ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Your Biggest Regret So Far In Life (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315438)

Rams Fan 05-18-2018 07:13 PM

Your Biggest Regret So Far In Life

The question is simple: What your biggest regret so far in life?

It could be anything. It could be something you did or didn't do.

For me, so far, it'd have to be turning down an opportunity to go to a World Series game.

Second biggest would be not appreciating my family more when I was younger.

KCrockaholic 05-18-2018 07:17 PM

Being incredibly self conscious for no reason is definitely up there. Low confidence as a kid is definitely something I look back on and I hate. Worrying too much about what others think. Otherwise I’m not sure. I regretted leaving a good job in 2016, but seeing where I’m at now, maybe it was worth it.

Randallflagg 05-18-2018 07:19 PM

I guess my biggest regret - one that broke my old man's heart - was that he got ma an appointment to the Air Force Academy and I turned it down. Dumbass kid. Volunteered for the Army and went to Viet Nam as an Infantryman.

Finally went to College - but re-enlisted and they sent me to school. After that, spent the next 21 years in the Army.

But yeah, I always felt bad about that...The Old Man wanted me to be an Officer like him - but I became a Warrant Officer instead...

Sofa King 05-18-2018 07:40 PM

I wish I would have tried harder in school and had a better college plan.

My mom passed away unexpectedly in October and i’m still having panic attacks at nights sometimes. She wanted me to help haul some plants with her that day and I took a nap and procrastinated it. I got woken up from the nap by a message to haul ass to the hospital but it was too late. She was 62 and in good health. Regret not being there sooner. Not that I could have prevented it, but who knows.

Randallflagg 05-18-2018 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 13561710)
I wish I would have tried harder in school and had a better college plan.

My mom passed away unexpectedly in October and i’m still having panic attacks at nights sometimes. She wanted me to help haul some plants with her that day and I took a nap and procrastinated it. I got woken up from the nap by a message to haul ass to the hospital but it was too late. She was 62 and in good health. Regret not being there sooner. Not that I could have prevented it, but who knows.

Believe me, I know how you feel. I was working in the Embassy in Moscow when I was contacted to come home immediately - My Father was dying. I jumped on the next flight out and was landing in Boston when I was called into Security - they had a phone call for me. It was my Brother who told me to hurry, Dad didn't have long to live.

I got home at about 2AM - got picked up at the Airport and my Brother tells me that Dad looked as though he would be OK - but my Mother had been in a automobile accident on the way to the hospital (T-Boned by a drunk) and killed. I was in a state of utter shock throughout the funeral and for the next week or so...I kept thinking that I was dreaming..just didn't seem real. Two weeks later, my Father died.

Needless to say, it was a rough couple of weeks.....

sd4chiefs 05-18-2018 08:13 PM

Becoming a Chiefs fan 50 years ago.

siberian khatru 05-18-2018 08:29 PM

Shooting that man in Reno just to watch him die.

Fish 05-18-2018 08:29 PM

I got the pasta, when I totally should have went with the prime rib special. Still hurts.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-18-2018 08:38 PM

American problems ROFL baseball game ROFL

Flying High D 05-18-2018 08:41 PM

Leaving a once in lifetime job at NASA to take a position at a drywall manufacturing facility. Leaving Cape Canaveral Kennedy Space and now living in the middle of nowhere in a fifth wheeler. I’ve been begging NASA to take me back. My whole family has been praying. I swear I had to of been on drugs. My first clue should of been when I got physically sick turning in my NASA ID badge. Then for like a week after that NASA asked me what it would take for me to stay. I gave them them outrageous amount. Only a Chiefs fan would do something that stupid. And the kick in the nuts, NASA is a non-hostile work environment. This place is all about hostile, bullying harassment environment. Like 1948, I got treated better in basic trining in 1983.

MarkDavis'Haircut 05-18-2018 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 13561764)
Shooting that man in Reno just to watch him die.

Naming my only son Sue.

Sofa King 05-18-2018 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randallflagg (Post 13561719)
Believe me, I know how you feel. I was working in the Embassy in Moscow when I was contacted to come home immediately - My Father was dying. I jumped on the next flight out and was landing in Boston when I was called into Security - they had a phone call for me. It was my Brother who told me to hurry, Dad didn't have long to live.

I got home at about 2AM - got picked up at the Airport and my Brother tells me that Dad looked as though he would be OK - but my Mother had been in a automobile accident on the way to the hospital (T-Boned by a drunk) and killed. I was in a state of utter shock throughout the funeral and for the next week or so...I kept thinking that I was dreaming..just didn't seem real. Two weeks later, my Father died.

Needless to say, it was a rough couple of weeks.....

That ****ing sucks man. That's awful.

I haven't felt the same since. She was such a prominent person in the community always helping people with Cancer, their health, etc. I wish i could just talk to her about how to handle this shit.... she would know or say exactly what i needed to hear.

New World Order 05-18-2018 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 13561679)
The question is simple: What your biggest regret so far in life?

It could be anything. It could be something you did or didn't do.

For me, so far, it'd have to be turning down an opportunity to go to a World Series game.

Second biggest would be not appreciating my family more when I was younger.

You've lived a damn good life if you're biggest regret was not going to a baseball game.

Rain Man 05-18-2018 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High D (Post 13561773)
Leaving a once in lifetime job at NASA to take a position at a drywall manufacturing facility. Leaving Cape Canaveral Kennedy Space and now living in the middle of nowhere in a fifth wheeler. I’ve been begging NASA to take me back. My whole family has been praying. I swear I had to of been on drugs. My first clue should of been when I got physically sick turning in my NASA ID badge. Then for like a week after that NASA asked me what it would take for me to stay. I gave them them outrageous amount. Only a Chiefs fan would do something that stupid. And the kick in the nuts, NASA is a non-hostile work environment. This place is all about hostile, bullying harassment environment. Like 1948, I got treated better in basic trining in 1983.

Were you the drywall guy for the space shuttle? Man, you couldn't see a single seam in that thing. Well, other than Challenger.

Willie Lanier 05-18-2018 09:44 PM

Signing up for Chiefsplanet...

Jk