in momentum in NFL history.

It will fascinating to watch this develop over the years...it's uncharted territory for us fans.

BlackHelicopters 09-12-2018 03:26 PM

Mahomes is far from being a star, let alone a superstar.

KCrockaholic 09-12-2018 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters (Post 13727373)

Is he at least a supermoon?

loochy 09-12-2018 03:28 PM

http://floridarealestatelawandinvest...49-637x353.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device

BlackOp 09-12-2018 03:28 PM

Quote:

He has all the earmarks of one...I did preface my OP with it being a premature label.

I would bet my house that he becomes one...

Battered Chiefs fans to ruin a thread in 3,2,1...

Halfcan 09-12-2018 03:39 PM

Quote:

Mahomes is a Star in KC already. The fans here know what the Chiefs have in this kid. The National media will catch on eventually.

He even turned down endorsements last year.

BlackHelicopters 09-12-2018 03:41 PM

Dude has played two games.

jimidollar 09-12-2018 03:43 PM

He's well on his way. I have faith in the kid.

CoMoChief 09-12-2018 03:44 PM

The QB's like Favre, Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Elway, Montana, Marino, etc all make the players around them better. These are the QB's that other players want to play for because it means "road to championship" and usually they play a little harder for these guys.

Bleeds over to the defense a little bit as well. If they know they have a QB that can get the ball into the endzone and win games, they're going to play a little bit harder by nature IMO.

BlackOp 09-12-2018 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters (Post 13727412)

And beaten two divisional opponents in their house...while making jaw-dropping throws.

I'll say it again, I've never seen a QB, play like this, this early in his career. That isn't because he plays for KC...its because I truly havent.

Manning, Elway and Rodgers didn't...neither did the Rapist or Brady. Favre was terrible...

Maybe Marino? He kicked some ass his 2nd year...but also started 11 games as a rookie.

Halfcan 09-12-2018 03:50 PM

Quote:

Try finding a good Mahomes shirt around town- slim pickings.

Plus it is everything he has done off the field as well that has made his popularity skyrocket. He is a humble kid and is perfect for the Midwest.

Already in my top ten of Favorite KC Sports heroes of all time.

dlphg9 09-12-2018 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13727383)
He has all the earmarks of one...I did preface my OP with it being a premature label.

I would bet my house that he becomes one...

Battered Chiefs fans to ruin a thread in 3,2,1...

I have no doubt that he will be a top 5 qb this year and top 2 qb with in 2 years.

dj56dt58 09-12-2018 04:16 PM

Quote:

And already has 3 wins and 1 offensive player of the week under his belt..pretty damn good id say

Rain Man 09-12-2018 04:48 PM

Charisma cannot be overrated. A guy with charisma has a huge advantage in almost anything he does, and one cannot deny that Patrick Mahomes II has charisma. When you see him on the sidelines with that confident smile, you pretty much know that he's going to be a winner and so you want to be on his team. At some critical point in time, that will pay off.

I watched a couple of Hard Knocks episodes with the Rams, and Jared Goff was exactly the opposite. He was remarkably uninspiring. Maybe he's got a great arm and will be a great quarterback, but I don't see a team falling into line behind him to help with that.

FAX 09-12-2018 04:59 PM

I think this is a very interesting question. When you have a guy who sucks all the media oxygen out of the room, it can have a negative effect on the teammates.

But I don't see that happening in KC. First, we're a small market team ... less media effect, overall. The national media will be the divider ... if one emerges.

I also think Wally is the kind of coach to ensure this doesn't become a problem. And, to be honest, I think Veachie has tried to bring in guys who are "team-centric" and interested in winning. If that means that Mahomes gets invited to sleep with all the IG girls, so be it. So long as it leads to a championship. Which, after all, is the point. After, of course, you sleep with the left over IG girls.

FAX